PDA

View Full Version : Zombie Apocalypse (3.5) - OOC

Pages : [1] 2

Techwarrior
2012-07-18, 11:26 PM
This is the OOC thread for the Zombies Apocalypse game.

Current Characters
{table=head]Player|Sheet|Character|Race|Class|Voice
ForzaFiori|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423214)|Mathew|Human|Radiant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249172) 2|deep sky blue
CowMasterTrojan|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423208)|Thrag|Goliath|Barbar ian 2|Bolded Olive
Nevinz|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=461564)|Viserys|Poisondusk Lizardfolk|Scout 2|Bolded Purple
Obscurejone|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=461842)|Puck Goodfellow|Jaebrin|Beguiler 2|Blue[/table]

Ex-characters
TheMightyQuinn|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423584)|Santos|Silverbrow Human|Bard|Indigo
Lonewolfe208|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423542)|Garet|Elf|Ranger|Bol d
Surrept|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423335)|Cale|Human|Ranger|Da rk Green
Ballista|Sheet (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=11044)|Vivex|Dragonborn|Knight|Sienna
[/table]

I will be editing this post with possible relevant data.

Everyone say hi, and pick a voice color. Red is not acceptable due to mod-dom. Orange looks like a link and is also not acceptable, otherwise have at it.

IC thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249998)

Surrept
2012-07-18, 11:54 PM
Hi to all, glad to be a part of the group.

Incase anyone didn't see in the original thread, I'll mention I am new to PbP. So feel free to point out anything I miss, or any handy tips (though I have read the stickied thread).

If no one objects Cale will be speaking in dark green, which seems to suit his character.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-18, 11:59 PM
Hello all. For a color I shall choose BOLD OLIVE

ForzaFiori
2012-07-19, 12:39 AM
Matthew will speak in DeepSkyBlue.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-19, 03:24 AM
Oooh. The moment of truth? What color to pick for speech... hm. I think Indigo will work just fine.

Anyways - glad to be aboard, and excited to see what will happen!

Ballista
2012-07-19, 09:05 AM
Vivex's speaking color shall be Sienna

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-19, 04:25 PM
Herp derp. I was watching the OOC thread, waiting for a new post, and you edited in the IC in your first post.

Sorry about that. Good thing I checked.:smallbiggrin:

Techwarrior
2012-07-19, 04:30 PM
It's all good. I think that I put the IC link in about 5 minutes after first posting the OP :smallwink:

Although I could be wrong. I know that I posted IC thread, then OOC thread, then my selection post in the Recruitment thread, any and all of those might have had messed up links.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-19, 04:40 PM
No worries - I'm good to go now. I just don't like people having to wait on me.

Techwarrior
2012-07-19, 04:46 PM
Oh BTW, TheMightyQuinn...

I noticed just now while I was looking at Perform (Weapon Drill) for a character of my own for a different game. Perform (Weapon Drill) specifically does NOT qualify for Bardic Music...
I will allow you to swap out some skill points for Perform (something else) if you do so wish.
Actually don't worry about it. I see no reason for it to NOT apply, I'll only that it won't activate Countersong, as that one is specifically sound-based.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-19, 04:51 PM
Neat - I appreciate that.

I thought about that last night, but through the course of work, I forgot about it again.

Agreed though - it doesn't work for countersong. I'll have to pick up another perform skill to use that one.

woo! upgraded to halfling in the playground. Good times.

Edit: Alright - headed to the inn, if at all possible. I'll post in the AM. off for another fun night at work.

Surrept
2012-07-20, 08:15 AM
Not sure if this is the right place for this question (as opposed to a PM).

But I wanted to see if you had any more details to spare about the Valken and the surrounding wilderness.

Things like:
*The weather
*The seasons
*The terrain
*What level of magic abounds in the world

Basically anything our characters may know, but we do not (and may be of some importance). I don't think filling in the blanks myself is justice to any work or preparation you have put into the setting, if that is fine let me know. Though I could foresee a mishmash of elements being applied though breaking the consistency.

Techwarrior
2012-07-20, 12:01 PM
Not sure if this is the right place for this question (as opposed to a PM).

But I wanted to see if you had any more details to spare about the Valken and the surrounding wilderness.

Things like:
*The weather
*The seasons
*The terrain
*What level of magic abounds in the world

Basically anything our characters may know, but we do not (and may be of some importance). I don't think filling in the blanks myself is justice to any work or preparation you have put into the setting, if that is fine let me know. Though I could foresee a mishmash of elements being applied though breaking the consistency.

Ok, you asked for the big one Surrept. :smalltongue:
This is actually a campaign world that I have been working on for over five years. I had originally intended to only steal the island of Valken, but as none of you really added places to the world, you only added people. I see no reason not to use it.

The island you are on has a moderate climate. It has sunny summers ranging from about 70-80 degrees on any given day. The 'winters' on the island are approximately 50-60 degrees on any given day. Both of the rangers hail from here.

If you travel by ship about 3 weeks northeast, you will arrive at a city called Adrilanka. It is the port city of the Empire, which spans east, widening as you get further east. Adrilanka is on the mouth of the Adril River, which winds through the western part of the Empire to the Great Bald Mountain. The Empire houses an amalgamation of all the peoples of the world and Adrilanka is the most diverse city of the Empire, being so close to two other kingdoms, and the only Empire controlled port on the western ocean. Matthew probably hails from Adrilanka, whereas Santos most likely hails from the western portion of the Empire and Vivex probably hails from around the Great Bald Mountain.

North of Adrilanka, you will find the Great Swamp. None of you know anything about that, other than to say that there a lot of savage tribes that dwell there.

South you will find the wooded elven kingdom of Nakoir. The elven kingdom ranges approximately 1000 miles, where it meets the Darkened Mountains. Thrag would most likely come from these mountains.

South of the Darkened Mountains, which is generally considered to be impassable by any who aren't a native, you will find the Desert. It is a barren waste where most of the orc tribes live. The city of Darren, the main port city in the desert, is about 3 weeks by boat from Valken.

Magic is not unheard of, but it is hard to find. Only about one person in a fifty has the kind of talent necessary to actually be a mage of any kind. Most of these (about 60 percent) are divine spellcasters, the rest are arcane spellcasters. For reference, the town of Valken, which had about 500 people before the horde arrived, had a small temple with five priests, and only about three or four others had some skill with arcane magic.

