PDA

View Full Version : Hi, need help finding a Barney monster (maybe fey?) someone made.

Pika...
2012-07-18, 10:37 PM
Hi,

Been a while since I've been here. Does anyone remember or have a link to an old Barney monster someone wrote? Someone linked it to me a while ago, but I can not seem to find it.

Many Pikas in advnace!

JeminiZero
2012-07-18, 11:32 PM
Only things that I could dig up that appear remotely relevant is this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=7243504&postcount=716) and this (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=130846). Not sure if its what you're looking for.

Midwoka
2012-07-18, 11:36 PM
http://www-users.cs.umn.edu/~cosley/humorlist/mail0027.html . . . ?

Debihuman
2012-07-19, 06:57 AM
I have this but I don't remember who wrote it. It was not me.

Barney the Purple Dinosaur
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+15 (43 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +6 natural), Touch 9, Flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+9
Attacks: Slam +9 melee (1d6+5)
Damage: 2 Slams +9 melee (1d6+5)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Frightful presence, improved grab, constrict 2d6+5, mind-wasting disease
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, insipid
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Hide +6, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Perform (singing) +5, Spot +6
Feats: Skill Focus (Perform),
Environment: Any land
Organization: Solitary or trio
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: —

Not many people can tolerate these creatures, yet the Barneys flourish in most areas of the R'itni Islands. Barneys are warm-blooded bipedal reptiles that travel either alone or in groups of three.

A fully-grown Barney can reach eight feet in height, and weigh more than three hundred pounds. It has predominantly purple skin with green spots and a green belly, and no fingers or toes to speak of; feet are rectangular slabs, and hands resemble mittens. Barneys still have tails, though they serve no purpose.

Barneys speak their own language and Farraphan.

Combat

Barneys are not by nature aggressive. However, most adults find them so offensive that they either flee or fight to kill. Children, on the other hand, cannot get enough of them, and always try to stop adults from harming their "friend."

Frightful Presence (Ex): The mere sight of a Barney is enough to inspire fear in the heartiest of adventurers. Anyone seeing a Barney must make a Will save (DC 13) or become panicked. A character that makes his save is immune to that Barney's frightful presence for 24 hours.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this attack, the Barney must hit with both slam attacks. If it gets a hold, it can constrict.

Constrict (Ex): A Barney deals automatic constriction damage with a successful grapple check against Medium-size or smaller characters. The Barney Hug also causes a mind-wasting disease.

Insipid (Ex): The Barney functions on concepts that are alien to most minds. Thus, anyone making mental contact with a Barney (for example, with telepathy) must make a Will save (DC 13) or immediately suffer the effects of an insanity spell.

Mind-Wasting Disease
Spread through the constriction attack of the Barneys, this mind-wasting disease takes effect almost immediately after infection, and unless treated, will permanently drain 1 point from a random mental attribute per day. Many who get infected commit suicide shortly afterward to spare themselves the agony.

Infection: Contact
DC: 20
Incubation: 1 round
Damage: 1 Int, Wis, or Cha (roll 1d3) (permanent)

Debby

Pika...
2012-07-26, 08:54 AM
I have this but I don't remember who wrote it. It was not me.

Barney the Purple Dinosaur
Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+15 (43 hp)
Initiative: +0
Speed: 30 ft.
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +6 natural), Touch 9, Flat-footed 15
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+9
Attacks: Slam +9 melee (1d6+5)
Damage: 2 Slams +9 melee (1d6+5)
Space/Reach: 5 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Frightful presence, improved grab, constrict 2d6+5, mind-wasting disease
Special Qualities: Darkvision 60 ft., low-light vision, insipid
Saves: Fort +7, Ref +4, Will +1
Abilities: Str 20, Dex 10, Con 16, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 12
Skills: Hide +6, Listen +6, Move Silently +6, Perform (singing) +5, Spot +6
Feats: Skill Focus (Perform),
Environment: Any land
Organization: Solitary or trio
Challenge Rating: 3
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: —

Not many people can tolerate these creatures, yet the Barneys flourish in most areas of the R'itni Islands. Barneys are warm-blooded bipedal reptiles that travel either alone or in groups of three.

A fully-grown Barney can reach eight feet in height, and weigh more than three hundred pounds. It has predominantly purple skin with green spots and a green belly, and no fingers or toes to speak of; feet are rectangular slabs, and hands resemble mittens. Barneys still have tails, though they serve no purpose.

Barneys speak their own language and Farraphan.

Combat

Barneys are not by nature aggressive. However, most adults find them so offensive that they either flee or fight to kill. Children, on the other hand, cannot get enough of them, and always try to stop adults from harming their "friend."

Frightful Presence (Ex): The mere sight of a Barney is enough to inspire fear in the heartiest of adventurers. Anyone seeing a Barney must make a Will save (DC 13) or become panicked. A character that makes his save is immune to that Barney's frightful presence for 24 hours.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this attack, the Barney must hit with both slam attacks. If it gets a hold, it can constrict.

Constrict (Ex): A Barney deals automatic constriction damage with a successful grapple check against Medium-size or smaller characters. The Barney Hug also causes a mind-wasting disease.

Insipid (Ex): The Barney functions on concepts that are alien to most minds. Thus, anyone making mental contact with a Barney (for example, with telepathy) must make a Will save (DC 13) or immediately suffer the effects of an insanity spell.

Mind-Wasting Disease
Spread through the constriction attack of the Barneys, this mind-wasting disease takes effect almost immediately after infection, and unless treated, will permanently drain 1 point from a random mental attribute per day. Many who get infected commit suicide shortly afterward to spare themselves the agony.

Infection: Contact
DC: 20
Incubation: 1 round
Damage: 1 Int, Wis, or Cha (roll 1d3) (permanent)

Debby

I <3 this.

Thank you!