PDA

View Full Version : RaynnVerse: The Reign OoC

Pages : [1] 2 3

Raynn
2012-07-16, 01:22 AM
So here is the Reign's OoC Thread, so to start things off there are four things you should do.

Repost the Link to your character sheet.
Reserve the Colour your character talks in.
Describe your characters appearance (Super & Normal) in detail.

Also discuss whatever you want about the Reign, or ask any questions about The Reign or the Raynn-verse you feel that you need to ask. :smallsmile:

Ridai
2012-07-16, 01:45 AM
Ava (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=324557) is ready, talking in navy blue.

Description can be found on the sheet, but I might add more here when I have the time later today. :smallsmile:

Green Bean
2012-07-16, 02:04 AM
Remembrance is here, talking in Dark Red. Appearance is detailed on the sheet, and I'm adding more detail at this very moment.

Remembrance

POWER LEVEL
Power Level: 10
Power Points: 150
Max Attack: 12
Max Defense: 12
Max Save DC: 8
Max Toughness: 8

ABILITIES
STR: 20 (+5)
DEX: 16 (+3)
CON: 16 (+3)
INT: 12 (+1)
WIS: 18 (+4)
CHA: 14 (+2)

COMBAT
Attack 13 (Melee 13, Ranged 13) [Unarmed +4 (Bruise)]
Defense 13 (6 flat-footed)
Initiative 11

SAVES
Toughness 9 (3 flat-footed)
Fortitude 6
Reflex 6
Will 12

SKILLS
Acrobatics 15 (+18)
Climb 6 (+11)
Disable Device 8 (+9)
Escape Artist 14 (+17)
Gather Info 8 (+10)
Intimidate 8 (+10)
Investigate 8 (+9)
Knowledge
-Tactics 4 (+5)
Notice 11 (+15)
Search 8 (+9)
Sense Motive 11 (+15)
Stealth 15 (+18)

FEATS
Acrobatic Bluff
Beginner's Luck
Contacts
Equipment (4)
Defensive Attack
Power Attack
All-out Attack
Defensive Roll (6)
Move-by Action
Elusive Target
Evasion (2)
Fearless
Hide in Plain Sight
Improved Disarm
Improved Initiative (2)
Quick Draw (1)
Stunning Attack
Redirect
Uncanny Dodge (1)
Second Chance (Mind Control)
Sneak Attack (1)
Takedown Attack

POWERS
Feature: Causal Anchor (Feat: Innate)

EQUIPMENT
ARRAY[15] Utility Belt
[a] Collapsible Quarterstaff (-size, -reach)
[a] Boomerang
[a] Smoke Grenade
[a] Crossbow
Camo Clothing (Urban)
Mini-Tracers
Night Vision Goggles
Grapple Gun (Super-Movement: Swinging)

SUMMARY
Abilities 36 + Skills 29 (116 ranks) + Feats 32 + Powers 2 + Combat 52 + Saves 14 – Drawbacks 0 = 165 / 166

BACKGROUND

Hello, I'm Lea Mendez. I'm nine years old and my best friend's name is Debbie. We met at a carnival. We go to different schools but Mommy helps me visit her on the weekends. But

tick

I think I'm going crazy. There was this new girl, never even talked to her before, and for some reason I thought she was my best friend. I went over and started babbling about going to a carnival. Now everyone else thinks I'm nuts too. Two years until I graduate, I can just ignore it

tick

but it doesn't go away. I'm trying to finish my book before the deadline and I keep getting distracted by these memories that I shouldn't have. I never met that girl and I never went to that high school. There has to be some explanation for why I keep getting these

tick

visions of a strange land, a land of freedom and plenty. Heroes too, even though the Eternal Baron Entropy wiped them out years ago. They have been with me all my life and they have spurred me on despite the danger. Our Resistance is small, but we will show Entropy he will not rule us. Our spies in the security forces already talk of strange warriors come through time to aid us. We will fight for our freedom beside these heroes, this

tick

Freedom League was in the news today and now I understand what's happening to me. They thwarted some time travel plot by Baron Entropy. They said everything should be back to normal and no one would remember a thing. They're wrong. Those visions were memories, memories of different versions of me, versions that don't exist any more. And things are different now – little differences but they add up. It's the

tick

small changes that are the worst. The memories of the poor Lea who lived under Entropy are easy to separate out, but when you have equally real memories of growing up on three different streets, it's hard to remember which one applies to this version of me. But I'm starting to get used to it. I get to see all the differences little changes can make, what might have been. It gives me perspective, and as long as it doesn't

tick

distract me when I'm on a mission. My teammates' lives depend on my focus, and in STAR things happen too quickly for me to get complacent. But there's been a few times when knowledge from another me has saved my life. Now that I know

tick

what's going on? I see superheroes, living in a world full of them, but that's just comic book stuff. It seems so real in my head, details I couldn't make up in a million years. But it can't be real, can it? I'll make an appointment to see my doctor, maybe he'll be able to tell me why

tick

I'm frightened. It would sound absurd to anyone who knew me. I've got a loving husband, an amazing job with Nelson and Bannerly, and as of two days ago, I'm aunt to a baby who I am going to spoil absolutely rotten. But it's all so fragile. The other Lea's memories in my mind are proof that even the tiniest change and all this happiness is just shadows on the wall. Bill wonders why

tick

tick

I am done. I am done being the victim. I am done waiting around for some superpowered madman to impose their vision on the cosmos. I am done being passive. I may not have powers, but I've already started

tick

training. Ordinary people have more power than they think, and even the mightiest villain has a weak point. All of

tick

me are in agreement. We will not be passive any more. We will bring stability to the universe, not just for me, but for everyone who has lost their lives over and over and doesn't even know it. I am

tick

Remembrance. I remember what the world has lost, and I will not stand by and let it lose any more. I will join my fellow heroes, and together we will help a world that sorely needs it.

Powers
Remembrance has the dubious power of being able to retain her memories whenever history is overwritten. Aside from that, all of her other abilities are the result of mind-boggling amounts of training and shopping at the right military surplus stores.

Appearance
Lea Mendez is a second-generation Columbian immigrant with short, dark hair and brown eyes. Not really conventionally attractive, she's of average height, but built like an Olympic wrestler, especially across the shoulders. Those who spend time in her presence notice that she almost never smiles.

Remembrance combines urban tactical gear with a face concealing hood and cape, both of which are designed to tear away should they ever become a liability. She wears a utility belt to carry her tools of the trade, but keeps a few backups tucked into her hood and pants, just in case. Under the hood is a full face mask. Not much of her costume is stylized; it's all about bleeding edge efficiency.

Complications
Instability (Memory Issues): Sixteen lives and counting, similar in structure but different in detail, and all equally real to her. She keeps careful notes and sticks to certain routines, but as her lives add up can she really keep it all together?
Relationship (Family): Various forms and permutations - brothers, sisters, nieces, nephews, and a pair of loving parents who met with varying fates over the timelines. She tries to keep her distance, but she remembers the names and faces of every single family member she's ever had. Her current mother's dead, but she still has a sister and father and will descend like the fist of an angry god if they're ever in danger.
Code (Loner): She's entirely willing to work together with her fellow heroes, and understands the importance of rapport building with friend and foe alike, but she keeps personal and romantic attachments are short and distant, if they exist at all. Of course, trying to keep things impersonal and actually succeeding are two very different things.
Prejudice (The Cosmically Powerful): The merely superpowered are fine, but she simply has a hard time trusting anyone punching above a certain weight class, as she thinks they're too removed from the lives of humanity to act in its best interests.

kpenguin
2012-07-16, 03:50 AM
Will you be putting up a core OOC, Raynn?

ripleycat
2012-07-16, 04:35 AM
Here's Air Ace's sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=355189). She'll be talking in Green.

Appearance:
Super: Emily is rangy and long-limbed, slightly taller than average height, with shoulder-length brown hair and eyes and rather pale skin. In her hero costume, she cuts a dashing, if anachronistic figure, wearing a brown leather pilot's jacket, tan johdpurs, and a pair of heavy, well-worn aviator's boots. Her rocket pack, raygun and goggles are all trimmed with gleaming chrome and heavily Art Deco styled, furthering the anachronistic feel and giving her the appearance of having escaped from the pages of the Rocketeer or Flash Gordon.

Normal: Emily is immensely casual, and outside of her costume it's rare as hensteeth to see her in anything but jeans and a t-shirt. Dressing up is both a challenge and a chore, and unless it's made crystal clear, she'll usually take "dress up nice" as "wear the shirt without holes in it." She admires the style of earlier eras, especially the '30s, and will strive to imitate it when not wearing things she can fix an engine in.

Ladorak
2012-07-16, 03:42 PM
I'll take purple

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=419233

Seal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=419233)

Appearances:

Roland:

Roland is a good looking man of average height and weight. He wears his blond hair long, dragged back into a plaited ponytail that extends halfway down his back. He has a number of fetishes woven into the plaits. To the unattuned this seems a motley and rather mystifying collection of sticks, ribbons, bones and pieces of metal bent into complex shapes. To the attuned they throb with magical energy.

He appears far older than his 27 years. Life has been hard for Roland, with little stability or joy. Stress lines mar his good looks, cutting deep black lines into the skin around and below his eyes and around his mouth. His eyes are the worst though. Those pale blue orbs reflect a bottomless pit of pain and fatigue. The permanent black pouches beneath his eyes speak of the many nightmares and sleepless nights he has suffered as the past reached up in the quiet of the night to suffocate all hope in his tired heart.

Roland has no favoured style of dress when he is not about his business. Able to create clothing at will and fully aware that any routine is a weakness to be exploited he could be wearing slacks one day, a full business suit the next.

When he is at work however he wears his enchanted robes. He is currently on his fifth set of robes, his continued seeking for perfection has caused him to discard each in turn as time and experience taught him the ways the runes and enchantments interacted with each other and himself.

These robes are made up of three pieces. A black hood studded with silver thread woven into arcane patterns extends into a purple black cape that flows downward until it brushes his ankles. At the hem a series of short steel blades have been stitched into the fabric. A golden clasp in shape of a roaring lion's head around his neck allows him to draw the cape around him, although he infrequently uses it. The second piece is the tunic, a blood red affair that reaches halfway down the thighs. It also is covered with arcane symbols, although these can only be viewed very close up because they are also blood red. The third piece covers his lower legs, extending from beneath the tunic to swish against the floor. It also is purple black, although a lighter shade.

The sleeves are long and flowing, easily enough to conceal all manner of objects within. They are the same shade as the cloak, aside from the hem, which is stitched with gold.

Seal:

Seal is difficult to describe in any real tangible terms, for it is, by nature, a fairly intangible thing. The vast bulk of what is Seal is now the new planar barrier, itself a fairly nebulous thing whose physical aspect Roland would struggle to explain to the unattuned. Even then that would be but the tip of the iceberg, the barrier could easily to said to exist in largely metaphysical terms.

Seal itself, the physical representation on Earth of the barrier, the thing mystically bound to follow Roland, is easier to describe.

It is a creature formed of light, a creature in constant flux. In shifting scintillating colours it forms a constant shifting tapestry of geometric shapes and fleeting, often breathtakingly beautiful, images. The images last only seconds, but the arrays of circles, triangles and more complex shapes last for hours, usually appearing in looping strings of floating circles or in dotted arrays that slowly shift about.

KaganMonk
2012-07-16, 04:00 PM
Doctor Dare (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=210580)

Should have access again tomorrow night, so I should get my devices sorted out soon after that. I might rearrange skill points a bit once I remember how rituals work.
Let's see, speech will be in Purple Cyan.

Dare appears to be in his late 20s and is handsome by any normal standards. He has short, spiky golden blonde hair, and clear blue eyes. Everything below his eyes is concealed by a plain white face mask when he is in hero mode. A dazzlingly white trench coat and gloves protect the rest of his body (even when the coat is open and his Doctor Who shirt shows), and he wears a plain pair of jeans and work boots. Seen without his face mask, he's usually smiling, but perhaps with a slightly preoccupied air. For those who have seen the Dire family without their suits, a family resemblance can be seen between them and Apollo, even though there are no records of Apollo's birth in this timeline.