It is currently early spring.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-20, 01:12 PM
That was kinda late. But it gets the point across.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-20, 01:47 PM
This is the OOC thread for the Zombies Apocalypse game.

Ballista|Sheet (http://plothook.net/RPG/profiler/view.php?id=11044)|Vivex|Dragonborn|Knight|Sienna
ForzaFiori|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423214)|Mathew|Human|Radiant (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249172)|deep sky blue
Surrept|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423335)|Cale|Human|Ranger|Da rk Green
Lonewolfe208|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423542)|Grant|Elf|Ranger
CowMasterTrojan|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423208)|Thrag|Goliath|Barbar ian|Bolded Olive
TheMightyQuinn|Sheet (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=423584)|Santos|Silverbrow Human|Bard|Indigo
[/table]

I will be editing this post with possible relevant data.

Everyone say hi, and pick a voice color. Red is not acceptable due to mod-dom. Orange looks like a link and is also not acceptable, otherwise have at it.

IC thread can be found here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=249998)

My guys name isn't grant, It's Garet Jax. I changed it like half way thru creation. Bold is my voice.

I'm going to get in depth with my character in many ways. I'm also going to re add the re-curve bow, considering I can craft it. It's a DC 15, And I can take 10 on a roll for bowcrafting + 6 for my skill ranks. So I can make one! :0

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-20, 04:31 PM
[roll0]

To see if I can make a bow with a STR thingy. Needed 19, Got a 23.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-20, 05:58 PM
Mighty bow - add your strength bonus to damage.

Is that the thingy you mean?

Ballista
2012-07-20, 06:00 PM
I thought it was a Compound bow... And why are you doing this now, and with what materials?

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-20, 06:17 PM
I think he was probably finishing up his character, though it is just a guess.

Sorry for the incredibly wordy posts. I tend to get long-winded with charismatic characters, and since speaking is a free action.... You've all got to listen! hahahaa!

ahem. sorry. the evil laughter tends to slip out sometimes... :smalltongue:

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-20, 11:15 PM
I thought it was a Compound bow... And why are you doing this now, and with what materials?

It wasn't done at the moment, It was done in the process of coming to valken. And It's a Mighty Compound bow. Compound bow is DC 15 plus 4 for the mighty.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-20, 11:16 PM
I think he was probably finishing up his character, though it is just a guess.

Sorry for the incredibly wordy posts. I tend to get long-winded with charismatic characters, and since speaking is a free action.... You've all got to listen! hahahaa!

ahem. sorry. the evil laughter tends to slip out sometimes... :smalltongue:

Well, I don't mind, I usually play flashy swashbucklers that are cocky as anything and talk a lot. I also am doing a fan fiction with the insanity of deadpool's mind. It's fun to do charismatic stuff.

Ehryan is the closest major deity to that, but there is a minor deity for the woodlands. I'll look him up in my notes and pm you the details.

Can I get that PM now?

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-21, 04:48 AM
alright.... I don't get the tiny ears joke... :smallconfused:

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-21, 08:58 AM
alright.... I don't get the tiny ears joke... :smallconfused:

I'm a elf that finds humans fasinating

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-21, 09:34 AM
That's right. Sorry about that - it was 3 am when I got in last night.

I remember your character story now. heeheee. You know what they say about the size of a persons ears - if you have big ears, you're probably Ross Perot.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-21, 10:25 AM
My character isn't soft in the head, he's just incredibily socially awkward. 8 CHA.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-21, 11:33 AM
I realize that, but my character doesn't, that's for sure.

no worries.

Techwarrior
2012-07-21, 02:25 PM
Can I get that PM now?

My apologies, it must have slipped my mind. PM'ing you now.

I was going to say something about the ear thing myself, but it seems to have been sorted.

Looks like Lonewolfe was completely able to make his own bow. Kudos. By my count you have an appropriate amount of gear now.

Do y'all intend to get horses?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-21, 02:47 PM
I for one won't argue when they give us something to cover the distance in half the time.

Ballista
2012-07-21, 02:50 PM
Perhaps we should find a bullete, kill it and then hollow it out, find another necromancer to animate it under our control.
We then proceed to burrow to the horde in our new underground APC. :smallcool:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-21, 02:53 PM
That would be awesome but I wouldn't make any bets on it happening.:smallwink:

Techwarrior
2012-07-21, 02:55 PM
You'd have to kill it twice to have a third party animate
1 time to kill it
1 time to kill the body that just zombied, remember everything is coming back from the dead.

Then since you destroyed it, necromantic energy wouldn't be able to re-animate it. If you had a way to control the zombie that would work though.

Ballista
2012-07-21, 03:56 PM
I think a simple Negative Energy Channeling Cleric to command it would suffice, too bad we can't find one of them.

ForzaFiori
2012-07-21, 04:36 PM
I'm cool with horses, but don't expect Matthew to stay on one if anything goes down. Ride is not one of his good skills.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-21, 04:59 PM
yeah, Ride isn't one of my best skills either, but from experience, it's really not that hard - I'm fortunate enough to live in a rural area, and while I can keep up with other riders, I'm far from skilled. lol

Anyways - why a bulette when a flying whale would take us so much farther? lol

Yeah. I think a horse would be a good thing. The mule seemed like a good investment, but just isn't going to cut it I think.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-22, 09:29 AM
My guy wouldn't be opposed to riding. Sorry, for the late posts, work has been hectic.

Surrept
2012-07-23, 07:41 AM
Is it safe to assume that off screen Cale refused the rations given to him, not because he won't need them, but more the principal. His history with this town and the whole Lord of the town giving him food (to him) would feel like a slap in the face.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-23, 08:06 AM
Garet wouldn't allow for this, rp incoming.

Techwarrior
2012-07-23, 12:49 PM
Yea, you could have refused the rations if you wished. You'd still have to have something to eat though.

Surrept
2012-07-23, 05:57 PM
Cale has spare food he had when he started, and if need be can use survival to get by without food or water.

Techwarrior
2012-07-23, 06:27 PM
Fair enough.

Who's on first watch? Whoever that is needs some listen checks, unless there's something else you guys want to do first?

ForzaFiori
2012-07-23, 09:06 PM
Does anyone need to rest to regain spells or abilities?

Techwarrior
2012-07-23, 09:08 PM
Nobody has used any spells or abilities, yet.

Ballista
2012-07-23, 09:10 PM
I do!
Oh wait, I'm a Knight... :smallamused:
I guess I'll be taking first watch?

