PDA

View Full Version : A Kingdom Divided - Avatar D20 RPG (IC)

Comissar
2012-07-16, 05:59 AM
A new day dawns over the city of Ba Sing Se, the great wall casting a shadow over much of the outer ring. The morning light reveals a great gathering of people, the likes of which have not been seen for some time. Earth Kingdom banners fly over existing barracks, large numbers of earthbenders preparing for their morning exercises in various courtyards. Nearby, red Pavillion tents of varying size are flying the colours of the Fire Nation. A little further afield stand smaller, hide tents hung with various furs. The Hunters and Warriors of the Water Tribes mill around outside them. And, to complete the spectacle, several of the enigmatic Air Nomads can be seen wandering amongst the various peoples, called to Ba Sing Se by the Avatar's request for aid.

Though Chin the Great was slain by Kyoshi, the threat of his armies still lingers. These forces have gathered to help quell the fires of civil war, before they consume the world.

The Avatar's representatives, a newly formed organisation intended to maintain peace, are hand picking warriors and benders from all four nations to attend a special meeting in the inner circle of Ba Sing Se. Speculation is rife as to what Kyoshi wishes these chosen few to do. Some believe they are being chosen to join the peace keeping force, others that they are being sent out of the city to act as scouts. Darker rumours even suggest that Kyoshi is weeding out traitors and spies within the ranks of the allied forces. All you know is that you have received a letter inviting you to the inner circle, requesting your presence there by mid-day today.

Morbis Meh
2012-07-19, 05:21 PM
Today was truly blessed: the sun was shinning, birdfrogs chirping, children laughing and Takeshi had a hangover. True he should have known not to get into a drinking contest with an earthbender, luckily he didn't bet any money on it... Light ripped through his tent flap and assaulted his fragile eyes and wreaking havoc with his developing headache. Blurry eyed and cotton mouthed he focuses on the cause of his most recent troubles and quickly realizes it is his staff sergeant who is most likely hunting him down for shirking his morning duties. Scrambling madly out of bed he falls onto the floor heavily, landing on his back. Panicking he quickly stands and salutes his superior in a less than perfect fashion. The awkward silence between the two men was nerve racking and it took several moments for Takeshi to realise the Sergeant was staring down toward his legs. Takeshi quickly looked down in and gaped in horror My PANTS! Where did they go?! Who would do such a thing, wait who drew on my legs? Barbara, huh? Was that the cute bar wench or the hideous dancer? Oh crap, the Sergeant is still looking at me!.

Swallowing his fear Takeshi open his mouth and croaked "Good morning sir, I thought today was part of my leave? Is there something I can help you with?" at this point he was sweating bullets but all that his superior did was shake his head, hand over a letter and told him to get some pants from the quartermaster. Confused Takeshi broke the seal on the letter and skimmed over it quickly. He was to appear before the Avatar at midday today Wait what time is it again? he poked his head out of his tent and looked up to the sky. The sun was almost at its apex and here he was standing almost naked like a fool. Almost shrieking with terror Takeshi stormed out from his tent and randomly grabbed a pair of pants hanging on a clothes line. Not wasting anytime putting on his stolen pair of pants, because you know that would have made sense, he attempted to run/ jump into the pants causing him to almost fly head first into the ground. It was very fortunate that a vendor was just in the right spot so Takeshi could know him and his cart of cabbages over and regain his balance. With his pants successfully on, backwards, and the vendor screaming about his cabbages Takeshi sprinted full out towards the palace.

After the mile long dash, evasive dodging, tea stealing, cute girl flirting and father evading, Takeshi somehow made it to the front gates. Panting and looking like a drowned hog monkey, he approached the guardsmen with his invitation clutched in his hand while wrapping his other arm around one of the guards "Whooo, that was wild, so could you let me through here? I have a date with the Avatar, cuz I am a pretty big deal if I do say so myself!"