PDA

View Full Version : Honey-Badger Man

Rentaromon
2012-07-19, 10:18 AM
Ok so in a new lvl 9 pathfinder game my friend is running i need to make a character. All i know about the world is that there will be some sort of mystery.

SO i wanted to make a crime solving bad ass, so im makeing batman's more deadly cousin.

Honey-Badger Man!

But i'm not sure how to go about doing this, any ideas?

Wyntonian
2012-07-19, 10:31 AM
Well, first, what sources do you have available, have you determined stats, what's the setting, what's the rest of your party look like, what role do you want to play in the party, and do you literally want a badger motif, or just a "I don't give a ****" type build?

Dragrun
2012-07-19, 10:32 AM
If you name your character Pooh as in Winnie the Pooh I would approve

Rentaromon
2012-07-19, 10:34 AM
20 point buy, i have access to anything on the SRD or psionics expanded as long as its not stupid OP. No idea about the world other than there will be a mystery. We have a rogue, thats all i know so far. As for badger theme or giving no ****s, im more interested in giving no ****s but still have a feel of being batman.

only1doug
2012-07-19, 10:43 AM
Go Bard, Skillpoints to put into all your investigative and social skills.

Whenever using bardic music you can mutter
d'nna, d'nna, d'nna, D'nna, BardMan, etc

Kinda Adam West but thats the way it goes sometimes

AWiz_Abroad
2012-07-19, 11:08 AM
Toss on a Rod of Ropes from Complete Scoundrel(4000gp) for a classic grapple gun, dress in a black cloak of charisma. . . .

Toss a goodly amount of points in Intimidate, and you've about got it made

Dragrun
2012-07-19, 11:10 AM
Toss on a Rod of Ropes from Complete Scoundrel(4000gp) for a classic grapple gun, dress in a black cloak of charisma. . . .

lol yes this is awesome

Flickerdart
2012-07-19, 11:33 AM
Go Bard, Skillpoints to put into all your investigative and social skills.

Whenever using bardic music you can mutter
d'nna, d'nna, d'nna, D'nna, BardMan, etc

Kinda Adam West but thats the way it goes sometimes
No, he would obviously go "a-badger badger badger badger mushroom mushroom".

Daftendirekt
2012-07-19, 11:36 AM
If you name your character Pooh as in Winnie the Pooh I would approve

What on earth does that have to do with honey badgers? :smallconfused:

Synovia
2012-07-19, 11:42 AM
Druid/Wildshape Ranger.

Wildshapes into Badger/Direbadger/whatever. Very little use of spells outside of buffs. Pure melee. Roleplay not giving a ****

Ziegander
2012-07-19, 11:48 AM

This + Cha to saves + Immunity to Poison + Immunity to Disease. That should get you a respectable amount of not giving a ****. Add in some DR and energy resistance for more not giving a **** as desired.

Really, the first three levels of Paladin work wonders here. The only thing you're missing is immunity to poison. Fear? Don't give a ****. Disease? Don't give a ****. Fatigued? Don't give a ****. Only use Lay on Hands on yourself, because you don't give a ****.

Diovid
2012-07-19, 01:53 PM
Nothing to see here, just a guy who missed the pathfinder-part.

Pika...
2012-07-19, 02:01 PM
Badger-Man?

He needs some snake themed followers.

Oh, and a taste for mushrooms.

Dr.Epic
2012-07-19, 02:03 PM
Ok so in a new lvl 9 pathfinder game my friend is running i need to make a character. All i know about the world is that there will be some sort of mystery.

SO i wanted to make a crime solving bad ass, so im makeing batman's more deadly cousin.

Honey-Badger Man!

But i'm not sure how to go about doing this, any ideas?

Please tell me this was not inspired by one of the Chipmunk movies.

Venusaur
2012-07-19, 02:04 PM
Be a were-badger!

Lord Tyger
2012-07-19, 02:08 PM
Criminals...

I was playing along the river bank, when I tripped and fell.

A superstitious cowardly lot...

Suddenly it was there before me.

Father...

To this day, when I close my eyes it's as if I am still there.

I need to use that fear...

The stench of its hot breath on my face. The sheer hatred in it's eyes.

That most perfect warrior.

Yes father...

I shall become a honey badger.

Nizaris
2012-07-19, 02:18 PM
Pathfinder grr... My normal build for a non-magical Batman involves Avenging Executioner 4, Shadowdancer 2 is still available.

I say Master of Many Styles 1 or 2 then rogue and shadowdancer, Avenging Executioner if you ask nicely with the Master Artisan feat. You can make cloak for gliding, Cha boosters for Intimidate and a grappling gun. You can replace MoMS with Ninja and then ignore rogue but you want a melee combatant with no spells, just lots of (magic) tools.

