PDA

View Full Version : Wailing Death OOC

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-16, 08:55 PM
Made an OOC thread so we can stop cluttering the main thread with posts with questions etc. Post all questions here.

Inventories of shop keepers:
Gilnian City Shop Keepers

1 in 4 chance of not having an item that you want. May increase odds of not having or having depending on the item.

NOTES
I will be using the AC on your character sheets. If it is not up to date that sucks :smalltongue: (Note temporary buffs do not need to be included and if I forget about them I will retcon that hit).
If you don't post your saves/init within 1 day of me asking me for them I will roll them for you. Once again using your saves/init on your character sheet.

Threads:
1: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=225274&page=1
2: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=14636376#post14636376

Current Characters/Past Characters:
Alive: TPK

Deaths:
Final Death of Erados: Slain by Enel in Mendalin's Mansion
Ryenos: Slain by Sonia in Sonia's Crypt for a delicious drink
Shard: Slain by Sonia in the Beggar's Nest Crypt after refusing to give up
Tyreal: Slain by Assorted Undead in the Beggar's Nest Crypt due to uncooperative recall stone.
Shard: Slain by Vengual outside the Bloodseed Tavern due to a uncooperative sword
Tyreal: Mutual death with Vengual outside the Bloodseed Tavern, it was a good day to die.
Final Death of Uxivid: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=350122: Slain by Yuologth Summoned by Shard by heart attack.
Ryenos: Slain by Yugoloth summoned by shard for lowering his guard
Final Death of Shard: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=351757: Slain by clone on plane of mirrors for refusing to pay Ackbar
Final Death of Nike: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=432160: Slain by Chrona in the battle for the prison
Ryenos: Slain by Gnoll Druid due to underestimating damage spells.
Final Death of Tyreal: Unfortunately being surrounded by and subsequently beaten to death by zombie Angels. Highly ironic. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=420128
Death of Grazzan: Took unknown drugs from a stranger
Final Death of Bartok: Sacrificed himself to undo his own mistakes http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=508492
Final Death of Ryenos: Failed the save against petrification by one http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=352536
Final Death of Angel: Wasn't scary enough when he needed it http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=503721
Final Death of Grazzan: Also failed the save against petrification by one http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=559443
Final Death of Grim: Petrified by a Drakestone Golem after being deemed a threat. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=589459
Final Death of Del: Wasn't a good enough diviner to predict a TPK. http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=592452
Casuality List:

Leon: Soul Bound and trapped in the abyss due to Shard summoning a yugoloth
Linu: Fell against criminals
Armstrong: Fell in the battle for the prison
Shard's Clone: Slain by Kyngos during the battle for the prison
Alex: Leader of the Hemlites stationed at the prison. Killed by Mello
Paul: One of the Hemlites stationed at the prison. Killed by Chrona's scream
Steven:One of the Hemlites stationed at the prison. Killed by Mello. All
Fenthick: Hanged and had his soul destroyed.
Lord Nasher + All of Neverwinter Save Vengual: Killed when Sonia's horde broke out of Neverwinter.

World Map: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1gRjZR3RBhnUnE9evfuQHzasvrSa1B4XQLzUBDNunjMk/edit
Item and XP record: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AvpEh6_i4IgCdGtDVzlRcUlLY1dTUEpIOHZBUHB2e EE#gid=0

Road_Runner
2012-07-16, 10:02 PM
Hey so can I use the rules from that tier three monk class where you can buy gauntlets or fist wrapping as magic weapons? Because amulet of might fists takes a throat slot and costs 24k for +2 to unarmed strikes, and scales up to 150k for +5...

EDIT: Also added xp to gdoc record

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-17, 02:11 AM
Hey so can I use the rules from that tier three monk class where you can buy gauntlets or fist wrapping as magic weapons? Because amulet of might fists takes a throat slot and costs 24k for +2 to unarmed strikes, and scales up to 150k for +5...

EDIT: Also added xp to gdoc record

Definitely yes. I don't feel the need to auto kill you with a shadow. (Yes I realize you could still kill it but the ability to not hurt incorporeal creatures is stupid)

Demidos
2012-07-17, 12:05 PM
Hmph. "Obviously had internet" my foot. I have sporadic internet >.> That was the one time i had infinite internet, so thats why i went on FB. Let me explain it. I have 800 mb worth of internet this month, and 500 next month. That means, FB and giantitp are off limits (too photo intensive/non-critical site), only gmail. When I go to other people's houses, i can mooch their internet (like now,) in which case i can check more sites. For the next say, 4 days (after tomorrow), i should have real internet though. Can Shard have his prc challenge now though? I think we're probably resting the night anyway. :smalltongue: Can I assume we can go shopping too, and get an item list too?

/rant

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-17, 04:43 PM
Hmph. "Obviously had internet" my foot. I have sporadic internet >.> That was the one time i had infinite internet, so thats why i went on FB. Let me explain it. I have 800 mb worth of internet this month, and 500 next month. That means, FB and giantitp are off limits (too photo intensive/non-critical site), only gmail. When I go to other people's houses, i can mooch their internet (like now,) in which case i can check more sites. For the next say, 4 days (after tomorrow), i should have real internet though. Can Shard have his prc challenge now though? I think we're probably resting the night anyway. :smalltongue: Can I assume we can go shopping too, and get an item list too?

/rant

Oh right your item list is here.

List of Items Gained:
Wondrous Magic Items:
+1 Eager Spell Strike/+1 Defending Warning Quaterstaff (36k)
Rod of Chaining, Lesser
Headband of Int +4
Gloves of Fortune Striking
Necklace of + 4 Wisdom,
Vest of + 2 Con,
Cloak of Resistance + 2
Bracers of Accuracy: (MIC Pg 79)
Dispelling Cord: (MIC PG 94)
Eagle Claw Talisman: MIC Pg 96)

Mendalan's Spell Book:
1: Grease, Shield, True Strike, Hold Portal,
2: Seeking Ray , Shatter , Ray of Ice , See Invisibility , False Life , Alter Self , Mage Armor
3; Greater Magic Weapon, Fireball , Great Thunderclap , Blacklight , Sculpted Frost Breath
4; Dimensional Door, Defensterating Sphere (SC) , Resilient Sphere , Slow, Assay Spell Resistance, Crushing Grip (PHB II)
5: Cone of Cold, Wall of Force,, Lesser Planar Binding

Unless otherwise noted scrolls and potions are at minimum caster level
Scrolls:
Fireball * 2
Planar Binding
Ray of Clumsiness * 2
Ray of Enfeeblemnt * 2
Animate Dead * 2
Lesser Planar Biniding * 2
Scroll of Gust of Wind * 2
Ray of Ice * 4
Tenser's Floating Disk * 2
Grease * 3

Potions:
Shield of Faith +5 (18 Minutes) * 2
Tongues * 1
Invisibility * 2
Hide from Undead * 3
Jump * 2
Lesser Restoration * 3
Feather Fall * 2
Enlarge Person * 1
Expeditious Retreat * 2
Potion of Fly *1
Potion of Haste *1

You can go shopping as well if you wish. Please tell me where though.

And you can go get internet at a starbucks if need be. There definitely is one somewhere near you. Obstacles means you get creative not stop trying XD.

Road_Runner
2012-07-17, 10:23 PM
Oh right your item list is here.

List of Items Gained:
Wondrous Magic Items:
+1 Eager Spell Strike/+1 Defending Warning Quaterstaff (36k) (18000)
Rod of Chaining, Lesser (13600)
Headband of Int +4 (8000)
Gloves of Fortune Striking (1000)
Necklace of + 4 Wisdom (8000)
Vest of + 2 Con (2000)
Cloak of Resistance + 2 (2000)
Bracers of Accuracy: (MIC Pg 79) (2000)
Dispelling Cord: (MIC PG 94) (500)
Eagle Claw Talisman: MIC Pg 96 (500)

Mendalan's Spell Book:
1: Grease, Shield, True Strike, Hold Portal,
2: Seeking Ray , Shatter , Ray of Ice , See Invisibility , False Life , Alter Self , Mage Armor
3; Greater Magic Weapon, Fireball , Great Thunderclap , Blacklight , Sculpted Frost Breath
4; Dimensional Door, Defensterating Sphere (SC) , Resilient Sphere , Slow, Assay Spell Resistance, Crushing Grip (PHB II)
5: Cone of Cold, Wall of Force,, Lesser Planar Binding

Unless otherwise noted scrolls and potions are at minimum caster level
Scrolls:
Fireball * 2 (375)
Planar Binding (825)
Ray of Clumsiness * 2 (25)
Ray of Enfeeblemnt * 2 (25)
Animate Dead * 2 (1050)
Lesser Planar Biniding * 2 (1125)
Scroll of Gust of Wind * 2 (150)
Ray of Ice * 4 (300)
Tenser's Floating Disk * 2 (25)
Grease * 3 (37.5)

Potions:
Shield of Faith +5 (18 Minutes) * 2 (450)
Tongues * 1 (375)
Invisibility * 2 (300)
Hide from Undead * 3 (75)
Jump * 2 (50)
Lesser Restoration * 3 (450)
Feather Fall * 2 (50) (I find this amusing XD)
Enlarge Person * 1 (25)
Expeditious Retreat * 2 50
Potion of Fly *1 (375)
Potion of Haste *1 (375)

You can go shopping as well if you wish. Please tell me where though.

And you can go get internet at a starbucks if need be. There definitely is one somewhere near you. Obstacles means you get creative not stop trying XD.