PP Expenditures 4/12
Equipment x3
Ranged Attack Feat

smuchmuch
2012-07-17, 09:44 AM
Shade (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=326728)

Sylviah speaks in Dark green Palatino Linotype

Since she's mind without body, anything you can see or see form her is what she sows (not necessarily voluntary) through her phasntasm illusion powers; as such the details of her apparence can change a bit depending of her mood and the observer.

Her 'basic' apparence (which is how she thinks of herself and tend to return by deflault), is that of how she looked upon her death. A mid caucasian twenty woman on the rather small, lithe and flatchested side. Her face is slightly mediteranean, her eyes are green and her hair dark and curly. She's wearing a grey scraf around her neck and a black and grey jumpsuit, rehauled with a bit of white trimming and a white eye on the front.

Ladorak
2012-07-17, 09:19 PM
I updated Seal's description

KaganMonk
2012-07-18, 12:12 AM
Sheet is final.

Raynn
2012-07-18, 09:42 AM
Sorry about my brief hiccup in posting; I will post in a few hours. My flight, when I intended to post, was advertised has having in flight wifi and did on my original flight but today during my return flight the pilot never turned on the wifi so I sadly could not post.

I will return to my normal posting speed, if not slightly faster, later today.

My apologies :smallfrown:

Edit:

Back from the dead, sorry about the extended delay; that was due to a combination of jet lag and sleep deprivation causing me to fall asleep at my laptop.

We will now return to our regularly scheduled programming :smallsmile:

KaganMonk
2012-07-20, 07:46 AM
As always, your ability to spin side-plots out of nowhere is incredible, Darth.

Raynn
2012-07-20, 02:43 PM
Why thank you Doctor, who is a Time traveller and former green lantern (http://29.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_l3cw99p5Zu1qbkiyvo1_500.jpg).

KaganMonk
2012-07-20, 03:06 PM
Did the doctor become a Green Lantern somewhere in the unplayed parts? Because otherwise, that was my other character. Very briefly almost joined his team, either Freedom League or New Freedom League.

Raynn
2012-07-20, 03:13 PM
It was a Joke on the fact that you Kaganmonk played one character who time travelled and was a doctor and formerly played another character who was a green lantern.:smallredface:

smuchmuch
2012-07-20, 08:48 PM
Starting tomorow, for ten days, I will be away from my home and normal computer and will have likely only very sporadic (possibly no) acess to internet.
I might be able to get some posts in but likely at a very reduced rate

edit: Or maybe not.
it's possible I may have a stable intenet source after all. No idea yet.

KaganMonk
2012-07-21, 07:52 AM
Sorry. I know there was a lot of history we didn't play through, so I wasn't sure if he actually did become a Green Lantern. I did get the joke.

ripleycat
2012-07-22, 03:11 PM
Screwed up the formatting on my attack roll, and can't edit, so I'll post it here.
[roll0]

ripleycat
2012-07-22, 04:58 PM
Let's see how much this hurts. Not going to bother rolling for the grapple resist, Emily can't beat that with a natural 20.

Toughness save #1 (DC 25): [roll0]
Toughness save #2 (DC 20): [roll1]

KaganMonk
2012-07-22, 07:22 PM
Gotta love ridiculously dramatic timing.

It occurs to me to check Dare's knowledge of Omega, particularly in relation to Navi (or if I have any info from being in Nav Club).

[roll0] General purpose knowledge check.

Raynn
2012-07-22, 09:32 PM
Should be a +15 bonus, Eidetic memory doesn't help with this kind of check except I suppose for stuff you're remembering from being with Navi but none of that is relevant to my knowledge.

Omega:
In 1993, 29 years ago, Omega invaded from a space between realities known as the Terminus, a dimension he rules. The Terminus Invasion as it came to be known almost succeeded but was stopped due to the sacrifice of the the greatest hero who ever lived, the Centurion.

Omega is immensely powerful. One of the most powerful beings who have ever been encountered on Earth-8. He was not even defeated in 1993, his containment armor was merely damaged enough that he had to withdraw. His armies are limitless and his ultimate goal is to destroy universes and make their remains into components of the Terminus.

It is unclear whether his ultimate goal is destroy the natural multiverse and make it a part of his domain, remake reality as its god or to simply eliminate all life in the multiverse.

He is the single greatest evil Earth-8 has ever encountered. . .

But for over ten years no one has even been able to enter the Terminus, or heard of the activities of Omega. . .

Ridai
2012-07-24, 05:48 PM
Untrained knowledge check about Cullie Act: [roll0]
Same for Nathaniel: [roll1]

smuchmuch
2012-07-24, 05:53 PM
Same roll for Cullie act (knowlege (current events)) [roll0]
And by well informed: gather info roll (if it counts, take wichever seems more pertinent) [roll1])

edit: As was dicussed in thread, I'm totaly spending a hero point to power stunt 'conspiracy theorist' on that critical in knowlege (current event)

Raynn
2012-07-24, 06:19 PM
The Cullie Act:
Ava:
That was a thing on the news right?

Nathaniel:
The Cullie Act was brought in at Federal Level to regulate certain elements of society who only a decade or two ago would have have been considered the stuff of science fiction. Its legal implications include the following, though these are not all:

Making any inter-dimensional immigrant an illegal alien who must be immediately deported unless made a citizen of an Earth 8 nation recognised by the United Nations.
The act officially enumerated the use of certain abilities on human beings as a crime including but not limited too Reality Alteration, Mind Control, Possession, Unwanted Teleportation.
The Act gave the F.L.I. full legal jurisdiction within the United States of America beyond the remit afforded to them by the United Nations.

Shade:
The Cullie Act was brought in at Federal Level to regulate certain elements of society who only a decade or two ago would have have been considered the stuff of science fiction. Its legal implications include the following, though these are not all:

Making any inter-dimensional immigrant an illegal alien who must be immediately deported unless made a citizen of an Earth 8 nation recognised by the United Nations.
The act officially enumerated the use of certain abilities on human beings as a crime including but not limited too Reality Alteration, Mind Control, Possession, Unwanted Teleportation.
The Act gave the F.L.I. full legal jurisdiction within the United States of America beyond the remit afforded to them by the United Nations.
Institutes the death penalty in all states in the United States under the crime of willingly or unwillingly endangering the entire human race.
Affords all members of the F.L.I diplomatic immunity, so long as they retain their membership of the F.L.I.
Recognises the F.L.I. Lighthouse Satellite as a Sovereign state, as well as recognising certain other secret nations that are not named in the act due to national security.

Conspiracy Theorist:
MetaSoul is fully capable of escaping almost any villain on his own. Navi is unharmed and as a clone any other close friend would like be another hero, whose death or capture Shade would be made aware of. In that case Prometheus could have contained MetaSoul by threatening a love one. Therefore as the events were relayed to Shade they only could have occurred if he was depowered... but how? And if Prometheus is promoting anti powers sentiment isn't this new Mayor, Hermun Cullie, playing into his hands by more heavily regulating post-humans? And how did a Mayor, of the most financially powerful US city though he may be, push a bill through congress? What Senators brought up his bill? Why is it named after him? Does he have a brother who is in congress? Isn't that a little coincidental?

The problem with conspiracy theories is that they always bring up more questions than they answer. . .

KaganMonk
2012-07-24, 07:42 PM
Darkness won't bother Dare. Ultravision works in starlight, while Infrared works with body heat. Just for future reference.

Also, if it's necessary, you can consider my speech with a take 10 in Diplomacy for 31.

Raynn
2012-07-24, 08:06 PM
Both Ultravision and Infrared vision requires light. Only Dark Vision or equivalent work in areas with NO light, Ultravision and Infrared vision just use light outside the visible spectrum. Darkness control is not 'Only in regards visible light Darkness Control.' Therefore he can see in natural darkness, such as city streets with no lights or people in a forest at night, but not light created via the power Darkness Control.

KaganMonk
2012-07-24, 08:35 PM
Infravision (1 rank): You can see in the infrared portion of the
spectrum, allowing you to see heat patterns. Darkness does not
provide concealment for objects differing in temperature from their
surroundings. If you have the Track option, you can track warm creatures
by the faint heat trails they leave behind.

Probably be more accurate to call it heat vision. Gonna wait a bit to give anyone else a chance to talk.

Raynn
2012-07-25, 09:34 PM
Hero Point to Ava for Family complication.

Ridai
2012-07-26, 12:07 PM
Does Ava know anything about Vagrant (or the ex-Navigation Club members in general)? I'm not even sure if she had anything to do with them or until when the club existed. Ava has been at Claremont for the past five years.

Starsign
2012-07-26, 12:09 PM
Does Ava know anything about Vagrant (or the ex-Navigation Club members in general)? I'm not even sure if she had anything to do with them or until when the club existed. Ava has been at Claremont for the past five years.

Well IIRC Vagrant is, or rather was, a member of the FLI so I figure Ava might know him at least.

Actually, would Ashley know anything about Vagrant?

KaganMonk
2012-07-26, 12:35 PM
The existence of Navigation Club was school knowledge, but it's mission was secret. So knowing who was in it would be easy, but anything else would be at Athena's discretion.

And with the disappearance of Navi, it occurs to get all the info I might have gleaned about her in the past.
[roll0]

smuchmuch
2012-07-26, 01:10 PM
I personly assumed both would have become somewhat public knowlege (or at least leaked) after the whole skrull invasion.

Anyway shade might vaguely know some of it because she was in the Legacy soon after the fact and thanks to...more sudden than a rolling flashback, more wordy than an encyclopeadia, it's a monologue, it's a text caption, no it's Captain recap ! (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=8648094&postcount=1324).

Starsign
2012-07-26, 01:27 PM
Hey Kagan, I'm not sure if you know, but Nathaniel was actually a PC in the last Raynnverse game and he is an FLI member alongside Ava.

That game didn't last long sadly.

smuchmuch
2012-07-26, 06:46 PM
Kraag went east to Emerald city, heard he's making it big there

(Actualy, wasn't kraag along Sentient 6 part of the Black squad that appeared in Athena's office five years ago and then got horribly stomped by centuribots in vampturion dimension when everyone went to rescue Rycon ?
Flavor text at the time seemed to imply they all brutaly died.)

kpenguin
2012-07-26, 08:04 PM
I think Raynn said they were just unconscious and in bad condition. He may have said this on the IRC when I poked him about it last year. Athena, at least, survived the encounter. She showed up in The End's last chapter which takes place after the fight with Vampturion

Starsign
2012-07-26, 09:41 PM
Considering Event 84 wiped out pretty much every FC canon hero not Liberty Lady (who's death was temporary) and Daedalus I, (who is immortal and now retired) I don't think anyone would know who Horus the Avenger is (aside from the mythology itself, which isn't the same person) right?

...Well except possibly Remembrance, depends on if she was in FC during the 70s.

kpenguin
2012-07-26, 09:42 PM
Yeah, because people who lived 50 years ago are totally unknown to us. Especially high profile people. Man, JFK? Who was that guy?

Raynn
2012-07-26, 09:45 PM
Okay reasonable point on comparison but with large number of heroes, even high profile ones, over the years it's more like can you name every president and vice-president of the US, and recognise them on site.

Most likely Ava might guess the name but little knowledge otherwise. I'd assume a roll is needed to see whether anyone who sees him recognises him.

Ridai
2012-07-27, 06:00 AM
[roll0] random knowledge check to learn who Horus the Avenger is.

Raynn
2012-07-27, 01:27 PM
Ava does not recognise Horus the Avenger.

Ladorak
2012-07-27, 05:48 PM
Hey smush, we posted within 1 minute of each other. I don't know why this amuses me, or why I think it's worth mentioning, but it does and I do :smallsmile:

smuchmuch
2012-07-27, 05:54 PM
Is it amusing that it amused me that you were amused?