ForzaFiori
2012-07-23, 09:18 PM
I'll take first as well. Also, I'd suggest that the rangers don't take the same watch, that way our top three listen checks will be divided between all three watches.

scratch that. I'll take second watch, and I suggest the other ranger take third.

Surrept
2012-07-23, 11:15 PM
Sounds good to me. I was thinking the greatest chance of something sneaking up on us would be closest to dawn. But that theory is only for zombies, if then something else is out there, it could be any time.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-23, 11:55 PM
As I said in my other game with Tech, sorry about my slight absence. Just hectic with work and had some important things come up.

anyways - I'd suggest -not- relying on Santos for his Listen checks. lol

At a +2, they're pretty weak to say the least.

Also, side note - Dark Knight movie? Yeah. Pure Awesome. Just FYI

ForzaFiori
2012-07-24, 12:08 AM
The top listens in our group are Cale (5), Garet (4) and Matthew (3). Garet's on watch first. I'm the second one, and I think Cale should be on the third. Of those who aren't the top listen skills, Vivex volunteered for the first watch, and Thrag and Santos get to fight over who gets their sleep interrupted (I think Thrag would win the fight, personally. Santos may just want to take 2nd watch, :smalltongue:)

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-24, 12:39 AM
Sorry, Thrag has already declared he will get up in the morning. You know what they say, let sleeping goliath lie. :smalltongue:

But serious, Thrag halfway through the night if you really want.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-24, 12:59 AM
:smallbiggrin:Sure - Thrag for second watch then. I'm not about to try that fight.... yet.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-24, 01:08 AM
no no, the fight is to get him for the 2nd watch. Otherwise he wants the 3rd watch.:smallsmile:

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-24, 09:22 AM
Garet is just going to climb up in a tree and watch from there, plus , once someone else takes watch, he will just trance in the tree. Elves are still completely aware of their surroundings in the trance, so it'll be like an overwatch.

Techwarrior
2012-07-24, 09:27 PM
Alright, I believe everyone who isn't on watch has gone to sleep. Let's see those listen checks.

Ballista
2012-07-24, 09:40 PM
I'm officially deaf, did you hear that Tarrasque fall off the sky over there? I sure didn't...

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-24, 09:57 PM
I think I get a +2 for when my watch comes up...

[roll0]

I rolled a four! hey, guys! I said I rolled a four! lol

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-25, 07:09 PM
[roll0]

First one broke.

Surrept
2012-07-25, 07:41 PM
Things seem to be moving slower these past few days, just posting to show I'm still here.

Here's my listen check for when it is needed.

Listen - [roll0]

Let's hope i did the roll right, seeing never used this function before :)

ForzaFiori
2012-07-25, 08:42 PM
Here's mine as well:
[roll0]

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-25, 08:45 PM
wow. Couple of good rolls - well done! lol

I know. You had a lot of influence on it.... well, if you're any good with microkinesis, you might have... hm.. :smalltongue:

Techwarrior
2012-07-25, 09:29 PM
Sorry that this has slowed down past couple of days. Had to do a whole bunch of mechanical work for my sister's car before she went to our parent's house for the week.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-25, 09:36 PM
no worries. That's cool that you'd do that for her. kudos, sir

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-25, 09:36 PM
Just thought I would point this out, Garet is completely aware, Even if he is sleeping, so treat it as if he was part of it too.

Techwarrior
2012-07-25, 09:38 PM
Yes, but don't Elves get like a -10 penalty to any listen checks they make while they are trancing?

With the penalty, Garet can't hear what's going on.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-25, 09:40 PM
Well, I don't want to make a snoring post, and I think Santos is still sleeping quite soundly until he is jostled awake, so I'm going to have to wait this out for the moment.. lol

Techwarrior
2012-07-25, 09:42 PM
Isn't Santos on the second watch?

My understanding was this was the watch list.
Vivex and Garet
Santos and Matthew
Thrag and Cale

So you ARE awake right now. You didn't hear it though.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-25, 09:45 PM
.... I SHOULD be awake... lol

Fair enough. I didn't hear it... dang. I've got to boost that listen check... :smallredface:

Since I failed the check, i'll wait to post

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-25, 09:49 PM
Well how long are the watches, I might be awake.

Techwarrior
2012-07-25, 10:07 PM
If you assume that each person gets 8 hours that's 4 hour watches. It is currently about halfway through the second.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-25, 10:22 PM
Will Save -
[roll0]

*Crosses fingers*

Edit: Woo! :smallbiggrin::smallbiggrin:

Techwarrior
2012-07-25, 10:49 PM
Initiative for everyone that's awake.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-25, 11:36 PM
I believe the rule is that I'm completely aware in my trance.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-25, 11:59 PM
Initiative Roll -
[roll0]

Edit: Not bad. I'll take it! lol

Surrept
2012-07-26, 02:06 AM
Shall I just assume Cale is asleep till it is stated he is woken, I only ask because it seems like everyone is suddenly awake.

ForzaFiori
2012-07-26, 02:10 AM
Initiative: [roll0]

Also, Matthew's AC is 17, so luckily nothing got through.

Techwarrior
2012-07-26, 10:53 AM
Everyone who isn't on watch should still be asleep until the people on watch wake y'all up.

ForzaFiori
2012-07-26, 11:18 AM
I believe the rule is that I'm completely aware in my trance.

Actually, according to the PHB, elves dream while trancing, which makes me think that you'd be just as unaware as anyone else. Also, no where does it say that it counts as different than sleep other than in the fluff, meaning you'd still take the penalties to listen and need to be woken up.

Techwarrior
2012-07-27, 09:03 PM
It is currently Matthew's action.

Then some of the NPC's

Then Santos

Then more NPC's

Anyone who gets woken up can act in the next round, in order of whatever initiative they roll.

Surrept
2012-07-27, 10:52 PM
Initiative roll for Cale

Initiative -[roll0]

ForzaFiori
2012-07-27, 11:46 PM
5 damage for Matthew. That's half my HP gone in one hit :smalleek:

Techwarrior
2012-07-28, 12:07 AM
Yea, makes the lack of anyone with healing spells a might scarier.

Ballista
2012-07-28, 03:44 PM
Initiative for Vivex:
[roll0]

TheMightyQuinn
2012-07-29, 06:54 AM
Herp to the derp.