TOTAL GP VALUE:

Money

T+R: 38,027.75

S+U: 48,947.75

Road_Runner
2012-07-18, 12:31 AM
Updated google doc of item and exp records.

EDIT: Also gabe still wants to know about his half-fiend PRC challenge.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-18, 04:01 PM
Don't forget about the weird fruit thing you have. I didn't see it on the item list. Also the way Tyreal is going to be introduced he won't have any gear. If you have an item or two that you want it may just happen to be nearby where his corpse body is found.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-19, 12:46 AM
Posted the inventory of Aribeth on the first post. Will keep inventories of other merchants that you visit there from now on.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-19, 03:27 PM
Oh and just as a suggestion for XP tracking. I find it easier to not say "I have 28k xp thus I am level X" but to rather say, "I just turned level 7 and have 7k more xp to go to reach level 8. Upon reaching the xp would reset back to zero and you would need 8k to reach 9 etc" thats just IMO though.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-22, 02:23 PM
So you guys thinking of a plan? Are you going to hunt the injured demon? Ignore the child? Look for a nearby guard? Go to aribeth? Remember you have recall stones? :smalltongue:

Road_Runner
2012-07-23, 12:22 AM
Demidos is thinking of amazing plan which will solve all our problems and be posted by him shortly.

If not, I vote we go back to Aribeth (dibs on not doing the awkward explanation), unless you can think of a way to hunt the demon

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-23, 03:12 AM
Fair enough.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-24, 01:59 PM
I am now expecting Death Note level of planning though Demidos :smalltongue:

Road_Runner
2012-07-27, 12:56 AM
Hi. I made some changes to my Life Disciple class (most of this was over a week ago; I was waiting for some guy to review it but he never did.

-fixed typos/feats not stacking
-clarified spirit dragons to be limited to 1 at a time with unlimited duration and 1 mile/level telepathy on the same plan
-AC/strength/space and reach/lack of attack fixed and scaled chromatic bolts slightly and mist breath 1d4 round cooldown as normal for dragons
-lesser and greater restoring waves in right section
-changed siphon vortex slightly to work in a way that made slightly more sense
-a couple channels were missing a duration
-some explanations weren't very good and so changed them, such as purple spirit wisp (before you could technically twin a channel without any extra energy cost)
-inmproved spirit storm slightly so its more on par with radiant storm
-consolidated the extra channel feats into one feat that parallels the warlock version.

I also changed to Medium BAB... I like Spiritual Weapon and Sword of Revealing Light and I want the life disciple to be able to use it and I also think the life disciple might have issues landing healing wave on enemies with poor bab at high levels anyways.

I also have come up with several new channels:

Least:
flare
orbs of light
spiritual weapon

Lesser:
blinding radiance
wall of light

Greater:
shadow wisp
sword of revealing light

Radiant:
Chaos Infliction
Spirit Binding

Road_Runner
2012-07-28, 07:21 AM
Hi again. I'm leaving for about a weekish. I should be able to post with my iPhone. Demidos says he doesn't have real internet until about a day from now, after which he should be able to post regularly.

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-30, 12:07 AM
That's fine I don't really have internet till tommorow anyway :P. once I have Internet I will check out the changes to life disciple. Oh and you guys better have a plan XD.

Demidos
2012-07-30, 06:15 PM
Erm. Yeah....I was totally thinking of a plan. Um. First, we go get lunch so I can think some more. :smallamused: ITS A GOOD START! :smallsigh:

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-30, 10:24 PM
As Reynos just failed his save and the Yugoloth reaaaallllllllllyyyyyy didn't get defeated. The answer to that question is 0 xp. Though as a plus side I believe I will let your new characters come in at level 7 due to me REALLY not wanting to rebalance the next couple encounters.

Also congrats on almost killing a creature you summoned.

Road_Runner
2012-07-30, 11:01 PM

Silva Stormrage
2012-07-30, 11:34 PM
Ya I figured that would be your response.

Road_Runner
2012-08-01, 12:08 AM
Just curious how many characters have died in Matt's party so far?

Demidos since all my characters have died I guess you're taking over. A raise dead spell would be nice for Ryenos. iirc we agreed to split party costs for resurrections? Message me if that was not the case.

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-01, 12:24 AM
Just curious how many characters have died in Matt's party so far?

Demidos since all my characters have died I guess you're taking over. A raise dead spell would be nice for Ryenos. iirc we agreed to split party costs for resurrections? Message me if that was not the case.

So far? Two, he resurrected one and brought in a druid for the other. Ironically the one that had to be rezzed was killed by phantasmal killer. So far that spell has killed 3/5 of the total deaths in this world.

Also, I am quite curious on who has what items. Not what people have equipped but like the extra gear that isn't equipped like the weird demon fruit.

Demidos
2012-08-01, 02:51 AM
So far? Two, he resurrected one and brought in a druid for the other. Ironically the one that had to be rezzed was killed by phantasmal killer. So far that spell has killed 3/5 of the total deaths in this world.

Also, I am quite curious on who has what items. Not what people have equipped but like the extra gear that isn't equipped like the weird demon fruit.

Rezz scroll for you Road, correct.

I´d assume its carried in the extradimensional space, cause that would be my first choice for a safe place to carry a magic item, but up to you.

And that was a ridiculous fail chance

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-01, 02:59 AM
Rezz scroll for you Road, correct.

I´d assume its carried in the extradimensional space, cause that would be my first choice for a safe place to carry a magic item, but up to you.

And that was a ridiculous fail chance

Fail chance? It was a decently high chance.... And how did you calculate a chance without knowing the DC :smallconfused:

Road_Runner
2012-08-01, 12:37 PM
Why don't you ask aribeth if she has any clerics that can cast
it before you buy a scroll

Demidos
2012-08-01, 03:43 PM
KK. Will do. Posting now.

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-01, 04:59 PM
Just to avoid taking time on asking a cleric, "can you cast resurrect or raise dead" both Fenthick and Desther can cast raise dead. The diamonds they don't have but it would;t be hard to find a merchant in Blacklake.

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-02, 03:44 AM
Oh also because I feel at this point we should just do a cost benefit analysis of summoning the Yugoloth.

Cost:
1 Planar Binding Scroll
2 Party Members
2k Gold (For the Horses)
1 Merchant (You learn this later but its not really a spoiler)
1 Awesome mini cohort + 2 of his followers (I had plans for him too >.> oh well)
All of Uxivid's gear
Uxivid's Corpse
Shard's emotional stability
about 40~50 random commoners and some guards
5 Horses

Benefit:
Learned how to preform the half fiend ritual
Knowledge that summoning demons is not to be taken lightly
Fun roleplaying experience

Did I miss anything?

Oh and for who I killed with him I rolled a 1d100 XD. If I had gotten a 100 I would of kill Aribeth.

Demidos
2012-08-02, 12:42 PM
I feel for the cohort. But the fiend cannot leave, as nitpicky rules are nitpicky rules. Do you still want the fight to continue as normal?

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-02, 01:59 PM
I feel for the cohort. But the fiend cannot leave, as nitpicky rules are nitpicky rules. Do you still want the fight to continue as normal?

You should read the original agreement you signed with it. Its part of the deal was simply to tell you of the ritual. Occording to the planar binding rules he simply needs to inform you of it being done and he is sent back. He has his reward.

And yes the fight is continuing as normal. This is a different creature than the yugolth that you summoned.

Edit: Nevermind the above I saw the text you sent me. It still doesn't apply You did bring him the creatures. Also even if you DID manage to convince me that bringing it the creatures != bringing the corpses it STILL doesn't apply. He can send himself back the instant he has completed his task, he doesn't NEED to accept his reward from you to be sent back.

Road_Runner
2012-08-06, 09:07 PM
I'm confused, is he making two grapple attacks? Does that mean Demidos needs to roll another grapple check and miss chance check?

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-06, 09:38 PM
He gets two grapples due to BAB. And actually yes he should make another grapple.

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-07, 02:07 AM
Noting that I don't think you marked down the 5k diamond cost and the magic circle against evil scroll.

Road_Runner
2012-08-07, 05:24 AM
So does Aribeth's inventory offers us basic +attribute item enhancements, and weapon/armor enhancements? If I upgrade my +2 periapt of wisdom to +4, does it just cost the difference in sell prices? What about +saving throws (specifically a vest of resistance) and +skill checks (like a cloak of elvenkind), or upgrading my ring of deflection?

EDIT: Also, can I buy Tyrael stuff even though he technically hasn't shown up?

EDIT 2: Wait so, how does it work for Ryenos to be level 8 without actually having a level in a class? Do his hp/BAB/skillpoints/saves increase at all or is he still level 7 effectively?

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-07, 04:46 PM
Oh yes I missed those on her inventories. She has any item up to +4 for stat attributes. You would have to sell your +2 for 2k and buy the new one for 8k but it would work out to the same amount.

If you want to buy him stuff put it in a little side section. Assume you haven't actually purchased it until he shows up. You have time to purchase after he shows up and you can assume you do it then to save time.

Oh right, I forgot to actually give you the stats for the class. (You still don't know the class features it gives).

Full Bab
Good Reflex and Fort Saves
3 Levels total class
Class feature progression at 2nd and third level. (As in spell casting, sneak attack or maneuver progression)
D10 HD

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-07, 04:48 PM
Oh yes I missed those on her inventories. She has any item up to +4 for stat attributes. You would have to sell your +2 for 2k and buy the new one for 8k but it would work out to the same amount.