Where does it stop?!

@V I personaly work on the opposite asumption, of ghosts being undead and pretty much soul and mental constructs , so they don't show on life sense.

Ridai
2012-07-27, 06:34 PM
Do spirits show up on Ava's life sense? I assumed ghosts at least carry a faint trace of life in them, which is also why Ava can communicate with spirits as part of one of her alts. If that isn't the case, I need to make a small adjustment to one of her powers.

Raynn
2012-07-27, 08:21 PM
They do appear on her life sense.

smuchmuch
2012-07-28, 07:44 AM
Even with no con score and full for immunity ? (That's the same build I saw for every ghost (and undead in general) characters in the books so i that's what I went with)
It's the same thing construct have. Do they show on her life sense ? What about the rest of undead, vampires, zombie, lich and all that ? (might be of some importance if we're ever meeting Malador or Helen)

Out of curiosity and partly and wanting to be on the same page, may I ask for a definition on Raynnverse 'life' and 'life sense' here ? because I get the impression we're having pretty different meanings,

Da Beast
2012-07-28, 02:37 PM
I think Raynn said they were just unconscious and in bad condition. He may have said this on the IRC when I poked him about it last year. Athena, at least, survived the encounter. She showed up in The End's last chapter which takes place after the fight with Vampturion

Did the fight with Vampturion ever get resolved? Last I remember he was flying away across the city while we were still trying to figure out what to do with the Giant Rock coming to crush Freedom City.

Starsign
2012-07-28, 03:03 PM
Did the fight with Vampturion ever get resolved? Last I remember he was flying away across the city while we were still trying to figure out what to do with the Giant Rock coming to crush Freedom City.

Sadly no, though I'm pretty sure we did take care of him inbetween that game and this one.

EDIT: On another note, what took you so long to come here? :smalltongue:

Da Beast
2012-07-28, 07:23 PM
I don't know, guess I was a little bitter that all three of the characters that mine thematically overlapped with got into this game :smalltongue:. I've been following The Revolution but I'm not caught up on this one. First issue of The Revolution was pretty badass.

Edit: two of them are in this game, Peregrine is in the other. Whatever :smallredface:

SuperCracker
2012-07-28, 07:57 PM
First issue of The Revolution was pretty badass.

Why thank you.

*Takes a bow.*

Raynn
2012-07-29, 10:47 AM
As a rule of thumb something only appears on Ava's life sense if it has a soul. Therefore vampires and zombies don't show up, constructs don't either, but ghosts who ARE souls do, as do living beings. Meaning virtually all undead do not show up on life sense. This also means Helen would not and Malador's soul is in his phlactery I believe? His skull maybe? But only that would show up on life sense.

And yes I am aware that plants and animals should also show up on life sense though they couldn't really be considered to have souls but they have all the checked boxes for life that ghosts lack other than a soul so lets just say they're the other exception :smalltongue:

Yay, comic book logic!:smalltongue:

Ridai
2012-07-29, 11:14 AM
That... seems strange. Only intelligent, (formerly) living beings show up on the life sense?

So life and souls are different things, but my life sense is now a soul sense? Honestly, I'd rather be able to sense animals and plants to fit the concept, even though the benefit of that is pretty much zero. :smallconfused:

edit: I guess the question is: What does the Entity (who most likely created Ava) govern? Sheer life force? Souls? Both? Neither? Ava's powers will be related to that and I'm willing to retcon something if necessary, I just want some clarity in that regard.

smuchmuch
2012-07-29, 11:23 AM
I have to say it does seem a bit odd to me to.

I would think animals and plants do have souls (maybe simplerone, maybe different one but here nonetheless) and life.

From what we've seen from vampires so far, in the Raynnverse 'soul' just seems to be 'sense of good and evil and morality', since as far as I could tell they keep their inteligence, sentience and personality. (Which is honneslty what I personaly would associate to 'soul', in the theological sense of the term, the part of you that transcend the body and remains after life is over)

(Just so we're clear, as far as I'm concerned it's not a major issue or anything and it's nott hat that's going to make me stop enjoy the game; I'm just curious at how different such definition can be. :smalltongue:)

Starsign
2012-07-29, 11:32 AM
Y'know, I'm pretty sure there's a description of Ava's Life Sense in her sheet. Doesn't that help clear things up?

Raynn
2012-07-29, 11:36 AM
I misphrased things earlier, I intended to mean that even though plants and animals lack souls they DID show up on Ava's life sense, as well as any ensouled entity. Sorry for the confusion.

Does that clear anything up at least a little?

Ridai
2012-07-29, 11:43 AM
Does make a bit more sense, but I wonder what souls even, well, do if undead like Night can exist perfectly fine, with mind, emotions and whathaveyou intact. :smallconfused:

edit: Okay, so Starsign just told me Night does have a soul, so blah. What is lost if a soul goes poof?

smuchmuch
2012-07-29, 11:48 AM
(well night had a ring that allowed her to keep her soul if memory serves.
However same question for Helen and non ringed vampires. See my post above.)

In general I'd be curious if you could define what is 'soul' and 'life' as they stand in the game.

(It's not an issue or anything, I'm just curious.)

KaganMonk
2012-07-29, 09:07 PM
Could you remind me what Navigation Club got up to during the Wars? I know I read it somewhere, but it's spread over a few different threads, and I can't seem to find it. We traveled with Cael, helping to establish the anchors, right?

Can't jury rig a ritual to find them (spent my HP to listen in on Omega), but I will gladly Teamwork it.

Also, depending on the outcome of the impending trial, I'm starting to design my HQ. Thinking make it within a single room of the Lighthouse (so they can keep a close eye on us) and put it in a dimensional pocket. Call it the Guardians of Time Liason Office, or something. Fit in a library, workshop, living spaces maybe.

Raynn
2012-07-29, 10:04 PM
Ridai: It is assumed that in most cases if the soul goes poof the ability to discern right and wrong, or on occassions other elements of normal human emotions, are made impossible. Vampires are evil because all they have driving them are the dark magics that keep them going. While ensouled vampires may find it more difficult to resist dark urges because of this their souls still allow them to act morally.

smuchmuch: A soul is a part of an entity that essentially cannot die, hence it comes up on life sense, and is made of the same energy Ava wields, organic sentients that can pass on to an afterlife have one of these. It is essentially the supernatural component of a beings mind, being an impression of the creatures personality and memories allowing the being to exist after death in most cases, in one form or another. Life is what animates an organic being, sentient or otherwise. Plants and animals have this, machines being synthetic do not. The undead have magic in place of this energy. Though it is possible to magically create a being that runs on life and not magic, for example Vagrant. I realise the line is thin but it's best description I can do at 4 in the morning. :smalltongue: If it's still too vague I'll try again later. :smalltongue:

KaganMonk: The Navigation club travelled with Cael to establish the anchors after Navi was depowered by Tyrannus to prevent you all leading a mass exodus of the reality or finding a way to stop him. The team mostly travelled with Cael during the War with Tyrannus as Navi was depowered in the initial battle. During this period the group time travelled and took part in major events in history to cement the anchor points of Cael in the Time Line. These included the formation of the original Freedom League, Pompeii's destruction, World War II and American Civil War.

Starsign
2012-07-29, 10:06 PM
Raynn, why ARE you up at 4 in the morning? :smalleek:

smuchmuch
2012-07-30, 05:07 AM
A soul is a part of an entity that essentially cannot die
Okay that's a definition I agree with and pretty much the basic one as farasi know.

hence it comes up on life sense, and is made of the same energy Ava wields
... Okay I guess it does make sense even if I find a bit.. meh. (not sure why.)

So wait if Ava can actualy manipulate the very enrgy souls are made off wouldn't it means by that logic she could eventualy create or destroy one ? :smalleek: Forget Malador, I know who I'm scared off now. :smalltongue:

Okay curiosity mostly satisfied for now, thanks.

Ridai
2012-07-30, 11:50 AM
Instant power up? It seems like Ava is capable of more than I anticipated.

Green Bean
2012-07-30, 04:02 PM
So wait if Ava can actualy manipulate the very enrgy souls are made off wouldn't it means by that logic she could eventualy create or destroy one ? :smalleek: Forget Malador, I know who I'm scared off now. :smalltongue:

Pfft, creating souls is easy. All it takes is a man and a woman and nine months. They don't even need any special training most of the time.

Raynn
2012-07-30, 04:16 PM
smuchmuch: In the Raynnverse, even when magic is involved, the law of energy/mass conservation still exists so she couldn't destroy a soul. Though she could turn a soul into something else which is just as good as destroying in most cases I suppose. . . but she also has no idea how to practically do that. On the case of creating souls she has the problem that without it experiencing life before becoming a disembodied spirit it likely would not be the same as a ghost but something more primitive or possibly even catatonic.

Green Bean: That would be a much easier method of creating a soul than having Ava do it :smalltongue:

ripleycat
2012-07-30, 07:48 PM
Initiative for the rescue team's battle: [roll0]

smuchmuch
2012-07-30, 07:54 PM
Knowlege (occult)
[roll0]

Raynn
2012-07-30, 07:58 PM
Knowledge (Occult) Result:
While other ghosts do not inherently possess a similar life sense any sorcerer of Malador's power could find anyone, especially a large group of people, anywhere given the time he obviously has already had. The fact he hasn't found the refugees is actually quite perculiar if he has looked for them for even a few days.

smuchmuch
2012-07-30, 08:20 PM
Gather info for conspiracy therorist
[roll0]

I will concentrate on one aspect of the conspiracy theory for now: How metamorph could have los this powers.
msotly because it's something Shade could ahve learned years ago when she was still hanging with the Legacya nd recall now in light of new informations. Weither more modern stuff like the connection between senator Cullie and his brother or what does the freedom league gain ffrom this arangement or Prometheus and all are more recent things. She might be able to investigate later but can't right now (on acount of being in another dimension right now)

Raynn
2012-07-30, 09:18 PM
Conspiracy Theorist:
I assume you're referring to MetaSoul who was killed by Prometheus? Not MetaMorph who is still alive? Or are you referring to another time when MetaMorph was depowered?

smuchmuch
2012-07-30, 09:21 PM
She already know about Metamorph being depowered. I would like to know who much she would have learned about that first and then from that how much she scould hav learned that might be inrelation with metasoul depowerement.

So,far it might be wild guesses mostly, but I do intend to have a chat with Metamorph later anyway whenever/if the occasion comes.

Ladorak
2012-07-30, 09:41 PM
Init for battle:

Before I post; Raynn, is the little girl a little girl or a... monster thing? I'd like to know before I act.

Ladorak
2012-07-30, 09:42 PM
Aaaand forget to roll my init :smallredface: [roll0]

Raynn
2012-07-30, 09:48 PM
Ladorak: The little girl is a ghoulish thing.

Conspiracy Theorist:
MetaMorph was briefly depowered, seemingly either directly or indirectly, by Johnny Sorrow, who also possessed Pyrokinesis.

MetaSoul could be depowered by a technology similar to the Ultimate Nullifier or by a similarly cosmically empowered being such as Johnny Sorrow.

KaganMonk
2012-07-30, 11:41 PM
I keep getting into these combat situations unprepared! Buying Gadgets at the next available moment. In the meantime, knowledge is power, and I should squeeze as much as I can about the ghouls from my ridiculously high knowledge skills.

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

On a curious note, would I have been able to glean anything important from my various vision options? Will post in the morning regardless of anything else.

Raynn
2012-08-01, 07:29 PM
KaganMonk:
Doctor Dare is able to discern that the ghoulish things are in fact not undead but constructs forged of organic matter. Organics with basic intelligence but no souls. They are better than zombies for foot soldiers over the long term as they do not decay, but they are harder to produce on mass. They only follow basic orders and have a pack mentally so they must be controlled remotely to be effective or use tactics.