Miss chance.
[roll0]

edit..... :smallmad:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-07-29, 11:42 AM
Initiative for Thrag whenever he wakes up
[roll0]

When he does wake up, his first turn will just be grabbing a weapon and standing up.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-29, 03:22 PM
[roll0] Garet is probably just going to stay where he is and start firing at the enemies, how many can I see?

Surrept
2012-07-29, 07:04 PM
Welcome back CowMasterTrojan, hope all is well with your health.

Techwarrior, are you able to give any more detail as to how the combat is arranged. Things that our characters could perceive. Like how far are the enemy's, is there any obstacles in the way (undergrowth, large trees, etc).

I have no idea whether you are planning on using maps at all, reason I ask, is the few other PbP posts i have read through used maps, plus I am a noob as mentioned previously :)

Techwarrior
2012-07-30, 05:40 PM
Alright, here the nitty gritty of the matter, and I apologize for the short notice on this...

I will have to go on a temporary hiatus of an undetermined length so that I can deal with a family matter either today or tomorrow. I will try to continue posting, but it will be incredibly sporadic, as I will not have easy access to the internet. I'll have access to the internet at least until late tonight, so I'll throw up a couple more IC posts.

Lonewolfe208
2012-07-30, 05:55 PM
Alright, hopefully everything goes well for you.

ForzaFiori
2012-07-30, 06:24 PM
Take however much time you need man. Games always take second place to family.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-02, 05:53 PM
So.... now that we can pick up again... Garet? :smallsmile:

Techwarrior
2012-08-02, 05:54 PM
Thank you all for the well wishes.
Given that I was gone, I'd like to take a headcount to see who is still here and wants to play.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-02, 06:01 PM
I'm still here - :smallbiggrin:

Glad everything went well. Err.. as well as can be expected.

Techwarrior
2012-08-02, 06:03 PM
Yea, everything's been organized and such. :smallsigh:
Date's next Tuesday. Oh boy...

ForzaFiori
2012-08-02, 06:46 PM
I'm still here.

Surrept
2012-08-02, 10:01 PM
Still here, and willing to continue.

Techwarrior
2012-08-02, 10:04 PM
Alright, go ahead and continue the combat IC. Even if no one else shows, with three I'm fine continuing as is even if no else shows.

Ballista
2012-08-02, 10:08 PM
Oye! i"m here, just very sporadically as I've been in a pain killer induced slumber for the past couple of days...

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-02, 10:13 PM
ooh. that's always fun.

Wait. That other thing. not cool.:smallannoyed:

sorry to hear you're hurting. are they at least the good ones?

Ballista
2012-08-02, 10:21 PM
Surgery, not killing myself xD

Edit: it's either vicodin or oxycodone... I should really check

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-02, 10:23 PM
I too am still here. Not in the best shape myself, but still here. Who's up to bat? And are we on round 1 after the surprise attack, or round 2?

Ballista
2012-08-02, 10:25 PM
Not sure if we should be hi-fiving for poor medical condition, but here goes...
*attempt at hi five, throwing myself off the chair in the process because too much medication*

Techwarrior
2012-08-02, 10:32 PM
This is round 2. Everyone has taken one action, though most people just stood up and readied weapons.

Edit: Also, Vicodin is awesome, the only pain killer that actually hits me for migraines. That, epilepsy, chronic insomnia, and that thing where you've got weak joints... My life is so fun

Ballista
2012-08-03, 04:01 PM
Who's turn is it exactly? I've been assuming it's been Garet's but I could just be an idiot and everyone has been waiting on me...

Techwarrior
2012-08-03, 04:23 PM
I'm going to assume that the people who haven't said anything aren't coming back. So continue on as if the others have been NPC'ed, I'll write Garet out when I find the oppurtunity. I've already posted the NPC's turns, so all of you can take 1 round of actions now.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-03, 04:57 PM
It's garet's turn, and I posted IC, but it isn't showing up.....

Techwarrior
2012-08-03, 05:00 PM
Oh, well welcome back aboard Lonewolfe.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-03, 05:04 PM
Sorry, :(. I completely forgot it was my turn. And btw, I should be able to see them perfectly fine.

Techwarrior
2012-08-03, 05:33 PM
In the pitch dark woods (it's very late at night)? Not without Darkvision you can't. As I am reading it, Low-light Vision would halve your miss chance, but you still have to contend with the 1/2 concealment (20% miss chance). If you pass the half concealment, you do hit though, it won't kill it, but it does hit, still will be affected by DR though.

Ballista
2012-08-03, 05:41 PM
So, is everyone in a clearing or is just the party that's smart enough to sleep in a wide open area surrounded by dense trees and brush?
In other words, difficult terrain?

Techwarrior
2012-08-03, 06:48 PM
It's not a thick enough forest to cause difficult terrain.

Surrept
2012-08-03, 11:41 PM
Welcome back to everyone, hopefully those with medical conditions can recover well (no vicoden addictions)

For posting order and initiative are we waiting till our turn to keep order?

Techwarrior
2012-08-04, 12:35 AM
Not this round, I've already posted what the only NPC's that would split the order up are doing. Everyone go ahead and post your round. Except Garet, who has already acted in this round, though he still needs to make a concealment roll. *Cough cough.

Ballista
2012-08-04, 08:32 PM
Forgot the miss chance... Oh well, Nat 1 was a terrible whiff anyway.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-04, 09:42 PM
Rolling miss chance:

[roll0]

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-04, 09:44 PM
Not this round, I've already posted what the only NPC's that would split the order up are doing. Everyone go ahead and post your round. Except Garet, who has already acted in this round, though he still needs to make a concealment roll. *Cough cough.

Done, :). I will hopefully be up to speed with you guys from now on

Techwarrior
2012-08-05, 01:39 AM
Just waiting on Santos, then I will post the description of the round. Surrept, thank you for bringing up the rule about being unable to see slowing you down. I had forgotten about that. This gives me the problem of how to deal with this...
Looking at the list of characters that have moved, only Vivex doesn't have low-light vision. That means that Vivex had to have charged to get to where he is at and make an attack. Had Vivex hit, I'd allow the option of it being a double move instead, but with that obvious miss, I feel that it wouldn't be fair to the other players. Luckily Vivex didn't get shot at this round though :smallwink:

If you don't have Low-Light Vision, make sure that you halve your movement from now on in such a dark environment.