If you want to buy him stuff put it in a little side section. Assume you haven't actually purchased it until he shows up. You have time to purchase after he shows up and you can assume you do it then to save time.

Oh right, I forgot to actually give you the stats for the class. (You still don't know the class features it gives).

Full Bab
Good Reflex and Fort Saves
3 Levels total class
Class feature progression at 2nd and third level. (As in spell casting, sneak attack or maneuver progression)
D10 HD

Road_Runner
2012-08-08, 12:25 AM
I spent all my gold (subtracted diamond costs also).

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-08, 01:11 PM
Map of The Beggar's Nest:
http://www.nbos.com/nox/thumbs/411.png

Road_Runner
2012-08-09, 01:38 AM
If we sell the gems/treasure we got and spend all of our money we can afford a raise dead spell with 100.5 gp left over.

SIGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

:roach:

Demidos
2012-08-09, 08:29 AM
Someone died? O.O I must admit, I fell asleep, and woke up around 11:30 to find you guys had ended the skype call. :smalleek:

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-09, 12:16 PM
Someone died? O.O I must admit, I fell asleep, and woke up around 11:30 to find you guys had ended the skype call. :smalleek:

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAH AH. Sorry I just found that hilarious. You stopped acting and we were like O.o okaaay... well I will just make his attack roll then....

But ya Tyreal was paralyzed and the coup de graced, though I might have to retcon that a bit. I was probably wrong about him not being able to be used invocations. Unless the Life Disciple has a specific clause saying he can't.

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-12, 04:10 PM
Nike's Sheet: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=432160

Demidos
2012-08-12, 05:04 PM
Could you put it in the OP of the thread, same as with shard? it makes it easy to find :smallbiggrin:

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-22, 09:42 AM
Could you put it in the OP of the thread, same as with shard? it makes it easy to find :smallbiggrin:

Sure I will do that, Also still waiting on your guy's actions here :smalltongue:

Road_Runner
2012-08-22, 04:54 PM
Supposedly demidos gets internet today.

Demidos
2012-08-23, 12:54 PM
Yoooo. Internet.

So. I have Nike cast suggestion to suggest the person to stop fighting and take a move action to stand.

Shard attacks [roll0] [roll1]

Demidos
2012-08-23, 01:11 PM
Iterative [roll0] [roll1]

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-23, 04:07 PM
Nice that you missed the IC and posted on the OOC :smalltongue:

Demidos
2012-08-24, 01:40 AM
Shhh. :smallcool:

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-29, 07:16 PM
Oh sure with COMBAT you guys post fine but when you need to talk to an npc it takes weeks to post :smalltongue:

Demidos
2012-08-30, 01:26 AM
Oh sure with COMBAT you guys post fine but when you need to talk to an npc it takes weeks to post :smalltongue:

We're science types. This whole talking to other humans thing isnt really applicable.

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-30, 10:35 AM
We're science types. This whole talking to other humans thing isnt really applicable.

... You do know that the single most important aspect of chemistry, physics, cs and engineering is how to work with other people right?

Demidos
2012-08-30, 12:08 PM
... You do know that the single most important aspect of chemistry, physics, cs and engineering is how to work with other people right?

Nah. You can totally solo it :smallcool:

We've never met anyone like this, right? Those guys in the docks district were different, no?

Silva Stormrage
2012-08-30, 04:09 PM
Nah. You can totally solo it :smallcool:

We've never met anyone like this, right? Those guys in the docks district were different, no?

Well the people in the docks district used slightly different tactics and you couldn't see the faces of these guys (Full Plate) but they did vanish the same so you COULD assume they are with the same organization/same race/ same class/ something along those lines.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-05, 05:10 PM
Hey guys found an interesting house rule that you may find entertaining and lets me still run combat that is threatening.

Essentially, when ever you get killed by a regular hp damaging attack you don't actually die. Instead you get dropped to -8 (in this case it would be -your con score + 2 but principle stays the same). Instant death effects (Vorpal, death effects etc) still kill you automatically.

Would you guys enjoy this? It would limit character deaths and I stop you guys from having to make 2 sets of characters in case of a tpk. (Though if you guys bind a balor for the next half fiend test it WILL kill you horribly. Then kill the rest of the town.)

Demidos
2012-09-10, 05:17 PM
Whooooooot. Megasword! :smallbiggrin:
Edit
So you'd have to coup de grace to kill ppl? Just pcs or everyone? how does fast healing work?

Road_Runner
2012-09-10, 07:06 PM
Hmmm that sounds interesting, but that means only coup de grace kills unless I'm misunderstanding? Does this mean diehard is banned? O_o

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-10, 07:55 PM
The rule only applies when being dropped from Positives to negatives. So being dropped from 50 to -230320 would leave you at -8 (Assuming 10 con). If you were attacked again if it dealt 2 points of damage you would die. Also you still have to stabilize or you just bleed out in 2 rounds. And this would apply to everyone.

Road_Runner
2012-09-10, 09:04 PM
Hmmm enemies as well? Might have to reconsider. I think the mechanic idea is cool, but it sort of works weirdly, especially since in a way it makes a higher con score disadvantageous. What I mean is, if you have a low con score, like 10, then you could easily bounce back (Tyrael can heal someone 4d6 at will, so could easily bounce someone back to positives round after round), but with a con score of 16-20, it's much more difficult to get back to positives in 1 turn.

Idk, I think idea could work or you could also make negative hp scale, I always thought it was weird that negative hp doesn't really scale while max hp does, so while damage/hp pools get higher the negative hp pool stays so late game attack either kill you or leave you in positives.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-10, 09:52 PM
Hmmm enemies as well? Might have to reconsider. I think the mechanic idea is cool, but it sort of works weirdly, especially since in a way it makes a higher con score disadvantageous. What I mean is, if you have a low con score, like 10, then you could easily bounce back (Tyrael can heal someone 4d6 at will, so could easily bounce someone back to positives round after round), but with a con score of 16-20, it's much more difficult to get back to positives in 1 turn.

Idk, I think idea could work or you could also make negative hp scale, I always thought it was weird that negative hp doesn't really scale while max hp does, so while damage/hp pools get higher the negative hp pool stays so late game attack either kill you or leave you in positives.

Thats actually a good point. Then I will offer a trade, you get this OR the - con score hp. So it will always bring you to -8 but you die at -10 like normal. Really the - con score variant is a lesser version of this one anyway.

And for the scaling -hp. It becomes pointless after a certain point. You just start to coup de grace people. Also it leads to more threatening encounters. One of matt's homebrews has that as an actual class feature (-Hp = to max hp) and the character is a literal tank that CAN'T DIE >.>.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-11, 12:11 AM
Revealing invisible post

Road_Runner
2012-09-12, 10:29 PM
I think the the mechanic is cool and the purpose it serves is good, but I just think technically it works a little weird. It hurts people who rely on single damage bursts in a round like nuke-based wizards or sorcerors (among other casters), while characters who primarily deal damage in multiple chunks (glaivelocks, pouncing barbarians, etc) or especially in many small chunks (flurrying monks, full attacking archers, etc) are mostly likely not going to have their offensive power negated much by this rule at all, since most likely the attack following the one that downed the opponent will kill them. It also makes abilities that provide instant burst healing very helpful (a cleric can now use close wounds to easily bump allies back into positives every round, and are near-invicible against characters who rely on a single damage chunk every round, although most characters are not reliant on this).

ANYWAYS, I'm fine with it if gabe wants it, I don't think it's bad overall it just sort of changes the balance among different offensive styles.

Another random idea I'll throw out there, that would serve the same mechanical purpose (saves you from dying, but small-moderate healing can bump you back into positives) would maybe make negative hitpoints be reduced at a rate of 1 to every 3 or 4 points of incoming damage? Idk, maybe that's kind of weird.

Road_Runner
2012-09-13, 09:47 AM
Just to clarify, resurgence should work against web?

This is definitely not content not released under the OGL

But everyone here has the SC so it's ok
"The subject of a resurgence spell can make a second attempt to save against an ongoing spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability, such as dominate person. If the subject of resurgence is affected by more than one ongoing magical effect, the subject chooses one of them to retry the save against. If the subject succeeds on the saving throw on the second attempt, the effect ends immediately. Resurgence never restores hit points or ability score damage, but it does eliminate any conditions such as shaken, fatigued, or nauseated that were caused by a spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability.
If a spell, spell-like ability, or super- natural ability doesn’t allow a save (such as power word stun), then resurgence won’t help the subject recover."

It doesn't appear to say anything about not working against conjuration spells, as long as they have a duration, so I guess it works, right?

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-13, 10:10 AM
Just to clarify, resurgence should work against web?

This is definitely not content not released under the OGL

But everyone here has the SC so it's ok
"The subject of a resurgence spell can make a second attempt to save against an ongoing spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability, such as dominate person. If the subject of resurgence is affected by more than one ongoing magical effect, the subject chooses one of them to retry the save against. If the subject succeeds on the saving throw on the second attempt, the effect ends immediately. Resurgence never restores hit points or ability score damage, but it does eliminate any conditions such as shaken, fatigued, or nauseated that were caused by a spell, spell-like ability, or supernatural ability.
If a spell, spell-like ability, or super- natural ability doesn’t allow a save (such as power word stun), then resurgence won’t help the subject recover."

It doesn't appear to say anything about not working against conjuration spells, as long as they have a duration, so I guess it works, right?

Yes it works as it is a magical effect.

