PDA

View Full Version : Kaezeroth

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 06:58 PM
Kaezeroth was intended to be the capital of the new Orc empire. It is still under construction but it is being built high on cliffs overlooking the oceans extending to the north. To the south of the city a mighty river winds it's way around the curve of the city only to spill out over the cliffs in a 200 foot waterfall.
Large white buildings with flat roofs, layered so as to be usable for defenses and mighty white stone walls are being constructed. Fields are being plowed, pathways and bridges being constructed by the thousands of toiling orcs. Endless caravans come in from the south and east, bringing stone for the work and food for the workers. Wood is arriving by sea, a half-finished stone docks currently anchoring dozens of ships from all around the globe. Being built into the cliffs themselves is a might fortress and military installation of some sort. Huge bombards being fitted into place.

-------------------------

Burzum walks through the tunnels in the cliff face. The Duke to his right and one of the Cabal leaders to his left. With purpose and dread they enter a large room with a table and a dozen orcs standing around it looking over maps and reports.
"Commander, how goes the construction efforts?" Burzum wheezed out.

The large arctic orc snapped to attention with the rest at Burzum's presence
"We are running on schedule my lord. The installation shall be ready on time. I have all of the men working as hard as they can."

"Good. Do not fail me."
Burzum then turns to the Cabal leader. "Send a message to the Drake. If he is done with his stars and moonlight I should like to speak with him. Send a message also to the Goblin king. It is time that we began to seriously plan."

"My lord. You may use my official quarters for your own purpose should you like."

"Thank you commander. You serve our side well."

At that Burzum and his entourage enter a side room. The room is small, the white stone walls covered with a few ragged hides. A desk and chair sit in one side and a small book case sits in an alcove to one side. Barely any books sit in it's shelves.

Sending to the Goblin King and AussirKepesk:
Request meeting with Burzum as soon as possible - Teleport coordinates sent in next message.

The Cabal leader looks up at Burzum. "Invitations and teleport coordinates sent my lord."

drack
2012-07-18, 07:19 PM
Within seconds a goblin magi appears in a puff of smoke that vaguely smells of some manner of foot fungus. Speaking fluent orc the goblin bows allowing a few ***** boils to show beneath his lavender cape which marks him among Gog's finest. "I fear Grog will be unable to attend. As you know his duties will not permit him to leave, though I have come as a proxy in his stead." With the mage are four goblins each wielding a wicked blade. An honor guard as the goblins had soon learned from the other races was traditional. This was not the first time that Grog had refused to leave Grog's Place, and you were beginning to suspect it was more then simply the duties of a king.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 07:24 PM
Burzum, the Duke and the Cabal leader all bowed.
"I understand the dedication Grog has for his people. Your presence is welcome magi. Hopefully AussirKepesk will join us soon enough and we can get down to the main business at hand." Burzum wheezed and gurgled in response. "Tell me, any news from the goblin lands?"

drack
2012-07-18, 07:32 PM
"Only that we have a number more of the rafts of which we spoke earlier. The Gaiad forest has been unwilling to aid us in this pressure, though the white ships of those seas see profit, and dare not challenge us, and so progress continues slowly."

For the last several years the goblin kin have been crafting rafts with which to expand off their island, and invade other lands, and while they have no targets in min as of yet as the great goblin monnarc Findal once said: "It is better to pick one's nose today then to be unable to fit one's finger in tomorrow"

Calmly the mage walks to the table and takes a seat allowing his honor guard to sprawl out on the floor and proceed to follow their late king's sagely advice.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 07:36 PM
"We have little timber here and much of it shall soon be used to build my own ships and airships. Does Grog have any plans to perhaps deal with the inhabitants of Gaiad forest more directly? If the goblin lands had control over that forest and sole control over your island it might make things easier for any plans on the mainland perhaps?" Burzum ignores the habits of the goblins, not bothered by it in the slightest.

Igneel
2012-07-18, 07:39 PM
AussirKepesk has only just started arriving back to his wonderfully wintery home of ice. AussirHurthia has become much more busy as of late, with the arctic dwarves and other ice masons working on building new homes along with maintenance, arctic kobolds along with several other arctic races using their magics for supplies and all around bettering of the ice fortress. Flying over the Dragon Maw, a ice sculpture in the likeness of AussirKepesk's visage, and over his own statue that acts as a beacon for those that can see into his blizzard he comes in for a landing at his Blood Palace. Awaiting him at the entrance is Gwyneira the Frostwind Virago, and AussirKepesk's personal favorite. As his talons touch down on the ice he and her have spent several years forming to their pleasure she gives him a quick, graceful bow that only the fey of ice could do out of anyone on the iceberg.

-----
"Ah Gwyn, what a tiring ordeal that was... How have you progressed with my requested task with the ice?"

"They have been successfully separated into 5 cubes of the requested size, along with being placed so that you can easily maneuver around them while in your lair M'lord."

Lowering his head so that she could look him more or less eye to eye he almost purrs.

"Very good, then soon I should be able to get started with the first of and experiment that has been gnawing at the back of my head for nearly a moon's waxing and waning now. I can't wait to see the results..."

Pausing, he raises his head as he just then receives a Sending spell from a follower of Burzum. Listening carefully the corners of his mouth start to curl into a smile as he shakes his head some.

Reply to Sending:
Request accepted. Will attend meeting, bringing Gwyn along as well.

"Can always trust Burzum to not come here, but would rather have me come to him... Prepare to leave Gwyn, we are attending to yet another party."

"Would you wish me to dress up?"
Almost chuckling Aussir shakes his head side to side.

"Not necessary. Your already as beautiful as a falling snowflake, my Snowflake. Just have a teleportation spell prepared, I don't think that Burzum would wish to wait for me to fly there no matter how speedy of a flight it might be."
-----

It doesn't take long for AussirKepesk and Gwyn to arrive with Gwyn's raven black wings a startling contrast to the white motif the two sport.
"Alright, sorry it took longer then I thought to arrive home. The night sky was particularly splendid during that flight."

drack
2012-07-18, 07:47 PM
"Well as you know the Gaiad forest is an old and powerful force which would claim many lives. In fact in the early days goblins once hunted in it and they were never heard from again, nor was the small army that left in search of them. No, we shall not break our peace with the Gaiad forest, nor will they, as neither land would have the strength to hold both against the white raiders. And of course through the Tria Pact allows us more strength through them."

The triad pact was an ancient pact made long before these times between the Dark Storm an Gaia forest, two of the most powerful nations in existence after Izeldus left, and as the pact was forming the goblins had begun to war with the Gaiad forest, and so in recognition of the goblin might the two superpowers allowed Grog to join the pact as well, though more as an extra then anything else with limited benefits.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 07:51 PM
Burzum nods, clearly pleased at the arrival of the drake.
"Glad you could both join us. I hope you enjoyed your flight after our meeting with that fool." turning toward the magi. "This is a representative of Grog the Goblin King. We were just talking business. Magi this is AussirKepesk, my other trusted friend and ally. I am sure you are aware of one another. Beside me here is the Black Knight of Avalon himself and the leader of the Cabal of the orb-eater Allam the black, my head magus."
Burzum paused. "Now then before we go any further. Allam may you please."

Allam nodded and raised his hands. Multiple spells that he had clearly had ready for some time were released. "Scrying, teleportation and plane shift all blocked my lord. The room is sound proof and stone walking proof. Doorway is sealed shut and we are locked in a pocket dimension for the time being."

"Excellent Allam."

drack
2012-07-18, 08:06 PM
"The name sir is Hog, and might I inquire as to which fool you speak of?"

Igneel
2012-07-18, 08:08 PM
Giving a nod a brief smile graces his maw revealing his ivory fangs like always when in the company of his friend.
"It was much needed indeed. The fool had started a fire that I haven't felt a spark from for many years now, and I wished to douse it before I made too hastily of a decision. AussirKhuno made sure to help me put it out reasonably fast before it could flare up much more."

Turning to the small party of Goblins AussirKepesk and Gwyn in turn both bowed their heads to show respect to a fellow ally.
"I have indeed heard of Grog the Goblin King from my arctic goblin population, even though it typically isn't much outside of stories of a great goblin nation ruled by a wise ruler. It is a shame that his Majesty isn't able to attend, but I'm sure that you as a representative will make a most appropriate mouthpiece to voice his words in his stead.
This is Gwyneria, the Lady of AussirHurthia, a fey of the frost and second in command."

Looking down to Gwyn, Aussir nods his head to indicate her to sit down. As she gracefully does so with a sweep of her raven black wings folding behind her as she sits, he looks to Burzum.
"I hope you don't mind if I sit here behind the chairs on the floor. I wouldn't wish to case harm to such a nicely made table and the chairs that accompany it. Would it be too much of a bother if I request the occasional sip from my decanter of endless blood in favor of any drinks you offer? "

drack
2012-07-18, 08:11 PM
Casually the goblin magi opens a portal as he waits to hear from whence all this chaos came. The portal it's self is miniscule, though any with the ability to see magic would notice it.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 08:18 PM
OOC: The portal fails to work.

Burzum addresses Hog. "The leaders of many nations were summoned to the presence of a religious leader or envoy from another world. It appears the man was a blithering idiot in the service of the forces of good who did nothing other than threaten us." turning back to the ice drake Burzum continues "He is a concern however. If armies are to march from another world into this we should be ready to gather our forces and destroy them wherever they enter. Even if it means aiding our own enemies in this world.
For now however I think we have greater plans. There are large portions of the mainland that remain either free from being part of a kingdom or are mostly wilderness. Both the Orc and Goblins kingdoms should move fast to annex those regions and place our colonies there. That would enable us to better coordinate campaigns on the mainland and join our forces together.
I am thinking of sending at least ten legions north as soon as I have enough ships."

drack
2012-07-18, 08:30 PM
Hog studies the wards the mage had erected carefully as he replies "Yes, Grog had considered moving to the south-lands as well, that way the caves could be expanded, and the goblins would be allowed to prosper another hundred years digging new caves, and allowing more soldiers to be raised. Though perhaps if we are facing conflict a defensive position may suit him more."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 08:33 PM
"Conflict is not won by defense and invaders from another world could strike us anywhere at anytime, making defense impossible. Large armies on the move that can quickly respond are a better plan. If we can overrun the mainland that is not allied with us in as short a time as possible then we can easily rally vast armies to face the invaders."

