PDA

View Full Version : Any threads that can help? D&D 3.5

Trodon
2012-07-15, 06:32 PM
I'm currently writing up my own campaign setting that I hope to post here when I get close to finishing it. My next task is making a template for a host for some extraplaner being, does anyone know of a thread that'll help me with the balance? This (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869262/Guide_to_Templates) is the closest thing that I've found but not quite what I need.

Yitzi
2012-07-15, 11:59 PM
Balancing templates is probably too complex for there to be a general thread for the topic. A better idea, as I see it, would be as follows:

1. Give the template whatever properties you think it should have.
2. Figure out what LA would work well for it, as best you can guess.
3. Post it here and ask for help balancing it (either with a better guess for the LA, or minor changes if it needs to in order to avoid slipping in between LA's).

Trodon
2012-07-16, 09:22 AM
Balancing templates is probably too complex for there to be a general thread for the topic. A better idea, as I see it, would be as follows:

1. Give the template whatever properties you think it should have.
2. Figure out what LA would work well for it, as best you can guess.
3. Post it here and ask for help balancing it (either with a better guess for the LA, or minor changes if it needs to in order to avoid slipping in between LA's).

Yeah, that's what I expected. Thanks and I'll hopefully post it when I get done.