Demidos
2012-09-16, 04:18 PM
I feel left out :((((

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-16, 07:41 PM
I feel left out :((((

Can Nike do anything?

I will post IC once I actually have a bit of free time >.>. I tend to be busy mondays and sundays.

Road_Runner
2012-09-16, 10:50 PM
Nike should have had some more turns to make checks to move already, but she also hasn't been rolling any of the saves vs nausea, so you would have to do those as well :\

Demidos
2012-09-17, 02:06 AM
Assuming the casters were level 6 (by the fact drew said they were two CR 6s) the nausea should have been long gone.
Still. I feel incompetent. I cant even light a fire >.< Though assuming all characters come with start packages....XD
Okay, well, i light the webs on fire if i can, but assuming i cant, which is probably,
Fort
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]
[roll5]
Str
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]
[roll9]
[roll10]
[roll11]

Road_Runner
2012-09-17, 10:18 AM
Can't. Touch. This. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo)

:smallbiggrin:

Assuming the casters were level 6 (by the fact drew said they were two CR 6s) the nausea should have been long gone.

Wait, yeah, it's been 9 rounds, hasn't the cloud dispersed yet?

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-17, 10:22 AM
The cloud is still there and Nike failed one of her saves against it.

Road_Runner
2012-09-17, 02:24 PM
Question, I have this ability I've been meaning to ask you about, I was going to ask if this works after this battle but I could really use it now.

Light Within Darkness (Su): Beginning at 7th level, a Shadow Sun Ninja's inner light cannot be stifled by darkness, no matter how deep. Rather, the shadows cause his light to lash out like a caged beast as it struggles to break free.

If the Shadow Sun Ninja makes a melee attack against an opponent on the round after he makes a successful Hide check, his body bursts alight with searing flames of pure liquid light. All opponents within 60 feet of him that failed to detect him while hiding must make a Fortitude save, DC 10 + ½ class level + Wis mod or be blinded for 1d4 rounds. Creatures who were aware of the Shadow Sun Ninja are unaffected by this ability, as are allies and any other creature the Shadow Sun Ninja wishes to be unharmed.

Do making successful hide checks when countering work for the purposes of this ability, or do I need to make a hide check independently for the sole purpose of not being seen?

Demidos
2012-09-17, 02:52 PM
Question, I have this ability I've been meaning to ask you about, I was going to ask if this works after this battle but I could really use it now.

Light Within Darkness (Su): Beginning at 7th level, a Shadow Sun Ninja's inner light cannot be stifled by darkness, no matter how deep. Rather, the shadows cause his light to lash out like a caged beast as it struggles to break free.

If the Shadow Sun Ninja makes a melee attack against an opponent on the round after he makes a successful Hide check, his body bursts alight with searing flames of pure liquid light. All opponents within 60 feet of him that failed to detect him while hiding must make a Fortitude save, DC 10 + ½ class level + Wis mod or be blinded for 1d4 rounds. Creatures who were aware of the Shadow Sun Ninja are unaffected by this ability, as are allies and any other creature the Shadow Sun Ninja wishes to be unharmed.

Do making successful hide checks when countering work for the purposes of this ability, or do I need to make a hide check independently for the sole purpose of not being seen?

I'd say so O.o

Road_Runner
2012-09-17, 02:53 PM
I'd say so O.o

Well, I have an alternate pran if that doesn't work.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-17, 04:18 PM

Well yes they count. But in this situation its useless. Since the creature has to be not aware of you. Since you have been fighting them for about 10 rounds I am quite confident that they are both aware of you. Also since its a fort save that doesn't affect objects you can't use it against undead. But in general? Yes if you use a move that has a hide check as part of it, you can then activate this ability.

Road_Runner
2012-09-17, 04:20 PM
Actually, I just realized that the class feature is a Fort save, not a reflex like the manuever, so it wouldn't work anyways. (Although I still would like to know if going off a counter would work...)

Edit: It's ok, ninja me, I don't mind. :smallannoyed:

Road_Runner
2012-09-17, 04:51 PM
Ok, I'm not sure what to do, so I figure I would ask Demidos before I put Shard at risk.

Drew you can read this if you can do so objectively without altering the enemies' actions based on my plans :smallbiggrin:.

Basically, there are two ways to go about this. One is to full attack Sonia with burning weapons. Unless I am extremely lucky, this will probably not kill her, and will require additional full attacking next round. However, to do this, I will most likely have to make 2 more will saves (unless there is an end to her seemingly endless dominate person...), and not get hit twice by the undead monstrosity (since I only have one counter left). This plan has like maybe a 20% chance of success, maybe even less.

The other option is to counter the most recent dominate attack, then use ethereal reminescence to heal 22 hp, and go underground where I can't be targeted, and refresh manuevers. Then pop up next turn, and use the blinding attack against Sonia. I would have 2 counters to use against an attack/dominate attempt by Sonia. If I can blind Sonia for 2 or more rounds, I will have a much higher chance of survival/winning the fight. However, they may choose to finish off Shard if I disappear. I could further attempt to confuse them by using the invisibility manuever before I go incorporeal and sink underground, and leave the wisp circling around the square where I was standing, to make it appear as if I was still standing there invisible. The monster has scent though, but he might just be confused why I disappeared, and hopefully he is unable to communicate this to Sonia. The wisp would need to sufficiently distract both of them (maybe by attacking or something), so they wouldn't attack Shard (although they might not attack him anyways, since he's not a threat atm. Anyways, this plan has a much better chance of success, but Shard might die (however, if both Shard AND Nike died, that would be much worse).

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-18, 11:36 AM
What round has it been since the stinking cloud?

Road_Runner
2012-09-18, 12:49 PM
It's been 14 rounds.

Btw gabe, nice new avatar :smallsmile:.

Demidos
2012-09-18, 11:09 PM
Silva. I cant see whats going on. Can you PLEASE move all the dead undead? :smallannoyed:

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-19, 12:10 AM
Silva. I cant see whats going on. Can you PLEASE move all the dead undead? :smallannoyed:

K I will. I just use them to make note of the xp you get.

Demidos
2012-09-19, 12:13 AM
K I will. I just use them to make note of the xp you get.
Ty. Sorry about sounding grouchy there :smalltongue:

Demidos
2012-09-19, 12:23 PM
Arrrrr, mateys, shiver me timbers but the DM needs to post! Avast, ye scurvy dogs.

Road_Runner
2012-09-19, 02:27 PM
Arrrrr, mateys, shiver me timbers but the DM needs to post! Avast, ye scurvy dogs.

One a scale from 1 to Jack Sparrow, I give that a 7.5. Maybe an extra "Aaaaarrrrrrrghhh" at the end could have helped.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-19, 03:39 PM
Sorry I have been very very busy XD. I will post later tonight I have a midterm at 7:00 so that takes priority :smalltongue:

Road_Runner
2012-09-19, 04:17 PM
Sorry I have been very very busy XD. I will post later tonight I have a midterm at 7:00 so that takes priority :smalltongue:

Ok, are you guys free to have a sort of casual gchat session laterish tonight? It would be really cool if we could finish this battle.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-19, 04:50 PM
Ok, are you guys free to have a sort of casual gchat session laterish tonight? It would be really cool if we could finish this battle.

I should be free. Remember we are in different timezones XD. I am two hours ahead of West Coast Time

Road_Runner
2012-09-21, 02:47 PM
Tyreal quickly informs Ryenos that Sonia is escaping through a cracked ground tunnel, gesturing to where she went up. He also tells him that Shard was killed and turned into a spectre, which is running away, but could have escape through the surface. "You need to split up, search all the area under the ground and all the way through both the path up and through that cracked ground path Sonia went through!."

Ryenos uses ethereal reminescence (heals 22 hp and turns incorporeal) and half his floating head (literally dividing along the midsaggital plane) flies into the cracked ground area, following Sonia's path. The rest of him splits into various parts, and a collective army of hands/feet/forearms/calves/thighs/internal organs/ sweep through the surface back to the entrance (the body parts are sweeping 5 feet deep into the walls/ground) with the other half of the head is by itself in the actual airspace of the path back up to the main entrance. All parts of Ryenos can move 30 feet.

Also activates Formless Dance (granting see invisibility and illusions).

[roll0] Images.

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-28, 06:31 PM
Okay will post on the IC thread soon. Nike will be getting her own private thread. Shard, Tyreal and Ryenos are going to continue on the regular thread.

Also the next post will be LOOONNNNGGGGG..... Nothing I could do about that really. On the plus side you are all mind controlled so I don't need to wait for you to respond to Sonia! She doesn't care what you have to think! Mostly anyway.

Road_Runner
2012-09-28, 07:05 PM
Knowledge Geography: [roll0]

Hopefully I will try and finish Tyreal's adaptation soon...

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-28, 08:51 PM
Stat changes,

HP:
Tyreal and Shard: HP Set to 16Hp/HD
Ryenos: Set to 14HP/HD

Tyreal:
Ability Scores:
Strength: +6 (+4 of it being an Enchantment Bonus)
Con: -
Int: -6
Wis: +2
Cha: +2

Bonus Feat: Toughness
Natural Armor: + 4
Turn Resistance: +2
Damage Reduction: 15/Silver
Slam attack: 1d6 + blight
Blight: Disease: 1d2 Strength/1d2 Con DC: 10+1/2 HD + charisma modifier
Level Adjustment +2

Shard:
Ability Score changes:
Strength: +6 (+4 Enchantment Bonus)
Dex: +4
Con: -
Charisma: +2
DR: 5/Blugending
NA: Is set to 3
Fast Healing 3
Immunities: Cold Immune
Feats: Weapon Finesse for 1 Weapon
Spell Like Abilities: Greater Dispel Magic 1/Day as a Spell Like ability (CL 9)
Other: Flight is now magical and good maneuverability
Level Adjustment: +2

Ryenos:
http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220585
+4 Strength (Enchantment)

Demidos
2012-09-30, 01:35 PM
This is lame. Roadrunner gets the allpowerfulness and the ability to get minions /cry
What time is it?