Igneel
2012-07-18, 08:34 PM
"The name sir is Hog, and might I inquire as to which fool you speak of?"

Holding out a hand, Gwyn speaks with a gentle voice nearly similar to the soothing sound of a breeze caressing powdered snow.
"If I may gentlemen..."

Her extended hand starts to issue some billows of frost as a small statuette of the Forbearer comes into being made entirely of crystal clear ice. Placing the statue onto the table, she waves her hand which causes the statue to float over towards the goblin representative. Its an exact replica, down to the eye symbol on his forehead.

"This man is the one the Lords have been calling a 'fool'."

"Yet another representative of the cult of the Eye, seeking to purge worlds and planes of existence of the darkness and anything darker then the shade of alabaster white. Claims to of come from several different planes beyond those that we know of, and successfully purged them by eradicating those that didn't conform. In otherwise, join him, or be part of a world-wide holocaust."

Gwyn reaches into her robes and pulls out a scroll of parchment.
"I took it upon myself to write down the lecture he stated before, during, and after the fight, he held with the Lord of the Dark Light if it pleases your goblin highness to have such things for his records."

"He is a concern however. If armies are to march from another world into this we should be ready to gather our forces and destroy them wherever they enter. Even if it means aiding our own enemies in this world.
For now however I think we have greater plans. There are large portions of the mainland that remain either free from being part of a kingdom or are mostly wilderness. Both the Orc and Goblins kingdoms should move fast to annex those regions and place our colonies there. That would enable us to better coordinate campaigns on the mainland and join our forces together.
I am thinking of sending at least ten legions north as soon as I have enough ships."

"Agreed. Myself and my Talon's have been working on a few possible methods of considerably weakening followers of the Sun prior to the arrival of this Forbearer Fool. I was wishing to discuss such plans with my allies before hand, as at least one of them will take me lengths of 80 hours and then some before I can test it out for the first time. I also didn't wish to bring harm to my said allies if they happened to be deploying forces to certain lands before I can finish."

OOC:

Frozen Fabrication Frostwind Virago power to make the ice sculpture, which I'm sure a statue of the Forbearer falls within the 10 gp/CL price range.
Cryokinesis Frostwind Virago power to Telekinesis the ice sculpture over to the goblin.
And it helps to have someone relaying info while using a telepathic link to someone with paper to write it down. :smalltongue:

drack
2012-07-18, 08:51 PM
Yes, yes, but holding our own lands prevents unnecessary loss which is certainly not uncommon on our side in any war.
OOC: so which wards are up again exactly? :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-07-18, 09:09 PM
OOC:
Forbiddance - with password allowing lawful creatures.
Seal Portal - Door which is now an interdimensional gate temporarily
Telepathy Block
Mage's Private Sanctum
Magic Circle against Good
Cacophonic Shield

drack
2012-07-18, 09:28 PM
The mage again casts the spell casually this time contented despite the lack of a portal. Pausing he replies "Grog was not sent such an invitation. The nerve of the man, to ignore such a mighty leader!"

Gaiyamato
2012-07-19, 01:39 AM
Burzum replies to AussirKepesk. "Perhaps Allam here and Arth'ssren Dicall'thuth might be willing to assist you and Gwen in order to speed up research into your idea. Though the dracolich is his own being and Allam would only be able to assist you on a part time basis. But after this meeting perhaps you could explain your idea to me?"

Burzum addresses Hog once more. "I fear that this sort of invasion is not going to be a defensable one. Our armies may prove largely useless anyway unless we can mass them all together. It likely will not happen for some time either. Who knows.
For now I say we move our regular troops into the mainland to grab a solid foothold and combine our spellcasters together to form a research think-tank for solutions to the cult of the eye. We should ensure that we quickly eradicate any nations that might seek to ally themselves with the cult also. Every foothold the cult gains is one step closer to our destruction.

Another primary goal should be to search out every relic, artifact and magical item of any power that we might be able to utilize for our own gain."

drack
2012-07-19, 07:03 AM
Hog nods as he considers this before replying "Perhaps. In the mean time the goblins will support your movements and come to help fortify these new lands, but we will not take an active position in seizing them. We will also send some of our magi to your 'Think tank', but Grog will need some of us on hand, so we will not all attend."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-19, 07:46 AM
Burzum nods as Hog speaks. "That is all very reasonable and generous of you. When the time comes the Orcs will repay the offer in kind."

drack
2012-07-19, 08:11 AM
The goblin nods acknowledging your offer. "Perhaps you could honor this act by granting us lumber from the southern forests for our rafts, and a few of your little flying machines. After all one of the few weaknesses of our kin is that they remain tethered to the ground... though again it doubles as a strength masking our numbers from the feeble minds of lesser races."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-19, 08:26 AM
Burzum thought for a moment. "I can agree to a small volume of timber. That is fine. But we do not grow entirely large volumes of trees here. Another good reason to seize the mainland.
As for aircraft. Right now I have so few. However I would be willing to have my artisans construct some at cost for you.
We could get underway building a carrier and a group of fighter craft to provide anti-air support for your forces. You pay the base cost.

Best I can do right now I am afraid."

drack
2012-07-19, 08:37 AM
Our nation is old and strong, we need not hasten such things, and a favor need not be replayed at once least it become a bargain. You will have time.

Igneel
2012-07-19, 01:01 PM
Burzum replies to AussirKepesk. "Perhaps Allam here and Arth'ssren Dicall'thuth might be willing to assist you and Gwen in order to speed up research into your idea. Though the dracolich is his own being and Allam would only be able to assist you on a part time basis. But after this meeting perhaps you could explain your idea to me?"

"The research is finished, its just the preparing and testing said research that needs to be done. But as I said, to prepare the first testing sample will cost me a minimum of 80 hours of work. I say myself because I'm the most qualified of my nation that can build such a sample along with being able to do it nonstop without the need to rest. But of course any assistance would be appreciative, assuming they have any skills in carving ice...
But then that is the more 'long-term' plan I had in mind, and Gwyn had an idea for a shorter lived version to at least hamper other nations for a time. Of course we would be more then happy to discuss such plans afterwards."

Burzum addresses Hog once more. "I fear that this sort of invasion is not going to be a defensable one. Our armies may prove largely useless anyway unless we can mass them all together. It likely will not happen for some time either. Who knows.

"Indeed, he was sure to not mention a date of arrival. So what could be years for them could be scant days to use pending on the flow of time in their planes."

For now I say we move our regular troops into the mainland to grab a solid foothold and combine our spellcasters together to form a research think-tank for solutions to the cult of the eye. We should ensure that we quickly eradicate any nations that might seek to ally themselves with the cult also. Every foothold the cult gains is one step closer to our destruction.

"I will send what I can, as you know my numbers aren't as great as yours and I need what casters I can to create supplies for my businesses and whatnot on account that most visitors that aren't pirates are more set on trying to spy or even slay me.
I think a clutch of my sorcerers and talon of clerics will do."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-19, 05:26 PM
"Thank you AussirKepesk. Each of us have little now, but what each can spare will still help. Allam would it be possible to make room for this research partnership in your portion of the fortress?"

Allam glared at Burzum for a moment. "Yes your majesty I could do so. It would slow construction time slightly however."

Burzum nodded. "Excellent. Are there any further issues any of you wish to raise?"

drack
2012-07-19, 06:03 PM
Only that our seers report of fluctuation in the magical equilibrium of the world. If this truly is caused by this fool's followers we may be in for far more then we are bargaining for...

Gaiyamato
2012-07-19, 08:29 PM
The old orc Wizard Allam raises an eyebrow. "What sort of magical fluctuations?"

drack
2012-07-19, 08:42 PM
"Small vibrations across the weave. Generally any spell may cause them, but deep beneath the earth it is said that the world becomes naught but a puddle within which one can read the whole of the world. Whenever large magics are used it is said a single ripple will caress it's surface, and that otherwise the waves require much concentration to read. Perhaps it is just our superstition, but it was said that several ripples were spotted upon it's surface at once. The Seer of the Stone's Heart said that while he could not count them all there were far more then ten such ripples on the eleventh shadow of the drake's moon."

The drake's moon is the month before the disappearance of Izeldus which occurred upon the dragon's moon. They are known as such as apparently prior to his departure Izeldus summoned all the drakes across all the lands to an Assembly of the Kin, a ritual meeting through which the week are weeded out in ferocious battles of dragons, festivities are held for the entirety of a month, and important matters are discussed.

Nervously Hog scratches the back of his neck and makes an ancient goblin sign to ward off ill omen.

"I fear the timing is too coincidental with your fool if the Seer of the Stone's Heart sees true..."

Gaiyamato
2012-07-19, 08:48 PM
"Perhaps, but other plots may also be afoot. Burzum would you mind so much if we raise these issues with the Drow when they next meet? I feel that your idea of a 'think-tank' may not be such a bad one, but perhaps we need to widen our net somewhat."

"You are the expert in these matters Allam. Do whatever is needed." Burzum replied without much concern showing in his voice.

"I shall have the magic research laboratory expanded to become a research hub regarding these issues then." Allam responds. Pointing his rune-covered staff at the goblins and Gwen and the Drake he finishes. "I will create teleport pads that any of you may use to come and go whenever you are able to assist. That should solve the lack of personel to assist us slightly."

drack
2012-07-19, 09:01 PM
Hog nods in agreement slightly distracted by all the thoughts running through his head. "troubled times", and "the next great war" are all you catch as he mumbles to himself lost deep in a level of thought beyond rare among goblin kin.

Igneel
2012-07-20, 05:10 PM
"Thank you AussirKepesk. Each of us have little now, but what each can spare will still help. Allam would it be possible to make room for this research partnership in your portion of the fortress?"
"Of course my friend. We will of course share our notes assuming that the plans sound appropriate after we go into greater detail."

Burzum nodded. "Excellent. Are there any further issues any of you wish to raise?"
There is one more thing that I would like to do involving going to the boundary between the Elemental Plane of Water and Air, also known by some as Ice where its said a special group of Elementals called Immoths seek knowledge, mostly of words or magiks and gathers what they find in a supposedly frozen library where words freeze in the air. Maybe by paying them a visit we could find something on these other Planes the Forbearer mentioned, or at the very least possibly knowledge on certain Relics."