Ladorak
2012-08-02, 06:00 PM
It's time for

Ladorak's top 3 lines of the week

So last 'week' we did the first 4 pages of the Revolution. For those of you who missed out first episode here's a quick recap.

At three we have: The sandwich arrives after a while and Robert finds it savory. ~Raynn

This line doesn't seem like much taken out of context, and I'm not entirely sure why it amused me so much, but it's timing was perfect.

At two: "Perhaps whatever poor paunchy spur-galled malt-worm that had to mother you taught you differently, but its generally rude to handle a lady uninvited!" ~Penguin

In most other games this would have been an auto 1st place. But Raynnverse brings out the best in a lot of good writers, so 1st place went to...

Number 1: "HAVE AT THEE VILE THUNDER HARLOT!" ~Raynn

I'm sure I don't have to explain why this is number one ;)

So, the top three for this week will be from the first 4 pages of the Reign and they are:

At number three we have a rather long entry:

Zia cuts him off with a shout as a teen is want to do
"NO WAY! Even Abby and Athey get to go to Claremont and they're like ten! I mean Mom can come back from the dead anyway, doesn't that mean I can! I have friends there! I HAVE A BOYFRIEND THERE!"
At that last comment Nathaniel seems to half choke on what he's drinking before shouting wide eyed
"YOUR THREE YEARS OLD!"
At that Zia seems even more infuriated
"I'M A TEENAGER!" ~Raynn

Because frankly if you don't feel sorry for Nathaniel here there's something wrong with you. I love those self aware look at the genre things. Things that highlight the... stranger bits of being a post human and this is a good one. This almost lost out to 'Dire demands your order' ~Raynn and 'while it may seem like a cheap door prize to you, I can present identification as a Guardian of Time.' ~Kaganmonk

Number 2: Still... He considered the possibilities. A Dire Burger. Pain Ribs. A Metamorph Surprise. ~Me

Because I think it's funny and I don't care if you do :p

And at number 1 we have: Still... He considered the possibilities. A Dire Burger. Pain Ribs. A Metamorph Surprise. ~Me

Because it's that damn funny :p

Only kidding ;)

Oh, here's another one... Beacon Fries.

At 2 we (Really) have: "8:23:44, 8:23:45, aaaannnnd, 8:23:46!" A rather singed arm reaches out of the smoking wreckage and offers a handshake to the man in the mask. "You must be Doctor Dare!"

Emily stands up, grimacing in pain and clutching her side. "Oh! Oh, yeah, that... that's broken. Hoo boy. Anyway, it's a pleasure to meet you, sir! Name's Air Ace, my companion and I are here to speak to you about a matter of great importance. But first, could you and your friends here help us trash the Shredder-knockoff on the roof who summoned this thing before the adrenaline wears off and I fall over?" ~Ripleycat

Funny, well written and (I think) a rather excellent introduction given circumstance. Would have had top spot but I'm bias

Number 1: He remembered Riley's night terrors, he remembered her whispering in his ear that Jake scared her, he remembers the trail of her breath from his ear to his lips That was the first day I kissed her he recalls sadly That was the first time I kissed anyone. We were lost and frightened, emotionally damaged, we had no one but each other. Not so much a doomed romance, more a stunted one. He is unaware of the way he wraps his arms around himself, hugging tight. Others see it and mistake it for mourning, no one says anything. Superheroes are inherently and notoriously clique creatures. They gather into their own groups to give comfort where it is needed and receive it in return. Roland sits alone, his eyes distant, his expression troubled.

Hope you'll forgive me giving the number 1 spot to me, but I was really happy with my opening post, particularly the beginning of it. This really set the tone for what followed.

So that's it, please tune in next time when I'll be catching up with what's being going on in the Revolution since episode 1. Until then, stay safe. Excelsior!

Raynn
2012-08-02, 06:29 PM
Just a post to let you all know there is now a Raynnverse Core OoC Thread!:smallbiggrin: (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=251530)

Also great post ladorak! :smallbiggrin:

KaganMonk
2012-08-04, 02:32 PM
And as the knowledge/skill monkey, I'll go ahead and check out Horus.

[roll0]

Raynn
2012-08-05, 04:18 PM
Kagan Monk
When his uncle Set the Destroyer possessed a hapless mortal conjurer and threatened to spread darkness across the human world, Horus, the Avenger of His Father, petitioned great Ra to go to the mortal realm and do battle with Set. In accordance with the Pact, Ra would only grant his permission if Horus found a mortal willing to host his divine essence. Otherwise, the gods of Heliopolis would not interfere.

So it was that archaeologist Henry Farrow discovered a hidden chamber in the Valley of Kings, untouched by human hands for millennia. Within, he found the mighty Ankh of the Avenger and the incantation: “Horus, Avenger, Lord of Light / Grant me now your godly might / Let we two do what is right / Banish evil into the night!” With those words, meek Henry Farrow was transformed ... into the avatar of the Avenger! The newly reborn Horus initially suffered some memory loss due to a curse laid by Set as a trap for any of his fellow gods who might try and stop him. In spite of this handicap, Horus overcame various foes, regained his true identity, and stopped Set from plunging the world into eternal darkness.

When Henry Farrow returned to Freedom City, Horus went with him, and the immortal Avenger remained an active hero in the city for some years. Although he worked with the Freedom League on occasion, Horus preferred to operate alone, and turned down offers of League membership.

Green Bean
2012-08-05, 06:37 PM
Well, since we're in for it now, might as well dig into the magic hat labelled 'In Character Knowledge'. Making a Knowledge: Tactics roll to come up with a plan. Remembrance is prioritizing, in descending order:

1. Preserve the refugee camp.
2. The scouts live.
3. We heroes live.
4. Take out Malador.

[roll0]

Raynn
2012-08-05, 06:43 PM
They still act as if apathetic or oblivious to the camp so as long as you don't retreat to it it should be safe.
The scouts could escape through the sewer system.
If the heroes use the sewer system to escape they will likely be followed, as they seem to be what the legion is interested in, but while the creatures would flood the sewers they would lose some benefit of their flight and numbers due to the cramped nature of the tunnels.
Divide and conquer. If Malador is as powerful here, or more so, as he is on Earth 8 he will need to be seperated from his army for you all to have a chance of taking him down.

KaganMonk
2012-08-05, 10:31 PM
Now I'm trying to figure out who is who in your analogy.

Durkon -> Horus (or Ava)
Vaarsuvius -> Vagrant
Roy -> Remembrance
Haley -> ?
Elan -> x (though you haven't hear Dare babble on yet, and I may manage to get a master plan in someday. At least +2 to Attack and skills for 3 rounds.)
Belkar -> x

Maybe Horus is Miko.
Air Ace?
Doctor Dare?
Thanatos?
Navi?
Zia?

And what do you do with a Crit on a diplomacy roll?:smallbiggrin:
I think I'm out to prove that Knowledge and Social skills are just as dangerous as weapons.

Edit: I really hope I'm not derailing you any. I'm perfectly willing to accept any and every "that's not possible to know/do" that you throw at me.

smuchmuch
2012-08-06, 07:09 AM
We were discussing of the OOts analogy on the chat last night, Remembrance is Roy, Air ace is Haley and dr Dare feels like Varsasius (sure he lack the blsty bit but th does have the highly intlegigent, kind of pompous personality). .. and then the analogy complelty fall apart because it wasn't such a good one in the first place.

Edit: I really hope I'm not derailing you any. I'm perfectly willing to accept any and every "that's not possible to know/do" that you throw at me.

Well it's just possible the hammer won't find you 'worthy'. (we don't really know what it's looking in a champion so...)
Now i'm wondering if someone on the team is indeed found worthy, I wonder what excuse we'll have to come up to get rid off it by the end of the encounter or if t is going to end up in a bag, as a solution of last ressort for the team ala Dr Fate helmet in Young justice ?

I think I'm out to prove that Knowledge and Social skills are just as dangerous as weapons.

To be fair you have frankly outrageously ridiculously high ranks in them. They should really cap max score in skill to PL

(Besides the fact that social skills can be very powerfull superpower in M&M is not new. And bluff witgh a coupld of feats is pretty much it's own superpower.)

KaganMonk
2012-08-06, 07:27 AM
I figure that even if we end up being able to use Horus's powers, he belongs to this universe and we'll just give it back to Henry at the end.

Even if skill ranks were capped to power level, my diplomacy would be one less. It's my abilities that enhance how ridiculous my skills are. And like I said, I figure that even if you want to reward players for how they spent their points, there's simply a point where you can't talk somebody into doing something, or there's knowledge that you just couldn't have come across, no matter how much research you do.

Yeah, I can daze someone for one round with bluff. Might do it this battle, too.

Raynn
2012-08-06, 08:25 AM
I think with the Oots comment we're reading too much into an off hand comment thought up on the fly. :smalltongue:

In fact it did not find him worthy.

While Doctor Dare does have outrageously high skill modifiers when you take into account his ability bonuses, I think canonically the only person smarter crunch-wise is Isiah Washington. He hasn't yet used them for anything major beyond knowledge checks on different things. Honestly in M&M, like in comics, there will usually be a distinct power difference between some characters and while I like to think we've avoided a Hawkeye-Hulk dynamic in this case one half of the team does seem a tad more powerful than the other. In M&M it's up to the GM to minimize the importance of any power difference and ensure everyone gets the chance to shine without making either party feel the less for it. The GM should know what players can handle a character more powerful than another and what players will try to dominate the game on power alone.

Think about it like this, if games are less fun because of the power difference keep in mind Jake has a whole country at his disposal and has been only good for his game, being a great anchor for the story and still allowing others to shine. In the case of a character who's more powerful due to high skill bonuses they're one of the easiest powerful builds to make and for the GM to rein in mid-game. I can say that from an off the cuff knowledge check that a PC might not know anything that helps them, or give them two paragraphs that are in truth just useless, also in my games at least all inventions and rituals need prior GM approval and will be turned down if they're bad for the game or could become an un-fun repeatable win button.

Powerful characters are both a flaw and a necessity of the system, yes it would suck if every battle ended like the Battle of Claremont, or if one character makes all others redundant, but they're more often flaws in how a player plays a powerful character not the build itself. As of yet Doctor Dare hasn't done anything to indicate Kagan Monk isn't able to play a powerful character in a way that doesn't impedes the group, and neither have Ladorak & Ridai. In fact the only opportunity so far to even make an invention he left up to Ladorak with the locator ritual if I remember rightly, only helping, as it was more thematically appropriate for Ladorak to act.

Of course Powerful characters are different to Over Powered Characters who cannot be played in a fair way. The variation here would be someone who can justify APing nearly anything off a high point array, while already having a lot of APs, and someone who has an Autofire 3 Aura at PL and Absorption. Only two builds popped up during recruitment in my opinion that were Over Powered not Powerful and both were denied entrance into the game. That's the GM's job, to remove those factors from the game that make it less fun for other players.

And sorry about the rant. . . I have no idea why I just did that . . . I guess I wanted to rant about powerful characters at the moment . . . :smalltongue: Sorry :smalltongue:

Ridai
2012-08-06, 10:46 AM
Huh.

Ava is considered a powerful character.

*looks at post for a while, then exits stage left*

Raynn
2012-08-06, 10:53 AM
My point included that not all powerful characters have to be the highest damage dealers, often utility and durability are just as powerful, and in that respect as a focused healer who can AP a lot of things she's powerful, not over powered obviously, just powerful. :smalltongue:

KaganMonk
2012-08-06, 11:25 AM
I actually find your rant reassuring. I've always known you keep a tight rein on powers just from observation, but hearing you say that you won't let me do just whatever due to my skills is reassuring and lets me run rampant with my imagination without worrying about breaking the game.

