PDA

View Full Version : Psionic Focus... Feat?

Zombulian
2012-07-16, 12:39 AM
Hey guys, just a quick clarification question here. So I was looking at the Arch Psion PrC on "The Mind's Eye" and one of the Prereqs confused me. It says under the feat section that I need "Psionic Focus in 2 disciplines"... to my knowledge there is no such thing. Can anyone explain what it is? I figure it was them just trying to make it a sort of mirror to Arch Mage but... yea I don't think those feats exist.

kharmakazy
2012-07-16, 12:43 AM
No idea, but it sounds like a psionic version of spell focus

Kelb_Panthera
2012-07-16, 01:35 AM
It is the psionic version of spell focus. The reason you've never heard of it is because it doesn't exist anymore. That PrC was designed with to go with the old psionics system, unless I'm mistaken.

Psyren
2012-07-16, 01:41 AM
It is the psionic version of spell focus. The reason you've never heard of it is because it doesn't exist anymore. That PrC was designed with to go with the old psionics system, unless I'm mistaken.

This is correct. Psionic Endowment (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/psionic/psionicFeats.htm#psionicEndowment) is as close as you'll get to that now; you could always ask your DM to require GPE instead of the old 3.0 requirement.

Zombulian
2012-07-16, 03:42 AM
What is GPE?

TuggyNE
2012-07-16, 03:58 AM
What is GPE?

Greater Psionic Endowment. (G)PE is not discipline-specific like Spell Focus is, so there are only two feats total.

Urpriest
2012-07-16, 12:24 PM
In general, 3.0 psionics is not very compatible with 3.5 psionics, I would avoid trying to mix the two unless there is a very good reason.

Psyren
2012-07-16, 12:40 PM
Greater Psionic Endowment. (G)PE is not discipline-specific like Spell Focus is, so there are only two feats total.

Yes, it applies to all your schools instead of just one. The downside though is that you have to expend your focus to use it. (As opposed to Spell Focus, which is a passive boost.)

In general, 3.0 psionics is not very compatible with 3.5 psionics, I would avoid trying to mix the two unless there is a very good reason.

Arch Psion is a pretty easy tweak compared to some of the other 3.0 classes though. Another easy one to convert is Planar Vanguard. (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20031219a)