"And if push comes to shove, I may well head off to the Fey Court to try divulging some information as well."
Gwyn pipes in with her master on the subject of finding additional info.

OOC:
Immoths are found in MMII, and considering they have 10 HD, basic knowledge for them would have a DC 20 (10 HD+10), with me having a 57 modifier so kinda assumed I auto-knew about them. K. (The Planes) just in case -> [roll0]

The drake's moon is the month before the disappearance of Izeldus which occurred upon the dragon's moon. They are known as such as apparently prior to his departure Izeldus summoned all the drakes across all the lands to an Assembly of the Kin, a ritual meeting through which the week are weeded out in ferocious battles of dragons, festivities are held for the entirety of a month, and important matters are discussed.

OOC:
How long ago did this happen? I ask since AussirKepesk is 60k+ yrs old and am interested to know if I could of possibly attended such meetings.
If beyond my age, a K. (History) will go here -> [roll1]

Nervously Hog scratches the back of his neck and makes an ancient goblin sign to ward off ill omen.

"I fear the timing is too coincidental with your fool if the Seer of the Stone's Heart sees true..."
"Yes, something does seem a bit foul about the timing... There are too many things happening too quickly, and I don't like it."

"Perhaps, but other plots may also be afoot. Burzum would you mind so much if we raise these issues with the Drow when they next meet? I feel that your idea of a 'think-tank' may not be such a bad one, but perhaps we need to widen our net somewhat."
"Please remember that at least a drow representative was present at the meeting, and seemed to of been teetering between joining or refusing. But I do have to agree with trying to 'widen the net' as it were. But considering a good half of the lords present at the meeting seemed to be either afraid or comfortable with the Forbearer we'll have to be careful with the members we ask to join to be sure they aren't spies of sorts."

"I shall have the magic research laboratory expanded to become a research hub regarding these issues then." Allam responds. Pointing his rune-covered staff at the goblins and Gwen and the Drake he finishes. "I will create teleport pads that any of you may use to come and go whenever you are able to assist. That should solve the lack of personel to assist us slightly."
Cocking his head to the side, Aussirkepesk eventually gives a nod.
"If it simplifies things do as you wish. Either it be that way, or I could use a useful set of keys I came upon to form a pair of portals. But then I guess we would have to work out terms of service, so teleport pads may be a better choice."

drack
2012-07-20, 05:45 PM
Hog considers this. Perhaps we needn't supply travel at all. In the mean time it seems we can all travel of our own devices freely, and in time more permanent portals can be erected.
OOC:

If you meant the Moon of the Dragon yes you've witnessed about as many of those as years :smallwink:
An Assembly of the Kin is an ancient term that some lesser drakes disgrace from time to time with their childish scuffles. In the ancient times a dragon of your caliber would have perhaps survived, but thus far the only official ruling on when this chronologically occurred is "Long before your time" :smalltongue: Looking at the history of it there are only two nations that exist now that once existed then, and they have split from one vastly diminishing in might. (The Gaiad Forest and the Dark storm.) Of them the Gaiad forest is ruled by mortals that perish with the ebb and flow of tide, but the Dark Storm is ruled by an immortal elemental of great strength said to reside at the heart of the nation. If any could recall those days they would be the Fool and perhaps the ruler of the Dark Storm. (and perhaps a few immortals that served under Izeldus and were left behind assuming any are still alive)

Also just a heads up. of the savage lands, the abandoned Halls of Izeldus are defiantly the most dangerous area on the map, with the Gaiad Forest second and Dark Storm third. The former because it is the home of all those left behind, the latter because it is a storm in which countless elementals rend the earth without pause, and the Gaiad Forest because it is a high fanticy forest that serves as the resting place for dangerous beings more attuned with nature, as well as because the "witches" who defend it are ruthless an kill all who trespass in their sacred woods.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-21, 01:39 AM
"I do not wish portals that can be seized and used by others in your locations. No offense. My base is being constructed in a new demiplane within the Ethereal Plane, I will depart for there shortly to begin the first stage of construction. Only one portal shall exist, one linking the new demiplane to this fortress. I will be erecting defenses similar to those we have here right now, but stronger and more permanent. Even the Gods will struggle to reach us.
An underling of mine is quite adept with rune circles and I can create one keyed to each of you personally to allow direct teleportation through the defenses.

Agree with your word of caution regarding the other lords. My spies however may find some within their kingdoms who are more to our mindset that can aid us.

I am interested in your idea of a trip to the elemental planes. Do you mind if I send two of my assistants to join you? I will be busy on the Ethereal plane, but they may be of use."

"I too have business to attend to I am sorry. The Duke here can perhaps accompany you? Burzum replies turning to the Death Knight."

the death knights voice slides through the room like oil.
"I shall be busy also Burzum, even attending this meeting is using much of my time. I have troops to prepare for our first raid, you yourself must soon be ready to fly."

"Yes good point. My own darkwing craft is ready then? Are we all done then Hog? I wish to show a few things to Gwyn and Aussirkepesk here before they depart."

drack
2012-07-21, 06:04 AM
:I have nothing more to add" Hog replies.

Igneel
2012-07-21, 12:19 PM
"I do not wish portals that can be seized and used by others in your locations. No offense.
"No apologizes needed. I understand your concern. I only suggested it as its a easy enough of a matter to key them to specific people, items, or even ones beliefs. Its of course not a promised security feature, but it was a thought."

"I am interested in your idea of a trip to the elemental planes. Do you mind if I send two of my assistants to join you? I will be busy on the Ethereal plane, but they may be of use."
"I would not mind, but I have some conditions. First they do not cause harm to the Immoths. They are typically peaceful and tend to prefer the more diplomatic ways of obtaining things. To threaten or harm will make things harder on me. If they have things to offer the Immoths in ways of knowledge, all the better for trading.
Secondly, they will also need some form of way to survive in the extreme colds of the Ice Plane colder then even Stygia along with supposedly being in extreme heights of mountain-like formations. Magic or natural traits for transport and immunity to the cold is preferable. My wings can only carry so much after all.
And lastly, I will do my best to not let harm come to them, but if they foolishly provoke the natives I cannot promise protection that is beyond my power. Have to take into consideration that we are invading their home and have to abide by their rules."
Edit: "Oh, and unlike most Elementals, they do enjoy the occasional snacking on flesh, typically humanoid but they don't care really. Just fyi."

"Yes good point. My own darkwing craft is ready then? Are we all done then Hog? I wish to show a few things to Gwyn and Aussirkepesk here before they depart."
Tilting his head to the side much in the similar manner of a curious hunting cat, AussirKepesk raises a proverbial eyebrow.
"Something to show us? You've got me curious now."

drack
2012-07-21, 12:43 PM
Sensing that his stay was worn out despite the presence of the wards confining them hog patiently waits knowing it would be rude to tear them down.

Just tossing up another casual reminder that with the tie stream of the plane you're on the elemental planes, abyss, and hell (as well as countless other planes from within the standard cosmology) are all at a virtual standstill. :smallwink:

Igneel
2012-07-21, 01:02 PM
Just tossing up another casual reminder that with the tie stream of the plane you're on the elemental planes, abyss, and hell (as well as countless other planes from within the standard cosmology) are all at a virtual standstill. :smallwink:

Well its either I go visiting them, or I start Gating them in. And Gating them in is just plain rude! I mean, imagine it from their point of view... There you are minding your own business, reading a book or something important to you when all of a sudden you get pulled away from your work and am forced onto another plane against your will!
No, its much better to go and at least knock on their doors to interrupt their work. Not to mention I can talk to several others if one can't help. :smalltongue: (I'm joking of course, AussirKepesk is only doing this because he wants to stay on their friendly side as a possible go-to-info location)

drack
2012-07-21, 01:05 PM
K, just your friendly neighborhood DM warning you against leaving your kingdom unattended for many centuries when a powerful mortal enemy is beginning to appear. :smallwink: after all who am I to prevent you from dropping into a natural temporal stasis of your own will.

Igneel
2012-07-21, 01:40 PM
K, just your friendly neighborhood DM warning you against leaving your kingdom unattended for many centuries when a powerful mortal enemy is beginning to appear. :smallwink: after all who am I to prevent you from dropping into a natural temporal stasis of your own will.

Who said I was leaving my place unguarded? Gwyn will of course be staying till I get back (if I even leave :smallwink:). Amazingly enough Gwyn (both 1.0 & 2.0) can be deadlier then I could hope to be. Only difference is that 1.0 couldn't penetrate my Cold Immunity, let along grieviously injure me. 2.0 can with just her touch along with my SR to knock my Dex score at least down to pitiful levels, or cause serious damage.

And I didn't plan on being gone for centuries! Exactly how big of a time difference is it? 1 round there = days/weeks/what have you here? Why are you trying to ruin my little road trip/side quest before it even started?!

drack
2012-07-21, 01:59 PM
Eh, just that I said that the time stream was fast enough that far realms looked to be slugging along by comparison. :smallconfused: Sure deals with allot of epic cheese easily, but it has the unpleasant side effect of restricting planer travel a wee bit... (this was somewhere in the first thread, back when everyone was trying out all their cheese to see how solid the game is.)

Igneel
2012-07-21, 02:14 PM
Eh, just that I said that the time stream was fast enough that far realms looked to be slugging along by comparison. :smallconfused: Sure deals with allot of epic cheese easily, but it has the unpleasant side effect of restricting planer travel a wee bit... (this was somewhere in the first thread, back when everyone was trying out all their cheese to see how solid the game is.)

Oh yeah...
Somehow I forgot ^^;

drack
2012-07-21, 02:21 PM
Yeah, it's cool. :smallbiggrin: It isn't really that big a focus of the game considering all the little political things you're all probably going to be a bit busy with.
Edit: just making sure to remind you before you jump ship.

Igneel
2012-07-21, 03:12 PM
Wonder if I could Gate my Fortress to the Elemental Plane of Ice...
I remember someone threatening me by saying they would do that to the Plane of Fire but now I'm wondering if its possible since it only states you can take creatures through it...

