PDA

View Full Version : Best craft feats for a Ranger[PF]

Sheogoroth
2012-07-15, 06:39 PM
My comrades and I are early in a Kingmaker campaign. We expect to have a great deal of crafting time.
Considering that they are the only ones with caster levels in our party, what are the best craft feats to take for a ranger or a druid with access to a great deal of natural resources, time, and manpower?

kharmakazy
2012-07-15, 06:42 PM
Craft wondrous covers 70% of the items in the game.

watchwood
2012-07-16, 12:20 AM
Indeed, Craft Wonderous should be a go-to feat for any class with a spell list.

Craft arms/armour would be useful for combat oriented characters, which rangers and druids both are. Most of the other feats are kinda weak, though. Most of the useful rings can be gotten quite cheap anyways, and the same goes for the other items. (Rods of extend, etc)

Remeber that with proper abuse of the crafting rules, you can easily get items for only 35% of the cost - items tied to a specific class/alignment cost 70% of the normal price, and you pay half of that to make them. And nothing at all restricts you to the listed items, take a look at the custom item creation rules.

kharmakazy
2012-07-16, 12:23 AM
Don't you not even need the spells to craft the items in PF? like I heard it was +5 to the craft DC if you don't know the spell.

watchwood
2012-07-16, 12:26 AM
Yup. The feats are mandatory, everything else just increases the DC. And even then, getting a scroll will work if it's a spell that's on your class list anyways.