PDA

View Full Version : Two-Weapon Fighting Rogue [Pathfinder]

Amoren
2012-07-19, 10:16 AM
So, I know the general, pathfinder roguey stuff. But there is one thing I'm searching for. Is there a way, outside of eight or nine levels of mind blade or fighter (two weapon archetype) to make an attack with your main and off-hand weapon as a standard action?

From what I can see, there is no feat or rogue trick that allows you to do this. And sadly, I don't think losing 4-5d6 sneak attack and several major tricks, not to mention skill points, would be worth the +2 BAB, hit points, and ability to attack twice (heck, that barely makes up for the sneak attack damage lost!).

marcielle
2012-07-19, 11:18 AM
What you want, good sir, is pounce, the ability to make more than one attack after moving. Use to be, in 3.5, 1 level of barbarian got you near exactly what you wanted. Then. Then they took it away and meelees wept tears of blood. They have yet to give it back and unless you can convince your DM to let you Wolf Totem variant from 3.5 you are pretty much out of luck. Alternatives are to get a mount and have it do your moving for you, getting yourself pulled around on a cart or resort to magic.

Amoren
2012-07-19, 11:56 AM
Well, I know about pounce. I also know that the best way, that I know of, is being a kitsune and using vulpine pounce. Swift action to go from human to fox-human form and get to pounce (bonus for having a bite attack, for extra attacks). But I am aware of how hard/situational pounce is to get (Tengu rogues also have the new archetype, but they require an action to activate it, but their pounce is more usable per encounter, I believe).

This is why I was looking for something like the above two classes dual strike ability. Its pounce-lite, but just enough to keep that back stabbing scoundrel going in a mobile engagement.

CreganTur
2012-07-19, 12:05 PM
1 level of Lion Totem Barbarian and call it done. It's the only way I know of to get it without doing anything really crazy.

We use it in our group, but then again we play 3.P.

Larpus
2012-07-19, 02:24 PM
Well, you can get 10 levels of Alchemist with the Vivisectionist and Beastmorpher archetypes.

Vivisectionist gives you sneak attak, so no loss there and Beastmorpher gives you pounce at level 10 (and flight at 6, and darkvision at 3) whenever you're using the class ability mutagen (boost to physical scores that last for 10min/level).

Also, there is a discovery (Alchemists' rogue trick) that gives you 3 natural weapons, one 1d8 bite and two 1d6 claws, which can be selected for weapon finesse, so that would save you a feat, granting you 3 full BAB attacks, which also get full Str bonus. That also qualifies you to grab the Multiattack (http://www.d20pfsrd.com/feats/monster-feats/multiattack-combat) feat, may you ever desire to mix weapon attacks with your natural routine.

And you also get spellcasting, spellcasting is always good.