Gaiyamato
2012-07-21, 06:47 PM
I guess that deals with the side trip. lol.

drack
2012-07-21, 06:56 PM
guess so :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-07-21, 06:59 PM
Would it be possible to research a level 9 spell that created a sphere of time around us, like Planar Bubble for example.
Wait.. I think Planar bubble might already do that..... *goes to look*

EDIT: Yes it does. Going by the wording. It says EVERY trait of the home plane.
Down to gravity and the way magic works.
We could use that to travel and then use sending messages to talk.

drack
2012-07-21, 07:04 PM
It would, wouldn't it. :smallbiggrin: Well, go for it if you'd like to, but remember. 300 minutes/casting. get the damned girl out of the prince's arm before the bell strikes. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-07-21, 07:07 PM
Well that is 5 hours...

Oooh now here is the thing. Is that our time, their time or some sort of weird relative time?

Also email sent to you.

drack
2012-07-21, 07:10 PM
The spell exists within your time, but that's assuming level 30CL, and with a day as say a week then you could instantlybe lost just by being lazy on posting, so I'd suggest setting aside a time for it if you do it around when we get to that. Otherwise you're probably safe. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-07-21, 11:56 PM
Hmm... Good thing I have Extend/Persist metamagic feats. Course Persist doesn't work with Planar Bubble thanks to its range being touch, so Extend will at least double the duration. Lucky us huh? :smallwink:
But yeah, will definitely need to make sure that rl doesn't get in the way to keep me/us from posting.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-22, 02:22 AM
We can pick a day sometime soon when we are both online and do it.
Actually Drack, maybe we could do this over skype even?

drack
2012-07-22, 05:43 AM
Don't have it but thee are plenty of IM places online that you don't need an account. :smallbiggrin:

Igneel
2012-07-22, 12:32 PM
There was one place that I was once brought to that had dice rollers and didn't require accounts. Just had to set up usernames for the conversation and pick a color then go.
Taking a look through my pms, it was a site called Piratepad.net, not sure if you guys are familiar with it.

drack
2012-07-22, 12:44 PM
yup: http://piratepad.net/pZ6WdZFScK
not the one Igneel was thinking, so we'll go with this one that actually has a roll :smalltongue: http://us5.chatzy.com/38125427593825

Igneel
2012-07-22, 01:47 PM
Maybe we should set up a time?
I'm personally Central Standard Time.

Gaiyamato
2012-07-22, 05:25 PM
I am GMT +10

drack
2012-07-22, 05:41 PM
Sleep schedule is currently around GMT-(3-6) :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-07-23, 02:12 PM
Should probably clarify that I'm GMT-5, can stay up till like 3am, but then generally wakes up ~10am-12pm :smalltongue:
Sometimes I forget not everyone is in America :smallbiggrin:
Hmm... Seems we have a bit of a schedule problem ^^;

drack
2012-07-23, 02:43 PM
OK, who feels constricted in terms of when they can be on? :smalltongue: That person should say when they're free first, and let everyone check if that works for them. Easy peasy

Gaiyamato
2012-07-23, 04:39 PM
I am free GTM+10 Varying and scattered times from 7AM through to 1AM on random days of the week.

drack
2012-07-23, 04:49 PM
Hmm, which good days are coming up? :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-07-23, 04:52 PM
Tomorrow I have an job interview at 10am, with approx. 40+ minutes of driving to and back so I don't know exactly when I'll be able to get on at least before noon GMT-5.
As I've said before, I generally get on ~10am, stay on for as long as I can (generally till 5pm) before handing it over to my sisters, and pending on when they get tired of it get back on and stay up till max of 3am.

drack
2012-07-23, 05:17 PM
So noon GMT -5 work for you Gaiyamato?

Gaiyamato
2012-07-23, 05:23 PM
This Wednesday might be good actually, and perhaps Thursday as well.

Igneel
2012-07-23, 05:32 PM
Wednesday or Thursday doesn't have anything planned currently, so just give me a time to try to wake up for (darn insomnia :smallannoyed:) and I'll aim to get on then. XD

drack
2012-07-23, 05:40 PM
wendsday is cool by me too.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-05, 08:49 PM
Burzum had invited the drake to remain for the night where they sat hunkered down and discussed plans and great hair-brained schemes through an entire day and until the late hours of the third night.

At dawn Burzum received a note from one of his commanders.
"Ahh it seems that the troops have arrived from across the waste as have the transports. Would you like to see?" Burzum asked AussirKepesk.

Igneel
2012-08-06, 12:41 PM
"But of course. I'm interested in finding more about your 'secret surprise' you discussed earlier."

drack
2012-08-06, 03:55 PM
Third night? It's only the third morning... :smallconfused:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-06, 05:54 PM
Third night? It's only the third morning... :smallconfused:

Skipped that annoying daytime rubbish

Burzum led the drake out into the cold fresh early evening air. The climb was a long one up dozens of flights of white stone staircases, twisting it's way up through the cliffs, then up a tower and out onto the roof of a half constructed castle.
Stretched out before them was the city, it's lights shining out over it's flat roves. But clear to the two standing there, primarily because they could see in the dark, was the hundreds upon hundreds of thousands of troops, marching to drum beat in massive columns outside the city and down to the docks. Over a million Orcs with muskets slung over their shoulder, or pushing on the mammoths who drag massive cannons behind them, or hauling seemingly endless barrels of gunpowder. Down to the ships the huge lines stretch, over a thousand ships anchored at port. The lights shinning on the ships, reflected on the water like bright stars, as they take turns at loading themselves full of Orcs and munitions. Overhead four flying machines chugged their way in a large and graceful arc, practicing flying maneuvers.

"What do you think of stage one of the mainland invasion?" Burzum quietly asked Assirkirpesk.
"I will land these troops and break them up as we fan out and annex the entire southern peninsula wilderness."

Igneel
2012-08-06, 06:10 PM
Looking over the vast horde before him AussirKepesk lazily blinks as he drinks in the sight.

"Impressive as always Burzum, you never cease to amaze me with the vast number of followers you command. But then I suppose we wouldn't be allies if you didn't have something to offer in the area of entertainment huh?" Sweeping his head from one end of the horizon to the other he half considers the resources used for such numbers is entertains the thought that as much as he would enjoy having this many followers, the feeding and care of them would take up too much for him. "I almost wish that I took on that fool while I had the chance. Would of loved having his blood in my gullet."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-06, 06:14 PM
"Well as soon as we find him or any of his people we will certainly not tally next time I think. Now then how are you at swimming?"

Igneel
2012-08-06, 06:31 PM
"Do you really need to ask? I swim faster then most marine life. Why do you ask?"

Read as: He has a Swim speed of 150ft, same as his Burrow :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-06, 06:56 PM
"Excellent. Meet you down blow then." Burzum walked his way back down the stairs deep into the complex until he was at water level. There carved into the rock sat a sheltered room, half-filled with water with a strange metallic contraption bobbing about in it. Burzum and a crew of engineers climbed aboard and the vessel sunk beneath the waves.
Hoping that the drake was about close enough to follow, Burzum gave the command to dive. Down into the dark cold waters the ship went, groaning and creaking as it did so. Until they reached maximum depth. There two bright lights flicked on in the front of the ship illuminating what was in front of them.

A titanic golem made of dark blue ice, carved from the wastelands itself. The drake himself was only the size of a single eye. The rest of it vanished into the icy depths below, but the winter drake was capable of seeing the more than 300 foot tall golem, a complete likeness of Burzum himself. Presumably based on his pre-decay days. Slowly the head of the Golem turned to examine the submersible and the drake.

OOC: The submarine stops just outside of the anti-magic field.

Igneel
2012-08-06, 09:18 PM
Following close behind Burzum, he dives in after the vessel his friend climbs into, keeping up with just a few swings and flicks of his tail to propel himself forward. Upon coming close enough to the golem, Aussirkepesk would of whistled if not for the fact a dragon's maw doesn't replicate the intricacies of the humanoid lips for such a gesture.

'My, my... I didn't know that you as well took up the art of sculpture my friend.' AussirKepesk communicates using his telepathy. 'Here and I thought I was the only one that enjoyed the fun of creating from ice. You've risen the bar for our competition yet again.'
Despite the lack of being able to actually talk to Burzum with his vocal chords, there is a hint amusement and possibly even a purr in AussirKepesk's mental voice. The drake always has loved the look of ice in any form besides liquid or gas.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-06, 11:28 PM
Burzum responded to the mental communication "Not my doing, not even Allam has the skill to make this. The sex cult of Vershnat made this for me. Cost me a small fortune and several thousand souls, but I think it will prove worth it in the end. It can fly and swim quite fast, is immune to all magic and most mundane weapons. A true killing machine. I intend to pour my surplus income into more of these."
The Golem began to stir at the presence of the watchers, slowly a titanic hand rose from the deep darkness of the ocean toward the pair. "Time for us to leave my friend before we are crushed by an icy fist." with that Burzum ordered the sub to turn and slowly make it's way back to the surface.

Igneel
2012-08-09, 12:36 AM
'I see... Well if you had let me know, me and Gwyn would of spared some of my special ice that is much harder then the norm along with never melting in the warmer climates.'

Even as the golem starts reaching out, AussirKepesk doesn't worry too much as he backs up easily enough.

'If that is what your worried about. It looks to me he just wishes to give his father a hug...'

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 12:46 AM
The pair returned to the submarine bay quickly.
Once on dry land again Burzum asked the drake as they slowly walked back u the stairs. "Now that the tour is over we should get down to business. You wanted to attempt a tour to an elemental plane at some point? Would you mind if I send my men to accompany you after the land annexation has commenced? Not sure what I will run into is all."

Igneel
2012-08-09, 01:01 AM
Giving a quick shake to rain water on those around him, AussirKepesk gets back to business. "Of course I don't mind, of course I have some work of my own as well. There should be a spell I can prepare that will keep myself and any that come with me from being slowed by the difference in time between there and here."

Pausing for a moment AussirKepesk ponders a thought. "Have you ever heard of the 'Killer Frost' before? I have stumbled on fragments of its existance, and have started preparing the ritual to see exactly how 'Killer' it is..."

DMGII, ~pg115, think it requires a K.(history) DC 40 to even know what it is, and anything higher then DC 50 requires a DC 25 Will save or become geas-ed to try and make one.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 01:20 AM
"Sorry, I know a lot but i do not know specific details about such magic. Allam or the Zombie Lord might know though. The Black knights Dracolich friend might also know. But I focus on leading my orcs and swinging my sword." Burzum paused thinking. "There might be some slaves available after this next assault if we come across a few human - or otherwise - towns. so i might wind up with a surplus of dead bodies, perhaps even living ones. I would be willing to lend you some for experiments, perhaps even sell them in bulk if i get enough."

