PDA

View Full Version : Break a Duskblade - Must have 9th lv casting

Vashta
2012-07-18, 01:35 PM
Hey guys.

I'd like to here about your ideas for an epic(lv21) Duskblade build.

It does not need to be more than a few levels of Duskblade.
for example:
Monk 1/duskblade 5/ ab champ5/ divine crusader 2/ sacred fist 8 would be fine

It must channel spells and be a front line fighter.

Assume all books gold for level is standard.

Items from mic are a sore point for my DM.

Other than those things there are no restrictions even dragon mag is fine.

Ernir
2012-07-18, 01:47 PM
Does it have to channel as a Duskblade? I rather like the Ordained Champion as a source of spell channeling.

If Monk is important to you, the Enlightened Fist can channel a bit, too.

21 class levels leaves you a lot of room to play with.

eggs
2012-07-18, 01:52 PM
If you're going unarmed and not planning on hitting Duskblade level 13, don't bother with DB.

Improved Unarmed Strike already works identically to the Duskblade's level 3 feature.

EDIT:
(Details in Complete Arcane and Rules Compendium)

Urpriest
2012-07-18, 01:55 PM
Duskblade can be a decent entry to Urpriest if you have a decent source of Bluff. I'd start there.

Vashta
2012-07-18, 02:26 PM
monk is not a requirement but it, with a few feats(and items to get monk abilities) and greater mighty wallop, lets me do about 22d8 a hit. And I could take chaos monk which adds 1d6 to my attacks a round.(this might be able to be maximized with max ability for MM and with haste and snap kick that's 12 attacks a round.)

I would prefer it to be duskblade for the BAB and other useful things like combat casting. This gets be in to ab champ and that give me crazy ac and high caster levels.

13th level is great but I would also like 9th level spells. Thought full-channeling disintegrate never gets old.

Randomguy
2012-07-18, 02:53 PM
Duskblade 3/Wizard 2/Spellsword 1/Abjurant Champion 5/Eldritch Knight 10.

Alternitavely, swap eldritch knight for Knight Phantom.

9th level wizard spells, +19 BAB and arcane channelling.

For this one, if you add in a level of spellthief and take the Master Spellthief feat, then you can keep taking levels in duskblade post epic, and you advance both your Wizard and Duskblade caster levels. After you get 9th level spells, caster level is the only important part anyway.

For divine casting, you could try Duskblade 3/Monk 1/Cleric 6/Sacred Fist 11

Or swap that last level for a level of cleric, if you don't want to use the rules for extending prestige classes.

This only works if your DM agrees that text trumps table, but if he does then this gets you +17 BAB (or +18 if you use fractional BAB) and 9th level cleric spells.

For full attack channelling you could try Duskblade 13/Ur Priest 8.

gorfnab
2012-07-18, 05:54 PM
Duskblade 3/ Monk 2/ Sacred Fist 10/ Enlightened Fist 3 (Requires Apprentice: Criminal feat for Bluff skill)

Duskblade 7/ Heatfire Fanner 1/ Virtuoso 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Virtuoso 8 (Requires Apprentice: Performer feat for Perform and Diplomacy)

Duskblade 7/ Heartfire Fanner 1/ Eldritch Knight 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Eldritch Knight 3

dextercorvia
2012-07-18, 11:07 PM
Naenhoon Illumian* Duskblade13/Chameleon5/Wonderworker3

Feats Required: Heighten Spell, Earth Sense, Earth Spell, Planar Touchstone: Catalogs of Enlightenment for the DLCS Sun Domain Power (Turn Undead), Two Exalted feats, Extra Slot at least once, and your feat at 21 should be Improved Spell Capacity.

Chameleon casts divine spells, so Wonderworker will give you 3 9th and
4 8th level slots to work with. Those are class granted slots, so your bonus spells for high ability kicks in at all levels up to 9.

After 21, you should pick up the next two levels of Chameleon so you can get Double Aptitude. Until then, switch midday as needed. After you have Chameleon7, you can go Dragon Disciple 10, for even more level 9+ slots.

Oh, and since you are a chameleon, you can cherry pick all of the best touch spells (at the lowest level, if necessary) to channel.

*Not required if your DM doesn't count Illumians as human enough for Chameleon, but it makes things easier.

Vashta
2012-07-19, 04:47 PM
Duskblade 7/ Heatfire Fanner 1/ Virtuoso 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Virtuoso 8 (Requires Apprentice: Performer feat for Perform and Diplomacy)

Duskblade 7/ Heartfire Fanner 1/ Eldritch Knight 2/ Sublime Chord 2/ Abjurant Champion 5/ Eldritch Knight 3

I really like the idea of using Sublime Chord and Abjurant Champ with able leaner the spell caster level should be great.

Naenhoon Illumian* Duskblade13/Chameleon5/Wonderworker3

could be nice. Always thought of chameleon as a bit under powered though for versatility it is just great.

One more thought. What do you guys think about using the binding feats to get healing abilities or "feats"?

gorfnab
2012-07-19, 10:18 PM
I really like the idea of using Sublime Chord and Abjurant Champ with able leaner the spell caster level should be great.

Practiced Spellcaster will fix the caster level. Able Learner affects cross-class skills, however you need Perform and Listen as actual class skills in order to get enough ranks in them. Apprentice: Entertainer will get you Perform (and Diplomacy) a level of Heartfire Fanner nets you Listen. Able Learner will help you get the max ranks necessary for Sublime Chord.

nedz
2012-07-19, 10:40 PM
DuskBlade 5/Ur Priest 2/Mystic Theurge 8/DuskBlade 6
Gets you DuskBlade 19 casting with 9th level Cleric spells and BAB 16