Ballista
2012-08-05, 07:07 PM
I feel really bad about that... And am I seriously the only one without Low-Light Vision? That makes me a bit nervous. :smalleek:

Techwarrior
2012-08-05, 09:02 PM
Cale and Santos don't have Low-Light Vision I think. It's just that Santos hasn't moved yet, and Cale's player was the one that pointed it out. Don't worry too much about it though. It's all taken care of now.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-06, 06:26 PM
Oh. hey. Sorry about the delay - for whatever reason, the thread didn't show any new posts. I'll get one in right after dinner.

Weird. Anyways, apologies.

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-06, 11:42 PM
What about my arrow?

Techwarrior
2012-08-06, 11:50 PM
Fixed, sorry about that.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-07, 12:37 PM
Wow, I missed where Matthew had gotten hit again... I think that taking an attack action would have actually dropped him to -1 as well, so he's bleeding out.

Also, here's the spot check: [roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-08-07, 12:59 PM
The archer's action took place after yours, so your not bleeding out. Just at 0 hp. (Disabled)

Lonewolfe208
2012-08-07, 04:31 PM
Spot:

[roll0]

Surrept
2012-08-07, 06:23 PM
Spot:

[roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-08-08, 01:19 AM
Sorry for the wait. Today was the date of the funeral, and I had to go to that (and give the eulogy).

Surrept
2012-08-08, 03:13 AM
Hope it went as well as can be expected for a funeral.

So in the IC thread you said the zombies got away clean, could we tell the archers and caster were zombies in the darkness?

Techwarrior
2012-08-08, 03:35 AM
Those with Low-Light Vision could if they got close enough (Thrag) as well as any who was paying attention when Matthew's Radiance went off (everyone)

ForzaFiori
2012-08-09, 10:38 PM
Does anyone besides me have ranks in heal? You can't provide long term care to yourself, apparently.

Techwarrior
2012-08-09, 10:58 PM
I think we can all agree the Heal skill is sadly underwhelming. I'll allow you this ForzaFiori.

If you bind your wounds (1 minute). You can make a Heal check. For every 5 points above 10, you'll heal 1 hit point. This can only be done once per day. Though successive days without any strenuous activity will give you a cumulative +2 bonus to the check.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-08-09, 11:13 PM
If we get 8 hours of rest, do we still get our level back in hit points?

Techwarrior
2012-08-09, 11:26 PM
Yes, though you've been interrupted. That adds another hour to the total you'd need to receive the full benefits of resting

ForzaFiori
2012-08-09, 11:29 PM
Heal check for wrapping my wounds: [roll0]

I'd've rolled it in the IC thread, but don't wanna double post.

EDIT: Woo, 3 HP!

ForzaFiori
2012-08-10, 10:41 PM
Sorry for the double post

I will be out of town from Saturday (Tomorrow) - Tuesday, with and unknown amount of internet access. I'll try to get on if I can, but if something comes up and I don't respond, feel free to make me a DMPC until I return, just please don't get me killed.

Techwarrior
2012-08-10, 11:26 PM
Thanks for letting us know. Hope it all works out.

Surrept
2012-08-11, 02:34 AM
Not rolling well, I guess Cale is too rushed to even see the zombie prints.

Techwarrior
2012-08-11, 07:31 PM
Yea, low rolls happen sometimes though.

TheMightyQuinn
2012-08-11, 08:09 PM
Low Rolls do happen, though they do stand out more than high ones on the dice roller.

Take for example, the 20/20 I rolled earlier. It was great, until I put the arrow right into the tree.... :smallannoyed:

Ah, well, that happens. Still, it's part of the fun.

Techwarrior
2012-08-13, 09:34 PM
Sorry about the delay everyone. Had to spend this weekend getting ready for class, which starts tomorrow.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-13, 10:03 PM
That's fine, I'll probably slow down a bit in a week when mine start too.

Techwarrior
2012-08-16, 05:54 PM
Neither Matthew nor Garret draws any ingsightful conclusions about anything.

I'm currently waiting on y'all to decide what to do about whoever is singing.

ForzaFiori
2012-08-19, 10:45 AM
Knowledge: Religion [roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-08-23, 05:27 PM
Waiting on the the players to post what they are doing.

Techwarrior
2012-08-25, 01:33 AM
TheMightQuinn has PM'ed me saying that he is going to be withdrawing from the game, and Ballista hasn't posted for a week. I'm going to write both of them out in my next IC post.

Surrept
2012-08-31, 08:23 AM
I do apologize for the long absence, some stuff came up that I was dealing with, hopefully it will sort itself out and I can continue to contribute to this group.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-13, 02:10 PM
So just throwing this out there, I don't know if spider webs are flamible. But you know what is? Books. And we're in a library looking for a book. So if the webs catch fire... that might be really bad.

Techwarrior
2012-09-13, 06:47 PM
I actually was going to point that out. And yes, webs (and books) are VERY flammable.

:smalleek:

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 12:42 AM
Gentleman... I need a second opinion. The ettercap has to die. After the ettercap dies, the spider might back off. But now that we know the ettercap is undead... that's going to be much tougher.

I've already decided against a charge. (I decided the -2 to AC was too much of a hit atm) but I'm still moving in for the attack. Should we just take down the spider first and move on to the Ettercap, or start with the ettercap and accept that he's not going down easy?

ForzaFiori
2012-09-16, 01:52 PM
Do you think we can take the spider down quick? the last thing we need is to be focused on the spider while an undead ettercap eats our asses.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 02:02 PM
Honestly I'm just guessing. If the ettercap hadn't been undead, I would have predicted that would be a faster drop. But now... I have no idea. Yes? I think.

Here's a good question. Does our ranger friend have precise shot? Because if he doesn't, I should probably just go for the ettercap.

Techwarrior
2012-09-16, 03:49 PM
Cale is a 2WF, not an archer. He has neither point black, nor precise shot.

It's not undead. I cannot attest to any other modifications it may have, but it is not undead. The stench could be a side effect of it's supernatural poison, could be a template, or it might have just forgotten to wear deodorant today. Do remember though, everything that dies has been coming back as undead a short while thereafter.

Also, Mathew realizes he isn't sure what that poison might do to him and his illuminations.

Lonewolfe208
2012-09-16, 05:23 PM
I might be able to shoot it. I don't have those feats though.

Uhh crap, did I get written out? I'm not surprised if I did. I'm pretty chaotic with my posting now.

Techwarrior
2012-09-16, 05:26 PM
Sort of, at the moment your upstairs, protecting the druid.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 05:32 PM
I might be able to shoot it. I don't have those feats though.