I know as a player. But none of my characters know.

Igneel
2012-08-09, 01:41 AM
"I figured as much. From what I gleamed it slowly encompasses the world in a winter storm centered on a specially carved sculpture, and those within close proximity of approximately a mile will guard the statue through some magic. Even if its destroyed they will try to re-carve another while the magic dies off over several years. I'm interested in dropping off a few as 'gifts' and seeing how they go, especially among the weaker willed beings of the light. I'll check with those you mentioned before continuing with the ritual, as obviously there is something I don't quite know about it if its such a hard to find piece of knowledge."
Almost sitting up on his hind legs to clap his fore talons, AussirKepesk almost smiles at the mention of new bodies, live or dead. "Gwyn would absolutely love to have a few new playthings to pass the hours while I work on my sculptures. Why, we might even be able to create you some new ghosts, vampires, greater wraiths and what not to compliment your armies."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 06:32 AM
"That sounds interesting. There would be little purpose to placing one within the frost-fell, but when I have gained my mainland foothold you would be welcome to begin placing them where you need to within my realms.
Although if it is global why not just make it and place it within your own fortress? Sounds a little too easy to me." he nodded at the suggestion of undead. "I have more than enough to control for now. We have our own necromancers. You would be welcome to purchase the excess bodies from us if you needed them however."
Burzum bowed politely to the winter drake. "It was good speaking to you my friend, but I must be departing now. Allam and some of my other casters will be remaining behind, you are most welcome to seek them out and talk to them. If you like you could fly with us. But i feel that perhaps you have your own business to attend to at some time shortly and I will be very very busy for the next few weeks."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 07:25 AM
During the night the huge forces of the orcs load up on the ships, ten endless legions packed like sardines in the massive ships of the orcs. The mighty flying fortresses fly high above them as the fleet moved to the mainland. The distance was short, allowing the flying ships and the first few boats to make the trip during the night, arriving in the morning.

Burzum flew across the fleet and the landing zones in his private flyer, escorted by a squad of 12 flyers. His magical scanning equipment keeping an eye out for enemy flyers and ships and scouting the coast-land for settlements.

drack
2012-08-09, 07:48 AM
OK, so how are you thinking on mass combat? :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 07:53 AM
Depends.. is there even anyone to fight? lol.
If so Heroes of battle will do, or you can chose if you have something better in mind.

drack
2012-08-09, 07:58 AM
OK, and what style attack are you doing? Chopping trees and killing wildlife as you go, or ignore everything and attack only what hits you, or burn all villages you see, but leave the landscape intact?

Also are you sending people under the ocean, or just crossing it?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 08:03 AM
I have my sub scouting under the ocean reporting to Burzum, his flyer can go underwater if needed as well.
I will attempt peaceful contact with anyone I meet rather than engage in instant hostilities. If attacked we will engage with the forces at hand. Leave the forest in tact, just creating a beachhead for now. So piling up on the beaches and making a small makeshift wooden fortress for the arriving forces and to give us somewhere to stockpile supplies.
Not advancing further than short range scouting until we have all landed.

drack
2012-08-09, 08:07 AM
There are a few wild animal attacks, but nothing that couldn't be put down before it led to major injury.
As for the sub its crew is shaken by having seen one too many large shadows vanish before they could discern what it was that had cast it.

Edit:
Oh yeah, and since I don't know your speeds offhand, how late is it by the time you transport
your ships across? (remember, scale of the world sets a circular major nation as 300mi in diameter)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 08:14 AM
Unless something terrible happens we should all arrive ready by early the next day just after sun-up.
520710 individuals in all, plus all 200 great bombards and 400 light bombards.

The epic Golem is on standby and has 200 swim speed if anything happens underwater, he can be there within a few rounds max. The sub has no weapons *cough* feeling rather broke.

drack
2012-08-09, 08:25 AM
So the sub is staying that close to your nation, or the golem is shadowing it? :smallconfused:
(remember even that little stretch of ocean is about 100miles across...

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 08:31 AM
Golem is already patrolling the waters anyway. It can shadow the rear of the fleet give or take. 200 feet per round is 2000 feet per minute or 120000 feet per hour. Same as roughly 24 miles per hour. Which is pretty fast. Traveling from the northern most tip of the hordelands to the southernmost tip of the peninsula I would guess is roughly 10 miles at most. So even if something happens halfway through the trip and is at least a couple of miles off the northern coast he only has to travel 2 or 3 miles at most, which is a few minutes for him.
Plus I can be there very very fast, within a minute myself.

drack
2012-08-09, 08:45 AM
*checks map*... yup, it's closer to 100miles... admittedly a little less, maybe 80, but all the same... anywho it works all the same. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 08:52 AM
Oh.. lol.

Then it would take about 20 hours for us to arrive and the golem would have to trail the end of the fleet. lol.
Leaving at midnight would make the first of us landing at 8PM the following day.

Map needs a scale. lol.

drack
2012-08-09, 08:55 AM
Yeah it does :smallsigh: ... oh wait, we have a cartographer to ask now. :smalltongue:
I'll get on that.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 08:57 AM
Awesome. :smallsmile:

So I guess nothing really happens until the next turn then?

drack
2012-08-09, 08:59 AM
Nah, such a big procession would probably draw the interest of a hungry critter or two, I'm just still book diving. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 09:01 AM
LOL.
Awesome...

drack
2012-08-09, 09:13 AM
OK, I'll admit it, I had pretty much decided before I started looking, just wish there was something homebrewed a bit closer to the mythology of something. :smallannoyed: Anywho more questions first: are the ships flying, or in the water, how tightly packed are the orcs (you can technically go up to 8 per 5/5 space if I recall, just that they can't really move with a few exceptions that won't really apply to yours. :smalltongue:), and about how spread out are they?

Also recall that galleys are "free" at the start, are you using any of those for this transport?
Edit: I should probably also ask for a level breakdown of the passengers. :smalltongue:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 09:17 AM
All of these ships are unarmed galleons. There are orcs with muskets on board, but nothing else usable aside from the spellcasters.
The ships would be moderately spread out, not in tight clumps.
Ships are normal sailing ships, 4 masters.

Burzum and his 12 flyers are circling above along with the two flying fortresses.
Burzum can "fly" under water as well though.. but not in range of the golem's amf.. lol.

Submarine and golem below.

drack
2012-08-09, 09:24 AM
OK, so enough space for them to move/aim/ect?
Also I think I should ask for a general level breakdown. :smallcool:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 09:30 AM
Yeah, they can turn and avoid one another in rough seas and maneuver to fight if needed. Would be silly not to.

10 endless legions [breakdown is in my pdf] spread out over 1000 boats and the two flying fortresses.

Plus there are 20 crew all sailors on every ship.
480 random others on each ship.
Just say that each ship has "stuff". lol.
All the cannons are in the flying fortress cargo hold along with the spare gunpowder and ammunition and food. The ships are just troop transports.

drack
2012-08-09, 09:48 AM
As your boats blanket the seas far below you as algie on a pond you see from your flying post one of those specks explode as a giant shark with two heads emerges beneath it splintering off the side, and rearing at it's hull with massive jaws.

Gargantuan shark
Rolls to see if it splinters completely.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
Edit: it's still afloat, but another blow like that will sink it.

drack
2012-08-09, 09:53 AM
forgot initiative
[roll0]

Gaiyamato
2012-08-09, 10:41 AM
Hardness per section 5
HP per section 80 (one on 58)
Sections: 24

You barely scratched one tiny section of hull. :smalltongue:

The 12 flying machines and Burzum will swoop in for a strafing run and the men on the ship will scramble for weapons.
I'll post the stats tomorrow.

drack
2012-08-09, 10:48 AM
Whoops, missed the section bit. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-08-09, 12:57 PM
"That sounds interesting. There would be little purpose to placing one within the frost-fell, but when I have gained my mainland foothold you would be welcome to begin placing them where you need to within my realms.
Although if it is global why not just make it and place it within your own fortress? Sounds a little too easy to me."
"From the small fragments I discovered, it takes years for the different bands of varying degrees of the frost to spread, with the least cold spreading the fastest and the central spreading miles in years after some amount of time. I plan on making them in my fortress, and teleporting them to the destination before finishing the ritual as to make sure the ritual can take hold with little difficulties in the transport. But indeed, it does sound a bit too easy, which is why I ponder on its effects."

"I have more than enough to control for now. We have our own necromancers. You would be welcome to purchase the excess bodies from us if you needed them however."

Chuckling AussirKepesk shakes his head some. "Indeed, I suppose you would be right about that. But of course if you stumble upon some kobolds or their dragonwrought kin it would be most appreciative to bring them one way or another as to make them into stronger undead beings such as ghost dragons and the like."

Burzum bowed politely to the winter drake. "It was good speaking to you my friend, but I must be departing now. Allam and some of my other casters will be remaining behind, you are most welcome to seek them out and talk to them. If you like you could fly with us. But i feel that perhaps you have your own business to attend to at some time shortly and I will be very very busy for the next few weeks."
"And to you as well friend. I'll seek out Allam and the others before I leave to see to how the initial test sculpture is going, along with preparing other such activities. May the Winterdrake grace you with many a chilling winter to come my friend." Bowing in turn, AussirKepesk seeks out the spell casters where ever they maybe in the castle.

Mostly through his memory of their mental connection and his ability to transmit thoughts to them, in conjecture with simply asking for directions he makes his way through the maze. On the way he picks up Gwyn who he asked to stay behind for the tour.
"Almost ready to leave my snowflake, just have to find Burzum's spellcasters for their opinion on the Killing Frost."
Shaking her head of silvery hair, a slight giggle escapes from her lips.
"You and your pet project M'lord... Do you really plan on going to the Plane of Ice?"
"Why? Do you question the reasoning behind going?"
"Only that your going there to question hermits of elementals for information that you may very well not receive what you want."
"Well you know me well enough to know that there are typically more then one reason for such a side trip. Anyways, where are those spellcasters of Burzum's?"

