PDA

View Full Version : ubercharger wand chambers

killianh
2012-07-15, 11:17 AM
I'm going to be building an ubercharger for an upcoming game and I'm wondering what the playground thinks would be the most useful wand to wand chamber for it? Or any other good equips?

Fouredged Sword
2012-07-15, 11:45 AM
Swift invisibility. Cheap easy 50% miss chance to get around the near zero defense you get after an ubercharge. It's a swift action to use and so you can use it after the charge and attack to be invisible until you can act again.

Dusk Eclipse
2012-07-15, 01:46 PM
Wraithstrike level 2 spell swift action casting which makes all your attacks touch attacks. 1500 GP for 50 rounds worth of full attacks. Now you don't need to tank your AC with shock trooper and still have a high chance to hit (you should have at least a +15 or so in non-bab attack bonuses).

Tvtyrant
2012-07-15, 02:04 PM
Rhino's Rush causes you to do double damage on a charge, so it stacks up with your other damage sources.

Aemoh87
2012-07-15, 04:28 PM
Rhino's Rush causes you to do double damage on a charge, so it stacks up with your other damage sources.

Rhino's Rush is neat because you do tons more damage (double to be exact) but for the most part it is completely useless other than just giggles at the table. I recommend a wand that gives you a way to avoid hazardous terrain and or fly. There are several ways to do this.

Fouredged Sword
2012-07-15, 04:30 PM
Swift fly would also be good. Charging straight up for a round to get that pesky wizard when he thinks he is safe is awesome. Falling damage can be healed after the wizard is dead!

Darrin
2012-07-16, 07:27 AM
Still a big fan of instant of power (Forge of War). Immediate action, so you can put that +4 on an attack you think is going to whiff, and if you've got a solid hit, dump it into your damage multipliers.