Raynn
2012-08-06, 07:05 PM
Good to hear it didn't worry anyone :smalltongue: I like how Ridai responded to Ava being a powerful character as if he didn't believe it and then Ava immediately made everyone around herself nearly invincible. :smalltongue:

Starsign
2012-08-06, 07:09 PM
Good to hear it didn't worry anyone :smalltongue: I like how Ridai responded to Ava being a powerful character as if he didn't believe it and then Ava immediately made everyone around herself nearly invincible. :smalltongue:

Considering what they are up against, I think the heroes can use every advantage they can get short of a MetaSoul-scale damage power :smalltongue:

Raynn
2012-08-06, 07:23 PM
Oh I agree. Powerful not Over Powered was my point, and it was totally justified given what has just hit the fan. :smalltongue:

Ridai
2012-08-07, 12:00 AM

Well, what can I say? You allowed it. :smalltongue:

But I expect it to only really work against minions and rare villains. Real threats are probably higher PL or happen to have the Penetrating extra.

Raynn
2012-08-07, 07:23 PM
I'm sorry but my IRL group ran long and I didn't get the chance to post in the IC thread today. I'll post in the morning or as soon as I can. Again sorry for the inconvenience. :smallfrown:

KaganMonk
2012-08-07, 09:15 PM
Alright, time to use what's worked well in the past. Go go knowledge Malador! Though I expect it will only give me what I'd get in my home universe, not this one.

[roll0] +15 if it comes under Arcane Lore.

Sorely tempted to go invisible and follow Shade. Just seems wrong to run out on the fight, though.

smuchmuch
2012-08-08, 07:32 AM
Honnestly I really have no idea if there'll vbe anything remotly interesting or usefull in Malador tower, so you're probaly were you are the most needed. (though i wouldn't mind having dare along, malador tower is probaly going to be warded like hell). Likely the fight is probably the place to be but just in the off chance...

Also the I'm assuming zombies are likely to have mind immunity hence why Shade is likely not to be very usefull, if that's the case it's likely dare invisibility woudn't work against them too.

KaganMonk
2012-08-08, 11:24 AM
I'll stick around until it's clear that I'm out of tricks. I figure that if I can get Malador to lag a turn or two behind his zombies, I'll have done a decent job. And all just by yelling at him incessantly to distract him. And if it works on the zombies, so much the better. The invisibility would have likely worked on the ghouls, since they have a rudimentary intelligence, but these, who knows.

KaganMonk
2012-08-08, 03:25 PM
And I prepared for combat without...

[roll0]

Raynn
2012-08-08, 04:46 PM
Arcane Lore on Malador:
Malador was born millennia ago in the ancient civilization of Atlantis. He became a promising student, and later, an accomplished master, of the mystic arts. He earned the mantle of Master Mage, but he also became the first to betray his oath and his duty to humanity. Malador bargained with unspeakable evil beings from other dimensions, bound in eternal slumber in realms beyond the ken of mankind. He sought power and knowledge above all else, and he would have gladly surrendered the whole world to his dark patrons. The sorcerers of Atlantis united against Malador and were able to overcome him. They stripped him of his power and bound him in a tomb for all time. Malador cursed all of Atlantis with his final breath, and it was not long thereafter that the island civilization sank in a terrible cataclysm.

Archeologists uncovered Malador’s tomb in the 1930s and unwittingly awakened the ancient mage. One of them, Adrian Eldrich, became invested with the power of an Atlantean sorcerer and became Malador’s arch foe in the modern era until Adrian Eldrich's death during Event 84. Malador has clashed with Eldrich and various other heroes a number of times over the years. All the while, the ancient sorcerer seeks to recover the power he has lost and to reclaim the mantle of Master Mage, to reshape the universe in his image and rule over a new netherworld as its Dark Lord.

KaganMonk
2012-08-08, 05:35 PM
Toughness bonuses don't stack, right? So we'll just be using Ava's +12?

smuchmuch
2012-08-08, 06:00 PM
Occult roll (Of liches in and philacteries.) [roll0]

(.. I've got to get that conspiracy theorist feat. I have too.
Then i'll probably start rolling only one on my knowlege rolls.

In the meantime, speding a hero point for it. once again.)

KaganMonk
2012-08-08, 06:23 PM
How many hero points do you have? I thought we only started with one.

smuchmuch
2012-08-08, 06:29 PM
I got one here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=13594928&postcount=26) which I spended for the first conpsiracy theorist feat stunting .
I am now spending the free one we get for the chapter for that one.
And I have three left because Shade has three ranks in luck.

Raynn
2012-08-08, 06:56 PM
KaganMonk: Character start with 1 per issue, but you can buy Luck to increase your starting Hero Points per session. This is what Smuchmuch has done to increase his starting Hero Point total.

Also yes, you are using Ava's +12 which replaces but does not stack with your normal toughness if it is lower.

smuchmuch:
The phlactery contains a portion of the creature's, in this case Malador's, soul. It allows him to reconstitute himself spiritually after he has been destroyed but this requires a vessel. In some tales the phlactery can recreate the body for the stored soul but that is an element believed by most to be false as most scholars believe the phlactery's of Lich's typically require a new host body to reconstitute the sorcerer and it must be a body with enough magical atonement to contain the energy of the sorcerer's spirit.

What will you make the second check in regards? The conspiracy theorist check?

ripleycat
2012-08-08, 07:01 PM
Toughness: [roll0]

Green Bean
2012-08-09, 12:11 AM
Toughness: [roll0]

Green Bean
2012-08-09, 12:14 AM
I don't want to be Staggered/Disabled the first round of a fight. Hero Point for the reroll: [roll0]

Ridai
2012-08-09, 12:15 AM
Oh boy, that force field sure did much good.

[roll0]

Ridai
2012-08-09, 12:17 AM
There's my luck again. Hero point:

[roll0]

edit: Since the die result is 8, that gets raised to 18, for a total result of 30.

KaganMonk
2012-08-09, 08:44 AM
Think tough thoughts...

[roll0]

Ridai
2012-08-09, 03:43 PM
I guess it's time to start blasting the army with a power stunt. Gotta see what the results of everyone's toughness checks are first, though.

KaganMonk
2012-08-09, 07:32 PM
Well I'm stunned. Not even sure I can talk in that condition.

Raynn
2012-08-10, 03:43 PM
Yes you got talk while stunned and the forcefield reduced thousands of PL 5 attacks that could auto kill you too a single passable save per person so a pretty decent use of your efforts :smalltongue:

Ladorak
2012-08-11, 08:47 AM
Toughness: [roll0] Edit: Forgot Ava's boost. That pushes me up to bruised :smallsmile:

I'm having some major comp problems atm, so my access is going to be pretty patchy until I get it sorted. I apologies for slowing the game down, hopefully it won't be for long...

KaganMonk
2012-08-11, 04:42 PM
I've lost track of when I actually go. I'm stunned until the zombie's turn, but they're stunned until Air Ace's turn. So just let me know when it's my turn, assuming Vagrant doesn't just clean up entirely. And is the damage lethal or non?

Raynn
2012-08-11, 08:35 PM
You get to act before the zombies go again, order is not currently essential.

The others get to act twice.

smuchmuch
2012-08-11, 10:20 PM
He gives a swift nod of thanks to Remembrance, then turns to run after Shade

(I just want to remind that while Shade does use her illusion power to appear and talk a lot for a ghost, she is still by default compleltly invisible or untangible for anyone not having some kind of magic supersense, so for anyone else there's not particular reason to know she went to Malador tower or even she's particulary missing.
And in this particular situation she did make sure to move through the cover of the ground first so Malador knock off wouldn't see her move away.

Also you may want to ask one of the teamate who can fly to carry you around to the tower, It'll be probaly a lot easier and quicker than walking there.
if sahde could get there quickly with all out movemennt fly 2, Air ace or Vagrant hyped on god power could probaly get you there then and move back to the cleaning up if they feel like it in no time)

KaganMonk
2012-08-12, 06:59 AM
You know, I might actually go back to the camp. We've got Navi and Zia there. Give me some time to edit my post.

Amelia Wyatt
2012-08-13, 05:51 PM
Hey! This is Raynn's girlfriend. He wanted me to pass on this message to you all because he has no way of doing so himself.

His computer has stopped working entirely. He is bringing it in to get it fixed tomorrow, but he will have no internet access for the next few days.
In his words "Have no fear, the game is not stopping, it's just being put on hold for a few days."

If you urgently need to pass on any messages to him in the meantime, you can do so through me!
Thanks! :smallsmile:

SuperCracker
2012-08-13, 06:25 PM
Now I run this game too!

Malador was never trying to kill you. He and his ghosts just wanted the biggest group hug ever. Seriously, you didn't see the Guinness Book of World Records people out there?

They wanted a hug. You blew them up.

FOR SHAME

Ridai
2012-08-14, 01:38 AM
I guess Vagrant and Air Ace are beyond the 120 ft. of Ava's force field now? Guess I'll just... go wherever then.

KaganMonk
2012-08-14, 12:10 PM
You've still got Remembrance by you.

Edit:
So I've been thinking of a potential base, possibly a standard Guardian base for every dimension. The idea is a base in as small a space as we need. Then establish a dimensional pocket so you can enable everyone to work and/or live comfortably in even a small office of the Freedom League.

Dimensional Pocket (Bigger on the inside, enough weight tolerance to easily contain up to 10 normal people)
5 ranks, Portal (2500 pounds)
Power Source (Self-contained even when cut off from the outside world)
Security System (Not everyone can activate the portal)
Communications (Monitor and facilitate)
Computer (Always nice)
Library (keep up with history and changes)
Workshop (for the varied specialties Guardians have)
Infirmary (optional, but good for quarantine as well)

In addition, due to our circumstances, I thought I'd add a couple of extra items depending on our eventual circumstances.

Living Spaces (If we have to agree to house arrest or something)
Hanger (If we need to park Air Ace's machine)

Raynn
2012-08-18, 07:31 PM
<- Raynn Artificial Game Mastering Intelligence Re-initializing ->
<- Raynn found: /c:/desktop/past_the_bolted_door/Unimatrix_0/Raynnverse/Raynn 9000 ->
//Searching for interesting introductions . . . //

KaganMonk: Looking good KM. :smallsmile:

Da Beast
2012-08-19, 01:29 AM
Of course Powerful characters are different to Over Powered Characters who cannot be played in a fair way. The variation here would be someone who can justify APing nearly anything off a high point array, while already having a lot of APs, and someone who has an Autofire 3 Aura at PL and Absorption. Only two builds popped up during recruitment in my opinion that were Over Powered not Powerful and both were denied entrance into the game. That's the GM's job, to remove those factors from the game that make it less fun for other players.

Just out of curiosity, was my build one of the ones that looked too powerful? I'd intended to limit her power by only using APs with certain thematic focus and only summoning the Dragon in really bad situations or when Sarah was otherwise useless but I never really explained that and in retrospect a mage character who can teleport, snipe from a distance, and summon a big 150 pt heroic minion with all his points in combat abilities is a bit scary.

KaganMonk
2012-08-19, 08:35 AM
Anybody have any comments on the HQ?

Also, just so I've ID'd every super we've met (given their possible reactions), did we see Bolt yet since returning? If so [roll0]

Raynn
2012-08-19, 04:12 PM
KaganMonk:
Bolt is a speedster who died on Earth 8 during Event 84 roughly ten years ago. He is the son of the now also deceased Freedom Leaguer Captain Thunder and was a member of Next Gen before its original dissolution.

Aside from looking good? Well it will definitely come in handy that's for sure. I don't have anything of more use to say on the subject at the moment.

Da Beast: Your build was definitely powerful but it wasn't overpowered. :smallsmile:

Ridai
2012-08-19, 04:51 PM
Ava didn't even channel life energy into Zia yet! xD

People's assumptions, man. :smalltongue:

Raynn
2012-08-19, 05:48 PM
My apologies :smalltongue: Well she'd be jumping now even without that. :smalltongue:

Ridai
2012-08-20, 02:16 AM
Does Ava sense nothing at all that might be different with Zia or Navi? I think it was mentioned that a part of Navi grew back when Ava channelled life energy into her (which was the first instance where that happened without me actually saying she'd do that :smallwink:)

Second of all, the catch is that Zia isn't connected to all of life yet. That's why she is draining anything she touches if she isn't careful, to "fill her up" enough to actually form that connection. I'll assume that what Zia has right now is still so much that the engine can't handle it.