AussirKepesk and Gwyn continue their search till they can find Allam or any of the others Burzum mentioned by name.

So, after I find them and leave, should I start my own thread, or just continue here? :D

drack
2012-08-09, 01:53 PM
Either way works for me. :smalltongue: (Just make sure I have the link if you make a new thread.)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-10, 12:56 AM
The 12 aircraft perform a strafing group volley attack (sounds like some kind of anime/computer game attack move)
Initiative for entire group: [roll0]
Attacks
[roll1] DC 15
[roll2] unless make a DC 16 reflex save (ignores all damage).

Burzum personally fires at the shark.
Initiative: [roll3]
[roll4] - single roll for all four attacks.
if hits: 1/4 vile, 1/4 negative energy, 1/2 cold
[roll5]
[roll6]
[roll7]
[roll8]

If hit fort save against each of Filth fever, Red ache and Slimy doom or contract them.
If hit 5 DC 36 Fort saves for 1D8 ability score damage each on:
STR, DEX CON, INT, WIS
STR, CON and INT cannot be ignored unless he does not possess these scores, even if immune to ability score damage.

The ship crew on board the nearest ships spend this round scramling to grab their muskets and pistols.
initiative: [roll9]

drack
2012-08-10, 08:01 AM
OK, well that one attack kinda sent it into a coma... :smalltongue: I guess this particular shark will be of the sinking verity, so it slowly drifts down. You get 103xp. (your soldiers really did nothing towards victory, so they don't get xp)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-10, 10:43 PM
Woohoo. lol.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-11, 07:43 AM
Burzum's forces were unloading onto the beaches. The carrier slowly unloading the cannons, food and powder down through the use of winches. The first orcs on the beach had dug in small trenches at the top of the dunes, their muskets loaded and ready with bayonets fixed.
Burzum watched as his escort fighters broke off into three groups to scout - perhaps futilely - over the nearby forest.
Burzum docked with the carrier and walked to the teleport pad to his main flying fortress. As he stepped out of the teleport pad two of his personal guards approached and saluted him.
"Your majesty, compliments on your skillful dispatch of the shark."
Burzum nodded "Thank you, the beast was simply hungry, it would have made a great addition had we been able to secure it. Nuzugum, fetch me my armor and sword. Galagud bring me the seer, I need to find out something." he replied as they walked to the throne room.

Within moments the orc seer entered the room, a member of the council of faiths and a follower of Vershant. The orc was tall and well built, his body an image of physical perfection. Carved into his flesh however were runic shorthand versions of arcane spells. In between the carved runes were glowing blue tattoos and dozens of piercings in seemingly random places. The seer had long since had both of his eyes plucked out in order to enhance his visions. He wore a tattered red robe and carried only an ancient looking battered wooden staff.
"What is it that I can do for you my lord?"
Burzum replied while one of his guards were strapping the massive armor of carved ice onto his body. "Thank you for your quick response. I have been receiving a sending message over and over. I need you to find a way to trace it's origin and send a reply."
The seer grunted. "I am not sure if I have the power to do that. But I could amplify your voice so that you can be heard from miles away?"
Burzum grunted back, a scowl on his face. "That will have to do then. Let us hope that the sender or one of their agents is in range."

OOC:Casting Resounding voice from Heroes of Battle with a 2000 feet range, re-broadcasting my attempted reply from before.
"I am willing to talk. If you can convince me I will leave and take my orcs with me. Even if I do not leave I am willing to find some terms for common ground."

drack
2012-08-11, 04:34 PM
Day ends in three hours (from this post... well more like 2.5, but all the same. :smalltongue: You'll probably have a sea battle tomorrow before you dock, but for mapping purposes about how wide is your formation? (I'll let you throw them up afterwards, just laying it out first. :smalltongue:)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-11, 05:20 PM
Right, probably 80 ships wide I'd say. Limited by the dock space we departed from and the sheer size of the fleet.
So 80x12.5.

drack
2012-08-11, 05:26 PM
So like 50-100' between ships withwise?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-11, 05:32 PM
Yeah about that. 50' I'd say. Enough for a ship to turn lengthwise between two ships with a little room still.
So that would be 4000' wide front of ships. :smalleek:

drack
2012-08-11, 07:00 PM
Just before midnight

Your sub reports a defensive line of Kraken underwater ahead of you, and an odd greenish tint to the water.

You continue sailing, or what? They're not that close to the surface.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-11, 08:50 PM
Burzum signals for the fleet to slow it's progress and personally dives down in his flyer to converse with them. Stopping just out of reach of their tentacles.

"Greetings to the mighty Kraken. I am Burzum lord of the Orc hordelands. I wish to seek permission to peacefully traverse these waters and would like to discuss any terms required by yourselves for such."

OOC: Assuming that Kraken do not have +7 Diplomacy for nothing.
Tongues allowing conversation in the native Kraken tongue.. whatever that is.

My diplomacy roll:
[roll0]

Igneel
2012-08-12, 12:38 AM
*Skipping ahead, assuming that I found the spellcasters, and they have no knowledge to aid me.*

Having finally found Burzum's spellcasters, and unfortunately not able to gleam any new information AussirKepesk and Gwyn teleport back to their icy fortress namely the heart of his Blood Palace.
"Gwyn, kindly select a few spellcasters both of divine and arcane powers for the brainstorm we discussed. No more then a talon's* worth of each. Also, prepare for the black sabbath for tomorrow. Unless I'm very much mistaken its about time we had an offering to our Winterdrake Lord."
"Of course M'Lord."
"I will be getting to work on the first of the statues. Give me updates on the outside world as necessary, or when we have guests. I will call you in turn when the statue nears its end, and will require you to have the prepared spell ready."

Heading for the stairs that leads down to the inner vault of the iceberg, AussirKepesk is greeted by the sight of his lake of coldfire and a portal connected to the Ice plane continuously spilling more coldfire out, and the blocks of ice that he had prepared for his experiment.
"Let's get to work then..."
Taking up specially made tools, he starts chipping away the ice, loosing track of time with his concentration on the work.

The statue requires a cube of ice at least 20 feet by 20 feet by 20 feet. Creating the statue requires 80 hours of labor, and it must be carved by hand. Interrupting the work on the statue does not disrupt the creation process, but all 80 hours of work must be finished before the rest of the ritual can be completed. Once the time has been spent working on the statue, the sculptor must succeed on a DC 25 Craft (sculpting) check or the effort is wasted and she must begin again. As soon as a statue of sufficient quality is complete, three separate symbols of insanity must be graven into the base of the statue within an hour of its completion.

Assuming nothing comes up, AussirKepesk is going to work 79 hours straight (being undead and all). That last hour they will spend in the location of his choosing as to insure it doesn't have ill effects on his people.
Craft check at the end: [roll0] vs 25

*Talon = ~5

drack
2012-08-12, 07:19 AM
Traverse these waters to what ends?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:22 AM
Burzum decided that there was no shame in the truth.
"I seek to conquer the land on the other side of these waters and build an empire for myself. I am willing to agree to reasonable terms to allow my ships to pass. I have no desire to rule under the waves."

drack
2012-08-12, 07:34 AM
Looking upon your form the kraken replies
Than it is as they said. You wish to bind the forest of Gi with rot. It s for this reason that my brothers and I have come to stop you, though we will allow you to return to your fleet before we destroy you. After all, while you sit upon your mighty throne, anything can transpire in the inky depths of war.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 07:50 AM
Burzum replies. "I would rather make friends with the Kraken. I am also willing to negotiate the protection of the more important portions of the forest if it means so much to you. I merely wish to be able to place regular orc settlements in the area and claim dominion. I am willing to fight though if needed."

OOC: How many Kraken are there?

drack
2012-08-12, 08:16 AM
OOC: 34 spaced evenly across 6000'
IC: "We hold ties to the forestlands, and are bound by debt to defend their homes in turn. While it would be preferable for you to flee to your desolate tundra we will fight if we must."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-12, 05:39 PM
OOC:
So my choices are:

Give up on the conquest.
Attack the Kraken myself and die in the attempt and have my fleet probably mostly destroyed as well.
Watch as my entire fleet and most of my forces die crippling me for the rest of the game.

*sigh*

IC:
"So be it. I cannot turn back from the course of events now. I would lose all credibility as a ruler. If you cannot compromise or bargain then our only option is conflict. I personally challenge you all myself. Should I lose my entire force will turn back home. should I win then the path would be clear." Burzum steps out from his flyer, which immediately turns to return to the carrier. Without his armor or sword he appears quite naked. Large nasty claws protrude form his hands however and he appears quite boyant in the water (all those rotting gasses).

Gaiyamato
2012-08-16, 05:49 AM
Just south of Buzuldum Zubbulot the dark prince stood overlooking the construction site. Two massive pits carved into the dark blue ice, thousands zombie workers chipping away at the blue mass to form a perfect circle. It's size and volume precisely calculated, and they were massive, the zombies were merely tiny dots speckled about the inside of the second pit as they worked. Entire armies could be buried in the pits and no one would notice. The first pit had been completed and Allam and a handful of his wizards were carving runes within concentric circles in the base of the pit. Already both pits were surrounded by complex patterns of circles and glowing red angry runes, casting purplish shadows deep within the ice.
Zubbulot did not much care. The sacrifices of the dozen Orcs that had been used already in the magics had simply swelled the ranks of his zombie force. Zubbulot was perhaps the only master of Arcane arts in the entire Orc empire not to have some idea of what was going on. The use of ancient Draconic magics and profane Dark speech, ritual sacrifice and Arcane words so ancient he was clueless as to their meaning. One thing was certain, something large and very very nasty was going to happen. Though the either thousand orcs that were chained up and under guard by the local armies would have been enough of a clue. It was clear that they too were destined to join the ranks of Zubbulot's undead.
The thing he was puzzling over now however was the endless field of barrels of sewage and offal, the mountains of those who had died from disease. Burzum had even had some of the plague victims imported for whatever was to come. Disgusting decaying stuff. Zubbulot was not bothered, himself a zombie, and Burzum was renowned for his connection to decay, his love of festering rotting stuff.
What was it all for??