Uhh crap, did I get written out? I'm not surprised if I did. I'm pretty chaotic with my posting now.

Yeah, I thought we lost you so I made you guard the druid. Glad we didn't lose you... even if you're not helful at the moment. But hey, technically you're only 40 ft of stairs away...

ForzaFiori
2012-09-16, 05:35 PM
Yea, now would be a great time to get tired waiting and come see what's taking so long.

That being said - I think if we all three jump the spider, we can kill it pretty quickly. Then when Lonewolfe catches up, we can take down the ettercap.

hopefully.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 05:42 PM
Alright, well I'm about to rage... so I wanted a consensus before I took the $H!T and hit the fan with it. :smallwink:

Techwarrior
2012-09-16, 08:55 PM
Ouch, both the spider and ettercap act before the reading raging goliath.

Stupid autocorrect...

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-16, 10:45 PM
hey, with a +1 to my initiative, I'm pleased with what I have. Maybe one of my companions will go before them and throw a thunderstone. ;)

Honestly though, just kill the large spider. Thats a better plan.

ForzaFiori
2012-09-19, 07:05 PM
My computer has stopped turning on (I'm on my roommates now). Until it's fixed, my posting is gonna be slowed down. I should manage to keep up 1/day however.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-19, 07:14 PM
is it a move action or a standard action to break out of the ettercap's web?

Techwarrior
2012-09-20, 12:10 AM
Description says that it is like a net, and therefore requires a full round action.

Surrept
2012-09-29, 04:36 AM
So full round action requiring either a DC 15 Escape Artist or DC 19 Strength check from my understanding?

Also does the spider being directly between the ettercap and Cale provide a +4 soft cover bonus to AC?

Techwarrior
2012-09-29, 12:33 PM
Yes, that is correct on both parts.

I apologize for the briefness of my posts, I'm currently waiting for a new motherboard so I can fix my computer, so I've been posting from my phone.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-29, 01:53 PM
Does breaking the webbing provoke?

Techwarrior
2012-09-29, 02:59 PM
No it does not.

ForzaFiori
2012-09-30, 01:42 AM
So... Matthew is dead. -10 exactly.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-30, 01:51 AM
Yeah, I figured you were. It's okay. When techwarrior said he was going to run a zombie game, he meant to brutally murder us and then we all come back as zombies. So you'll be back in a few minutes.

Or at least that was my feeling of how things are about to go down.

ForzaFiori
2012-09-30, 02:44 AM
Well, the good news is, I doubt Pelor will still be giving him divine powers, so he'll be about as tough as a 1st level warrior, maybe less.

Techwarrior
2012-09-30, 08:19 AM
Dead Mathew needs to make a will save.

ForzaFiori
2012-09-30, 11:09 AM
Will Save: [roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-09-30, 09:58 PM
Alright, PMing Forza some stuff, he'll be out for a while.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-09-30, 10:42 PM
Alright, PMing Forza some stuff, he'll be out for a while.

Yeah, I could see how being dead would be inconvenient.

How long does it normally take for the dead to rise? Hours? Minutes? Rounds:smallannoyed:?

Techwarrior
2012-09-30, 11:12 PM
That is dependent on their Will save, though from what you've seen, its normally about a minute or so.

Surrept
2012-10-01, 04:29 AM
I believed that the ettercap was in A1;

The ettercap takes another 5 ft step to A1, and throws a new web at Cale.

However it does not matter as you Thrag still landed the blow.

It looks like Cale is also down for the count in one blow -_-

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-10, 11:51 PM
Man, I sure hope that a high roll keeps matthew dead longer. We are not in a good situation right now. Zombie comrades would not be a improvement.

Techwarrior
2012-10-11, 01:05 AM
Cale's stabilization roll (he's at -3 by my count)
[roll0]

-4 now...

Oh, and that encounter was intended to have another Ranger in there, but Lonewolfe208 disappeared, and then got shunted upstairs. 1 more could have made that MUCH easier.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 10:45 AM
oh. That makes this situation worse than I realized. I thought Cale was still conscious.

Techwarrior
2012-10-11, 10:55 AM
Good news is the Ettercap is down.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-11, 11:15 AM
for the moment, that is very good news. Is thrag able to see why this ettercap stinks so badly?

Eitherway, it is common knowledge among our characters that when you die, you get back up as a zombie shortly thereafter, correct?

Techwarrior
2012-10-11, 11:25 AM
You can not ascertain why the Ettercap stinks so badly. It had nothing to do with its anatomy, so far as you can tell. It seems to be pervasive to the creature.

Yes, having fought some of these creatures and being briefed by Lord Valken, you know that stuff rises as a zombie later, most of the time.

Surrept
2012-10-12, 02:55 AM
So is Cale doing anything? Or is he still unconscious but stable?

Techwarrior
2012-10-12, 08:26 AM
He is currently unconscious, stable, and alone with three bodies.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-12, 09:43 AM
Yeah, after we heal the druid. we need to make her stay. We need a healer. Barbarians heal badly.

Techwarrior
2012-10-12, 11:01 AM
Everyone, including Matthew, earns 900 XP. You can't level up until after you rest though.

Edit: You can't take the druid, she's the only one that knows how to activate the temple's defenses. I could look for another player or two though if y'all want.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-12, 01:07 PM
does being dead count as resting?

If thrag has his way, Matthew will even be resting in pieces.

Techwarrior
2012-10-12, 01:50 PM
Nope, your still being active. Resting would require you to stop doing things, and rest for 8 hours.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-12, 02:05 PM
does being dead count as resting?

If thrag has his way, Matthew will even be resting in pieces.

No, thrag will just cut your head off. Unless you want to be a zombie. Then I guess Thrag could forget he didn't cut your head off. If you try to kill him, he's still going to hack you up though.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-12, 02:18 PM
Please don't cut off my head. I want to get revivified, and something tells me that I'll need a head.

Techwarrior
2012-10-13, 04:34 PM
Do y'all want me to look for a new player, willing to heal?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-13, 09:25 PM
If we could get our hands on a wand of cure light wounds, i think we would be okay... Rangers can use those, right?

Techwarrior
2012-10-13, 09:58 PM
They can indeed. Shouldn't be too hard for the conquering heros to get a wand of cure light from the druidic temple.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-14, 11:57 AM
will save for Matthew: [roll0]

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-17, 09:54 PM
Did we lose some people again?

