PDA

View Full Version : [Brood] Old School Style Blank Character Sheet

vgunn
2012-07-18, 05:13 PM
Aiming for that retro feel, let me know what you think of it.

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9198/blanktearsheetbrood.jpg

Nepenthe
2012-07-20, 01:26 AM
The line weight along with large black areas feels too heavy for me. Have you tried making the boxes lined? It might look better, although I can definitely see the utility in leaving it unlined. I would also nudge all the white label text closer to its respective box. "Troubles" in particular seems to go with the trademarks box rather than the dots. You probably don't need the full rolling rules on the sheet either. A simple table would probably suffice.

Overall it's a very different feel than the other sheet. The title font reminds me of a carnival side-show rather than the gothic vibe I got before. At this point I'm not sure which better represents your system.

Hope this helps!

Jay R
2012-07-20, 10:28 AM
The problem with using the typeface of the original D&D is that there were no character sheets then. We used ordinary paper.

Having said that, it does look like many older character sheets did.

Knaight
2012-07-23, 08:40 AM
It's generally a nice sheet. With that said, it could probably use a name box. I find being able to identify which character a sheet is for through clear labeling quite helpful, and in this case a single large box just under the unboxed text could look nice anyways.