PDA

View Full Version : Need help finding pre-created low level Drow Npc

nessus
2012-07-15, 01:39 PM
I want to make/steal a group of drow npc's. My players are drow as well and just came back from a long mission where they're actions lost the favor of lloth for them and they're family. Obviously in menzoberanzan when 1 family loses the favor of lloth the most opportunistic families launch attacks on the weakened one, and this is what is happening. My 5 PC's are level 4 + 2 lvl 4 Drow NPC allies, but are ladden with magical items, some of which are too powerful to be in the hands of a 4th lvl pc but them's the ropes when you are a noble of one of 8 ruling houses. (thus making they're CR a bit higher than 4, maybe 6 would be good.) Can anyone help me create a challenge for them, i dont care if 1 or 2 of them die but i dont want to kill them all... I am very lazy and do not want to create each NPC from scratch but i know thats what its gonna take to give my players a challenge

If you have any further questions dont hesitate to ask, thank you guys in advance
Nessus

Namfuak
2012-07-15, 01:48 PM
Note: Neither of these is strictly RAW-legal, I basically just gave them full skill ranks in a few skills and maybe a masterwork item rather than really calculating it, and by RAW an entrope can't be based on a swarm. Also, you may want to switch out weapon focus on the scouts, I just didn't feel like finding a better feat when I made them.

Here's a drow arachnomancer I made for as a friendly NPC:

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=409401

Her ECL is 12 since she is an enthrope, you could take that off and remove 4 ECL down to 8. I also calculated ECL as if she was a PC, not on CR.

And drow scouts:

Bow Drow 4th level Scout
Size/Type: Medium Humanoid (Elf)
Hit Dice: 4d8-4 (14 hp)
Initiative: +2
Speed: 40 ft (Leather Armor, +10 move)
Armor Class: 13 (+1 Dex, +2 Leather), touch 11, flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +3/+3
Attack: +1 Shortbow +6 (1d6+1/x3) rng 60 ft
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Darkvision 120 ft, Immunity to sleep spells, +2 racial bonus on Will saves against spells, spell-like abilities, and enchantment effects of other sorts, SR 15, dancing lights, darkness, faerie fire (CL 4), Light Blindness.
Special Qualities: Skirmish (1d6, +1 AC), Battle Fortitude (+1), Uncanny Dodge
Abilities: Str 11, Dex 13, Con 9, Int 12, Wis 10, Cha 12
Saves: Fort +1*, Ref +4*, Will +1*
Skills: Hide +10, Move Silently +10, Escape Artist +10, Tumble +8, Balance +8
Feats: Point Blank Shot, Weapon Focus (Shortbow), Rapid Shot
Environment: Any
Challenge Rating: 5
Treasure: Standard coins; standard goods; standard items, MWK items for skills
Alignment: Any
Advancement: By character class
Level Adjustment: +2

nessus
2012-07-15, 02:18 PM
thx for the help, but just by quickly glancing at the arachnomancer i have a hard time determining why she is 12, but i can still make good use of it thx again. If anyone else has something to add or more NPC's im writing all of them down to use in future games as well please keep'em coming

Namfuak
2012-07-15, 03:07 PM
thx for the help, but just by quickly glancing at the arachnomancer i have a hard time determining why she is 12, but i can still make good use of it thx again. If anyone else has something to add or more NPC's im writing all of them down to use in future games as well please keep'em coming

Keep in mind it was PC ECL, not CR, and there is no way that I would ever play this character in an actual ECL 12 party, entomanothrope benefits/regular drow is nowhere near worth the LA. Arachnomancer has some nifty class features, though, I wouldn't mind trying it out with a Lesser Drow possibly, or DM fiat to allow me to take verminfriend as a non-drow.

LA=2(drow)+2(Entomanothrope)
Class Levels/HD=2 (entomanothrope)+4 (Sorcerer)+2 (Arachnomancer)
2+2+2+4+2=12

Palanan
2012-07-15, 04:54 PM
As a DM, I really appreciate the Published NPC Project (http://d20npcs.wikia.com/wiki/Published_NPC_Project), which is a handy index to NPCs from a whole slew of sourcebooks.

Just looking through, there's at least one drow NPC for each CR from 1 to 10, with a strong concentration around CR 4. They tend to thin out above CR 10, but it's a place to start.

Flickerdart
2012-07-15, 05:53 PM
Low level Drow can be pretty sweet, and be decked out with stuff the PCs won't be able to use effectively even if they do get them. For instance, grab the feats Gift of the Spider Queen and Magic in the Blood and then trick them out with a Ring of Drow Blood. To the Drow, that ring is an extra daily awesome power from Gift of the Spider Queen, but the the PCs it's just a collection of crappy SLAs.

nessus
2012-07-18, 01:25 PM
Low level Drow can be pretty sweet, and be decked out with stuff the PCs won't be able to use effectively even if they do get them. For instance, grab the feats Gift of the Spider Queen and Magic in the Blood and then trick them out with a Ring of Drow Blood. To the Drow, that ring is an extra daily awesome power from Gift of the Spider Queen, but the the PCs it's just a collection of crappy SLAs.

all my pc's took magic in the blood as they're regional feat...and who wouldnt...and one of them took gift of the spiderqueen which is really cool considering the ring of drow blood, you nailed on the head on of my future quest rewards. Thanks for the optimization trick
:)