PDA

View Full Version : some invocations because I feel like it(3.5, invocations, PEACH)

bobthe6th
2012-07-19, 01:22 PM
AFB at the moment, so odd format for now...

razor blast
least eldrich essence
The blast is filled with razor like edges of energy.
The eldrich blasts critical threat range increases to 18-20/x2, its range stays the same. this stacks with improved critical.

deadly blast
least eldrich essence
The blast is filled with needle like barbs.
The eldrich blasts critical multiplier increases to x4, its range stays the same.

Feat:
Eldrich Warrior:
prerequisite: deadly blast or razor blast
benafit: you can apply either deadly blast or razor blast to any eldrich blast without them counting as an eldrich essence. It is impossible to add both.

Amechra
2012-07-19, 03:31 PM
I can't really find anything wrong with any of this, though I do feel like Eldritch Warrior needs a few more pre-reqs.

That's all, really.

bobthe6th
2012-07-19, 05:21 PM
all I can think of is a level requierment... say 6? kicks in as real play starts, keeps low level builds from making crazy stacked blasts, and fits in right as improved critical would.

Amechra
2012-07-19, 06:08 PM
Seems about right; you could also make the Invocations Lesser if you really want; DMs might be a little wary of something that ups a Crit Range or Mod to that level (Even though the class should have already increased them!)

bobthe6th
2012-07-19, 06:49 PM
these are invocations... this is really not that great as a) at lesser you have aoo shapes, wich this dosn't boost and b) its an invocation... you get 12, about three of each rank. these aren't worth 1/3 of your lesser invocations.

Network
2012-07-19, 08:43 PM
The eldrich blasts critical threat range increases to 18-20/x2, its range stays the same. this stacks with improved critical.

You should cut /x2, and this is just a better (and cumulative) version of improved critical anyway.

The eldrich blasts critical multiplier increases to x4, its range stays the same.

A little better

Il would suggest make razor blast non cumulative (maybe even just 19-20), x3 for deadly blast, and make them cumulative if you have Eldrich Warrior. Otherwise it will just make warlocks better archers than the archer-builded fighters.

bobthe6th
2012-07-19, 08:51 PM
wait... people actually build archer fighters? were upon they realize they can't get any damage out of it and go to something better? unless they go thug... and then arn't really fighters.
an invocation is big stuff... for a least you can get at will SS or shatter or a lot of things. you get three... if you spend one to make your crit range good it should make it really good. though I like the idea of tying it into the feat more... perhapce a soul bow esqu prc?