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-30, 01:36 PM
It is currently about 2:00 AM

And you are still fine.

And also Tyreal is now near retard levels in intelligence. Nooootttt that useful :smalltongue:

Demidos
2012-09-30, 01:37 PM
Null point. Was Tyreal ever useful? :smallannoyed:

Silva Stormrage
2012-09-30, 02:16 PM
Null point. Was Tyreal ever useful? :smallannoyed:

Well I believe without Tyreal Nike would also be dead. Which would only be completely problematic.

Road_Runner
2012-10-10, 07:23 PM
I finished my class (before my hw too)

The Death Disciple (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=258097)

Also made some changes to life disciple class:

10/10/12
-radiant storm damage changed to be more consistent, (1d4-1 rays to 1d2+1)
-spirit storm is changed; now deals more damage but doesn’t curse enemies, and provides a beneficial protective effect to allies.
-shadow wisp channel name changed to shadow reflection, now creates a wisp as per the death disciple class.
-red wisp changed so that damage scaled slightly better (to parallel the damage scaling that shadow wisps have for their sacrifice)
-changed spirit binding to be a permanent curse instead of 1 round/level.

Road_Runner
2012-10-11, 12:58 AM
Updated character sheets:

Ryenos (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=456414)

Tyreal (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=456403)

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-12, 11:48 PM
Hey good news! Tyreal and Shard don't have to lose a level as Dara'Nei has some Quintessence on her! Bad news! I have no idea how to proceed at this point. So give me a day or two to think of stuff XD.

Road_Runner
2012-10-13, 12:15 AM
Haha no worries. We know we make your life hard (let's just randomly go to the dock's district! That'll work out well!).

Demidos
2012-10-13, 11:06 PM
You could go grab those two guards at the gate, if you wanted.

Road_Runner
2012-10-28, 05:12 PM
Demidos, do you plan on full attacking? I can summon a yellow spirit wisp if you want the extra +2 and bonus attack, otherwise I will heal us or something.

Demidos
2012-10-29, 02:12 AM
Yep. The +2 would be great.

Road_Runner
2012-10-31, 05:51 PM
How did Shard get so much damage? He took 15 from quills (assuming a 28 saved, if not 30 damage), and I count one attack that hit (12 damage, 3 if its nonmagical). Shard hasn't rolled reflex saves against the cold breath yet, but he has resistance cold 9 right?

Silva Stormrage
2012-10-31, 06:13 PM
Oh I told him that if he didn't update his character sheet I would be using that data. On his character sheet his ac is 30. And the attacks are all magical.

Demidos
2012-10-31, 10:26 PM
Gee, I dont remember that >.> Maybe I should have been using undead damage then >.>

Road_Runner
2012-11-03, 04:21 PM
I'm not totally sure what's going on. Is it my turn? Can I take an action? If so, what kind of action can I take (am I grappled but not pinned, can I use escape artist or something?)

Road_Runner
2012-11-26, 06:58 PM
HERE IS MY UNFINISHED CLASS:

It's basically the first three levels without feats. Ok you know what, I know it took a long time. I didn't think the amount of text I wrote would be so much, and I kept changing stuff over so it took a long time. And I'm terrible at predicting how long it will take me to do something. Whatever.

"I’m not a druid, I don’t control the storm. I am the storm."

Description:
Avatars of the storm are powerful raptoran warriors and masters of the sky. The use both the elements of the storm and their weapon to defeat enemies. They honor and respect the raptoran pact with the lords of the Elemental Plane of Air, but at the same time seek to form their own control and connection with the wind elements, and develop their own mastery of the sky. They are highly respected in raptoran society, usually called upon to defend raptoran villages from invaders when necessary. However, that does not stop them from adventuring and completing their own goals.

Races: Raptoran only.

Alignment: Rarely non-evil.

Starting Gold: As a fighter.

Starting Age: As a fighter.

Other Notes

11/23/12
Class is done! Any comments and suggestions for editing are appreciated!

Changelog:

Class Skill List: Balance(Dex), Escape Artist(Dex), Hide(Dex), Knowledge(the planes), Listen(Wis), Move Silently(Dex), Sense Motive(Wis), Spot(Wis), Survival(Wis), Swim(Str), Tumble(Dex)

Skill Points: 6 + Int modifier (x4 at first level)

Hit Dice: d8
{table=head]Level|Base Attack Bonus|Fort Save|Ref Save|Will Save|Special

1st|
+0|
+0|
+2|
+2|Sky Channels, Wind Blast, Grace of the Wind|
2nd|
+1|
+0|
+3|
+3|Child of the Sky|
3rd|
+2|
+1|
+3|
+3|Storm Calling|
4th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4||
5th|
+3|
+1|
+4|
+4||
6th|
+4|
+2|
+5|
+5||
7th|
+5|
+2|
+5|
+5||
8th|
+6/+1|
+2|
+6|
+6||
9th|
+6/+1|
+3|
+6|
+6||
10th|
+7/+2|
+3|
+7|
+7||
11th|
+8/+3|
+3|
+7|
+7||
12th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8||
13th|
+9/+4|
+4|
+8|
+8||
14th|
+10/+5|
+4|
+9|
+9||
15th|
+11/+6/+1|
+5|
+9|
+9||
16th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10||
17th|
+12/+7/+2|
+5|
+10|
+10||
18th|
+13/+8/+3|
+6|
+11|
+11||
19th|
+14/+9/+4|
+6|
+11|
+11||
20th|
+15/+10/+5|
+6|
+12|
+12|[/table]

Class Features:

Weapon and Armor Proficiency: Avatars of the Storm are proficient with all simple and martial weapons and light armor.

Sky Channels(Su): An avatar of the storm can manifest their control of the elements of air through supernatural abilities called sky channels. At first level, avatars of the storm only know 1st level sky channel, but at 4th, 7th, and every three levels after they gain access to another level of sky channels. They know and have prepared all sky channels available to them at any given level they have access to. Using a sky channel takes a standard, move, swift, or immediate action, during which the avatar of the storm calls upon their connection to the sky to allow them to perform supernatural feats of combat and element manipulation. Each sky channel can be used once every 4 rounds. Despite the connection to the sky, avatars of the storm don’t actually have to see the sky or be outside to use sky channels. However, if on the elemental plane of air, sky channels have no cooldown, and can be used at will. If on the elemental plane of earth, an avatar of the storm must wait 1 minute before using a sky channel again.

Wind Blast(Su): One of the most basic abilities of an avatar of the storm is their ability to create a condensed bolt of air to blast enemies with. It is a ranged attack that affects a single target, dealing 1d4 points of damage/level. Usable at will. You can also empower you melee attacks with air blasts, dealing your level as extra damage as part of a normal standard or full attack, or through attacks made with sky channels.

Grace of the Wind(Ex): As an avatar of the storm, you learn to fight with grace and agility, rather than brute strength. You can use your dexterity modifier to attack and damage rolls with melee weapons instead of your strength modifier. Additionally, when you wield a magic weapon, you can use its power to enhance your wind blasts. Add the total enhancement bonus and enhancement modifier as a bonus to attack and damage rolls with your wind blast. For example, if you have a +1 shocking keen shortspear, you can add +3 to the attack and damage rolls of your wind blast.

(CLASS FEATURE FOR SOME LATER LEVEL)Elemental Mastery(Ex): As you control the elements of the storm with increasing mastery, you find yourself more resistant when others try to use them against you. You gain electricity and sonic resistance equal to your avatar of the storm level.

(CLASS FEATURE FOR SOME LATER LEVEL)Elemental Purity(Ex): Your mastery of the elements is so great that you can derive purer forms of energy from them. Half of any elemental damage that you or your storms or cloud elementals deal is pure storm energy, bypassing elemental resistances and immunities.

Child of the Sky(Ex): You have a natural connection to the sky. Treat your raptoran HD as 5 levels higher for the purpose of flying ability. At 10th level this allows you to fly with good maneuverability, and fly while fatigued or exhausted (albeit at a -5ft and -10ft penalty to move speed, respectively).

(CLASS FEATURE FOR SOME LATER LEVEL) Balance of Body and Mind(Ex) You have learned to balance the agility of your body and mind. Gain a +x bonus to whatever stat is lower, Wisdom or Dexterity. If your wisdom and dexterity are the same, add points to either stat, keeping them within 1 point of each other. This bonus is automatically dynamic, meaning if you take Dexterity damage when both stats are equal, points automatically shift from Wisdom to Dexterity. This bonus increases to +y at level z.

Storm Calling(Su) Avatars of the Storm gain a special connection to the sky and the elemental plane of wind, able to call upon the wind and elements of the storm to destroy their enemies. All Avatars gain access to all two types of stormcalling: wind calling and weather calling but you can specialize in one type of calling, gaining a +2 bonus on storm calling checks with that element, and a special bonus listed below. :

[I]Wind Calling: Wind calling improves your ability to manipulate the air, and allows you to infuse your wind blasts with other elements of the storm. All wind calling manipulate your wind blast, adding some additional effect in addition to the basic attack. Specializing in wind calling gives a 2+1/4 level attack bonus on wind blast attack rolls, and a +2 DC to any saving throw imposed by a wind blast. Wind calling is always as standard action (same as the wind blast).