ForzaFiori
2012-10-17, 10:10 PM
I'm still here. Just not a whole lot you can do when the only way to interact with the world is with a small grey rock.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-17, 10:23 PM
Hey, better than being a zombie. I thought I was gonna have to fight a zombie Matthew. That would have been awkward.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-17, 11:11 PM
Yea, I was really afraid you were gonna chop off my head. I was about to start hitting you in the head with the rock.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-17, 11:27 PM
And then we would have played a round of baseball. That would have been great.

Techwarrior
2012-10-19, 09:36 AM
It looks like we've lost even our faux healer... I'll try and keep this moving though, will post IC and then PM Forza.

Again I'll ask if you want me to look for another player or two? Two is a really small party.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-19, 12:06 PM
Sadly I have to say yes. If we're down to two players, and no healer, then we need some more players.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-19, 03:26 PM
Yea, we could probably use some more players... Preferably a healer.

Techwarrior
2012-10-19, 08:52 PM
Ok, I'll throw up an ad when I get home, thats one thing that I won't do from my phone. Kinda ironic that the zombie game has only 2 survivors.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-19, 09:15 PM
Technically right now there's only one :smallwink:

Techwarrior
2012-10-19, 09:28 PM
Technically he's on another plane, conversing with a spirit who claims to be able to raise him.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-19, 09:48 PM
That's awesome right there. Good to know.

ForzaFiori
2012-10-20, 01:54 AM
So apparently the spirit is a jinni or something. I supposedly get raised, and 2 other requests...

Any ideas Cow Master? He cant affect the material plane, so stuff like fixing the zombies is out.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-10-20, 03:09 AM
Unless you're getting a true resurrection, perhaps two inherent bonuses to your con to make up for what you will lose.

If you are getting a true resurrection, I couldn't tell you. Wishes make me nervous and uncomfortable. Perhaps wish for all the knowledge regarding the situation with the zombies.

Nevinz
2012-10-26, 10:38 PM
Hey guys!

I heard you lost some party members, so I'm here to bring my boundless D&D addiction to the group. I'm also bringing Vaseris (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=461564) for the stealth. Mmmm, tasty natural camouflage.

I'll be fading into the game in a bit. Just wanted to say hi!

EDIT: Oh, may I have Vaseris speak in bold purple?

Techwarrior
2012-10-26, 10:57 PM
perhaps two inherent bonuses to your con to make up for what you will lose.

Lol. Too bad Mathew doesn't even HAVE a Constitution score anymore.

Nevinz
2012-11-05, 08:38 PM
Poke. Any chance we could link the other thread to this one? I'd like to be able to go to the IC thread and get a link to this one rather than digging through my browser history.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-07, 01:50 PM
why don't you just subscribe to both of them? Seems much simpler.

Rolling for Thrag's Hp since he finally can level.

[roll0]

Nevinz
2012-11-07, 09:25 PM
I have now done so.
Still seems like a link would not be amiss though. Just for convenience.

Can....can I be added as an active character?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-08, 02:17 PM
So I seem to recall that we were following a path, correct? So we should just go the way we didn't come.

But provided some sort of roll is needed
Survival [roll0]

Nevinz
2012-11-08, 10:24 PM
My survival is pretty good also. I'll aid you if you want it.
[roll0]

Techwarrior
2012-11-13, 06:19 PM
I've updated the first post with Nevinz' character.

Obscurejones
2012-11-15, 11:24 AM
Hi everybody. Joining in at some point when it makes sense in the Ic.

Puck Goodfellow (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=461842)
"I ssshould be clear that the name is a psssseudonym. A nom de guerre as they sssssay. Ssssssomething my people ussssse when they travel.

I was a jessster, like many of my kind. Given to cheap trickssss and pratfallsss. There to make a fool of myssself. To let the good timessss roll. Until each court grew tired of me. And ssso I move on. From court to court. Crowd to crowd. Until I hear of your predicament. A whole region beset by walking dead.

Ssssssssoundsss like you could use a laugh."

Puck stands at a shade under six foot, blue black hair swept back onto his shoulders. When he smiles his fangs gleam distressingly white. He tends to let a dark blue coat drape over his armor.

Nevinz
2012-11-15, 12:52 PM
Welcome welcome welcome welcome.

And then welcome.

Hope there's an opening for you to join soon.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-15, 01:00 PM
Hi everybody. Joining in at some point when it makes sense in the Ic.

Puck Goodfellow (http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=461842)
"I ssshould be clear that the name is a psssseudonym. A nom de guerre as they sssssay. Ssssssomething my people ussssse when they travel.

I was a jessster, like many of my kind. Given to cheap trickssss and pratfallsss. There to make a fool of myssself. To let the good timessss roll. Until each court grew tired of me. And ssso I move on. From court to court. Crowd to crowd. Until I hear of your predicament. A whole region beset by walking dead.

Ssssssssoundsss like you could use a laugh."

Puck stands at a shade under six foot, blue black hair swept back onto his shoulders. When he smiles his fangs gleam distressingly white. He tends to let a dark blue coat drape over his armor.

First off. welcome. Secondly, any chance you could change a skill to max your ranks in UMD? We do not have a healer... so someone who could use a wand of cure light wounds would be very useful.

Obscurejones
2012-11-15, 09:49 PM
Sure. Party preferences as to what skill I drop to make room?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-15, 10:02 PM
By my count you should have 9 skills maxed (6+int bonus). You only have 8. So you don't have to drop anything.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-15, 10:10 PM
Crap, I just realized I never leveled up Matthew...

I'm gonna go do that now.

Also, Obscure, howd you get a 6 misc. bonus to your diplo?

Edit: Also Also: Techwarrior - what exactly does the ring that Matthew got do, or is it a secret?

And one more edit: are we rolling for HP, or taking half?

Obscurejones
2012-11-15, 10:31 PM
Also, Obscure, howd you get a 6 misc. bonus to your diplo?

The magic of skill synergy, and a boost from race. Diplomacy is mah friend.

Techwarrior
2012-11-15, 11:28 PM
Edit: Also Also: Techwarrior - what exactly does the ring that Matthew got do, or is it a secret?

It's a secret, currently this is all you've got about that.

"...This ring belonged to a Radiant that I knew a long time ago. He was a dear friend to me, but I think it's time to move past that."

She glances shyly at Thrag. Then hands Mathew a ring of brilliantly polished white gold.

"Anyway, he said that he channeled his power into it to rejuvenate himself. I'm sorry, I don't really know how it works. I never saw him use it."