Gaiyamato
2012-08-16, 06:02 AM
Within the fortress of Kaezeroth the Dark Knight sat with Arth'ssren, the great Dracolich in deep conversation. They were preparing for the newest meeting, soon representatives of the white fleet and the pirates in the region would arrive and the talks would begin in earnest. Their bribery sums were meagre, most of the money in the kingdom coffers having been spent either on gunpowder, cannons or cannon balls. Some of it had even be siphoned off for the purchase of human plague victims from the north. Duke Drath'azgul did not care. His orders were to secure the alliance with the pirates, such as it were.

"The pirate groups mostly operate as mercenaries of sort. Random pirating is not hugely profitable. But privateering is very much so. I say we focus more on that angle." The Duke was saying.
A low growl as if form the abyss itself issued forth from the Dracolich's mouth. "I don't care. Why am I even here?" he paused and thought for a split second. "Jonas of the white fleet is certainly a mercenary type. However I doubt he will be so easily swayed as any smaller independent pirating types. You should approach him not as a mercenary but as a monarch in his own right. It does only seem fair and fitting after all. Flattery would get you far."

At this point an Orc soldier entered the room and saluted the Duke, while nervously eyeing off the Dracolich. "Sir. Da guy wats from da pirates iz ere. Wan me da show im up ere den?" he spoke, barely managing to force the words out in the common tongue.
Bowing his head for a moment the Duke sighed softly through his dry dead lips. "Fine. Yes. Thank you.". The Orc saluted and crisply turned and headed back out.
When he had gone Drath'azgul chuckled and spoke to the Dracolich. "If it were not for Burzum I would not be here at all."
Arth'ssren made a sound like a snort, only being made of bones it did not really work. "If it were not for you I would not be here at all. I care not for Buzrum's dreams of conquest or even divinity. There is much more out there than all this rot. I hate this cramped little cave. I really just want to go back to my mountain. Why am I here again?"

drack
2012-08-16, 09:12 AM
Should I be posting his entrance, or would you like to start it off?

Gaiyamato
2012-08-16, 09:43 AM
Up to you dude. :smallsmile:

drack
2012-08-16, 10:21 AM
A large man enters the room garbed in pants withered away past the knee by the endless tides, and a magical cloak black as pitch hanging loosely from his bare torso to his shoeless feet. His eyes, like black pits, take in the icy realm, as he mutters in a dark voice "I knew there was a reason we keep to the northern seas..." His hair is unkempt and nearly down to his waste, and his beard nearly as much so, and twin scimitars hang at his waste.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 02:54 AM
The Duke stood and gave a small polite bow.
"Welcome to the fortress of Kaezeroth, is there anything I can fetch you before we start?" he greeted the pirate with.

drack
2012-08-17, 08:20 AM
"No, no, let us begin." the man replies.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 09:09 AM
The Duke sits down and gestures to a stone stool for the white fleet representative to do the same.

"The first offer Burzum has made is simple. We will provide free access to any ports we control for your ships to re-supply or crews to simply even holiday. We are also prepared to supply up to 100 Galleons, large four master square riggers that can be fitted out with a lot of firepower, but you will need to crew them. We are also willing to produce and sell cannons and muskets - as well as the required ammunition - for half the standard market price to you exclusively.
In return we would like the White Fleet to extend it's presence into these waters down here, and to loot and pillage to your heart's content anything that is not ours or our allies. We will provide a list of ports and the names of ships you cannot touch.

If you agree to this the Orc nation is prepared to recognise Jonas as the legal and undisputed rightful King of all pirates and uphold his claims. We would expect the same in return. "

drack
2012-08-17, 03:12 PM
Jonas having taken his seat silently listens to the orc, starring with those sharp eyes accustomed to scanning the currents below. At the end he laughs, a great booming laugh that fills your halls. "So let me ask you this. You offer us ships and arms, but in exchange you wish to control us. Offering to acknowledge me as a king of pirates?" Again the man laughs, and much of the myrth seems to have gone cold. "So you wish us not only to claim a new sea, but for pirates to heed your laws, raid only your foes, and pay for our goods? I fear you sadly misunderstand the meaning of the word 'pirate'. As for your titles keep them, the seas flow as they will, and eventually perhaps a new lad will come who can match me in combat and outmaneuver my fleets. Perhaps his name will be the one that sends ice even through your own heart. I would not wish for hollow titles, as the pirates will ever follow the the most feared and fearless among us, doing as we please."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 05:35 PM
"You seem to have misunderstood. We do not wish to control you, simply to ensure that you do not target us. You do not need to obey our laws or our commands. We wish to work more closely as friends and allies. The payment for arms is only natural, it costs to produce them and stealing them is not as easy a task. But of course whatever you take in your raids is yours as is your right. We ask you to extend your range down south so that you can make better use of our offer of safe ports and to facilitate trade between us. After all loot is worthless if you have nowhere to spend it. However it would be a worthless agreement if it were our or our allies trade ships you were looting. That is the only purpose for our terms.

The recognition of the title of King was merely a gesture of goodwill. We can recognise any the pirates chose as leader for so long as they remain leader. Kings change in all lands. How you chose your next King is of no concern to us. Your affairs are your own. Whatever title you apply is also of no concern. But as a leader of an entire people who controls a region that makes you a Monarch of sorts at any rate and worthy of some respect."

drack
2012-08-17, 06:22 PM
Sighing Jonas looks levelly at the small orc. "And what motivation would we have to come south beyond a few hips we could steal from any nation along the ways? Our numbers would dwinle in combat to take these seas, and for what? Your nation and that of the ice dragon are the only two worth raiding this far south. Canidus is already ours. Unless you think us fools enough to settle for raiding shrubbery from the woodlands, or worse to raid the ancient halls? No, I can see no profit without raiding your lands, and those of your allies, and even then it would only weaken our hold on the north."

Gaiyamato
2012-08-17, 06:27 PM
The Duke nods. His face being a mere skull makes it hard to discern his emotions.
"Well for now then remain in the north. It does not bother us.
But if you would like the ships and the cheap arms then what is there that you can offer us?"

drack
2012-08-17, 07:21 PM
As we are rarely in the region I see little, though perhaps when you find something you will tell us. Though I'll inform you first that when we can already lay claim to any vessel on the high seas, it is hardly worth the effort for a handful of ships. Perhaps we will discuss this again when you offer more and ask less of us.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 12:59 AM
"The offer was a fair one. These are not toy ships we are talking about. Any one of them when fully armed could tear apart any four of your ships before being sunk.
Are you saying that you have no use of strong vessels, advanced weapons and safe ports?"

Dr.Orpheus
2012-08-18, 02:02 AM
Over the site of a shiny metallic transparent rainbow snake with fathered wings, bug wings, bat wings, human face, long animated hair, halo, horns, fangs, glowing eyes, warped facial features, and stinger appears a half mile above you. Whether you see it depends on your senses, but not likely. I telepathically with whoever seems to be the man in charge "Hello, are you acceptin' visitors at this moment?"

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 02:19 AM
Allam stands overlooking the construction site of the Dreg Titan. He feels the presence appear above him and slowly raises his eyes to the skies and looks right at the snake. His voice rumbles from his throat as he speaks to the newcomer.
"I am the one who is in charge here. But my lord is the Orc Emperor Burzum who is currently not available. I am authorised to negotiate on his behalf. However I have been expecting you since I saw the possibility of your arrival in the stars long ago. You will either destroy us this day or join in an alliance that will make the Gods of this world take notice."

The casters standing around Allam look up into the sky confused some of them start to look more than a little frightened. The undead continue their work carving out the pits however and with a flick of his wrist the other spellcasters reluctantly go back to their work.
Zubbulot wanders over however raising one rotting eyebrow at Allam.
"Who are you talking to?" he asks calmly.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-08-18, 02:39 AM
Shedding his cover Ha-Kniellghy descends to a respectable distance and retracts his stinger for an appendage shake. "Well I am here for an alliance, but know that we will not need to worry about the gods until the alliance is fully formed. So does Burzum wish to join this powerful fivesome or ignore the opportunity?"

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 02:45 AM
"Burzum seeks power. Yes he has agreed to the alliance. Know that it does not sit comfortable with me however. He agrees to far too many alliances and seeks to make friends to eagerly.
But I am his servant for now and so I am willing to agree to an alliance of equals between yourself and Emperor Burzum. As I have been instructed to do so."

"And you give your mind too easily Allam." Zubbulot replied. "The more powerful allies we have the better the Orcs will be able to crush this world beneath our feet. Burzum is wise." he finished, half speaking to Allam and half to the newcomer.
"If you are as powerful as has been foretold then perhaps you might be willing to help us here as a gesture of good faith! We require the rotting corpse of powerful being to begin the construction of our first Dreg Titan, which will then go forth to destroy our enemies. Would you be able to acquire something of sufficient power for us?"

Dr.Orpheus
2012-08-18, 04:33 AM
"I happen to have such a corpse right now." I then regurgitate a naga only slightly smaller then myself. "This is Ha-Trent a former meal of mine." This corpse is rotting, partially digested, and lv. 30 gestalt. I then go about some internal process following the regurgitation.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 05:51 AM
"That is perfect!" Zubbulot exclaims as he directs his zombies to move it into the first of the prepared pits.
"Disgusting, but highly useful yes." Allam replies. "Very well, we welcome you as an ally. By what name shall we call you?"

drack
2012-08-18, 11:35 AM
Posts 140-145 based on metagaming: annulled. :smallcool:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-08-18, 11:40 AM
"My name is Ha-Kniellghy, and this name is all that one need say to contact me. Now I must be off to find the dragon of winter and the dragon of dragons." Then suddenly everyone happens to blink at the same time and when you eyes open I am gone.

I am now teleporting to Igneel.

Edit: I just need to change a few actions slightly then I should be able to proceed as normal.

drack
2012-08-18, 02:18 PM
Post 147 annulled on account of metagaming. :smallcool:

Gaiyamato
2012-08-18, 08:25 PM
lol. Oh dear. :smalltongue:

Igneel
2012-08-20, 01:15 AM
I am now teleporting to Igneel.

AussirHurthia (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=253253)

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 02:24 AM
OOC:
Can we get some resolution to the issues with Dr.O?
I need to know what counts and what doesn't.

Also Drack. Piratey stuff? lol.
Or did Jonas stay over for an entire day?