Weather Calling: Weather calling allows you to call storms onto the battlefield, impeding enemies and increasing your own advantage. Weather Calling can be a standard, move, or swift action (further described in the calling section). Specializing in weather calling grants special bonuses from storms.

Storm Calling:

Wind Calling(Su): This type of storm calling allows you to infuse your wind blasts with elements of the storm. Besides the additional effects, wind blasts made with wind calling are otherwise treated as normal wind blasts. The grade of the wind blast become available when the equivalent sky channel grade is available. Because of the chaotic nature of the wind, you cannot use certain blasts with 100% accuracy. There is a 80% chance that when you use a certain blast, you use it successfully. Otherwise, you randomly use any other type of wind blast you have available, which includes a normal wind blast. The DC for any wind blast is 10 + ½ level + Wisdom modifier. The chance of using a specific blast successfully decreases by 20% for each time you tried to use it in the past minute, minimum 20%.

Grade 1: Thunder Blast – The blast of wind roars with thunder of the storm. Add your level as sonic damage. The target must make a Fortitude save or be deafened for 1 minute.

Grade 2: Hail Blast – The blast of wind is infused with sharp shards of ice. Add your level as half cold/half piercing damage to the blast. The target must make a Fortitude save or suffer a -4 dex penalty for 1 minute.

Grade 3: Lightning Blast – The blast of wind crackles with arcs of electricity. Add your level as lightning damage and the target must make a fortitude save or be stunned for 1 round.

Grade 4: Sonic Blast – The blast of wind roars with sonic speed to strike an opponent with incredible speed. Gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll and strike your opponent flat-footed. Also deals sonic damage equal to your level.

Grade 5: Arctic Blast – The blast of wind howls with ice and the chill of northern storms. Deals extra cold damage equal to your level. The target must make a Reflex save or be frozen as if by the freeze spell (SC 99).

Grade 6: Sonic Vortex Blast – The blast of winds howls with sonic speed to strike an opponent with incredible speed. Gain a +2 bonus on your attack roll and strike your opponent flat-footed. Deals sonic damage to your level, and also traps an enemy in a vortex of air unless they succeed on a reflex save. They are unable to move and are stunned for up to 3 rounds while taking 2d6 damage each round. They can make a reflex save each round to end the effect.

Weather Calling(Su): This type of storm calling allows you to summon storms of weather to aid you and hinder enemies on the battle field. Summoning a storm or strengthening it is a move or swift action. Summoning a storm creates a grade 1 storm (described below). Strengthening a storm adds a number of what are called zephyr points to it, possibly increasing its grade. When you use a standard action to strengthen a storm, add double the normal amount of zephyr points. Weather storms are comprised of different components of weather: including wind, rain, and lightning. Weather storms can be created centered on a point in space, or centered on yourself, moving with you. They can be created indoors, such as in an underground cavern, and simply expand and spread to affect the contained area. Roll zephyr points to see what grade and how many zephyr points the storm starts with (it automatically has at least the minimum requirement for grade 1 winds). In other words, creating a storm is the same as strengthening a storm with 0 zephyr points, and increasing from effectively grade 0. The radius of a storm is 60 ft + 20 ft * the grade of the storm. When considering the distance to squares to see if they are affected by the weather storm, count double the distance for squares in which the storm would have to turn a corner, such as behind the corner of a building. Every time you strengthen a storm, you can move the origin of the storm by 30 ft (if you move the center to yourself, you can become the origin). Storms last for 1 minute + 2*total grade rounds. You can summon a storm once every 10 minutes. You never suffer any penalty from your own weather storm (for example, if you hold a torch, you could direct a strong wind around it without extinguishing it). The maximum grade of any one component is described in the table below:

{table=head]Level|Zephyr Points Generated
1-2|1d4|
3-5|1d6|
6-8|1d8|
9-11|1d10|
12-14|1d12|
15-17|1d12+1|
18-20|1d12+2|
[/table]

{table=head]Level|Max Wind/Rain Component Grade |Max Lightning Component Grade
3-5|3|1|
6-8|4|2|
9-11|5|3|
12-14|6|4|
15+|7|5|
[/table]

Winds: Winds are the backbone of your storms, required for adding other components. With an avatar of the storm’s precise control over winds, he can use them to aid his flight and deflect attacks from him. Wind storms grant a circumstance bonus to fly speed and AC, and also impose a penalty to ranged attacks and listen checks. Because of the supernatural nature of these winds, ranged attacks that wouldn’t normally be affected by wind, such as those from spells, SLAs, supernatural abilities, or siege weapons, suffer half the normal penalty to ranged attacks. Refer to wind effects to see the effect on creatures and the environment, such as flames, but refer to the table for bonuses and penalties to ranged attacks. The direction of the wind is usually clockwise to the center point of the storm, but the avatar can choose to make it counterclockwise, or funneled inward, or outward, if he chooses. You can choose to change the direction of the storm every time you feed more zephyr points into it. If you specialize in weather calling, the AC bonus also applies to melee attack rolls.

{table=head]Grade|Cost|Fly speed increase|AC bonus|Ranged attack penalty|Wind strength
1|4|+5ft|+1|0|Light winds|
2|6|+10ft|+2|-2|Moderate winds|
3|7|+15ft|+3|-4|Strong winds|
4|7|+20ft|+4|-6|Severe winds|
5|7|+25ft|+5|-8|Windstorm|
6|7|+30ft|+6|(-5)*|Hurricane|
7|7|+35ft|+7|(-6)*|Tornado|
[/table]

* = At this point, listen checks and nonmagical nonsiege ranged attacks become impossible, and the penalty in parenthesis applies to any other type of ranged attack.

Rains: Rains are another key element of your storms. Moderate winds are required to have a rain component. A supernatural downpour of rain can invigorate and heal allies, turning the tide of battle when enemies gain the upper hand. A constant drizzle heals all allies a small amount each round and fortifies them against attacks on their vitality, while rain clouds can hold bursts of torrential rain to quickly heal allies in the case that they become seriously wounded as a free action 1/round, divided among any allies healed. The cloud healing pool is replenished by an amount equal to the normal healing per round each round. Allies that have total cover vertically from the storm cannot be healed, unless that cover is from some medium of water, such as a wall of ice, or a water permeable substance, in which case the rain can osmose through it. If the weather storm has at least grade 3 winds, the avatar can use the force of the winds to blow rain in from the side, so that only allies that have total cover from all sides to the storm cannot be healed. All healing done can only heal fresh wounds; only damage dealt in the last minute can be healed. The following table shows the effects of the rains as they vary with grade. If you specialize in weather calling, the improved saving throw increases by 2 and applies to both fortitude and will saving throws for the purpose of affecting you only.

{table=head]Grade|Cost|Circumstance bonus to Fortitudesaves|Penalty to Spot checks|Healing per round|Cloud pool|Other effects
1|6|+0|0|1|level*1|Sprinkling rains. Small unprotected flames have a 50% chance of being extinguished|
2|7|+1|-2|2|level*2|Light rains. Unprotected flames have a 75% chance of being extinguished|
3|7|+1|-4|3|level*3|Moderate rains. Unprotected flames are automatically extinguished, and protected flames (such as those of a lantern) have a 50% chance of being extinguished.|
4|7|+2|-6|4|level*4|Heavy rains. Unprotected and protected flames are extinguished, and magical fire effects have any damage die reduced by one die size.|
5|7|+2|-8|5|level*5|Strong downpour. All fires are extinguished and magical fire effects deal half damage.|
6|7|+3|-11|6|level*6|Torrential rains. All creates more than 10 ft away have 20% concealment, magical fires deals 25% damage, and any dust, toxins, or vapor in the air (such as a stinking cloud, cloudkill spell, dust of sneezing and coughing, or solid fog spell) are purged from the air.|
7|7|+3|-14|7|level*7|Monsoon rains. Any type of fire is extinguished. Acid attacks deals half damage, as the rain almost immediately washes them out. Dust, toxins, and vapors are purged from the air. Creatures 5 ft away have 20% concealment, and creatures more than 30 ft away have total concealment.|
[/table]

Lightning: Lightning is one of the most fearsome and powerful components of weather storms. Light rains are required to have a lightning component. Additionally, the lightning component grade can never be more than ½ the combined grade of wind and rain. A weather storm with a lightning component can strike down opponents with powerful bolts of electrical energy. As the grade of lightning increases, so consistency, strength, and number of bolts. Targeting creatures is a free action. Lightning may strike anyone you can see, or squares you can see, but each target can only be hit by lightning once. At higher grades, thunder may occur after a lightning strike, which deals sonic damage to all enemies in the area of the storm (whether you can see them or not). Creatures hit by lightning get a reflex save (DC 10+1/2 level + Wisdom modifier) for half damage. If you specialize in weather calling, You can use a bolt to strike yourself dealing no damage and grant 1d6+1/level lightning damage on your next melee attack.

