PDA

View Full Version : Transmution specced?

umbergod
2012-07-16, 01:59 AM
What are some good spells for each level I should focus on taking if making a Transmutation specialized wizard.

JustPlayItLoud
2012-07-16, 02:40 AM
Just try to get them all in your spellbook. Transmutation is the school for utility spells. If any problem you have can wait a day, transmutation can give you the answer tomorrow.

Enlarge Person (and Mass), Rope Trick, all the 2nd level buff spells, Blink, Fly, Slow, Passwall, Transmute Mud/Rock, Overland Flight, Polymorph, Baleful Polymorph, the list goes on. Those are just some of my overall favorite spells of any school, and I don't think any of those are above 5th level. Regardless of specialization, transmutation is the one school I never ever even consider banning.

Tvtyrant
2012-07-16, 02:46 AM
What type of Transmutation? Do you want to be a group buffer, a transforming melee beast, a utility transmuter?

Umbranar
2012-07-16, 02:58 AM
This is a great guide to transmutation spells:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19870586/CantripNs_Guide_to_Transmutation_Spells:_Gods_Gift s

ahenobarbi
2012-07-16, 03:45 AM
If any problem you have can wait a day, transmutation can give you the answer tomorrow.

Or in 15 minutes if you care to prepare some open slots for utility spells.

Umbranar
2012-07-16, 04:40 AM
Or within a full round if you go the Mage of the Arcane Order Route.

umbergod
2012-07-16, 11:30 AM
What type of Transmutation? Do you want to be a group buffer, a transforming melee beast, a utility transmuter?

I was thinking of a mix between a melee/damage dealer, and utility. I plan on going into both Alchemist Savant and Master Alchemist PrCs (DM already allowed them and made the increased potions per day additive, so at 20th level I could brew 6 potions per day as long as the total is equal to or under 1k gold

ahenobarbi
2012-07-16, 03:18 PM
Grab Polymorph spell and some Mage of the Arcane Order PrC levels (for utility). Deal damane by [self]buffing, handle utiliy with MotAO?