Spending new income:

+50 Cannons (Light Bombard). 3940 more to make.... :smallfrown:
Divert 10,000gp to the new settlement -> converts to 20,000gp as per Landlord.
Bank the rest.

drack
2012-08-20, 09:15 AM
Dr. O is not with you. As for pirate stuff we can tie that up and say it was in the other day.

"The save port of our own island is enough, and if your ships are as good as you claim then we could capture them just as easily. Unless that was meant as a threat orc." At the mention of thread a grin breaks across his face as if he is genuinely amused by the idea.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 10:10 AM
OOC:
He is talking to a Death Knight and a Dracolich... lol.

IC:
"No threat, just a statement of fact regarding the power of our navy. Well I suppose you have better weapons than our muskets as well then? If so then there is nothing that either can offer. You have nothing we need except cooperation and you seem happy to not expand your fleets or better arm your men without costing the lives of your pirates."

drack
2012-08-20, 03:03 PM
OOC: is the death knight's base race orc by any chance? :smalltongue:

IC:
Better weapons? That would depend on if the archer is counter alongside his arms. Surly you would not hope to match me using my sword in place of your own armaments, and we have no need to handicap ourselves by imitating another force. All the same I will see myself out.

Gaiyamato
2012-08-20, 05:17 PM
OOC:
Orog Half-fiend actually.
So yeah.. Orc. lol.

IC:
"I suppose we are done then. Good day." he waves his hands and two guards (armed with muskets) escort the pirate out and down to his ship.

drack
2012-08-20, 05:49 PM
He returns to the small fleet outside your gates and departs.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-07, 08:25 PM
"Ah orc's don't panic, I am Ha-Knieghlly. I am here two see your leader for peaceful diplomacy."

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-07, 10:06 PM
Dr O
Edit: Changing this actually, to solve my own problem. Since the real me is already with my nation, the version will go with Ha-Knieghlly for the meeting(s). If he offers some nagas though, I will accept the help of up to half a dozen.

The giant teleports with Ha-Knieghlly, appearing above the peasants as he hangs in the sky. His appearance is now that of a normal humanoid with skin so bronzed he looks like he is from the desert, his wide shouldered and strong-jawed. No hair grows atop his head; his ears are well formed though jagged at the very ends, and eyes as black as the void stare out from beneath furrowed dark brows. He wears fine fabrics of silver and purple, and a pair of spears with overly long blades and ornate runes both arcane and divine in origin are sheathed in an X across his back. "Where is your leader?" he inquires.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-07, 10:47 PM
Drack&MoonlitI will give him 6 of my level 25's.

drack
2012-09-08, 07:43 AM
Doc. O
Elaborate

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-08, 10:47 AM
DrackWell Moonlit wants a bit of help in the maze so I had sent him enough.

drack
2012-09-08, 11:16 AM
Dr.Orpheus

Ah, so that's what you mean. OK then. :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-09-10, 04:21 AM
Sooo what is going on? o_O
Are we back to where we were before now?

drack
2012-09-10, 05:05 AM
Gaiyamato

Suppose so :smalltongue: Minus the stars part.

Gaiyamato
2012-09-10, 06:36 AM
Drack

So can I use a permanent cloned version of Dr.Os character for the construction of a Titan or is that a little too easy for your liking?
If not then would I be allowed to use three of my four Winterwights?

drack
2012-09-10, 06:57 AM
Gaiyamato

Clone: only if hes essence gets meshed up there too. :smalltongue:

Where are these winterwights coming from again?

Gaiyamato
2012-09-10, 09:57 AM
The winterwights are controlled by my epic spellcasters who have silly levels of rebuke.
I have 4 powerful enough casters so I started with 4 winterwights.
I just have not used them yet to date, they have been hanging about the place doing nothing. They are in my pdf in the undead listings.

drack
2012-09-10, 10:13 AM
GaiyWell they would need to be level 64 equivalant for rebuke to control them, but first comes the problem of obtaining them. You can't really make them, so the only way I really see them acquiring them is the gate spell which would knock them each down a level... :smallconfused:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-10, 11:43 AM
So I will follow directions until I find the king of these Orcs. Gather Information [roll0] and people I ask get a +4 on recalling information.

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-10, 05:19 PM
Assisting on gathering directions: Gather Information: [roll0]

Gaiyamato
2012-09-10, 07:26 PM
Drack

Winterwights (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/epic/monsters/winterwight.htm)
Only 32HD, nothing special. All of my epic characters have 10x or 8x undead HD in command level.

Turning only needs +2 bonus total to succeed on a 20 for my main rebuker, and he has a LOT more than that (+10 bonus so only needs a 12+ to succeed, +4 rebuke level, so total max hd = 34 for him). Simple little spell to just hand control over to another character.

Command and Control easily work no worries as well.

Command the undead and then repeatedly rebuke it until he succeeds, then hand control to another caster.

If Winterwights are going to exist anywhere it would be the frostfell. :smalltongue:

drack
2012-09-10, 07:38 PM
Gaiy

Npope, you're looking at turning/rebuking. Commanding/destroying you need a minimum of a turning level equal to twice their effective HD, so in this case 64 (32*2=64). The HD cap is the easy part.

Exist: or another plane... and even if they are there you have a low risk of catching one in as good a containment scenario as if you summon one...

Gaiyamato
2012-09-10, 08:00 PM
Drack

You have it around the wrong way. The spell lets you control 1+ undead creatures of up to a total HD equal to 2HD per caster level. CL 26 = 52HD.
More than enough for a Winterwight.

The other lets you command a creature regardless of it's HD so long as it fails it's will save.

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-10, 09:40 PM
Assuming I could figure something out from my check I will go to this orc king or wherever I have been told that he normally is or to whoever I have been told has more information on where the orc king might be.

drack
2012-09-11, 06:28 AM
Gaiyamato

Oh, I was thinking the cleric ability. :smalltongue: In either case you still need a surefire summon method...

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-12, 10:52 PM
Well if their was no problem with finding Gai then I guess we can start conversation. "Hi there sir. We are not salesmen and would just like to talk a little injustice league forming. You have the chance to be one of the founding members."

drack
2012-09-12, 10:54 PM
I'd figure if nobody is directing you to him he's probably out at an unknown location. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-12, 11:07 PM
I was unable to tell if I had found no information or if I was being put on hold until you and Gai were done with your spoilered conversation.

drack
2012-09-12, 11:36 PM
I'm somewhat unsure too. :smalltongue:

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-15, 01:04 AM
I've tried contacting Gai with no prevail.

drack
2012-09-15, 06:23 AM
Well he hasn't been on in the last five days. :smalltongue: Truth be told forum activity changes with the season. We're currently in a slower season, so this isn't really that uncommon. Ya just wait an in 2-3 weeks chances are you'll hear something if you've PMed them and such. :smallbiggrin:

Gaiyamato
2012-09-17, 01:03 AM
Gaiyamato

Oh, I was thinking the cleric ability. :smalltongue: In either case you still need a surefire summon method...

Drack

Environment: Any

They can be found anywhere that is cold. Sure to be at least 4 wandering around the Frostfell region of the south pole...

Dr.O

Allam would direct you to where Burzum is sitting on his throne in his flying castle to the north. Finding me is no problem.

drack
2012-09-17, 06:33 AM
Gaiyamoto

OK, if you can show to me that you can capture one. Anywho we'll do this when you have a bit more time...

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-17, 09:44 AM
After following directions, "My name is Ha-kniellghy, and I would like to talk about merging and expanding my goals of conquest as a teem. Me and my friend behind me will match any resource you share with us, and we will split the world equally among ourselves once we are finished. The exception being myself as I need noland."
Yay Gai's back!

EDIT: Wait it seems I already have an opening line. :smallbiggrin: I will just use the newer one.
Well if their was no problem with finding Gai then I guess we can start conversation. "Hi there sir. We are not salesmen and would just like to talk a little injustice league forming. You have the chance to be one of the founding members."

drack
2012-09-17, 05:39 PM
OOC: sort of :smalltongue: He still has plenty to do IRL.

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-17, 06:13 PM
A bald, wide-shouldered humanoid follows the Ha-Naga into the flying castle, giving a nod as he is shown before the throne.

"Hello and well met, King of the Orcs. I am Kalypto, Lord of the Giants and leader of the Federation of the Austrur. Ha-Knieghlly is an ally of mine, and I echo his curiosity as to your interest in an alliance."

Assuming you have True Seeing:
He looks the same. :smalltongue: The only difference is that his suitcoat of fine purple and silver silks shows up as a suit of black full plate with a chalk-white moon painted onto it.

Gaiyamato
2012-09-23, 04:55 AM
Burzum is still standing preparing to leave, the Archon standing to his right, messengers from Cyrus and other leaders filling the room. The flying fortress gently thrummed through the air as the ship flew further north.

He stood silently for a moment then replied. "Are you serious... How many of you have come from other worlds to invade or settle in this world?" he sighed. ""Allam foretold the coming of you two and forming of a potential alliance. I believe my messages of acceptance were already relayed to you briefly upon your arrival to the south. I am happy to work with just about anyone if it means prosperity, growth and survival for my Orcs. I have no real desire to conquer the world. But you intend on conquering it then I only have two choices, to fight you or join you. Given your supposed power and the fact that your alliance clearly growth then I am willing to join you. However know that mindless conquest is a behavior of the Orcs of old. We have grown and matured as a species and seek now the understanding of science only."

A pair of servants run up to Burzum and behind strapping him up with dark black cloth.
"I have appointments with two other leaders right now, then I shall be returning here when done. If you would like, you may return later - or wait - and we can sit down and talk about who you really are and what your intentions are. How does that sound?"

Igneel
2012-09-23, 08:25 AM
Gai:

A Sending spell from AussiKepesk makes its presence known in your head, assuming you accept it of course.
Update. Received news of multiple new nations. Halted process for diplomatic discussion. Any nation need to know of? How is progress there?

Dr.Orpheus
2012-09-23, 06:51 PM
"I see you are agreeable, lets say for now we may just trade favors, resources, troops, and finished goods. If you wish you may contact me by saying my name. And as you may be familiar I would like to see your library to learn about this new world. I will leave a diplomat with you for Sending me short messages that do not require my presence, it should save you spells. You can send the Naga on missions if you want."

Moonlitdreams
2012-09-23, 08:17 PM
Kalypto nods once. "As you say. I will return later when you are available for further discussion; I will follow when you say his name."