KaganMonk
2012-08-20, 10:41 AM
Nah, you weren't even around when the Navimatrix grew back in Navi. You didn't channel energy until she was already on the ground for a bit.

I'm going to wait until I see what Darth Raynn says. Though you may have taken away our early ride home.:smallbiggrin:

Speaking of ride home, how long until our rendezvous with Isiah?

smuchmuch
2012-08-20, 11:48 AM
Second of all, the catch is that Zia isn't connected to all of life yet. That's why she is draining anything she touches if she isn't careful, to "fill her up" enough to actually form that connection. I'll assume that what Zia has right now is still so much that the engine can't handle it.

(On the other hand the Navimatrix information did just change her to suit it's need, so it's possible she's actualy connected now.)

Raynn
2012-08-21, 04:15 PM
Ridai: Correct, her "battery" is too much for the Navimatrix to handle.

KaganMonk: Isiah will arrive in 00:01:23:03

smuchmuch: It is possible this will occur, in which case Zia might start doing a lot worse than jumping alone. Jumping one planet Earth into another might go badly.

Just going to wait on Ridai's reply to post :smallsmile:

Ladorak
2012-08-21, 06:07 PM
Arcane knowledge to ID the symbol: [roll0]

Raynn
2012-08-21, 06:55 PM
Vagrant:
It is the Arcane and universal symbol for Life Energy and the theoretical first Entity from which all other life forms spring.

KaganMonk
2012-08-21, 08:11 PM
Well, since you asked, [roll0]. And if I get at least as much as Vagrant, I'll confirm it.

As for directing an active Navimatrix, I guess we'll just have to wait until Navi lights up next.

Edit: Hmmm... I'm going to guess that's enough?

Raynn
2012-08-21, 08:34 PM
Kaganmonk: It is indeed enough.:smallsmile:

Raynn
2012-08-27, 04:31 PM
Bolt's Re-rolled Opposed Grapple Check: [roll0] becomes a 26 due to it being a re-roll.

The ruins of Claremont Academy, where Vagrant and Bolt are, is approximately two kilometer from near the center of the city where the others are.

Raynn
2012-08-27, 06:29 PM
Doctor Dare:
http://i48.tinypic.com/2607diq.png

Here's Doctor Dare, probably an alternate costume, as he's heavily Doctor Dire inspired in this one, his coat isn't exactly a trench coat and I couldn't tell if the mask was meant to cover the top or bottom of his face for sure from his description.

Hope you don't hate it Kaganmonk :smallredface:

If it's only a few changes you'd like I'll alter this one to fit your preferences :smalltongue:

KaganMonk
2012-08-27, 07:34 PM
Actually, that's great. I would have gotten rid of the red and made the hair spikey, but I'm certainly not going to nitpick and excellent representation. And thinking about it, that's probably better than I could ever hope for within the confines of stick figure art. The mask covers well, as I figure that the part protecting the eyes is a clear HUD.

I'll be editing my post here shortly, as I was a bit rushed and thought of all sorts of body language and description I could add.

I'd like to revise Dare's setup slightly, should I post that here or message you? It's no big secret, just trying to give him a little more flexibility in battle. Not necessarily any actual combat abilities, just a little more than shouting at the enemies.

Raynn
2012-08-27, 07:46 PM
I'll see what I can do about those modifications. :smallsmile:

PM me about the sheet changes :smallsmile:

Here to add to Doctor Dare:

Remembrance:
http://i46.tinypic.com/k3pzch.png

What do you guys think? :smallsmile:

smuchmuch
2012-08-27, 09:58 PM
We must sound kind off silly (and counter productive), being three trying to reason a the same time wiht the same guy. :p
Want me to edit my post out ? (since it's likely the most akward and superfluous of the three)

Anyway, Raynn said in chat diplomacy roll were needed so diplomacy (aiding roll to Remembrance) 1d20+4

KaganMonk
2012-08-27, 10:11 PM
Whee for Diplomacy! [roll0] If my approach is more of an Intimidate, feel free to +4.:smallsmile:

KaganMonk
2012-08-29, 09:26 AM
I finally caught up with The Revolution. We have a meeting with the King when we get back. Thank you Diego for distracting everyone until our issue ends.

Oh, and despite being a ragtag group of (future) exiles, we may be one of the most united and powerful groups on Earth. One of the most powerful mages, one of the smartest technicians, an embodiment of Life, and a few people with whom the incarnations of the universe have regular conversations.

You know, I'm left wondering about the titles. Whose Reign are we dealing with?

SuperCracker
2012-08-29, 11:49 AM
There's no "we" in that meeting! =P

Mr. Magic (new code name) is the man I'm looking for.

Starsign
2012-08-29, 11:54 AM
There's no "we" in that meeting! =P

Mr. Magic (new code name) is the man I'm looking for.

Oh come on, who says the entire group can't come over for a visit? :smalltongue:

KaganMonk
2012-08-29, 02:01 PM
Then again, I'm not sure letting the Navimatrix anywhere near Omega is a good idea, and I'm not sure who Roland will be willing to let take care of Navi in his absence, so I may need to stay at the base.

Does anyone know who the Magus Supreme is at the moment?

Starsign
2012-08-29, 02:04 PM
Then again, I'm not sure letting the Navimatrix anywhere near Omega is a good idea, and I'm not sure who Roland will be willing to let take care of Navi in his absence, so I may need to stay at the base.

Does anyone know who the Magus Supreme is at the moment?

Well who says you guys will know Omega is there until you arrive? :smalltongue:

As for the Magnus Supreme, uh... I'm not sure. I think it's still Ellen. Not that she's doing a good job of course. :smallannoyed:

smuchmuch
2012-08-29, 02:07 PM
It's still Ellen.
It's a job for life and unlife, being a ruthless blood sucking undead vampire is not ground for firing as long as you make a token effort to protect your home dimension from evil mystic forced and all...
She's not very good at it since she's a bit too busy trying to storm the gate of hell to get her soul and her lover's soul back (I think at this point it has been prooved that undead sorcerers and love juust dodn't mix well) so heroes like Vagrant pick up the slack.

Starsign
2012-08-29, 02:09 PM
It's still Ellen.
It's a job for life and unlife, being a ruthless blood sucking souless undead vampire is not ground for firing.
She's not very good at it since she's a bit too busy trying to storm the gate of hell to get her soul and her lover's soul back (I think at this point it has been prooved that undead sorcerers and love juust dodn't mix well) so heroes like Vagrant pick up the slack.

Uh, Smuch are you sure you want to mention that when Green Bean is already running a game with an undead sorcerer as a PC? :smalleek:

SuperCracker
2012-08-29, 04:06 PM
Who says I'm gonna let people know about Omega at all? =P

Edit: Either way, we'll burn that bridge when we get to it.

KaganMonk
2012-08-29, 04:19 PM
Well, considering Dare called Omega being back first, and we have one of his prized possessions, Isiah might very well tell us. But as you said, redesign those bridges when we come to them.

We certainly don't know yet, since we're still a day and a half in the past compared to the Revolution.

Raynn
2012-08-29, 04:32 PM
Ellen is the Sorceress Magnus still.

Only Isiah and Jake know for sure that's Hope is Omega, though others know she's somehow connected or related to Omega.

What prized possession do you have of Omega's?

Isiah is most definitely smart enough to know that letting anyone know about Omega may well lead to open war so he's unlikely to bring it up, more likely than Jake too though.:smalltongue:

KaganMonk
2012-08-29, 04:35 PM
Wasn't the Navimatrix (the device inside/a part of Navi) a tool of Omega in order to gather energy or something?

And you're right. What vastly powerful immortal wants to tell a young buck something that is going to make him say "I told you so!"

Raynn
2012-08-29, 04:49 PM
Navimatrix weren't created by Omega, they are counterparts to the Time Keepers of which Doctor Dare is a member.

As the Lord of Time is the companion to the Lord of Space the Time Keepers are the equals of the Navimatrixes.

Their Origin would be unknown to Doctor Dare.

SuperCracker
2012-08-29, 06:28 PM
Derp. Wrong board,

KaganMonk
2012-08-29, 07:19 PM
Huh. I must have misread something. I got confused by her early references to emotional tethers.

Ridai
2012-08-30, 01:17 PM
Is... is that Dire speech genetic? Does Dare need a speech therapist or someone to rewrite his DNA?

Raynn
2012-08-30, 01:22 PM
Who says it's a bad thing? :smallwink:

KaganMonk
2012-08-30, 01:22 PM
No, but I figured the third person bit could be a possible genetic disorder. Or even just picked up from his grandmother long ago and conquered since then. A therapist is to help him get back on track again. The Dire speech was just him getting angry and reverting to old habits. Back in The Lost(?) he still had grey speech. Since then, he's been trying to become his own person, with his own legacy. But sometimes, you just go with what works.

smuchmuch
2012-08-30, 01:29 PM
It should be noted that Dire did talk normaly in the first person in the Fall even after she stopped taking her medication when she was being Dr dire full time, so the 3rd person speech is not so much a disorder of a symptom of the rampant megalomania (who was however a mental disorder since Daedalus made her pills to keep it in check (it was right in her backstorry) but was also tied to her genius.)

Weither or not it may be genticaly transmited, or the genius and the megalomania are tied together, or if there are some genetic predispositions who need a trigger to kick off (how most mental disorders works in real life. except it's alot more complicated f'course)
If that's any reference, her daughter (from another dimension admitedly) Athena does have the genius but only does the third pêrson thing by choice to intimidate people nor does she seems particulary inclined to conquer the world from what we've seen of her.

So... who knows.
Besides the Raynnverse like it's comic book tropes and comic book genetics and psychology are about the same level if not worst then comic book physics.
So I'd say just go with whatever you think makes for a better character storry.

Raynn
2012-08-30, 02:30 PM
For your viewing:

Vagrant:

http://i47.tinypic.com/1g0f1z.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/14w7hvm.png

Doctor Dare V.2:

http://i47.tinypic.com/2qmgh6u.png

http://i50.tinypic.com/66kbvn.png

Edit:
Vagrant V.2:

http://i47.tinypic.com/ogmhl0.png

KaganMonk
2012-08-30, 02:55 PM
It's so beautiful! And it has the soon to be new staff, too! Thank you so much!

Raynn
2012-08-30, 02:58 PM
Happy to hear you like it. :smallbiggrin:

KaganMonk
2012-08-30, 09:32 PM
First question: Adrian Eldritch made it to "our" earth or the one the refugees went to?

And now to this issue, just to check, since I need to sort this out in my head for Dare's unusual background. All of this without necessarily bringing into question his Eidetic Memory (which has ever only provided hints at best). Who does he currently recognize as his family, since his genetic grandfather is chasing his genetic grandmother? And his father might actually exist? And do we have Rycon on loan at the moment?

Starsign
2012-08-30, 10:35 PM
First question: Adrian Eldritch made it to "our" earth or the one the refugees went to?

And now to this issue, just to check, since I need to sort this out in my head for Dare's unusual background. All of this without necessarily bringing into question his Eidetic Memory (which has ever only provided hints at best). Who does he currently recognize as his family, since his genetic grandfather is chasing his genetic grandmother? And his father might actually exist? And do we have Rycon on loan at the moment?

Yep, Ashley is cameoing in this issue on Raynn's idea. With Vagrant going to be appearing for Revolution, guess this is where we begin the crossovers :smallbiggrin:

KaganMonk
2012-08-30, 11:08 PM
Well then, welcome to the... Frontliners. 'Cause, you know, you've always been there.

