PDA

View Full Version : Masters Crew: Lion Heart

FistsFullofDice
2012-07-19, 11:56 AM
This is the individual IC thread for Lion Heart.

FistsFullofDice
2012-07-23, 12:13 PM
He slammed the large stack of papers on the desk to straighten them out. He then placed the stack down on the table very slowly. "Look Mr. Hume" Mr. Smith looked at his desk hunting for the correct words "I don't believe my firm will go through with this deal. It has come to our attention that your former partners where recently convicted of embezzlement and the people I represent feel this loss of experience and the subsequent" he pauses to rethink his words "pass down, to a younger generation" he looked up at Saul " will not meet our expectations..." "I understand that this deal would have been very beneficial to your firm, and we have been talking about this for some time now" he looked up timidly at Mr. Hume "but I don't think this can work"

Lionheart
2012-07-23, 02:47 PM
Saul sighs quietly, then steeples his fingers in front of him. He addresses the man in front of him in an even, understanding tone.
"Mr. Smith, I understand your concerns. The fact is that this company has been the plaything of the schemes and ambitions of aged and bitter men.
But you must understand how it looks."

Saul rises from his chair and turns to look out of the window, with his back still to his host he continues.

"It was I who uncovered the corruption of the men who made me what I am today, and, knowing the damage it would do to my business." he pauses, places his hand on his chest and sighs sadly "And to my own reputation, I did the right thing, and turned those men in to the authorities.

The fact is that your firm was more than willing to make this deal with a company rife with fraud and dishonesty, but are unwilling to make the same deal with us now that we've purified ourselves?

I am certain that you and your comrades are beyond reproach, but I thought the same of my former partners. It would be such a shame if you were to fall under suspicion of collaborating, and even aiding them in their criminal activities."

Saul turns back to Mr. Smith, and extends his hand.

"But I've taken up enough of your time, I'll leave you to think it over. I pray, for your sake, that you make the right decision."

FistsFullofDice
2012-07-23, 03:02 PM
Mr. Smith takes his hand with eyes wide. As Saul walks out of the room Mr. Smith speaks up "Sir, I... I think I will have a talk with my colleagues. You make several points that... were not previously considered" Mr. Smith ground his teeth as he looked at Saul "I apologize for the inconvenience and we will reconsider your offer. Thank you for your time"

So what do you do after the meeting? This is all just to get an idea of what your character is like. Do whatever you want.

Lionheart
2012-07-24, 09:43 AM
After leaving Smith's office, Saul grins wickedly and adjusts his tie.
"Everything's going to plan" he thought.

Wordlessly he stepped into the back of his black car, his face soon hidden by the tinted windows. Addressing his driver/intern/bodyguard, he speaks authoritatively.

"Ben, be so kind as to take me back to the office, there are a few files I'll need to review."

As the car gets underway, he attempts to make small talk with his employee "Anything interesting planned tonight?"

I've changed my retainer's name to Ben so as to avoid cconfusion

FistsFullofDice
2012-07-24, 01:01 PM
Ben drove off towards the office, weaving his way through traffic. "You received a call from the Miller firm" Ben smiled, "They are very interested in the offer you had for them. I must say sir, you are amazing". Ben weaves through traffic. "Would you like me to pick up some dinner for you sir?"

Lionheart
2012-07-27, 05:54 AM
Saul smiles at the compliment.
"Thank you Ben, dinner would be excellent. I'll check on the Miller situation once we reach the office."

He then sits quietly in the back of the car, his mind working through all of the strategies and schemes he has in place.
"What a bundle of thorns"

FistsFullofDice
2012-07-27, 01:52 PM
Ben pulled into the office parking complex. Waving at the guards he slowly started to drive up to the top floor. The place was mostly empty save the occasional car from the janitors. Ben pulled smoothly up to the top floor and stopped right next to a private space boldly marked "Mr. Hume" He stepped out of the car and walked around to open Mr. Hume's door. "I will hurry back Mr. Hume" he said as Saul walked towards the elevator.
Mr. Hume pressed the button for his floor. And with a clean jerk the elevator sped off towards its target. From the glass paneling the city shinned with bright intensity through the night. A beautiful view of this empire, well within the reach of Saul's fingers. The elevator stopped at a huge marble clad atrium leading to a long hallway. As he stepped from the elevator he looked to his left and said a stern greeting to the guards on the far side of the room. Neither of them rose to greet him, must have been a hard night. Mr. Hume walked briskly to the office at the end of the hall. And opened the large wodden doors to his office.

I want you to tell me about your office, make it reflect your character. Its all one room but very spacious.