Rentaromon
2012-07-19, 04:44 PM
Pathfinder grr... My normal build for a non-magical Batman involves Avenging Executioner 4, Shadowdancer 2 is still available.

I say Master of Many Styles 1 or 2 then rogue and shadowdancer, Avenging Executioner if you ask nicely with the Master Artisan feat. You can make cloak for gliding, Cha boosters for Intimidate and a grappling gun. You can replace MoMS with Ninja and then ignore rogue but you want a melee combatant with no spells, just lots of (magic) tools.

dam that combo makes one hell of a batman, but im makeing honey-badger man. So its not perfect. Im trying to add that to paladin but then i need high stats in everything!

Nizaris
2012-07-19, 09:13 PM
dam that combo makes one hell of a batman, but im makeing honey-badger man. So its not perfect. Im trying to add that to paladin but then i need high stats in everything!

If you can keep it to Paladin as a base class, get a Merciful Graceful weapon and beg your DM to allow Avenging Executioner modified to non-lethal damage instead of lethal damage and a good-alignment. Since Paladins require respecting legitimate authority that means vigilantism needs to not pile bodies up. Dex build means you can reduce stats to Cha and Dex. A sap and one other class with sneak attack means your 2d6 turns into 6d6+12 with Sap Adept/Master. Shadowdancer 2 nets you uncanny dodge for crowd fighting, evasion, and the ability to blend into the shadows.

Randomguy
2012-07-19, 09:39 PM
You could play a were-badger.

Ziegander
2012-07-19, 09:40 PM
There's gotta be a way in Pathfinder to be a Non-Lawful Good, Non-Chaotic Evil Paladin, right? Because, no way is Honey Badger Man either of those alignments. True Neutral most likely. Or maybe just portray him as the least Lawful, least Good LG character imaginable. True Neutral with LG tendencies?

Rentaromon
2012-07-21, 03:31 PM
Ive made a choice.

paladin 4 for immunity to fear, disease, smite, charisma to saves, and some 2d6 healing.

Monk(maneuver master)2 for the ability to use 2 styles(crane, panther) and the feats to take them for a powerful fighting style where i let people attack me and not give a ****.

Mighty godling3 a 3rd party class i really like for some bonuses in random areas from other classes, like the oracles discovery to add charisma to my saves instead of my other stats, plus adding charisma to my knowledge skills twice.

Im gonna pump my charisma and dump intelligence and wisdom.

All in all i have stupidly high saves, good AC, good HP, good bonus to hit, and a strange fighting style that gives zero ****s.

QuidEst
2012-07-21, 04:18 PM
Ive made a choice.

paladin 4 for immunity to fear, disease, smite, charisma to saves, and some 2d6 healing.

Monk(maneuver master)2 for the ability to use 2 styles(crane, panther) and the feats to take them for a powerful fighting style where i let people attack me and not give a ****.

Mighty godling3 a 3rd party class i really like for some bonuses in random areas from other classes, like the oracles discovery to add charisma to my saves instead of my other stats, plus adding charisma to my knowledge skills twice.

Im gonna pump my charisma and dump intelligence and wisdom.

All in all i have stupidly high saves, good AC, good HP, good bonus to hit, and a strange fighting style that gives zero ****s.

Yeah, well, pulling godling will do it. Full BAB, d12 HD, access to choice of a few spells up to level 7, and sundry bonuses will do that. But that's sort of like playing a wizard in a bard campaign- unless other players are playing similarly tricked-out characters, of course. :P

Rentaromon
2012-07-21, 04:38 PM
Yeah, well, pulling godling will do it. Full BAB, d12 HD, access to choice of a few spells up to level 7, and sundry bonuses will do that. But that's sort of like playing a wizard in a bard campaign- unless other players are playing similarly tricked-out characters, of course. :P

Yah godling has potential for some serious craziness, But all im getting out of it beside the bab and Hd is a sizable bonus to saves and knowledge, because i wanted to be somewhat useful outside of combat and with my stupid high saves with bonuses from charisma twice i can be a real honey-badge and give no ****s.

Dr_S
2012-07-21, 05:23 PM
you know there's always summoner synthesist, when you're merged you tend not to give a **** because you've got double the HP of everyone else. plus it allows you to dump all your physical stats (as they'll be replaced by the merged form anyway) and the best part is that it's the only summoner archtype that doesn't significantly suffer from cross classing

Rentaromon
2012-07-21, 06:42 PM
you know there's always summoner synthesist, when you're merged you tend not to give a **** because you've got double the HP of everyone else. plus it allows you to dump all your physical stats (as they'll be replaced by the merged form anyway) and the best part is that it's the only summoner archtype that doesn't significantly suffer from cross classing

there is only one thing we cant use in our group, summoner and especially synthesis. Being a caster and being a stronger fighter than a real fighter at every level is crazy as hell.