PDA

View Full Version : Light-Based Favored Soul

Chaosblade
2012-07-18, 06:18 PM
So, I'm building a gestalt character using Favored Soul//Shadowcaster, with the aim to specialize in any sort of Light spells I can find for the former side. I of course realize there aren't many, so I've chosen to go for any sort of spell that deals with light and work from there. I'm looking at the Sun and Moon domains, and I'm working with my GM to make a few arcane light-like spells divine if I find any. (And of course, I have Mastery of Day and Night.) The druid Moonblade seems like the best melee damage spell to use, with Umbral Touch on the other hand (+Improved Unarmed Attack.)

Any other suggestions?

Elric VIII
2012-07-18, 06:22 PM
Well, I don't have a spell list handy at the moment (you might want to check over in imarvintpa), but have you seen the Knight of the Raven PrC? They get some DC and CL bonuses to light-based spells and grant you TU so you can use divine feats. Also, it's a full BAB 9/10 casting class with an awsome raven sidekick. It is found in Expedition to Castle Ravenloft.

Optimator
2012-07-19, 12:46 AM
A lot of the best [Light] spells are Druid, if I recall.
Also, have you seen the Morninglord of Lathander PrC and the Master of Radiance PrC? The Eye of Horus-Re PrC might be cool too.