PDA

View Full Version : Dinosaur race.

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-15, 05:37 PM
Any ideas?
I know if Saurials, but are there anymore?

kharmakazy
2012-07-15, 05:40 PM
Any of the lizardy types can easily be refluffed into dinosaurs. Even some nonziardy leap to mind. Raptoran sounds pretty dinosaury. Kobolds, lizardfolk, etc.

eggs
2012-07-15, 06:34 PM
Saurian shifter?

The Redwolf
2012-07-15, 06:49 PM
In Pathfinder the serpentfolk are pretty close, they're like lizardfolk on steroids, the only problem is if you're looking to play them you're looking at a hefty level adjustment without taking some things off and talking it over with your DM. Still, they're pretty awesome.

Pika...
2012-07-15, 07:19 PM
I always wanted to stat out a raptor race. If only to make Raptor Jesus (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Raptor_Jesus) an official member of my cosmology's various pantheons. :smallbiggrin:

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-15, 07:21 PM
I want that race!

Hmmm...
Nah, not looking at a Race to play as, just looking for that kinda race.

Saurian Shifters are cool.

Anyone wanna try that race?

Invader
2012-07-15, 07:24 PM
Any dinosaur would do really but I'd def go with something like a raptor or a t-rex which is going to win hands down against something like a brontosaurus or ankylosaurus every time. :smallamused:

That_guy_there
2012-07-16, 10:39 PM
I always wanted to stat out a raptor race. If only to make Raptor Jesus (http://uncyclopedia.wikia.com/wiki/Raptor_Jesus) an official member of my cosmology's various pantheons. :smallbiggrin:

Yes. A must have addition.
Also Dino-Lycanthropes?

Mando Knight
2012-07-16, 10:52 PM
Dino-anthropes would be amusing, but really LA/RHD heavy.

If it weren't for the 4 HD and the +3 LA, a Natural were-deinonychus would be pretty neat: its hybrid and animal forms would get +8 Str, +4 Dex, +8 Con, and +7 Natural Armor, which would make up for some of the lost BAB and HP, assuming the race generally then went on to physical classes like Barbarian or Fighter. You also wouldn't need to worry about resizing armor, since the deinonychus is Medium.

Kuulvheysoon
2012-07-16, 11:09 PM
Any of the lizardy types can easily be refluffed into dinosaurs. Even some nonziardy leap to mind. Raptoran sounds pretty dinosaury. Kobolds, lizardfolk, etc.

Raptorans have wings. And feathers. They're also based on birds (as in raptors (birds of prey)).

Though funny enough, scientists are now discovering that a lot more dinosaurs may have had feathers...

That_guy_there
2012-07-16, 11:12 PM
Dino-anthropes would be amusing, but really LA/RHD heavy.

If it weren't for the 4 HD and the +3 LA, a Natural were-deinonychus would be pretty neat: its hybrid and animal forms would get +8 Str, +4 Dex, +8 Con, and +7 Natural Armor, which would make up for some of the lost BAB and HP, assuming the race generally then went on to physical classes like Barbarian or Fighter. You also wouldn't need to worry about resizing armor, since the deinonychus is Medium.

Yeah, that LA+HD is a pain (the guy below is a +7 IIRC). But I was thinking Were-Fleshraker. Everyone loves a Raptor with 2 claws atts + Bite + tail (with poison), leaping Pounce AND rake (and still just 4HD to boot), right?
:smalltongue:

That_guy_there
2012-07-16, 11:15 PM
Raptorans have wings. And feathers. They're also based on birds (as in raptors (birds of prey)).

Though funny enough, scientists are now discovering that a lot more dinosaurs may have had feathers...

HAHA :smallamused: nice job chumming the water for trolls!

<Invisible writing in quote>

Ashtagon
2012-07-17, 12:12 AM
There are four different saurial races. Was there any particular dinosaur trope not covered by them?

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-17, 05:40 PM
Carnivores are not coverd by Saurials.
As In T-rex...Spinosaurs And My fav, Carnotaur (Cheamlon super dinos :D)

HunterColt22
2012-07-17, 06:11 PM
Serpent Kingdoms in Faerun I think has what you are looking for, unless you already browsed through that. Also as the others said any dinosaur will do, just look at it and go over stats with dm to come to a good consensus.

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-18, 10:27 AM
Im suprised no one meationd Petra-Folk :D

Tokuhara
2012-07-18, 11:12 AM
If you want to dabble in a Dragon Magazine (*gasp*), Dave Noonan wrote a lovely write-up of 3.5 Dark Sun, which included the pterran, a race of psionic pterodactyl-people. Granted, most races in DS are +1LA, but really, considering DS's pedigree of being NES-Hard (the average "commoner" in the original was a 2nd level fighter!), can you blame them for being stronger than the average character?

Zombulian
2012-07-18, 11:55 AM
I second Saurian Shifters and using them in conjunction with NeoSeraphi's Shifter Handbook (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=12352390). I can attest that they are A BLAST to use. Whether you are playing the knowledgeable and wise Triceratops Druid, or the feral, combat oriented... well I like Triceratops in any situation.

Manly Man
2012-07-18, 12:35 PM
HALT! I AM REPTAR! (http://www.spaziogames.it/images/notizie/2011/11/multi/148995/148995_1.jpg)

But seriously, I think I can make Aeon into a playable race. Probably lizardfolk that descended from dragons with celestial lineage.

Yeah, lizardfolk on the whole are great for this kind of thing. Give some of them a bit of fluff and make them look more like a dinosaur than a crocodile, and maybe a crest of feathers.

CTrees
2012-07-18, 02:46 PM
Would the Savage Species rules for anthropomorphic animals work? I really don't remember if there are any dinosaurs, and LA could be a little touchy (not to mention the sometimes-high LA+RHD), but it could be another solution.

ShadowFireLance
2012-07-20, 09:58 AM
Thanks for all teh Input guys :D

hmmm, Anthro Dinosaurz

Not sure what teh Dm is ruling on that template...