Ridai
2012-08-31, 12:58 AM
...Seriously, this alternate reality stuff is rubbing me the wrong way. Same with what happened in the old game (what little I've seen of that). :smalleek:

Can someone tell me who Simon Cromwell is supposed to be? If you're altering Ava's character, please at least tell me what I need to know. Derp

Also, Ava wouldn't stay someone's girlfriend for four years. Her wish to have a family is strong (partially due to her nature, partially because she has been an adult for 29 years already), being with someone for four years without having children would be like torture at that point.

Starsign
2012-08-31, 07:32 AM
...Seriously, this alternate reality stuff is rubbing me the wrong way. Same with what happened in the old game (what little I've seen of that). :smalleek:

Can someone tell me who Simon Cromwell is supposed to be? If you're altering Ava's character, please at least tell me what I need to know.

Also, Ava wouldn't stay someone's girlfriend for four years. Her wish to have a family is strong (partially due to her nature, partially because she has been an adult for 29 years already), being with someone for four years without having children would be like torture at that point.

Simon is actually Id, Realms' character from last game (I actually forgot his name for awhile too :smallredface:)

Ridai
2012-08-31, 07:35 AM
Simon is actually Id, Realms' character from last game (I actually forgot his name for awhile too :smallredface:)

Herpaderp on my part. I just dunno why so many Raynnverse things refuse to stick in my mind for long.

edit: ...Actually, does Id even walk? I remember him mostly floating all the time, with his atrophied muscles and all that. Is he actually healed this time around or was he never "damaged" like that in the past in that timeline? And if Ava met Id, why did she never meet Nathaniel? Origin was pretty much Ava's first team.

smuchmuch
2012-08-31, 08:24 AM
Event 84 never happened means the last 12 years have been likely very different, (at least for anyone involved with the fli at the very least, and likely in general.), from here there are so many possibilities...

Is he actually healed this time around or was he never "damaged" like that in the past in that timeline? And if Ava met Id, why did she never meet Nathaniel? Origin was pretty much Ava's first team.

According to his backstorry or so, Id accident happened about 2 years before the Origin time so way in the changed .Likely he was never abducted, experimented on and thus never became Id but stayed 'The thinker' (You'll notice he's only been refered as 'Simon Cromwell', not Id.)
From here there's so many way they could have met and hitched up...
(If raynn does have something in mind, I assume some slight exposition will be rpovided as the arc goes on)

------------------------
I'll post a temporay build of still breathing Shade.
I'd like Apologies to Gb if there's some overlap between character in this arc, seeing as Shade in her living and breathing form is basicaly going to be an average (slightly weaker) costume crimefighter build with a few power added in.

Raynn
2012-08-31, 09:02 AM
KaganMonk: Adrian Eldritch latched onto a refugee until he got to the portal, then latched onto Vagrant so he is on "your" Earth, Earth 8.

In this timeline Doctor Dire has been on and off her medication as well as the on off again femme fatale girlfriend of Daedalus, catwoman to batman. Due to the lack of Daedalus' apparent death she never became a hero and the pair never became a long term item. Therefore they have no children, and were never married. Doctor Dare is likely close with Daedalus but not Doctor Dire.

Ridai: Well reducing that time-frame would be a simple edit, should I reduce it to two years or one?

Simon Cromwell is still 'The Thinker', so he walks, because of this they only met when they both became teachers at Claremont, though Simon is only part time. This means Ava never met Nathaniel, and met Simon much later in life.

If there's anything else I can do to make the temporary change to the status quo more palatable just say so. :smallsmile:

Ridai
2012-08-31, 01:00 PM
Ridai: Well reducing that time-frame would be a simple edit, should I reduce it to two years or one?

Simon Cromwell is still 'The Thinker', so he walks, because of this they only met when they both became teachers at Claremont, though Simon is only part time. This means Ava never met Nathaniel, and met Simon much later in life.

If there's anything else I can do to make the temporary change to the status quo more palatable just say so. :smallsmile:
Two years is probably still alright. Ava would be "pushing the issue" quite a bit at that point, but they'd still have a healthy relationship, I think. Two and a half decades on some of the world's most brutal battlefields left a craving for a more stable life.

Alt reality (as well as time travelling) is still weird and unsettling to me, especially with my character not realizing they are in a different time line (well, which makes sense). I guess, in my mind, alternate reality and time travelling feels sort of the same as my character getting brainwashed or mindraped (to use a D&D example).

I'll try to come up with something.

SuperCracker
2012-08-31, 01:38 PM
Alt reality (as well as time travelling) is still weird and unsettling to me, especially with my character not realizing they are in a different time line (well, which makes sense). I guess, in my mind, alternate reality and time travelling feels sort of the same as my character getting brainwashed or mindraped (to use a D&D example).
mething.

That's pretty much what is happening. Someone re-wrote your entire history, violated your lifetime. It's part of the story in that way.

Ridai
2012-08-31, 01:47 PM
That's pretty much what is happening. Someone re-wrote your entire history, violated your lifetime. It's part of the story in that way.

Yeah, and it feels awful, in an unfun way. Character identity is a pretty big deal to me (yes, I know, it's the story, it's temporary, I shouldn't moan about it).

If this is really someone (temporarily) rewriting Ava's history and she finds out, she will want whoever did it dead. Life drained until he or she is eradicated completely. And no nice "revenge isn't the solution" speech is gonna stop her.

Starsign
2012-08-31, 01:50 PM
Yeah, and it feels awful, in an unfun way. Character identity is a pretty big deal to me (yes, I know, it's the story, it's temporary, I shouldn't moan about it).

If this is really someone (temporarily) rewriting Ava's history and she finds out, she will want whoever did it dead. Life drained until he or she is eradicated completely. And no nice "revenge isn't the solution" speech is gonna stop her.

I don't blame you Ridai. Character identity is very important to me as well. I'm hoping at the least this will give us the chance for Ashley and Ava to chat with each other once we get out of this alternate timeline.

SuperCracker
2012-08-31, 01:52 PM
You hit the nail on the head. It's a short part of the story. Give it time, at least more than one post in.

smuchmuch
2012-08-31, 02:09 PM
First I want to point out, this only twelve years, not her entire life or personality that has been rewritten. I can still understand why you'd feel taht way but i'd like to point it's not indentity death here.

I personaly do enjoy this kind of arc as I feel they allow to devellop the character by putting into situations/show aspect of the character you wouldn't be able to show in the regular timeline/continuity, etc.

(Also the whole premice of this game iis kinda the fact that we're a team who is supposed to specialize in repairing time and reality alteration, i mean we've got two time/dimension traveller and one character whose main sthtick is that hse isn't affected by those thing.
So yeah it's kind of normal that kind of plot should pop up at some point.)

KaganMonk
2012-08-31, 04:26 PM
Am I still a Guardian of Time? Part of his ability to be one is the hints from his memory, but part of his edge and skepticism came from being in close contact with Dire, the reformed villain. Either way, if Eidetic Memory (from altered events?) will help remember the altered timeline, here's a roll [roll0] +whichever ability governs such memory. I'll carry on regardless, though.

Oh, and did we still have Navigation Club, Skrulls, and Tyrannus?

Raynn
2012-08-31, 04:58 PM
KaganMonk: He is still a Keeper of Time. Those things still happened, and I typically wouldn't allow Eidetic Memory to work that way. As that sounds more like a feature than photographic memory.

Let's assume for the moment he only has his new memories. :smallredface:

KaganMonk
2012-08-31, 05:08 PM
Sounds good. I was wondering how far that stretched.

smuchmuch
2012-08-31, 05:40 PM
Didn't, the skrulls exist in the first palce because of somethign Dire did as a hero (to send the golden lord wahtisname in an aternate dimension when playing hero) and Navi appearing in earth 8 had something to do with Jhonny rocket runnign between dimensiona nd not ebing able to stop I remember (obviosuly did'nt happen here or he wouldn't be in Liberty park right now)) ?
Or did parallel but similar enough version of all those events took place ?

(not important, just wondering)

Raynn
2012-08-31, 05:49 PM
Since the Raynnverse has time travel mechanics inspired by modern Doctor Who, some points are fixed points in time, and unless utterly impossible these points will occur anyway. For example, the navimatrix still landed in Claremont but never took human form so none of Vagrant, Doctor Dare or Metasoul ever formed a relationship with it.

Also the points at which Cael intervened all became fixed points, so since he killed the Skrull God-Daedalus than the skrulls had to invade, though the events that led to that are likely different.

So yes, parallel but similar events. :smallsmile:

SuperCracker
2012-08-31, 06:25 PM
Pop culture: [roll0]

Edit: You know... I'll eventually stop clicking your OOC on accident.

KaganMonk
2012-08-31, 08:05 PM
Oh boy, a fixed point has been rewritten.

Even in other time travel literature, the flow of time is sometimes seen to follow a set path. You have to work at it a bit to divert it entirely. Otherwise, you're just changing the path a little bit, while the rest continues on its merry way.

And SC, you know you like us better:smallbiggrin:

kpenguin
2012-09-01, 02:25 PM
SC you damn traitor :smallbiggrin:

KaganMonk
2012-09-02, 12:41 AM
[roll0]

It was late and I forgot to close my roll tags. Going to sleep now.

Raynn
2012-09-02, 02:19 PM
Of course SuperCracker is a traitor, he's planning to betray you all at the least opportune moment, he told me himself.

Also he married into evil and is claiming rulership of a sovereign nation within U.S. Borders.

Also pretty sure he's evil.

Ladorak
2012-09-02, 03:08 PM
For your viewing:

Vagrant:

http://i47.tinypic.com/1g0f1z.png

http://i47.tinypic.com/14w7hvm.png

Holy crap! That's beautiful. Thanks Raynn :smallsmile:

Raynn
2012-09-02, 03:14 PM
Happy that you liked it. :smallbiggrin:

smuchmuch
2012-09-02, 06:37 PM
Well informed roll [roll0]
(I assume Shade hasn't met her personaly in this timeline. So seeing how many she would have heard about Remembrance)

(For that matter, how aboutf the other Reign members ? Wich one she may have met (Ava and Ashley and Vagrant perhaps) and wich one she may have heard about))

KaganMonk
2012-09-02, 07:11 PM
By the way, I now have my base up and running with Communications and Computer. So all Frontliners are expected to have access to the base, and in the future, all members of the Reign, whatever we call ourselves. (And a Hanger for the Time Machine, Library, Workshop, and Infirmary)

Raynn
2012-09-02, 08:26 PM
Shade will have met Ava, Vagrant & Ashley but not Doctor Dare, Remembrance or Air Ace.

She would know of the Frontliners but not the specifics of their line up.

Ridai
2012-09-03, 07:45 AM
Does Ava feel a living Doctor Dire anywhere nearby (or some other living being that tries to hide)?

Raynn
2012-09-03, 04:54 PM
Ava does not detect a living Dire among the Dire bots the team is fighting but she does detect Dire moving away from the scene, possibly towards a hide out.

Starsign
2012-09-03, 05:25 PM
...Oh boy this is not good :smalleek: [roll0]

Raynn
2012-09-03, 05:28 PM
Dire Bot Toughness Save from Daedalus: [roll0] vs. DC 25.

KaganMonk
2012-09-04, 05:07 PM
Preemptive knowledge roll on Doctor Tomorrow. [roll0] +4 if it's all from memory, I guess.

Raynn
2012-09-04, 09:55 PM
Doctor Dare:
He is a fellow Time-Keeper, the resident one of Earth 8.

He is from a world where the Nazis won world war II. He was brought up as the perfect nazi but joined the resistance.

When he attempted to time travel into the past he instead ended up in an alternate reality and helped win World War II there. This was Earth 8.

He has been an on, off again hero and time traveler ever since.

He has no super powers but he does have some super tech similar to Air Ace's.

Green Bean
2012-09-05, 12:38 AM
Sneaking after our mysterious guardian angel.

