PDA

View Full Version : [PF] Economy

The Boz
2012-07-16, 08:48 PM
Can someone please help me? I'm trying to find sources for various issues of economy.
Stuff like average wealth of settlements, costs of farms, estates, buildings and castles, maintenance for cities, taxation, and the like. How expensive would it be for a character to fund the creation of a 100ft tall mage tower, for example? And how long would that take? At what point would a PC become able to outright buy an entire town of 1000 people? What's the average value of the large merchant ship haul? How much would an infantry regiment cost to train and equip, and how much to field per day? How much do commoners earn per day/year? How much would they have saved up? Is 500 000 people a good eye-ball number for the average kingdom? At what level does a PC become richer than the king of said kingdom?

That_guy_there
2012-07-16, 10:08 PM
IMO, The Stronghold Builder's Guid by WotC is 3.0 but still a decent way to eyeball these kind of things. more or less...

Bhaakon
2012-07-16, 10:38 PM
There are some bits and scraps here and there, and the Kingmaker AP has some rule for building cities and such (though I'm not sure how compatible they are with the core game), but I don't think there's anything as in-depth as what you're looking for.

The Boz
2012-07-17, 05:04 AM
I think a friend has Kingmaker, and I'll try to get my hands on that 3.0 source. Thanks for the help, guys.

Keneth
2012-07-17, 05:19 AM
1) Working economy.
2) D&D et al.

Pick one. :smallbiggrin:

You can model city stats from existing stat blocks in Pathfinder (or D&D). For more consistency, however, you should probably take a look at actual historical records. That should give you a better feel for what the demographics were like, how much things should cost, and how long it takes to build castles and towers.