{table=head]Grade|Cost|Chance of lightning striking|Number of bolts|Lightning Damage|Chance of thunder|Thunder Damage
1|6|40%|1d3|1d6+1d3/level|--|--|
2|7|60%|1d3+1|1d6+1d3/level|--|--|
3|7|80%|1d6+1|1d6+1d3/level|--|--|
4|7|100%|2d6|1d6+1d3/level|40%|1d4/2 levels|
5|7|100%|2d8|1d6+1d3/level|60%|1d6/2 levels|
[/table]

Sky Channels:

1st Level Sky Channels

Cloak of Fog
Action: swift

Surround yourself with wisps of obscuring mists. For 1 round + 1 per 4 levels, gain 20% concealment.

Wing Slam
Action: Immediate

As you dodge to the side of an enemy’s attack, you spin around and slam them with your wing, sending them flying. When an opponent attacks you, you can initiate this sky channel to force them to make a Reflex save or be knocked prone 5 ft away from you, taking 2d6 points of nonlethal damage.

Zephyr Rush
Action: standard

Charge an opponent as a standard action without provoking attacks of opportunity from movement, or taking a penalty to AC.

Zephyr Spin

You spin with the force of a small gust of wind. Make a melee attack against all opponents within 5 ft.

[B]2nd Level Sky Channels

Barrel Roll
Action: immediate

You must be flying to use this sky channel. As a fireball explodes to your right, you nimbly spiral your wings in a spinning maneuver to dodge the attack. When you have to make a reflex save, add your Dexterity modifier +1/4 your level to your saving throw. You also gain evasion for the purpose of the attack. At 12th level you gain improved evasion for the purpose of the attack.

Gale Rush

Charge an opponent as a standard action without provoking attacks of opportunity from movement, or taking a penalty to AC. Gain a +3 bonus on your attack roll.

Gale Spin
Action: Standard action

You spin with the force of a small gale. Make a melee attack against all opponents within 10 ft.

3rd Level Sky Channels
Whirlwind Rush

Charge an opponent as a standard action without provoking attacks of opportunity from movement, or taking a penalty to AC. Gain a +6 bonus on your attack roll.

Whirlwind Spin

You spin with the force of a whirlwind. Make a melee attack against all opponents within 15 ft.

Wing Dance[/B[
Action: full round

You dance around, striking enemies, while using your wings to deflect attacks. Full attack and add your Dexterity modifier to AC for 1 round.

[B]Wings of Cover
Action: immediate

You cover yourself with your wings, blocking an attack. Use wings of cover as the spell wings of cover (RotD, 120).

4th Level Sky Channels
Cloud Updraft
Action: see text

As a standard action, you create a number fluffy white clouds. This foggy platforms are 10 ft by 10 ft and about 2 ft high. You can summon 1 per 3 levels within close range. You can summon them under creatures’ feet who are standing on the ground, but creatures standing on the ground can make a Reflex save to jump to an adjacent square, if there is one available. These clouds last for up to 1 minute/level, but you can end the effect for one or more clouds as a free action, causing them to disperse. As a move action you can move any number of cloud platforms up to 5 ft/level. Many avatars of the storm use to conveniently lift fellow allies out of a losing battle, for easy and comfortable travel, or to lift enemies into the sky, the dismissing the platforms to cause severe damage. These cloud platforms are not dispersed by wind, and if you have a weather storm summoned you can circumstance bonus to fly speed you get also to the amount of distance you can move the platforms, provided they are moving within the wind storm (as you can use the winds to push them around).

Sky Free
Action: Immediate

You release yourself from any bonds that restrict you. Gain the effect of freedom of movement for 1 round.
Cyclone Rush

Charge an opponent as a standard action without provoking attacks of opportunity from movement, or taking a penalty to AC. Attack twice.

Cyclone Spin

You spin with the force of a powerful cyclone. Make two melee attacks against all opponents within 10 ft.

5th Level Sky Channels
Piercing Sight
Action: swift

Enhancing your sharp avian vision, you see things as they really are. You gain truesight for 1 round. On the following round you can make a Spot check DC 20 to extend the duration of piercing sight for 1 round. You can keep making Spot checks, but the DC increases by 4 every round.

Tornado Rush

Charge an opponent as a standard action without provoking attacks of opportunity from movement, or taking a penalty to AC. Attack twice with a +3 bonus on each attack roll.

Tornado Spin

You spin with the fury of a tornado. Make two melee attacks against all opponents within 15 ft.

6th Level Sky Channels
Falcon Punch
Action: Full round

Channeling the wrath of a thousand hurricanes into your fist, you unleash a punch so mighty it shakes the earth with the catastrophic effect it has to your enemy. Make a melee attack roll with your fist. You can treat it as a martial melee weapon for the purpose of class features. You gain a +10 bonus on this attack roll.

Hurricane Rush

Charge an opponent as a standard action without provoking attacks of opportunity from movement, or taking a penalty to AC. Attack twice with a +6 bonus on each attack roll.

Hurricane Spin

You spin with the fury of a hurricane, slashing all nearby enemies with blades of air. Make two melee attacks against all opponents within 20 ft.

Roar of the Storm

You give a piercing eagle cry, simultaneously infused by the sound of a roaring hurricane, shaking enemies with the force of the winds and empowering the force of your attacks. All enemies within 60 ft must make a fortitude saving throw or be stunned for 1d4 rounds and deafened for 1 minute. You gain a +5 bonus on all attack rolls with wind blasts or melee attacks for the next minute. This sky channel is unique in that it can only be used once every 5 minutes.

Road_Runner
2012-11-27, 12:56 AM
Here are some feats: What do you think?

Feats:

Note: You can take Weapon Focus(air blast) to get a +1 bonus on attack rolls with your air blasts.

Rapid Sky Channel

Benefit: Pick a sky channel you can cast. You can use this sky channel once every 3 rounds instead of once every four rounds. By meditating for 10 minutes, you can change this sky channel to a different one.

Special: You can pick this feat multiple times. Each time choose a different sky channel, and this sky channel also can be used once every 3 rounds instead of once every four rounds. Alternatively, you can choose the same sky channel, provided that it is at least 1 level lower than the maximum level sky channel you can cast, allowing you to use it every 2 rounds.

Blades of Air
Prerequisite: Weapon Focus(air blast)
Benefit: The critical range of your air blast increases to 19-20. However, when you crit, in addition to dealing double damage, you randomly shoot one air blast you have available (this could include a plain air blast).

Note: Only this feat can modify the range/effect of criticalling with air blast. No other feat or ability can modify the criticalling ability of air blast.

Air vortex
Prerequisite: Blades of Air
Benefit: Whenever you use your wind blast, you stir up the air, increasing the power of your storm. If you use wind blast within the area of your storm, increase the amount of zephyr points of your storm by 1.

Cloud Funnel
Prerequisite: Blades of Air, Cloud Spinning
Benefit: As a full round action, your cloud elemental can turn itself into a splitting funnel of air. A least/lesser/greater/grand/elder/grand elder can handle up to a 1/2/3/4/5/6 grade. By targeting your cloud elemental with the wind blast, it can split it into two separate blasts that hit two separate enemies within normal attacking range of the cloud elemental.

Road_Runner
2013-01-04, 11:49 PM
Who's turn is it right now?

Demidos
2013-01-05, 01:27 PM
Also, Both (or at least one of) those flame people should be grappled. And taking damage. On the scale of [roll0] to one and [roll1] to the other if he's grappled.

Road_Runner
2013-01-05, 01:36 PM
What is the also? I think your post may have been swallowed by the forums because I don't see it :smallfrown:

Silva Stormrage
2013-01-05, 02:44 PM
He did it in roll20 when you were AFK. And you are right both are grappled.

Silva Stormrage
2013-02-05, 08:29 PM
Waiting for Gabe to respond to Tyreal until moving to the prison.

Road_Runner
2013-02-06, 12:09 AM
Also Gabe, I'm glad you got your items done, but can you please copy the equipped items into your owned items list (the equip list is just what you're wearing, it doesn't actually indicate you own them).

I can actually do it for you, but I wasn't sure if there were items you wanted to equip, and I'm not sure there's enough room unless you sell some of the existing ones...

Also what's your leftover gold? You should add it into the total at the top. When you sell an item, just delete it from the list and add in its sell price to the top (assuming we go find a merchant).

Road_Runner
2013-04-07, 12:32 PM
Can you place the sage on roll20, just so I know which square he is in exactly?

Also question about delaying, I believe Ryenos's next turn is the 7th round from Ryenos's transformation (unless I'm counting horribly wrong...), but he's been delaying his last turn through each person's turn until he can act. Would the transformation then end at the end of the next turn he takes action? I'm not really sure how durations interact with delaying.

Also how many more rounds is Ryenos nauseated?

Silva Stormrage
2013-04-07, 01:43 PM
Updated the roll20

Ryenos has 1 round left and Barotok can act this round

Demidos
2013-04-07, 05:14 PM
Does tyreal have some way of communicating to Bartok as to his problem? Otherwise I dont see Bartok doing much.

Edit: Is there a passage to the right of Ryenos? Its not very clear.

Road_Runner
2013-04-09, 02:30 PM
Hmm.. ok, so the nauseating cloud seems to cover the entire area basically then? Does Mellos seem to be nauseated by it?

Silva Stormrage
2013-04-09, 03:02 PM
Considering that there is about 3 different kinds of smoke in the air I am going to have to rule that you can't really tell wether or not he is. Right now you can tell he isn't nauseated by his lack obvious movements but you can't tell if he is immune or if he just passed his saves.

Road_Runner
2013-04-18, 03:00 PM
I'm not sure what has been done to the item records, so I'm posting all the changes here before I mark anything...