Stealth Check [roll0]

smuchmuch
2012-09-05, 12:52 AM
.. that is one monstruous hide check, i ddon't hink there's anyway I can beat that. So not going to bother with notice.

Well Shade doesn't know she's being tailed. Still she'd probaly try to find a good hiding spot ont eh roof, but likey more to hide from people that could see her from the street than anyone who would be behind her

Stealth [roll0] (Just realised 14 is acrobatics)

KaganMonk
2012-09-05, 10:26 AM
Yippee for being 0 for 2 in attack situations. At least I didn't roll a 1. Such is the way for non-com characters.

Edit: And now I've got to ask if I know who the Lord Lady of Time currently is. The "Sword" as it were.

Raynn
2012-09-05, 02:33 PM
KaganMonk: You do not know who the current lord/lady of Time is but you do know that a lord of time, perhaps the first, founded the Time Keepers to assist him.

smuchmuch
2012-09-05, 05:49 PM
Er. Are people on the roof in hearing range of what is said in the street below ?
edit: okay checked with raynn, they can.

Raynn
2012-09-05, 07:16 PM
Indeed they can. :smallsmile:

Raynn
2012-09-05, 09:33 PM
A little something for your viewing pleasure:

Shade:
http://i50.tinypic.com/iqg02x.png

Shade (Avatar Sized):
http://i49.tinypic.com/205z40z.png

So here is Shade to add to Remembrance, Vagrant & Doctor Dare. What do you think?:smallsmile:

Ridai
2012-09-06, 12:40 AM
Now that I've got my out of character moment out of the system, I'm adding another thing to the list of stuff I should never write about again, since I'm terrible at it. :smalltongue:

KaganMonk
2012-09-06, 11:03 PM
I suppose a check to actually know what I'm talking about with Dire-locks is in order, and if he had to use one to alter the timeline.
[roll0]

So is everyone just trying to figure out what to do, or not able to respond at the moment?

Raynn
2012-09-07, 08:18 AM
Doctor Dare:
You are aware that what Doctor Tomorrow stated about Dire Locks are indeed true and one will be required to repair the timeline.

You also know Dire-Locks are named for their most well known user Empress Dire, the multi-versal dominion ruling temporal tyrant. A alternate variant of your Grandmother.

smuchmuch
2012-09-08, 07:38 PM
So since Shade asked Remebrance (ia ssume the reason she did'nt answer is because Gb deosn't know, if you could edit something about it in your answer, please ?), does Air ace keep her timeship in the Fronliners' base (if they have one in this timeline) or in a hideout of hers ?
(Your decision Ripley)

ripleycat
2012-09-08, 07:41 PM
She hasn't been here long enough to have a hideout of her own. I suppose the Frontliners base (if such a place exists) is as good a place as any for it to be in this timeline.

KaganMonk
2012-09-08, 07:57 PM
DC 20 Disable Device. If you have tools, you'll need the electronic set. No defense system. It's not isolated or hidden, so it's just a matter of knowing where the Frontliners' base is. Say, a simple office in an office complex. The hanger (and everything else) is in the pocket dimension, with access outside the building, assuming it can fly.

Raynn
2012-09-09, 07:21 AM
What the Monk said :smalltongue:

Starsign
2012-09-09, 09:46 AM
Computers check at Raynn's behest: [roll0]

Uh... I'm gonna HP that

Starsign
2012-09-09, 09:48 AM
And now for a reroll cause I completely botched my Computers check: [roll0]

Ridai
2012-09-09, 10:05 AM
HP to reroll attack roll: [roll0]

Raynn
2012-09-09, 10:37 AM
Fortitude Save DC 21: [roll0]
Computers Check: [roll1]

Starsign
2012-09-09, 11:04 AM
Oh shoot, what have I done? :smalleek:

ROLLS EVERYWHERE!

Toughness saves: [roll0] [roll1] [roll2] [roll3] [roll4] [roll5] [roll6] [roll7] [roll8] [roll9] [roll10] [roll11] [roll12] [roll13] [roll14] [roll15] [roll16] [roll17] [roll18] [roll19]

Not one of Ashley's brighter ideas clearly.

KaganMonk
2012-09-09, 11:04 AM
All impossible toughness saves.
[roll0] vs. 39
[roll1] vs. 37
[roll2] vs. 41
[roll3] vs. 41
[roll4] vs. 43
Just guessing he'll be unconscious.

Nah, this one wasn't you. Ava knocked her out. Now going after a Pokemon with a Digivice...

Raynn
2012-09-09, 11:15 AM
Just to be clear Starsign you only needed to roll max 5 saves because they were 5 groups of combined attacks.

Also don't forget everyone gets a hero point for the setback of several hundred Dire Bots blasting you to bits and for being knocked out, so 2 Hero Points actually rather than 1. Assuming you're all knocked out of course :smallredface::smalleek:

Ridai
2012-09-09, 11:15 AM
Can we skip the useless saves?

Ridai
2012-09-09, 11:18 AM
Ah, whatever.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Knocked out. On the first roll.

Raynn
2012-09-09, 12:03 PM
Some players expressed an annoyance at rolling the saves at all so no longer roll them. My apologies.

smuchmuch
2012-09-09, 03:09 PM
Diplomacy [roll0]

Raynn
2012-09-10, 07:52 PM
KaganMonk:

Please describe the interior of your base in the IC thread for Smuchmuch.

Ladorak
2012-09-11, 03:29 PM
Hey guys. Sorry I've been absent. Speaking candidly these last couple weeks have been no fun for me. Too depressed to indulge in 4-colour escapism is pretty depressed, no?

Anyway... I'll be making a proper return to the game in the next couple of days. Time to drag myself out of my rut

kpenguin
2012-09-11, 05:32 PM
Hey Lad. When you're up for it, you should peek over at The Revolution. There's a surprise for you.

Raynn
2012-09-12, 01:48 PM
It's totally okay Ladorak, start posting again when you can :smallsmile: we all understand :smallsmile:

Starsign
2012-09-12, 08:38 PM
Agreed, hope you feel better in time Ladorak :smallsmile:

KaganMonk
2012-09-12, 10:17 PM
Get better buddy! Won't be the same without you.

I was going to get approval for an invention, but my computer isn't currently recognizing my USB ports. While I'm at it, though, [roll0] on Sylvia, preemptive like.

Edit: Alright, I want to try to make Dire-Tech devouring nanites. Corrosion, with the Selective and Subtle Feats, Area Extra (Cloud). I think I'll only have time to go 3 ranks, so 14pts (and still won't be ready when they hit, maybe only 2 ranks).

Ridai
2012-09-12, 11:49 PM
Does Ava sense Dire?

ripleycat
2012-09-13, 12:30 PM
Feel better, Lad. Take all the time you need. :smallsmile:

I'd like to have Air Ace assist Dr. Dare with his inventing, if possible.

Craft (Electronic): [roll0]

...Or not. :smalltongue: You're on your own, Dr. D!

Starsign
2012-09-13, 12:37 PM
Well those two aren't the only electrical savvy characters here. Ashley will assist Dare as well. :smallbiggrin:

Craft (electronic): [roll0]

EDIT: What did Dare roll again for a result? I can't seem to find it.

smuchmuch
2012-09-13, 01:26 PM
he didn't rolled as far as I can tell, I think he's taking ten.

Also, just as a matter of detail, matter devouring nanites ain't Dire tech, it's Foundry.
Also they do seems like something you really wouldn't be able to whip up on the spot no matter how good you are. At least not without some kind of powers or specialised equipement allowing you to maipulate matter the atomic scale. Wouldn't some kind of Emp thingy make more sense ? I mean particulary in near a nuclear power plant and all.

edit: @V oh okay that make sense.

On a perfectly unrelalted matter, get better Ladorak

KaganMonk
2012-09-13, 01:49 PM
I figured more of having them on him and programming them on the fly. The idea is that he has all sorts of odds and ends in his pockets to fiddle with. Kinda like a technological version of John Taylor from the Nightside. And Dare is no longer limited to Dire-tech. I didn't roll yet because I wanted to get approval first.

And EMP did come to mind but even if he is going to change history he doesn't want to shut down power to FC. That's a last resort.

Starsign
2012-09-13, 02:20 PM
I figured more of having them on him and programming them on the fly. The idea is that he has all sorts of odds and ends in his pockets to fiddle with. Kinda like a technological version of John Taylor from the Nightside. And Dare is no longer limited to Dire-tech. I didn't roll yet because I wanted to get approval first.

And EMP did come to mind but even if he is going to change history he doesn't want to shut down power to FC. That's a last resort.

Actually I think our last resort would be Ashley power stunting Absorption and snatching all the electricity from the city. It'd be a nice contrast to Revolution where she charged part of the city with her electricity while it was all down. :smallbiggrin:

Raynn
2012-09-13, 04:48 PM
Okay I'll okay that invention on the assumption he's reprogramming inert nanites he already has on him. :smallsmile:

smuchmuch
2012-09-15, 04:32 PM
Stealth [roll0].
(that said if vagrant arives in the middle of Shade babbling or setting an ambush, I think it's fair if he'd spot her anyway.
edit: ... or with that roll, she could be playing a one man babnd orchestra and she's still be teh ninja.)

Oh yeah BTW, going to roll Notice myself, just in case [roll1]

KaganMonk
2012-09-15, 05:39 PM
Sure she couldn't have told them how untrustworthy Dare was while she was breaking and entering and vandalizing? :smallbiggrin:

Starsign
2012-09-15, 06:15 PM
Initiative: [roll0]

smuchmuch
2012-09-15, 06:36 PM
Hey, breaking and entering is totaly normal behavior for costumed heroes, like using pretendely non lethal methods that recklessly put people in danger and generaly being jerks. Else batman would have been thrown of the JLA decades ago. :smalltongue:

(TBH, I didn't knew Shade could contact FLI members individualy till recently, though it was a single frequency for the whole league until raynn told me otherwise.)

Ladorak
2012-09-15, 06:40 PM
Notice: [roll0] Can I choose to autofail this? I think it makes more sense storywise?

smuchmuch
2012-09-15, 07:03 PM
(Don't think you can win it anyway here, Vagrant has +11 notice, Shade +16 stealth and I rolled critical.)

Inteligence roll [roll0]

ripleycat
2012-09-15, 07:05 PM
Int roll: [roll0]

Ridai
2012-09-15, 07:07 PM
This just in: Air Ace remembers everything perfectly. Times infinity.

Da Beast
2012-09-16, 02:02 AM
Picking magenta for Decibelle's speech but I'll change it if huge blocks of magenta text are too annoying to look at. Fun fact, on the rare occasion where I get synesthesia female voices appear in pinks and yellows while male voices are more purple and brown. Most sounds are only one color and I have no idea why voices appear in two distinct colors.

KaganMonk
2012-09-16, 03:10 PM
I'm prepared to teleport, but I want to give Shade a chance. Don't quite know what she'd do, but I hate to suddenly teleport without someone who wanted to come.

Ridai
2012-09-16, 03:38 PM
Someone might want to somehow contact Ava. She's currently running into the building without any kind of communication device, so she has no idea what's going on.

smuchmuch
2012-09-16, 03:49 PM
@Kaganmonk,: dodn't worry about sahde if she want to comme, she'll find a way. speaking off:

Attack roll to grab Vagrant arm as she's teleporting away and hitch a ride on the magic telporter express.
(like teleporting an unwilling target along with you with telport except in reverse, checked with Raynn, I can atempt it.)
[roll0]

Starsign
2012-09-19, 04:22 PM
I'll make a Notice check too since I forgot beforehand: [roll0]

Raynn
2012-09-20, 04:03 PM
Da Beast: Decibelle is looking fine, and I'll add her in when this issue ends. :smallsmile:

Ridai
2012-09-21, 02:55 AM
Just wanted to say that I'm still here, but I don't really know how to contribute much of anything right now.

Raynn
2012-09-22, 04:58 PM
It's okay. :smallsmile: We all know you're still here, don't worry :smallsmile: