PDA

View Full Version : I'm the High Inquisitor!

LanSlyde
2012-07-18, 10:14 AM
So, backstory! My cleric in the current campaign was previously a member of the Holy Order of the Invincible. He retired after a decade of service and has been enjoying retirement ever since, along comes some an old friend (our group). We make a two week trek south to some ruins of the People (dead elven civilization) and encounter within what could only be described as a thousand tortured souls of wrongly convicted and executed innocents whose anger and hatred was left fester and brew for thousands of years. This had a side affect of thinning the 'veil' between the Material and Ethereal plane. Long story short our psion pissed it off and me and this orc shaman nearly died trying to prevent this mass of rage from escaping into the Material Plane.

Anyhoo! Made it back to the city and informed the commander of the Order (my former boss) of the bad juju. After our psion decided to mind meld with him to better relay the message, he decided that I'm the bravest independent cleric he's ever known and offered me a chance to return the Order as the High Inquisitor of Heironeous. I promptly took the position with great humility and was reward with +4 Mithral Battleplate that bestows automatic proficiency + unknown powers (Armor of the High Inquisitor).

I told that story to get to this point, I'm not a cleric of Heironeous anymore, I wrote it into my backstory that I disagreed with most of the officials within the church because they had succumbed to greed and corruption and left the church. Suddenly I am High Inquisitor! If I start worshiping again I'll be losing my domains and with them access to 4 of my feats. Should I remain a Lawful Good Cleric of nothing or convert back to the Invincible and hope for the best?

Also, considering at this point the only people I answer to within the Order are Reven(Big Boss), Carmin(2nd seat, his cohort) and Greybryn(3rd Seat, Carmins cohort) I am effectively above the entirety of the Order in rank(roughly 38,000 members).

Not a bad way to come out of retirement. :smallbiggrin:

BRC
2012-07-18, 10:24 AM
I would talk to your DM out-of-character. He made you High Inquisitor, so he should have something in mind. Personally, it sounds like you never technically stopped worshiping Heironeous, you just left the church because you felt it was corrupt, and now it is your right, nay your DUTY, to clean it up.

But yeah, talk to your DM about converting back. He may let you retrain your feats.

LanSlyde
2012-07-18, 10:35 AM
I would talk to your DM out-of-character. He made you High Inquisitor, so he should have something in mind. Personally, it sounds like you never technically stopped worshiping Heironeous, you just left the church because you felt it was corrupt, and now it is your right, nay your DUTY, to clean it up.

But yeah, talk to your DM about converting back. He may let you retrain your feats.

Your partially right, I stopped worshiping Heironeous but I still pay homage to him (does that make sense?). I suppose I could talk to him about all that. He knows I'm invested in my domains at this point.