PDA

View Full Version : Pathfinder Prehistoric Tribe INC

Croverus
2012-07-18, 06:59 AM
The beating of drums and blowing of horns called all members of the Dreckars Tribe to meal. The Drecksharn brought out the game they had caught that day while the Drecknal began cooking the meats, gathering together the herbs and fruits and portioning everything out. Wind Caller and her three apprentices gives thanks to the spirits of the land, as do all Drackratoosh and many of the other tribemembers.

Chieftan Stronebreaker takes up position at the head of the largest fire, speaking to several scouts. The Dreckars had set camp for almost five days and the herd they followed was already beginning to move on, so in the next day or two the tribe would be taking down their huts and readying to move to the next location. Silver Eyes keeps watch over the food preparation, ensuring that no member of the tribe attempts to stuff a scrap into thier garments, though it was rare for a Dreckars man or woman to ever need to steal.

You all have risen in your respective castes and shown the heads of the tribe great promise. You perform your usual tasks during meals, some of you are good friends, others just know eachother by name. Some of you prefer to eat within your own caste, or with specific groups within your caste. The Beast Riders tend to all eat as a group, fedding their mounts while they eat and discussing hunting and fighting patterns. Including Oncoming Storm and the Chieftain there are five other beast riders, four of whom follow the path of the Tribe as their Chieftain does devoting their entire life and purpose to their kin, while the fifth beast rider is one of the Dreckroogah of the clan and follows the path of the lion, devoting himself to defending the Chieftain above all others. The Dreckratoosh often all eat together, though they make up less than a third of the tribe and most are druids, oracles, or witches.

Zman
2012-07-18, 09:39 AM
Dragons Fire

Dragons fire hadn't been present for a full gathering in half a moons passing. He had been with the frontrunners scouting the herds and terrain ahead. Often times he and a few others may be alone for a long time, fending for themselves and living off the food they could procure for themselves.

He sat, wearing naught but his traveling leathers, his naked skin full of small scars that told the story of his life. Dragons Fire sat eating his meal in peace and quiet as it always took him some time to become accustomed to speaking again, his life often led in the quiet hunt of survival.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-18, 11:40 AM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm brings a small bag of feed for Lightning. Though a humble animal compared to his father's massive wolf, the horse has a noble air to it that complements its master well. Once Lightning is munching contentedly, Oncoming Storm joins his father and brothers in arms.

"Father? Are we ready to begin?" he says, not even bothering to take some food while there was strategy to discuss.

Sodalite
2012-07-18, 01:58 PM
Eyes of Milk

Milk had begun the meal with the other dreacktaroosh, and earlier than that had greeted his mother when she came back with the other dracksharn, but now he was slowly wondering away from the others. He also had an inedibly larger, but fairly tender chunk of meat in his mouth, though he wasn't trying to eat it. He was, in fact, slowly sneaking away from the rest, trying to go and feed Buried Alive. When he arrived at the outside of the tribe's current settlement, and the little mound of dirt that Buried Alive had made for himself. Milk gave the meat to Buried Alive after tearing up into manageable chunks.

Milk said to Buried Alive, "Keep yourself well, Buried Alive. We are moving again soon, and I may have duties to attend to which will keep me from caring for you. He then left him, and hurried back to the rest of the tribe, hoping he hadn't missed anything important.

wisesage
2012-07-18, 09:12 PM
Ragnar

Ragnar had taken his position along with the other scouts. After the discussion with the chief. He starts to exchange the usual stories with the other scouts as he pops slices of fruits to his mouth. When he spots Matilda, all words have gone from his chest as he continues eating without tasting the food.

He glances to the left and sees green beside Matilda. His right hand started gathering the right portion of small bones to throw at him after the meal and when his back is turned.

TrueDiviner
2012-07-18, 11:35 PM
Varzen

After making sure that the spoils of his last hunt were well spread out among the Dreckars, Varzen caught the eye of a few of his fellow Drecksharn who were feasting at a nearby table. There was an empty spot next to Arka of Spears, and Varzen was eager to banish the hunger that crept upon him during the hunt.

Before he sat down, he turned to his Eidolon, Saber. Though Saber was as tough as always, his eyes showed that he was a tad weary from the day's work. "Why don't you take a quick rest?" Varzen asked. Though he would never admit it, Saber needed a break every now and then. With a few quick motions of the hand, Varzen recited an incantation to send Saber to the mystical realm from which he came.

After enjoying a meal with his comrades and friends, Varzen lingered around the area for a bit longer, wondering where his brother Heart Of Beast was.

Arkwright
2012-07-19, 12:26 AM
Heart of Beast

Heart of Beast emerges from the darkness outside the feasting ground, chucking a pig nearly half again as large as his slender flame next to the fire. He grabs a plate of meat, greeting his Drecksharn friends before going over to Varzen.

"Apologies for being late, brother- unlike you and Saber, I hunt better at night." He clasps Varzen on the forearm in greeting, and goes over to the Dreckratoosh table to sit next to Walks On Air.

Croverus
2012-07-23, 04:57 AM
Chieftain Stonebreaker pauses in thought, stroking his graying goatee. He look to his son and the other Beast Riders, all eager to hear the news and take on a task. He nods, patting his son on the shoulder and standing, the instruments come to a stop and everyone pauses in the conversation, turning their heads to listen to the Cheiftain as he speaks. His voice is deep and strong, rumbling up from his throat like a growling avalanche.

"Our scouts tell me they have spotted signs of a tribe in the lands ahead, possibly more than one. They are likely small and savage. I will need volunteers to go ahead with out lead scout Raptoreyes to find the tribes and see if we can establish peaceful means with them. But if they are too savage, the group will have full permissions to take matters into their won hands. My son, Oncoming Storm, will lead the group. Who will assist him?"

He looked around, his eyes resting breifly on each of you, almost expecting a response from all of you specifically. The tribe buzzes with groups talking it out. Most people were so busy with their personal work, the more experianced members would be too busy witht heir responsibilities to go with Oncoming Storm on the Journey.

Zman
2012-07-23, 08:30 AM
Dragon's Fire

Dragons Fire simple stands, a basic acknowledgement of his duty.

Sodalite
2012-07-23, 11:32 AM
Eyes of Milk

Milk stands in kind after Dragon's Fire. He feels guilty, even though he had done at least something help prepare Buried.

TrueDiviner
2012-07-23, 04:20 PM
Varzen

Varzen respectfully bows to Chieftan Stonebreaker as he approaches. "I will gladly assist Oncoming Storm with this task," he says.

Arkwright
2012-07-23, 07:12 PM
Heart of Beast

Heart of Beast whispers to his friend "It would seem you'll have to teach me that flying trick of yours later, Walks on Air."

He stands up and looks at the group with a toothy grin. "Sounds like fun, chief. I offer my claws and strength if you'll have me."

wisesage
2012-07-24, 12:57 AM
Ragnar

He looks at Matilda and sees an opportunity to impress her. He shot his hands up I'll volunteer for the good of matil... I mean for the tribe. He glances at green who sneered at Ragnar while Ragnar shot a look which indicates that green couldn't handle this mission.

hoverfrog
2012-07-24, 11:45 AM
Burned Bear

"It would be good to stretch my legs and meet with this other tribe, puny as they no doubt are next to our might. They may even have things worthy of trade and who better than to seek them out than Burned Bear?" He thumps his chest as he boasts. Though he has earned no victories of his own he is eager to prove himself.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-24, 10:39 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm stands as his father calls for warriors to aid in his journey. Part of him is surprised, as he had not been told this would be his duty, and he worried in the back of his mind about what would happen if he was gone too long. But he does not let it show, as he realizes his father's wisdom in sending his own son as an ambassador and if needed, a warchief in his own right.

"Father, everyone, I thank you for the trust you've placed in me, to think me fit to be the leader of this band. I hope to prove I am worthy of that trust, and welcome the support of all who have volunteered. The journey will be difficult and we may not see our loved ones again for many moons. All who would ride with me, raise your hands with mine! Who would be my battle brothers?"

He raises a fist into the air.

Croverus
2012-07-24, 11:08 PM
Cheiftain Stonebreaker nods as he sees all those that volunteer. "Very well. Our group is established. Storm, my son, you should get to know those that will be riding out with you. The advance party will leave at first light witht he great fire in the sky has peeked over the edges of the world. Make your preperations tonight, you are releived of any other duties you normally have to prepare yourselves for this task. For now, eat up and get your stomachs full, enjoy the company of the Tribe while you can." He nods, finishing his speech with a great roar of encouragement, other tribesman adding their own growls, snarls, hisses, and whistles, noises that the great scaley gods that blessed the tribe with speech used.

Zman
2012-07-24, 11:19 PM
Dragons Fire

Standing, the bronze skinned man gave a look of longing towards the beautiful Silken Tree, before quickly making his way to his leader, "I am ready." having not had the time to settle after returning from scouting early that day, Dragons fire had only to grab a small amount of food before he was ready to depart. Dragons Fire prided himself on his self sufficiency and physical prowess.

Silken Tree is a named love interest, niece of Wind Caller the Shameness.

Sodalite
2012-07-24, 11:33 PM
Eyes of Milk

Eyes' meal mostly consists of fruits, indulging a sweet tooth he ordinarily cannot. After that, he also walks over to Storm.

"I'm glad you'll take me on with you, as well. It seems few other drecktaroosh have offered themselves, so I hope what services I might provide will be helpful to the journey."

hoverfrog
2012-07-25, 12:41 AM
Burned Bear

Tearing a leg from the roasting meat Burned Bear goes to stand with the others. "We are commanded to fill our stomachs," he takes a huge bite and waves to limb to indicate the choicest parts of the feast.

"There is auroch, honey glazed and succulent and brought down with my own hand. Here is leaf roasted JuJu bird. Hedgehog boiled in clay ready for the peeling and a stew of apples and hog sausage. Let us feast so that tomorrow we have the strength to race to this other tribe. We will be fat while they are skinny. Our arms will shine with oil and ochre while they will be dull and green with swamp water. Our flints will be sharp while their bone knives break. Are we not the strongest and the fastest and the most skilled?" His boasting has given him a thirst and he looks around for a cup of fermented juice to quench it.

wisesage
2012-07-25, 04:42 AM
Ragnar

His hands still in the air as he turns around to bump into Green. Green grabs Ragnar by his tunic Is this another of your pranks you stupid monkey? Ragnar presses onto Green's face so hard that one can almost hear the grinding of their skulls At least I'm not some scared rodent like you . The two continues to growl and grind their foreheads against each other till Matilda attempts to calm down the two. Ragnar immediately pulls back while Green lets him go. He walks away from Green and Matilda and makes his way back home to prepare for the trip.

TrueDiviner
2012-07-25, 11:58 AM
Varzen

Varzen heads over to one of the tribe's fires, grabbing a quick bite to eat before the long journey ahead. After he has his fill, he stops by Arka of Spears. "Good luck with the hunt, as always. I'm afraid I won't be able to help out while I'm on this quest with Oncoming Storm. I'm sure a hunter of your skill won't have any trouble picking up the slack though."

After they say their goodbyes for now, Varzen gathers his traveling gear and summons his Eiodolon, Saber. He then finds Oncoming Storm and says "I'm ready to go when you are."

wisesage
2012-07-25, 08:00 PM
Ragnar

He gathers all of his gear in a goat skin bag as he walks over to Varzen and Oncoming storm

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-26, 12:51 AM
Oncoming Storm

"Thank you for your eagerness. But first, there's something I must attend to."

He leaves, ostensibly to gather his things and prepare Lightning, but first he pauses among the Drecknal, looking for Cloud Singer. He couldn't leave without saying good bye.

Croverus
2012-07-28, 10:56 AM
((Breaking NPC action up into small paragraphs based on the fact that all of you more or less left the NPC you'd interacted with. I'm posting any NPC reactions that might be improtant for you.))

Silken Tree watches Dragon's Fire, her gaze meeting his witha blush of red on her cheeks before she looks away, giggling with her friend Eyes of Dove.

Green scowls after Ragnar, then glances at Matilda, who glares at him for trying to start something. Cowed by her withering gaze he huffs and walks off to join some of the other Drecknal.

Arka of Spears chuckles at Varzen's words and claps him on the shoulder, "No worries, by the time you get back I'll have surpassed you for largest kill this season." He smiles and then biws Varzen farewell, going to finish his meal.

Oncoming Storm finds Cloud Singer playing with several kids, telling them a story about why the moon changes shape. She glances up as he approaches and smiles, "We'll have to finish the story another time little ones. I need to speak to the Chieftain's son about his trip." They roll their eyes and scatter to play while she sighs. "You and the others are going to be gone for a while, aren't you?"

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-28, 12:18 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm frowns.

"So it would seem. We will probably not see each other for many moons. I will not return until I am certain the task set for us is done."

Croverus
2012-07-29, 05:32 PM
She nods, taking off her necklace and placing it in his hands. It is a carved piece of turtle shell in the shape of a great cat. "Keep them, and yourself, safe. And keep this to remember me by. I know you'll do our Tribe proud." She smiles, blinking away tears as she touches his cheek, then turns to go back to her mother.

If everyone is ready and packed your group can leave now, or wait until morning, though you've all alreayd said your goodbyes so it may be best not not wait.

Zman
2012-07-29, 05:53 PM
Dragon's Fire

Grimacing as he sees those around him so connected to other, Dragon's Fire had always been most comfortable alone in the wilderness.

"We have little reason to delay."

Sodalite
2012-07-29, 07:10 PM
Eyes of Milk

"I agree. I've done all I know to do in preparation." As he says this, though, he realizes he's not spoken to anyone form his own family. He needn't stir those fires, though.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-29, 11:02 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm puts the necklace on as he frowns and watches her leave.

At the suggestion of leaving early, he shakes his head.

"There is no sense in leaving while tired. We should be well-rested before departing."

Arkwright
2012-07-30, 06:25 AM
While the others are saying their goodbyes, Heart Of Beast walks back and crouches to share a few words with Walks On Air. "I'll be off on the mission, Air. Mind looking after the tribe for me?" he says with a quick grin. Walks On Air smiles back with a nod, and Beast discreetly reaches out and squeezes her hand before withdrawing. "We'll all be back soon; and half my food plate at the return feast says that i've learnt more new tricks than you have by then."

He then moves to Oncoming Storm and his face becomes serious. "Are you certain, tribesman? Each our we delay is an hour of scouting lost; and the day a single hunt exhausts me is the day I throw myself upon the cooking fire. I am sure the others feel similarly."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-07-30, 06:30 AM
I thought this feast and stuff was happening at night, after everyone's duties for the day had been finished. Of course people would be tired and need sleep! :smallconfused:

Arkwright
2012-07-30, 07:26 AM
*shrugs* I was factoring in a time imperative and that we are all big and burly prehistoric tribesman with the fitness of Kenyan runners and hence would be fine with some night time travel. And yes I know that some of us are casters but we would still be very physically fit. If this was a mistake, then apologies and nevermind.

hoverfrog
2012-07-30, 08:22 AM
Burned Bear is confident that his strength and stamina will carry him easily through the night and the next day but knows how feeble many others are next to him, "What say we compromise? How about an early start. When the false dawn begins to light the morning sky and the white moon begins her fall we will be ready to leave. That is good hunting time."

He looks around for Wind Caller or perhaps one of the apprentices and shouts out, "What do the spirits say? Should we leave sooner or later?"

TrueDiviner
2012-07-30, 09:38 AM
Varzen

Varzen listens to his companions, and finds the most sense in a compromise.

"I do not think that we should delay for too long, but beginning a journey while some of us might be fatigued is unwise. I agree with Burned Bear, we should compromise. I have also found the twilight to be a time of good hunting. Those we are scouting probably need rest as well, and should not be outside of our reach should we rest also."

Croverus
2012-08-01, 08:57 AM
If none of your group is against it all of you camp out a short distance from the main Tribe and rest there. You all wake early when the horizon first begins to glow with the false dawn. The main tribe willl wake when the great light begins to peek over the horizon, which isn't for some time. Your group packs their things and without any more delay heads out into the tall grasses.

Everyone roll me a perception check

Zman
2012-08-01, 09:39 AM
Dragon's Fire

Dragons Fire is an early riser, even amount the warriors and scouts making an early start. As they make their start, his keen eyes are always moving, looking for danger.

Perception[roll0] addle due pig, addle due

hoverfrog
2012-08-01, 10:42 AM
Bleary eyed and head pounding from the late night revels and fermented berry juice he'd quaffed last night mean that Burned Bear has trouble waking properly. "YAWN, time to go already?"

Perception [roll0]

Sodalite
2012-08-01, 12:05 PM
Eyes of Milk

Eyes of Milk himself wasn't too well rested, as he was tormented by terrors of what may come for them, for their tribe, or for Buried. He was able to push through it, though, a least somewhat by the time they left.

Perception: [roll0]

TrueDiviner
2012-08-01, 04:28 PM
Varzen

Varzen wakes up, eager to meet the challenges of the mission ahead.

Rolling Perception [roll0]

Arkwright
2012-08-01, 08:47 PM
Heart Of Beast yawns and picks himself up from the log he had been resting against. In a tired daze, he carefully draws a small circle with ornate markings in the dirt, muttering as he goes, and when the final stroke is completed a burst of smoke erupts. Out of the smoke walks the tall blue creature that is Heart Of Beast, who stretches and jumps high into the air as new energy courses through him.

He looks around and thinks "Should I say a last goodbye to Walks On Air... no, this early she'd gut me like a fish." He joins the group and heads out into the grasses.

Perception: 1d20+4

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-01, 11:14 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm wakes and springs into action quickly, mounting Lightning and taking point.

wisesage
2012-08-02, 01:47 AM
Ragnar

He packs up his gear. He starts to make some friendly Banter with the group. He looks at Varzen. "That's quite a big friend you have" He glances towards Saber "How did you meet him?"

TrueDiviner
2012-08-02, 08:08 PM
Varzen

Varzen chuckles, as he fondly remembers his first time ever summoning Saber. "Well, it's hard to say - we didn't just meet. When my parents were still around, they taught me that my younger brother and I had the power to call beings to our aid. The first few times I tried to summon him, it didn't work. And one night, when I felt that I really wanted to prove myself...to become a hunter...I was able to summon him. It's like I saw his image before he even appeared, and I knew that he was a fierce, loyal creature, and a friend. I was able to call him, because I sort of already knew him, even though I had never met him before. It's hard to explain."

Varzen turns to Ragnar. "Enough about me - what is your story?"

wisesage
2012-08-03, 05:01 AM
Ragnar

( [roll0] bluff check)

I'm... doing it for the tribe of course He said as he runs his palm over his bag.

hoverfrog
2012-08-04, 01:14 AM
"Ha, aren't we all, Ragnar," Burned Bear tightens his backback straps and lifts his earthbreaker over one shoulder, "but just think of the glory and the honour we'll earn meeting this new tribe. I'll bet that songs will be sung about us when we return."

Sense motive [roll0]

Sodalite
2012-08-04, 01:35 AM
Eyes of Milk

Eyes was silent through most of the conversation, mostly because even to himself, he wasn't sure why I he had volunteered. He felt, though, that it was because he simply wanted to learn about the new tribe, and perhaps more deeply, that volunteering might clear the air with some of his family.

Zman
2012-08-04, 07:35 AM
Dragons Fire

For GM

While he others converse, Dragons Fire slowly and discreetly begins to flank the source of the noise, looking for any indication of what or who is there. Yes, I'm using them as bait.

Readied action, draw weapons and charge.

Croverus
2012-08-04, 10:09 PM
For Zman
Give me one more perception check at a +2 bonus since you know where you are looking.

Everyone else can roll another perception check to noticed Dragon Fire moving away, but if you're engaged in the conversation you will be at a -2 penalty.

Zman
2012-08-04, 10:23 PM
Dragons Fire

As he sneaks, he attempts to get a better look at his prey.

Draws Weapons while Strealthing thanks to Party diversion
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

I'm happy with both of those.

TrueDiviner
2012-08-04, 10:37 PM
Varzen

To Ragnar:: "Ah, of course. How foolish of me to ask."

Sense Motive on Ragnar: [roll0]
Perception, with -2: [roll1]

Sodalite
2012-08-04, 10:52 PM
Eyes of Milk

Though he wasn't occupied talking to the others, he entered deep thought, and completely failed to notice Storm moving away from the group.

Perception: 1d20+2

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-04, 11:35 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm remains vigilant, noticing Dragon's Fire going off on his own.

"DRAGON'S FIRE! WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!"

Croverus
2012-08-05, 12:11 AM
Dragons Fire gets a good look at the creatures just before Oncoming Storm shouts out, alerting everyone, including the creatures, what was going on. A group of five small, lizard-like humanoids yip and raise their spears, two charging at Dragons Fire while the other three charge the main group, attacking the closest people they can. They all seem nearly starved, their small bodies thin and eyes desperate with hunger, they had maintened such good camoflouge thanks to deep forrest green hide. All five wield a spear tipped with stone and wear crude leather armor. Dragons Fire will have enough time to react at the same time as these creatures, but everyone else in the group is caught by surprise.

The creatures and Dragons Fire get a surprise round action, then everyone roll initiative. Also, for those of you that speak Draconic you can hear them shouting: 'food! food for the nest!'

Creatures: Initiative [roll0]

One Attacks Varzen: [roll1] for [roll2] piercing
One Attacks Ragnar: [roll3] for [roll4] piercing, it's weapon cracks along the shaft and is damaged
One Attacks Oncoming Storm: [roll5] for [roll6] piercing
The two others attack Dragons Fire: [roll7] for [roll8] piercing and the other [roll9] for [roll10] piercing

Arkwright
2012-08-05, 12:18 AM
Initiative
[roll0]

Zman
2012-08-05, 12:21 AM
Dragons Fire

His cover blown, Dragons Fire roars, "Aarghh!!" charging into battle with his punching daggers ready...

Initiative [roll0]

Rage
Move

Attack Enemy 1 [roll1]
Critical [roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Attack Enemy 2 [roll4]
Critical [roll5]
Damage [roll6]

Croverus
2012-08-05, 12:28 AM
Dragons Fire buries one punching dagger into the chest of the first creature before it can move, slamming it against a tree. He swings his arm at the other which manages to avoid his attack, while it likewise misses him with its spear. The other creatures charge the group, one damaging its weapon as it stabs widly at Ragnar, only a single creature manages to clip Oncoming Storm wiht its spear, drawing a red line on his arm.

Creatures actions for round 1 now that surprise round is over.
One Attacks Varzen: [roll0] for [roll1] piercing
One Attacks Ragnar: [roll2] for [roll3] (minimum 1)piercing
One Attacks Oncoming Storm: [roll4] for [roll5] piercing
One Attacks Dragons Fire: [roll6] for [roll7] piercing

Zman
2012-08-05, 12:38 AM
Dragons Fire

After missing with his offhand, he brings both down at the small figure... Driving one fist through its should while the other pierced it's skull...

Could you post order, sorry if this is ahead of schedule

Attack Enemy 1 [roll0]
Critical [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Attack Enemy 1 [roll3]
Critical [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

Sodalite
2012-08-05, 12:41 AM
Eyes of Milk

Eyes snaps out of his thought and manages to jump away after Dragon's Fire attacks. Once a bit farther away from the little creatures, he readies himself to lob a bomb the enemies' way.

Initiative: [roll0]

Croverus
2012-08-05, 12:41 AM
Dragons Fire quickly leaves two criss crossed gashes on the creature, killing it easilly.

Current established order is
Dragons Fire with Init 23
Burning Bear with Init 19
Eyes of Milk with Init 10
Oncoming Storm with Init 9
Creatures with Init 7
Heart of Beast with Init 5

Waiting on everyone else to roll Init and join the order. If you roll higher than 7 your action occurs before the creatures go, if it is lower than you go after they do.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-05, 12:56 AM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm raises his spear and rides forth, shouting a war cry.

hoverfrog
2012-08-05, 03:39 AM
Roaring to cover his shock at being surprised Burned Bear charges the nearest group of lizard creatures.

Initiative [roll0]

wisesage
2012-08-05, 04:13 AM
Ragnar

[roll]1d20[roll] initiative

Was taken by surprised with the attack. He readies his bow and targets the closest target

[roll]1d20[roll] attack

Arkwright
2012-08-05, 06:47 AM
The tall blue creature that is Heart of Beast raises its greataxe and charges at the nearest enemy with a guttural, eldritch roar, aiming for its neck with a fearsome blow.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage (if hit): [roll1]

Croverus
2012-08-05, 07:01 AM
Ragnar

[roll]1d20[roll] initiative

Was taken by surprised with the attack. He readies his bow and targets the closest target

[roll]1d20[roll] attack

The second [roll]'s you're using should have [/ in them. Otherwise nothing happens. Also you can have the modifiers within the roll to make figuring out your total more easilly.

Everyone who has rolled initiative already please post your actions for Round 1, everything will happen in the correct order.

hoverfrog
2012-08-05, 07:44 AM
Burned Bear charges into the midst of the group of three, swinging his stone earthbreaker in a vicious arc.

Attack roll [roll0]
Critical x3 [roll1]
Damage [roll2]
If I hit and down one then Cleave the nearest
Attack roll [roll3]
Critical x3 [roll4]
Damage [roll5]

wisesage
2012-08-06, 01:25 AM
Ragnar

Initiative

[roll]1d20 sling

if I was able to hit 1d4

Move action will be to move towards a good place to hide

Croverus
2012-08-06, 02:57 AM
Ragnar

Initiative [roll0]

[roll0] sling

if I was able to hit [roll1]

Move action will be to move towards a good place to hide

Also, you can't put rolls in edits. They have to be in the origional post.

And I'm waiting for an attack from Oncoming Storm.

Edit: ... but since you had their format right... they worked in my post... I'll count it.

TrueDiviner
2012-08-06, 09:36 AM
Varzen

After taking a hit, Varzen is ready to turn the tables on these creatures.

If I can, use a spear (melee) on the nearest target,
To hit: [roll1]
If hit: [roll2]

Saber will also do the same, except with his bite.
Bite: [roll3]
If Hit: [roll4]

Croverus
2012-08-06, 10:58 AM
Varzan strikes true with his spear, planting it in one of the creatures chests and dropping it with a clean thrust. Ragnar strikes one in the head with a stone and it falls to the ground, but it appears to be out cold, not dead. Burning Bear swing his earthbreaker and hits the third in the head, which is snapped sidewise into an angle that it cannot have survived, his swing follows through and just barely misses to crush the unconcious one. None of the creatures remain standing, so Oncoming Storm has none to target, unless he wishes to kill the helpless creature.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-06, 11:13 AM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm, not wanting the creature to suffer, ends its life with one clean spear stroke.

Then he turns to Dragon's Fire.

"WHAT IN THE SPIRITS' NAMES WERE YOU THINKING?!"

hoverfrog
2012-08-06, 11:30 AM
Burned Bear roars furiously into the brush in an effort to scare any others that might be hiding into revealing their presence.

Intimidate check (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/intimidate) [roll0] and if they are smaller than me I get an extra +4 as well.
Perception check [roll1]

If no creatures jump out from behind bushes or such he searches the corpse of the one he slew and collects a trinket (a claw, a tooth, whatever is easy to sew onto clothing and not too smelly) for his victory.

Croverus
2012-08-06, 11:40 AM
A handful of birds and small scavengers who were attracted by the sound of battle scatter, but no other lizard creatures can be seen. Burning Bear has no trouble pulling out one of their teeth as a trophy. They have nothing of any sort of value, their weapons inferior in quality to the weapons the Tribe makes and too small to be of use to the Tribe. Their armor is minimal and too badly damaged to even be useful for salvage. But their use of the spears denotes they were intelligent, and their malnourished bodies indicate they likely attacked out of a desperation for food.

TrueDiviner
2012-08-06, 12:36 PM
Varzen

Varzen turns to his fellow party members as he rubs his small wounds. "I would also like to know what just happened there."

Zman
2012-08-06, 12:39 PM
Dragons Fire

In response to Oncoming Storm through gritted teeth, "Getting the drop on an enemy, until you gave me away!"

Dragons Fire is breathing heavy, his rage draining away...

End rage

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-07, 12:25 AM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm glares.

"You should have told us you suspected enemies in the first place! What if, while you were "getting the drop on the enemy," they attacked and killed one of us? No tactical advantage is worth that. I would not sacrifice your life to gain such an advantage and neither should you sacrifice our lives just for the glory of the kill, Dragon's Fire!"

Zman
2012-08-07, 05:07 AM
Dragons Fire

"Or are you just mad that for all of your self importance that you walked into an ambush set by these little...things. If one of these could get the drop on us and get a kill, it's the natural order, bettering of our stock and blood.". Dragons Fire walks away from Oncoming Storm before he fully loses his temper, what right does he have to lecture, he is no chief yet.

hoverfrog
2012-08-07, 07:11 AM
Burned Bear

"Does anyone know what these little things are? They look like lizard people. Do any still live that we might question them?" He looks over the bodies and sees that all are dead,We should invent a name for them if nobody recognised them. They were bold and fearless for such little creatures. Too bold against such powerful warriors as we.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-07, 08:47 AM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm follows after Dragon's Fire, calming down somewhat after the initial shock of the event.

"Dragon's Fire, there's no place for that kind of attitude on this mission! We must work and act as one if we are to survive. If you spot an ambush, alert us before flanking them. We are trusting each other with our lives here, and its important not to gamble with them, natural order or no."

Arkwright
2012-08-07, 09:44 AM
The tension defusing, Heart of Beast straps his axe onto his back. He walks over to join Burned Bear. "They were starving. Look at the thinness of their frames. Hunger gives creatures the strength of ten... while they live." The tall blue beast leans down and solemnly closes their eyes one by one. "Poor creatures."

TrueDiviner
2012-08-07, 10:10 AM
Varzen

Varzen listens to his brother, nodding in agreement. "Indeed, brother, they were mad with hunger. I am curious, however - these creatures were smart enough to ambush us and use weapons, yet they were not smart enough to go after weaker game? It makes me think that these creatures either aren't too bright, or that they come from a place where animals and food aren't so abundant as they were by our tribe."

Croverus
2012-08-07, 10:20 AM
Oncoming Storm and Dragons Fire, give me a Perception chesk, -2 penalty. Anyone else can give me a check as well but you'll be at -6 for distance and trying to filter out the two arguing.

hoverfrog
2012-08-07, 10:22 AM
"If they eat their own dead then we've left their tribe a fine meal." Wondering if perhaps that was going too far Burned Bear starts to pile the bodies up and to search for rocks to cover them. "Well, we do not know their funeral rites but we are too close to the tribe to want to attract hyenas and bears and the like."

"Someone should probably run back to the tribe and tell them we were attacked and by what. The look outs should take extra care for the next few nights." He makes as fast a job of covering the bodies as he can. If someone runs back to the tribe and delivers a message then by the time they return the dead should be well covered.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-07, 10:31 AM
Oncoming Storm

TrueDiviner
2012-08-07, 10:53 AM
Varzen

hoverfrog
2012-08-07, 11:30 AM
Burned Bear

Perception [roll0]

Zman
2012-08-07, 12:07 PM
Dragons Fire

[roll0]

Arkwright
2012-08-08, 07:23 AM
Heart of Beast hesitates, then turns back and bends over their bodies. "They were starving and weak, and yet they attacked our group. Bravery and desperation drove them. They deserve the warrior's rite."

Carefully he lifts their eyelids open, facing upwards. Heart of Beast emits a mighty cry, a roar to the sky sending birds flying from the nearest trees.

He arises, and moves back in step with his comrades.

Croverus
2012-08-08, 02:04 PM
The group finishes giving the creatures the rights and then burying them, then moves on, seeing no other signs. The great fire has risen now into the sky and nears its halfway point and your group had been traveling now for some time, skirting the boundry between the grasslands and the forest to the south. You all hear the distinct sound of running water coming from the further beyond the trees.

Zman
2012-08-08, 02:51 PM
Dragons Fire

With the distant sound of running water, Dragons Fire opens his eyes and ears fully knowing that fresh water is surrounded by life...

Perception[roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-08, 03:39 PM
Oncoming Storm

Riding at the head of the group once more, Oncoming Storm watches for trouble.

hoverfrog
2012-08-08, 04:07 PM
Burned Bear

After walking half the day something more than dried fruit and meat are needed for an evening meal. Sling at the ready, Burned Bear watches for birds about to take flight or for a hog or other small beast he can take down from a distance.

Perception check [roll0]
Survival (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/skills/survival) check [roll1]

Also while I'm keeping an eye out see if anything in the local flora or fauna is amiss.
Knowledge (Nature) check [roll2]

TrueDiviner
2012-08-08, 08:30 PM
Varzen

After missing the earlier ambush by the lizard creatures, Varzen tries harder to keep his wits about him. He also scans the local area for anything that could be of use, in addition to game that the party could hunt for future meals.

Survival: [roll1]
Knowledge (nature): [roll2]

Croverus
2012-08-10, 07:33 AM
You manage to hear splashing footsteps from the direction of the stream, and someone crying out, possibly for help. The voice sounds female and likely humanoid.

hoverfrog
2012-08-10, 07:40 AM
"Someone needs our help. That way," Burned Bear points in the direction of the yelling and sets off at a run, all thought of stealth forgotten.

40' movement rate times four. How far away are they?

Zman
2012-08-10, 07:50 AM
Dragons Fire

"Wait!"

Dragons Fire yells before drawing his punching daggers and following in pursuit quickly catching him quickly at a relatively light sprint...

40' x 5 and I keep my Dex bonus to AC. Run for the win!

Arkwright
2012-08-10, 09:20 AM
Heart of Beast growls in frustration and draws his axe, then circles around the noise to approach from a different angle, running. (3x speed)

"Does no one consider ambushes..." he mutters quietly.

TrueDiviner
2012-08-10, 11:09 AM
Varzen

"Here we go again, blazing into battle..." he says to himself. Regardless, Varzen sprints after his younger brother to circle around from another angle with him, drawing his spear as he runs. Saber runs alongside Varzen, eager to join the possible fray.

Varzen is moving at 30' x 4.
EDIT: Saber is moving at 40' x 4.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-10, 01:19 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm facepalms as once again someone in the group runs off on his own. At least this one had seen fit to alert the group. He spurs Lightning to a gallop to catch up with Burned Bear.

Croverus
2012-08-10, 05:56 PM
Most of you will break through the bush and reach a wide but shallow river. A female humanoid is cornered by several giant rats, who gnash their teeth at her as they circle. She appears to be keeping them back with by wildly swinging a clip, but has several bite marks on her legs and arms. Her back is to the group as she holds off one of the giant rodents. There are 3 others, two moving in to flank her and one behind her that turns and hisses as the group reaches the stream.

Everyone but Varzen and Heart of beast is at the edge of the river, which is only a foot deep but almost 35ft wide, the woman is in the middle at 20ft from the shore, a rat adjacent to her, two are 10ft away from her both 20ft from the shore, and there is one only 5ft from the shore that has turned and hisses at you. The Rats are each about 3ft tall at the shoulder with brissly fur and bony protrusions along their backs and limbs, their eyes glow red.

Roll Initiative.

Arkwright
2012-08-10, 06:35 PM
Heart of Beast turns back to Oncoming Storm. "Orders?" he barks in a short, sharp voice.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-10, 06:52 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm gauges the situation.

"Keep their attention off the woman and work to create a way out for her."

He rides forward to enact this plan.

Zman
2012-08-10, 07:22 PM
Dragons Fire

Dragons Fire quickly enters the fray begrudgingly following Oncoming Storm's lead.

Initiative [roll0]

Croverus
2012-08-10, 07:55 PM
The rats [roll0]
The girl [roll1]

hoverfrog
2012-08-11, 01:10 AM
Burned Bear charges into the midst of the rats. He smashes as many as he can reach with his earthbreaker.

Initiative [roll0]
Rage when I get into melee combat
Attack roll [roll1]
Damage [roll2] Critical x3
Cleave attack roll [roll3]
Damage [roll4] Critical x3

Croverus
2012-08-11, 02:57 AM
Please post what action you plan on doing during your turn. Form now on always post your first action for combat at the same time you roll for initative, otherwise combat is going to take forever as I wait to see what everyone plans on doing.

Arkwright
2012-08-11, 04:41 AM
Charges at nearest rate.
Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Zman
2012-08-11, 09:36 AM
Dragons Fire

Moving to take the flankers, in a burst of fury he thrusts a stone punching dagger at eachs chest...

Rage(3/11Rounds/Day)
Attack[roll0]
Critical[roll1]
Damage[roll2]

Attack[roll3]
Critical[roll4]
Damage[roll5]

And can't hit the broad side of a rat folk...

TrueDiviner
2012-08-11, 01:27 PM
Varzen

Once Varzen is within 50ft of a rat, he will use his sling on the nearest target.
To hit: [roll1]
Damage (if hit): [roll2]

Saber will pounce on the nearest rat.
To hit (bite): [roll3]
Damage (bite): [roll4]
To hit (claw1): [roll5]
Damage (claw1): [roll6]
To hit (claw2): [roll7]
Damage (claw2): [roll8]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-11, 02:41 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm charges at one of the rats, his spear whistling in the wind.

Attack: [roll0] (It's an extra +2 from charging, right?)
Critical Confirmation: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

Croverus
2012-08-13, 03:00 AM
Attack rolls
Rat 1: [roll0], dmg [roll1] plus disease, targetting Oncoming Storm's Hourse
Rat 2: [roll2], dmg [roll3] plus disease, targetting Oncoming Storm
Rat 3: [roll4], dmg [roll5] plus disease, targetting Dragon's Fire
Rat 4: [roll6], dmg [roll7] plus disease, targetting Burning bear
Girl: [roll8], dmg [roll9]
Anyone bitten make a fort save

wisesage
2012-08-13, 03:07 AM
Ragnar

He aims his sling at one of the Rats away from the girl.

If hit [roll1] damage

whoa,,, confirming critical [roll]1d20

wisesage
2012-08-13, 03:10 AM
confirming crit [roll0]

Croverus
2012-08-13, 03:12 AM
Oncoming Storm urges his mount forward and tries swatting aside one of the rats, but it ducks under the attack. It lunges and bites at his horse, while one of the flankers charges and leaps up, biting Oncoming Storm fiercely. One of the ones flanking the girl turn and charge Dragon's Fire, biting at him, while the last sees Burning Bear coming and bites his leg. Varzen fires at a rat with his sling but misses, the rock skipping across the water. Saber will pounce on the rat that has bitten Oncoming Storm, pulling the rat off and ripping out it's throat, killing it. Burning Bear slams his earth breaker down on the rat that bit him, crushing it into a bloody pulp, but is not near enough to the other rats to follow up with his cleave. Dragon's fire swings with boths punching daggers but fails to hit his target. The girl goes to help Dragon's Fire, trying to bring her club down on it's back but is unable to land the blow. Heart of the Beast charges to the aid of Oncoming storm and takes out the one that was biting his mount. Ragnar expertly fires his sling intot he side of the skull of the last rat and brings it down.

Crit confirm [roll0], extra damage [roll1]

Ragnar, you din't roll initiative so your action was last.

hoverfrog
2012-08-13, 04:43 AM
Burned Bear washes out the scratch in the clean running water that he's standing in.

Fort save [roll0]
Untrained heal check [roll1]

Then he gathers up the rat bodies and carries them to the bank. They may be worth skinning and using as furs or leather though he doesn't fancy eating the meat of them. Even the tendons can be used for stitching hides together and the bones might be useful for tools.

"Girl, where is your tribe? Are you with hunters or other gatherers looking for food?" He uses his native Dreckarsi but if she doesn't seem to understand he tries again in the tribal sign language.

Arkwright
2012-08-13, 04:59 AM
Heart of Best cleans off his axe in the cool river water and waits for his leader to address the girl.

Zman
2012-08-13, 05:34 AM
Dragons fire looks at the small wound he was given..

Fortitude Save [roll0]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-13, 08:55 AM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm leaps from his mount, tending to its injuries first before looking to his own.

"Lightning! Are you alright?"

He staggers a bit all of a sudden.

"Whoa...I don't feel very well."

Fort save: [roll0]
Untrained Heal check: [roll1]

hoverfrog
2012-08-13, 09:08 AM
Burned Bear finds some shade near the bank, "I feel pretty warm. I'm just going to sit here for a minute. Could someone else look at these pelts. " He sits there sweating profusely and picking at the scratch on his leg that has swollen up.

Arkwright
2012-08-13, 08:22 PM
Heart of Beast sighs and walks over to address the girl.

"Greetings. I apologize for my comrades, I believe there was some poison in those rats' jaws... they usually do not fuss over themselves like old women. My name is Heart of Beast. May I ask yours and your purpose in these dangerous lands?"

Croverus
2012-08-16, 12:18 AM
Now closer you notice her skin looks very earthy, her hair simple and dull like a shade of rock, while her eyes look like a pair of green gems. The girl blinks, apparenlt not familiar with your tribal language, but when you use the sign language common among almost all tribes, she nods a bit. She starts signing back as much information as she could. A rough translation of what she says to you is, "Name Rock Jumper. Tribe being Borgnathy. Live up river. Monsters attack. Rock Jumper Ran. Tribe in danger."

wisesage
2012-08-16, 12:49 AM
Ragnar

She blinks at the girl and tries to remember or recall anything about the name of the tribe she mentioned for the moment. He looks over to the others who were injured and notice that he also took a hit himself.

Arkwright
2012-08-16, 01:31 AM
Heart of Beast nods and responds in kind. "Name Heart of Beast. Borgnathy want help? Borgnathy give supplies if we help? Me not boss, ask him with horse. Him decide."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-16, 11:34 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm doubles over, about to puke.

hoverfrog
2012-08-17, 01:35 AM
Taking a rat tooth as a trophy Burned Bear butchers the bodies and hangs anything that can be used up to dry, skins for clothing or sacks, tendons for stitches, bones for tools, fat for burning, bladders for carrying fat or water, anything of use. If there is a rat without broken skin he will cut the head half off it and scoop out the innards so that it will make a bag for carrying things in. It will need to be smoked and dried properly but he wants to make a start now. He throws the entrails to the carnivorous animals in the party and ponders what to do about the poisonous bites while he works.

Survival check [roll0]

He knows nothing about treating wounds beyond washing them out and letting them heal. There is no sense in dwelling on the injury. He limps over to Rock Jumper and signs at her "Me Burned Bear. Rat bites gone bad," he points at the sickly looking people from his tribe and at his own infested wound ""Borgnathy tribe have healer? We go now."

Croverus
2012-08-17, 01:38 AM
She nods, "Borgnathy have Shamn of land. He treat them. Must hurry." She glances at the group then turns and runs across the river, heading towards the rocky terrain past the trees.

hoverfrog
2012-08-17, 03:32 AM
Burned Bear tries to shrug off the nausea and help the other infected people get across the water.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-17, 07:22 AM
Oncoming Storm

After emptying his stomach of last night's meal, Oncoming Storm mounts Lightning and tries to stay steady in the saddle as he urges the horse to follow this Rock Jumper.

Croverus
2012-08-18, 10:32 AM
Those of you who are sick, other than a mild fever you won't notice any inhibiting effects for a while. the sickness will not affect your ability to fight or take any actions. I do appreciate the rp though :)

Going to be busy today with a RL game but should be posting something tomorrow. *rolls some dice* it will be a fun day :smallwink:

Zman
2012-08-18, 10:39 AM
Dragons Fire

Seeing those around him falling ill, Dragons Fire does feels no different then normal, "Rarh!" as he beats his chest, "Stand tall, or suckle your mothers!" he goads him compatriots into toughening up.

hoverfrog
2012-08-20, 07:03 AM
Feeling shamed by his display of weakness and the words of Dragons Fire, Burned Bear makes an effort to stand a bit straighter as they follow Rock Jumper back to her tribe.

TrueDiviner
2012-08-20, 12:18 PM
Varzen follows his companions along after patting Saber on the back. "Those rats weren't a match for you, now were they?"

Varzen makes a point to talk to Oncoming Storm as we follow Rock Jumper. "I know that this isn't a priority right now, as getting everyone feeling better is, but I am somewhat skilled at deciphering foreign languages. If I could take some time to look at the Borgnathy language in the future, I could learn it so we could more effectively communicate with them."

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-20, 12:26 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm tries hard not to retch a second time, but looks at Varzen.

"That's a good idea, Varzen. Negotiations are part of our task, and communicating is essential to that goal."

wisesage
2012-08-21, 08:41 AM
Ragnar

He goes over to Oncoming storm. I can scout ahead. See who we fight Ragnar said to him.

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-21, 10:27 AM
Oncoming Storm

He nods.

Croverus
2012-08-22, 12:42 AM
Ahead Rock Jumper points and cries out something in her native tongue. As you all catch up you can clearly see a number of the dire rats, as well as several rats standing on their hind legs and wielding crude stone daggers. They are trying to break their way into a structure which at first glance resembles one of the mountain homes of the Brugord, made of solid stone blocks stacked together. Spears from within the structure stab out at the rats as they try to find an entrance, several of them lay dead at the low opening at the front of the building. There are small structures dotted around the main one but most are collapsed or open. Bodies of the ratfolk and several Borgnathy litter the area.

All of you are within charging distance of at least one enemy, those of you with a speed of 40 can also charge to the structure and strike at the ratfolk trying to get at the front entrance. Please roll Initiative.
Rock Jumper [roll0]
Dire Rats [roll1]
Ratfolk [roll2]
Borgnathy [roll3]

hoverfrog
2012-08-22, 01:07 AM
Burned Bear rushes at one of the ratfolk attacking the building swinging his earthbreaker to smash the filthy creatures. He lets out a roar as challenge to the beast.
Initiative [roll0]

Rage (6 rounds left for the day)
Charge the ratfolk
Stone Earthbreaker [roll1] Including +2 for the charge
Damage [roll2]
Critical x3 [roll3]

Cleave [roll4] obviously after the charge
Damage [roll5]
Critical x3 [roll6]

AC is 11 for this round with the rage and charge combined.

EDIT forgot to roll damage for the criticals but they missed anyway so no harm done.

How many are there?

Zman
2012-08-22, 07:17 AM
Dragons Fire

Letting loose a battle rum Dragons Fire charges to the aid of the structure, flinging his fists at eny nearby enemies.

Initiative[roll0]

Rage
Charge Attack [roll1]
Critical[roll2]
Damage [roll3]

Charge Attack [roll4]
Critical[roll5]
Damage [roll6]

TrueDiviner
2012-08-22, 04:35 PM
Varzen

Varzen runs quickly toward the structure, and looks for the point where the ratfolk are trying to break in. When Varzen is at least 25ft away from the structure, he will cast Grease on a 10ft square at the choke-point where the most ratfolk are, in an attempt to cause them to fall. (He will also try to not trip up the Borgnathy).

Saber, as usual, will pounce on the nearest rat/ratfolk (movement 40' round and charging, so should be able to make it).

Bite: [roll1]
Bite Damage: [roll2]
Claw1: [roll3]
Claw1 Damage: [roll4]
Claw2: [roll5]
Claw2 Damage: [roll6]

Archpaladin Zousha
2012-08-22, 10:07 PM
Oncoming Storm

Oncoming Storm rides to the ratfolk near the opening hoping to put himself between them and whoever was inside.

Charge: [roll1]
Critical: [roll2]
Damage: [roll3]

Arkwright
2012-08-22, 10:14 PM
With an eldritch howl, Heart of Beast charges at the nearest rat, swinging his greataxe through the air with deceptive ease.

Initiative:[roll0]
Attack:[roll1]
Damage:[roll2]