Gold before prison mission:

Tyrael and Ryenos: 32,103.25

Angel and Bartok: 4172.75

Net value (of all items) before prison mission:

Tyrael and Ryenos: 120,763.25

Angel and Bartok: ... erm, this is impossible to calculate because you have a bunch of equipped items you don't own and items on your character sheet not listed as items owned...

Costs:

Cost for recall stones/consumables (about 300 and something): -???

Tyrael's Items: -60,051.5

I realize we didn't really specify who was carrying what money, so I'm just going to assume he was carrying half my characters money:

32,103.25 / 2 = 16,051.5

+1 Eager Spellstrike/+1 Defending Warning Quarterstaff = 18,000
+2 Ghost Ward Mithral Breastplate = 6,500
Headband of Conscious Effort = 1000
Third Eye Clarity = 1500
Amulet of Natural Armor +1 = 1000
Vest of Wisdom +4 = 8000
Belt of Con +2 = 2000
Gloves of Dex +2 = 2000
Ring of Protection +2 = 4000

Ryenos' mithral breastplate = -2175 (realized I forgot I lost this and didn't buy more armor for the last fight... huh....)

Bartok's resurrection (party cost) = -5000

GP Reward: +2000 for Bartok/Angel,
+1000 for Ryenos

Loot From Bangladesh = 103,297.25 per half of party

Longsword *4 = 30
Daggers * 2 = 2
Club *2 = 0
+5 Mithril Chain Shirt of Resistance +5 = 25000
Anklet of Translocation = 700
Percept of the Professor +4 Int and +6 on int based skill checks = 26000
Poison Sheath (Poisons an weapon 3/day as a swift action. Turns gold pieces into poison of the same market price) = 11000
+2 Chain Shirts * 2 = 4000
+1 Longsword = 1000
+2 Dagger = 4000
+1 Mace = 1000
+1 Warhammer = 1000
+1 Full Plate = 1200
+3 Heavy Shield = 4500
+2 Wrathful Healing Greatsword = 25000
Runestaff of Divination = 10500
Minor Cloak of Displacment = 12000
+1 Soulfire Buckler = 12500
Ring of Evasion = 12500
Bag of Holding (Type III) *2 = 7400
Boots of the Vagabond *2, +2 Luck Init = 4000
Boots of Sidestepping (MiC 77) = 3000
Bracers of Oppurtunity (MIC 81) = 1150
Whitchlight Resivor *3 (MiC 66) = 7500
Rod of Surprises (MiC 58) = 3000
War Wizard's Cloak (MiC 147) = 8000
Beetle Elixir (MiC 151) = 675
Hawkfeather Armor Harp = 6087.5
Amulet of Second Chances = 20000
18000gp

Also, does anybody know what these items are from? They're in the undivided loot section EDIT: Ok its the items we got earlier but never really split up

Value after taking account other party costs: 31853.5 per half of party

.+1 Daggers (8) 1000 gp (8000)
Amulets of +1 NA (3) 1k*3
Metal Heavy Shield 7 gp (donate to church?)
Amulet of Tears (+2 Wisdom, +1 Natural Armor) 3750 Bartok/Angel
Handy Haversack 1k
Scroll of Resurgance * 3 12.5 gp *3
Rod of Extend 1500 gp Bartok
Ring of Deflection +2 4k Angel
Ephod of Athority 400 gp (donate to church?)
Chain Shirts +2 (3) 2k*3
Rod of Metamagic-Chain (med) Uh.....around 27 k sell price Bartok
Vest of Resistance +2 2k
Ring of Deflection +1 1k Bartok
Wisdom +4 Item 18k
Studded Leather (+1) 512.5 gp
Prayer Beads of Karma 10k Bartok
Chain shirt

EDIT:

TOTAL GP VALUES after all calculations should be:

My half: 103,527.5
Demidos's half: 138,823.5

Demidos
2013-04-18, 04:02 PM
I'm not sure what has been done to the item records, so I'm posting all the changes here before I mark anything...

Angel and Bartok: ... erm, this is impossible to calculate because you have a bunch of equipped items you don't own and items on your character sheet not listed as items owned...

Cost for recall stones/consumables (about 300 and something): -???

Also, does anybody know what these items are from? They're in the undivided loot section.

I or somebody else wrote
After costs
31853.5 per half of the party

not sure if that's the sell value...

Sry, will fix.

About 800.

From an earlier battle.

I wrote that. Sell value.

Road_Runner
2013-04-18, 05:50 PM
Sry, will fix.

About 800.

From an earlier battle.

I wrote that. Sell value.

Ah, ok, no problem for now, so you haven't added that in our GP totals yet?

Demidos
2013-04-19, 01:49 AM
Nope. Nor the new stuff either.

Demidos
2013-04-29, 06:40 PM
Guesses for the introduction of the binder:
Orthodox Guesses --

Adventurer from the tavern
Adventurer from the outside
Guard in the employ of a powerful noble
Different squad leader (ala Bartok/Angel)

Unorthodox Guesses --

Aribeth's Long Lost Nephew
Mendalin's Long Lost Nephew
Mello's Long Lost Nephew
Awakened PAOed Hippopotamus from the zoo
Leader of a mining expedition that accidentally dug under the city and got stuck there
One of the original city founders, found in stasis and revived
Shoes, candles, and trees. Enough said.
The messiah of the local cult of Teron
A prisoner of the local temple of teron
A psychically reformatted, reincarnated former recurring character.
Bacon

Road_Runner
2013-05-04, 02:59 PM
Hey, finally finished character ( Karsites have such specific physical descriptions... hard to find a picture so I ended up just using a photo editor).

Meet Grazan Shawrax (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=559443)

Pic/Backstory

http://i39.tinypic.com/dqpx7a.jpg

Grazan grew up in the Arathon Confederation, in a city called Ezrael. There was much conflict between his and neighboring cities, however Grazan found the fighting damaging and pointless. He was raised by his mother who worked as a cleric at the local temple. Grazan tried to study divine magic as a young adult, but found himself unable to grasp even the most basic of orisons. He made a sorceress friend named Natalie who didn’t mind his strange appearance, but she also failed to teach him magic. He become frustrated and dispassionate, as since a young child he was awed by magic and hoped to one day master it himself. Discouraged, he decided to try and become a strong warrior while working to manage the archives at the temple. While at the temple, he discovered some ancient texts describing an ancient art of summoning fallen deities. Curious, he studied the practices involved and attempted one of the ancient rituals. In shock, he found himself confronted with the manifestation of the three-headed dog, Naberius. He experimentally tried contact with the vestige, and managed to form a bond. Surprised and excited at his power, he eagerly practiced summoning more vestiges, and becomes a proficient binder of these ancient and forgotten demigods. He confided in Natalie, and she helped use her magic of illusions to hide his signs for him when he failed a proper binding. He eventually told his mother Yuna, who urged him never to tell anyone else, worried that he will be easily ostracized after already standing out with his silver hair and mismatched eyes. A couple years later, his mother left him to go assist her sister in neighboring city, as a plague strikes after a recent attack from another city leaves the only cleric of the town dead. At the same time, an attack strikes Ezrael, and Grazan and Natalie help defend the city. Natalie falls in critical condition from a hail of arrows. Grazan, in a desperate attempt to save her quickly binds the Grandmother vestige, Buer, but in his haste he fails to make a proper binding, and her sign manifests as satyr hooves. An old sage spots Grazan healing Natalie on the outskirts of the battle, recognizing his sign, calling him a demon summoner. The man threatens to kill Grazan and his mother, and in desperation Grazan kills the feeble sage, whose name is Zeddros. (Zeddros was a friendly and kind old man who performed favors for the townspeople, who unfortunately had very superstitious beliefs about anything that appeared “unnatural”). Grazan was relieved to save Natalie, but found himself plagued with nightmares and guilt for killing the old man. His nightmares turned real when Zeddros rises from the grave as a spectral ghost to haunt him. He begs the old man for forgiveness, but the ghost of Zeddros is unrelenting. After months of suffering, Natalie finally figures out a way to banish the ghost and bring the old sage peace, unfortunately not before the ghost warns several townpeople about Grazan’s powers. Grazan is still haunted by the memory of the old sage and a sadness for what he was forced to do, creating a vengeful spirit out of a once nice old man, and as a result has a deep reverence for ghosts (although he does not pity the evil ghosts that exist solely to hurt others). As people become suspicious of Grazan and his practices, he decides it is best to leave his city, and find his path elsewhere. Natalie too decides to leave, for although the townspeople tolerate her, they still are very uncomfortable with her association with Grazan.
Natalie and Grazan decide to head to Gilnian city, where Natalie’s uncle Davion stands as one of the heads of the guard. Natalie eventually gets a position as an arcane consultant and diplomat, travelling occasionally to facilitate relations with the Kingdom of Norrath and the Sylvian League. Grazan joins the guard, working as a healer for the city temple on the side.

Anyways, Gabe while I was giving Grazan the right eye color I noticed your characters were kind of boring, so I spruced them up a bit.

Angel Before (ahem, rather boring):

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lRZYVvQGDC0/UAbU6BZCbUI/AAAAAAAAAX8/WtIwrE3EWXU/s1600/Angel_of_death-s800x541-170643.jpg
Angel After(now properly scary):
http://i41.tinypic.com/339ixpd.jpg

Bartok Before (again, yawn)
http://www.consupport.com/genconindy2004/images/marshal_hennet.jpg
Bartok After (much more magicky)
http://i41.tinypic.com/iepd2b.gif

You're welcome.

Yes I'm awesome