I'd allow you to make knowledge checks for it, or you can start experimenting. It's a pretty nifty little ring.

And one more edit: are we rolling for HP, or taking half?

Half, rounding down at even levels and up at odd.

Obscure's character isn't far around the corner, I've got that all worked out.

ForzaFiori
2012-11-15, 11:57 PM
Matthew should be leveled up fully now.

Techwarrior
2012-11-18, 11:33 AM
I'm just waiting on the RP, can't really say much. I'm still here though.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-18, 01:39 PM
I think we're done bantering, if you would like to move us along to our target goal

Techwarrior
2012-11-18, 01:59 PM
Oh no, I'm not trying to hurry you. Just pointing out I'm still here.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-18, 04:14 PM
I wasn't implying you were hurrying us. I was just saying I think we're done discussing the situation for the time being.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-22, 12:39 AM
When we left Valken, we had some spot pin pointed to us that supposedly contained the source of the zombies.
My understanding of this is that when we stopped at the temple, we were maybe half a day's journey away from this spot.

Is svar on the way to this spot?

Techwarrior
2012-11-22, 01:08 AM
It would be more accurate to say that the spot is either in Svar, or very close by.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-22, 02:09 AM
And the plot thickens...

Nevinz
2012-11-22, 09:12 AM
Quick interjection:
Happy Thanksgiving, you guys! And even if you don't celebrate it, I hope you have a great day!

Obscurejones
2012-11-26, 11:30 AM
Hey TechWarrior,
Is Puck one of the people on that back wall?

Techwarrior
2012-11-26, 04:18 PM
Obsurejones
yes, indeed you are.

Nevinz
2012-11-27, 12:44 AM
So has Garren spotted me, or just that wolf?

Man, I need Darkstalker so badly...

Techwarrior
2012-11-27, 02:26 AM
Just the wolf. I feel for you, Scent is a pain. Garren is currently busy exchanging words with Thrag, so currently just the wolf knows you're there.

Nevinz
2012-11-27, 02:39 AM
What's really going to end my stealth career is if people in this setting decide to use Mindsight.

Hopefully that day will never come.

Techwarrior
2012-11-27, 02:46 AM
That's odd, I've always read Mindsight as one of the things that Darkstalker lets you hide from. IIRC, it even says that it works 'like Blindsight.'

It is, however, pretty unlikely that Mindsight starts popping up all over the place.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-11-27, 03:05 AM
Well... at least until we hit level 3 when we start fighting Illithids more commonly:smallwink:

ForzaFiori
2012-11-27, 11:13 AM
Man, I've already died once, now you want me to have my brain sucked out? Somehow, I think I'd have to use one of my 2 wishes to fix that.

Nevinz
2012-11-28, 01:29 AM
That's odd, I've always read Mindsight as one of the things that Darkstalker lets you hide from. IIRC, it even says that it works 'like Blindsight.'

It is, however, pretty unlikely that Mindsight starts popping up all over the place. Well, if it works like that in this setting, I will not complain. I have a character in another, super-super-optimized game where a) it doesn't work like that and b) all the NPCs are fiendishly clever and seek out abilities like that.

The real question is, do I take Darkstalker at three, or try and do something about crossbow load times?

I guess I'll decide when I get there.

Techwarrior
2012-12-05, 04:10 AM
Well, that all depends on if your going to be trying to scout ahead, or just run around as one big conglomerate. If it were me, that would be what decided it. Scout's damage doesn't actually come from being sneaky, so you don't have that to need it for.

Knowledge (Nature) for Nevinz. (You beat the DC by 5.)
Karitryn are viscous, hive-minded, carnivorous insects that one would call foul-tempered if they weren't mindless. Though rumors abound of those that are sentient.

Karitryn warriors, the kind most commonly found outside of their caves, are absolutely lethal to those that are unprepared for them. Even adventurers are overwhelmed by hordes of them. They are quick, with scything claws, a poisoned tail, and a foul bite. Their chitin is thick, and is occasionally used to make armor that is extremely lightweight, but just as strong as metal armor.

Karitryn Warriors and Workers are Vermin (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/typesSubtypes.htm#verminType).

Karyitryn have well-developed hearing from generations of evolution underground. When underground, they are an absolute terror, for they are perfectly capable of hunting without light perfectly fine.
(They have Darkvision and Low-Light vision, but the Warriors and Workers don't have any other extra senses.)

Obscurejones
2012-12-12, 01:20 AM
Check? Check 1, 2. Check 1, 2, 3, 4.

Seriously though, what's up with the delays?

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-12, 04:25 AM
They randomly happen with pbp games.

I think we hit a point where nobody has anything to say back to Garren.

Shall we just say we escort the captives to the temple and move on?

Techwarrior
2012-12-12, 04:43 AM
If thats what y'all want to do, fine by me. I was unsure of whether what Garren said was proof enough for Mathew.

I also want to point out that Garren did say that he had to make sure y'all weren't going to stop good master's plans. He'll want assurances in that regard before he lets you walk away, barring fancy talk persuading him otherwise.

CowMasterTrojan
2012-12-12, 04:51 AM
yeah... that may be a problem.

Thrag would unwilling to make promises. However he would insist they were coming back to hear more, and see the proof, once these captives people are safe.

If that's acceptable, we can move on in my books.

ForzaFiori
2012-12-12, 02:34 PM
Sorry about that, I had ment to respond to Garret earlier, but got distracted by some papers I had to write.

Techwarrior
2013-01-04, 02:36 AM
Hope everyone's holidays were satisfying. :smallsmile:

IC is up to date.

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-18, 02:10 AM
Everything ok? Everybody still here?

We seem to have hit a stalling point of some kind.

Nevinz
2013-01-18, 03:06 AM
I'm still here.

Vaseris is pretty quiet. He is still new to the group, so he doesn't feel like he has much authority for speaking. Plus, he only partially understands what's going on.

Also, as someone with natural camouflage, he tends to stay in the background.

ForzaFiori
2013-01-18, 08:42 AM
I'm here, just unsure if there's anything still to do at the temple, or if Vadania will help us. Or how she would, for that matter.

Techwarrior
2013-01-19, 04:20 AM
Sorry, my own druidess took ill. I had to complete a slightly over-CRed encounter to try and find the book that contained the antidote to her poison. :smallcool:

CowMasterTrojan
2013-01-19, 01:32 PM
Did one third your party go AWOL, while the other third died too?:smallwink: