PDA

View Full Version : The Dark Side Hungers IC

Ballista
2012-07-19, 02:33 PM
Journal 1-A

Well, I've finally been accepted into this damn company, something about running missions along the edge of the outer rim, but the only thing I care about is the fact that everyone's been telling me this outfit's just smooth sailing. Hardly any contacts with hostiles, no Republic cruisers jamming their turbolasers up every damn orifice. Hell, this ought to be one nice, relaxing tour. The doc says that keeping a journal would help relieve the stress or something, kinda overkill, but heck I'll try it out. Going to figure out who's in my squad sometime this cycle; apparently the CO's some Mandalorian... I wonder where the hells they dug him out of, let's hope they're not as crazy the vids make them out to be...

Journal 2-A

I'm aboard the ship now, the Daedalus or something along those lines, it's apparently some top secret prototype or something, but as long as it doesn't blow up on me or suck me out into space, I couldn't give a mynock's droppings about what it's supposed to do. I guess I'll get back to this when I get to my cot.

Journal 2-B

Bumped into some droid on the way up here, T4 models are pretty darn rare these days but there was something definitely odd about this guy. It seemed to lack that... quirkiness that the astromechs back at home had, he just seemed a tad depressed. He's probably just overdue from a memory wipe.

Journal 35-A

Getting back late from the bar again, the holos there are a getting a bit stale, but the Membrosia there is the finest I've had in a long while. Saw some Bothan there getting at it with some pazaak with Del, apparently that furball was doing pretty well cuz Del started yelling at him for cheating or something... I've got more PT in a few more cycles so I better get some shut eye.

Journal 42-A

Del and a couple other guys have gone missing, no trace of them, they just vanished off the ship. The escape crafts are still docked and none of the ships that departed were unregistered. They're probably just playing tricks on us, but we got a meeting in a few hours anyway because of this. Damn it guys, I'm missing out on the race.

Journal 49-A

Damn, I keep bumping into some odd guys out in the halls. There was some whole procession with some woman in cuffs being marched down the residential deck. Looks like we gout ourselves someone smuggling onto the ship. But I best keep my nose out of it. On another note, another couple of guys went missing, even one of those hoity toity sith apprentices. Somethings going on around here, I'm not entirely sure what though.

Journal 49-C

Again! another column of guards just come marching down the hall, this time with one of those Miralukas? I don't remember what they're called, the ones with the hoods over their faces all the time. He seemed pretty darn calm about it, even though he's probably going to sit in some force cage for the rest of his life. They better keep an eye on him, those guys always creep me out...

Journal 78-A

Ok, I'm getting paranoid or something, but there is something seriosuly wrong on this ship. People do not just get up and disappear... The Sith in charge is calling for some sort of public address in the hangar soon, let's hope he has some answers.

Journal 79-D

I can't sleep, there's some buzzing in the back of my head, I can't get rid of it. It sounds like it's coming from the hall outside. Damn it Kel'dahn, you better not be playing tricks on me again. I'm gonna go check it out.

These recordings are played out over the Daedalus' intercoms a long and drawn out pause is left after the final audio clip, until suddenly an ice cold voice penetrates the silence.
These are the fragments of data we recovered from a datapad we discovered in one of the maintenance panel on the Prison deck. The ID of the device's owner has been identified as a Zyk Delthamier, one of the latest case of disappearances on this ship. Our inquisitors are attempting to solve this situation as best as they can, though if anyone were to have any information regarding these incidences, report it to your Commanding officers. If anyone is found to be withholding information, they will be dealt with appropriately.
The intercoms cuts off at this point as you hear the comm click back into its receiver.

MintyNinja
2012-07-19, 03:02 PM
As the intercom went dead the music at the bar resumed. Jek watched a pazaak game with only mild interest as he sipped his drink. The Rodian had switched one of his cards mid-game and the human hadn't noticed. It wasn't a big deal, though, and Jek wouldn't say a word to either party. As the Rodian began to collect his winnings the human left the bar, probably out of creds. Not a bad idea, thought Jek. He finished his drink and also left the bar.

After a few minutes of meandering he found himself in the nearest hangar bay. With the recent disappearances repair work had been piling up and it's not like he had anything better to do. Jek retrieved his gear from the locker he was currently assigned and started working on a shuttle.

About an hour later his "boss" came up to his workstation, "Jek, gotta minute?"
"Sure, what's up?" he replied without looking up.
"I got reassigned, they want more people to figure out this disappearin' business and I can't have you doing my work here anymore."
This caught the Bothan's attention and he stopped working and said, "Is that so? Then I guess I'm done here." He ignored any apology made, collected his tools, and made his way to the abandoned cot he'd been sleeping in. That's another crashed venture, I'll have to find something else soon.

Down Comforter
2012-07-19, 03:23 PM
Kot Ha'rang sat in his quarters, field stripping his weapon and enjoying the privacy that being an "officer" afforded him. He half-listens to the announcement as he cleans the focusing crystal in his rifle. He grunts when he hears the reference to himself, but carries on. By the time the announcement comes to an end, Kot's weapon, crafted so long ago with his father, shines like new.

With another grunt he stands and places his weapon into his locker. He slips the sheath containing his sword into place at his side and leaves his room, content to wander until something catches his attention.

Major
2012-07-19, 04:26 PM
Ovelia calmly sat in her cell with her eyes closed as she leans against the wall and listens to the recording. She didn't speak and didn't open her eyes as she waited. People disappearing was a bad thing, but she knew that unless the Current didn't want her to disappear she'd be safe and if it did then nothing she could do would change that. This belief in fate and destiny left her with little concern about matters as she lay in her cell each day.

While she wouldn't admit it, she was growing bored and longed for her freedom. She knew that the Current had her hear for a reason, but she hoped that reason would hurry up and happen. Perhaps these disappearances were the reason she was here and the Current would free her soon. After the recording ended and after a few moments of silence she opened her eyes and looked around. She saw the blind alien in the cell opposite her and nodded.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-19, 11:08 PM
T4 trundled aimlessly through the abandoned hallways of a lower deck on the ship. he had just been chased away from the mechanical bay by an irritated mechanic working on an astromech droid, and was still fuming to himself about the encounter.

I was simply commenting on the fundamental flaws behind the very concept of manufactured substitutes for sentient beings. There is no need to start throwing wrenches...

Awakened from his thoughts by the announcement, T4 listed woefully while scooting through the empty corridor.

"Great. Now people are just disappearing off of the ship. I bet I'll disappear next. No one would care about the disappearance of an old annoying mechanical droid. I bet they wouldn't even notice I was gone." he loudly and forlornly complains to the deserted hallway.

Ballista
2012-07-20, 12:15 PM
T4-
A static filled warble fills your head processor before a rather gruff sounding voice erupts from the chatter.
[Basic]
Hey droid, we've got a problem down at the hyperdrive. One of the couplings seems to have been disconnected, the other engineers have their hands tied on life support and other more pressing matters. So get your tin ass off to the hangar, I'll have another mechanic there to meet you.

Jek-
You see an Aqualish bump pass your boss as he leaves the hangar bay, exchanging a few words. The tusked alien is burly and barrel chested, you can see his distended belly stretch over the waistline of his stained and worn work pants. He raises his hand in an attempt to get your attention before making a hasty, if awkward advance towards you. His voice is rough and hoarse, with a heavy accent suggesting that he rarely if ever speaks in Basic.
[Basic]
Oi! You're Jek right? I heard from Eno back there that you're out of a job; I've got a few odd jobs popping out of the ship hear and there that the engineering corps can't handle. He tells me that you're decent with a hydrospanner; if you want the job, we can start immediately.
He holds out a hairy and clawed hand.
Of course, I've forgotten my manners, the names Gorto. Gorto Zaka.

Kot-
You didn't need to wander far from your dormitories as it seems someone's been looking for you. A dark figure walks towards you from across the hall, flanked by a pair of crimson clad commandos. The man has all the qualities that you'd expect of a sith, dark, foreboding and seemingly clad in shadows. He wears a black and hooded robe over a set of dark grey battle armor, his intricately carved lightsaber hangs proudly on his belt; despite how close he is to you, his face remains unseen behind his hood. He and his guards stop a few inches in front of you as the man begins to speak, his voice sounds oddly familiar to you.
[Basic]
Mandalorian, the troops are as fit as ever I presume? Nevertheless, I have a task that would require your... expertise. We've recently captured a couple of jedi, though we know not of their origins and purpose; one is not different from the thousands of other vermin in the galaxy, though the other... she has an odd feeling about her. You're to go down to the prison deck and determine their intentions, their purpose and who they are.
Reaching inside his robe, he produces what looks like a small datapad and holds it before you.
This datapad holds the codes to unlocking the cells as well as acting as the key card to utilizing the interrogation room. Remember Mandalorian, they're to be kept alive...

Ovelia-
Your fellow prisoner acknowledges your presence, reaching out in the force to greet you before retracting himself. You see a slight smile form on the man's lips before changing back to a peaceful calm. He sits down in the cell, cross legged and begins to meditate.

Down Comforter
2012-07-20, 12:22 PM
Kot takes the offered datapad and salutes, fist to heart. "It will be done as you say. I will report to you as soon as I have something worthwhile."

Kot waits until the Sith leaves or dismisses him, then proceeds to the cell block, attempting to memorize the codes on the datapad as he walks. His large form leaves a wake in the foot traffic as he moves.

MintyNinja
2012-07-20, 12:23 PM
"Yeah, Jek Drey'lorsk," Jek says as he grasps the alien's hand. "A job's a job, right? I've got nothing else planned, just lead me to where we have to go."

Major
2012-07-20, 02:11 PM
A slight bit of confusion crosses Ovelia's face at the man's smile. She wasn't the type to whine and complain, but it seemed an odd choice for the man to be smiling while sitting in a cell. She didn't know much about her captors, but from what she had gagged they seemed to be like a dam attempting to block and manipulate the Current which was supposed to run free. It was almost sickening when she looked at them in the Current. The Current was meant to guide, not be guided, to flow unhindered and just take you along for the ride not to be twisted.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-20, 05:03 PM
T4 stops in his tracks and heaves a sigh. (He has been working very hard over the past month to develop a sighing sound out of his vocabulator that sufficiently expresses boredom, self-loathing, and general discontent, and is fairly proud of the result.)

"Hyperdrive couplings... sounds dreadfully boring. But then again, so is everything else on this miserable ship. Very well. I am on my way. If i don't arrive in the hangar shortly, you can assume that I have disappeared along with all of the other victims, and my pitiful existence has finally come to an end. In which case, I expect you shall all be wanting to throw a party in celebration..."

Down Comforter
2012-07-20, 05:09 PM
Kot enters the detention area using the now memorized codes and stands looking over the two cells containing the force-users. He calmly examines one, then the other. "So. Who will be first?"

Major
2012-07-20, 07:00 PM
The silence is interrupted by the voice of a man entering. She looked up at him calmly. The man didn't seem to have that twisted messed up version of the Current running through him.

As he spoke she was quite contemplating the vagueness of his wording. "I guess that depends on what is first. If you mean who is first for questioning, torture, or whatever you are here for, that would be your say nor ours as we are but captives."

Ballista
2012-07-20, 07:16 PM
Jek-
[Basic]
We've got ourselves a problem with the hyperdrive, we're currently idling in this system while we make some repairs with the life support, one of the air scrubbers have gone offline. We've got too many repairs to make and not enough people or droids for that matter. The hyperdrive is important of course, and we've got a spare, but it'd actually be nice if the damn thing would be up and ready. A droid's coming down to assist you on it, but just as a warning, some may find his demeanor a bit odd for a droid.
The Aqualish turns around slowly, his rather rotund physique hinders his motion greatly.
Ahh, speak of the devil... here's T4. If you have any problems or need any tools just com me. I've got to get back to work.
Gorto walks out of the hangar bay and into one of the maintenance corridors that tunnel throughout the ship.

MintyNinja
2012-07-20, 07:36 PM
"Hyperdrive, eh? Alright then." Despite the quick turn around in the work situation, Jek kept his voice as nonchalant as possible. Any negative attitudes associated with a Bothan eventually lead to accusations and other troublesome issues. And with people disappearing, the tension was high enough.

"Odd demeanor from a droid? No one does memory wipes anymore?" he mumbled quietly as the droid in question came into view. He hadn't expected a T4, being as rare as they were, but he could recognize it by the rear track and hand appendages. "I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that by 'odd demeanor' you meant depressing attitude, eh?" Jek asked. Gorto nodded in response. "I'll be fine with it. We'll be done soon enough."

As the fat Aqualish left them, Jek said to the droid, "I guess we're working together. Would you like to lead the way?"

thechosen2nd
2012-07-21, 12:37 PM
As T4 approaches Jek, you hear the droid finishing up a rant about something...

"...Not that it would matter that I wouldn't be invited anyways... It's not like I can consume the exquisite foods you sentients always rave on and on about. Yet another deplorable inadequacy they didn't consider when they invented the heuristic proce-..."

T4 suddenly notices the Bothan, and stops in his tracks to examine him.

"Oh. Hello. You must be the mechanic. Yes, I suppose we are working together. Very well. The hangar is this way."

With that, the small droid resumes towards the hangar, his tracks quietly humming along the corridor floor.

"I bet you're livid that they sent you down to work with me, aren't you? Well, not much you can do about it, I guess. That's all there is in this pitiful existence anyways: disappointment after disappointment."

MintyNinja
2012-07-21, 12:52 PM
Jek listened politely as the male voice of the droid bemoaned his own existence. "Why would I be angry at being paired with a droid? Are you malfunctioning?" he asked. "Because if you are, I can fix that. I would just need your master's permission, or your own if you're self owned."

They continued walking and once they approached the Hyperdrive Jek said, "Well let's take a look at this beauty and see what the issue is."

Knowledge (Tech): [roll0]

@thechosen2nd: Is you're character named T4 or M4, you keep changing it.

Down Comforter
2012-07-21, 01:01 PM
"Well in that case, you're up first." Kot makes certain that the interrogation cell is free and moves to the cell door, unlocking it. He makes certain that Ovelia is secured before he moves her to the interrogation cell.

He settles her down in the chair across a table from him and he settles back. "Now then, I would prefer to not have to get too rough, as I have to use this uniform later. Let's begin with the basics. Identify yourself and your purpose on this ship."

Ballista
2012-07-21, 01:21 PM
Kot-
The walls are lined with cabinets filled with syringes and hypodermic needles filled with varied chemicals. Behind each row are even more toxins, serums and acids creating a rather colorful scene throughout the otherwise white and sterile room. Off in the corner is a flat piece of durasteel attached to an arm mounted to the wall; locked cuffs protrude from where you expect the victim's ankles and wrists are placed. A tray lies next to this contraption, several instruments ranging from knives and scalpels to stunners and shock probes are neatly arranged on its sterile surface. A panel from the floor has risen from the ground, acting as a table and desk, several chairs are stacked neatly inn the far corner.

Major
2012-07-21, 02:08 PM
Ovelia raises an eyebrow with an amused look, "My name is Ovelia and I don't know my purpose aboard the ship." She states calmly. "You all captured and arrested me, I would guess you know my purpose more so than I. I can guess that the Current placed me here for another reason, but what that is I don't know."

Ballista
2012-07-21, 04:13 PM
Jek-
You enter a chamber about 150 feet in diameter, several catwalks traverse the otherwise depth-less pit. A dim blue glow emanates from the bottom of the massive cooling vent shrouding most of the room in a blue hue. To the left and right of the entrance to the maintenance chamber sit the auxiliary Hyperdrives, short and squat cylinders, each with intricate designs that suggest some sort of ancient runes, but you know it to simply be a cooling apparatus.
You approach the left-most Hyperdrive; it seems to be standard issue of a ship of this tonnage, the readouts from the console suggests it to be be a Class 1 or perhaps lower. The power to the drive seems to be fluctuating; it constantly spikes and dips as the dim lights surrounding it continues to flicker. You open an access panel on the side of the main core to see the extent of the damage. The panel is lifted and you are immediately greeted with several sparks jumping out at you, slightly singing your fur but leaving no lasting effect.
However, you cannot immediately determine the areas of damage nor of its extent.

Jek please roll a Perception or a Mechanics Check (Or Both)

Down Comforter
2012-07-21, 04:40 PM
The Taung frowned, as much as the bone plates allowed, and jotted the information down on a pad. "And this Current. What is that? Keep in mind that should you withhold anything, I have no qualms about using... other techniques." He nods to the interrogation table.

MintyNinja
2012-07-21, 04:44 PM
Jek momentarily ignores the droid as he closer inspects the Hyperdrive. Fluctuating power could be any number of things. But, maybe... if I just... he thought as he got closer to better inspect the components.

Perception: [roll0]
Mechanics: [roll1]

Don't mean to leave thechosen2nd behind, but I figured I could fit this in.

Ballista
2012-07-21, 04:51 PM
Jek-
You instictievly look at the power connectors and coversion cells, though you find no problems in such areas. Sparks continue to spray from abov you as your deft hands reach deeper into the machine. You feel something odd as you explore the inner workings. Looking into the machinery, you see something neatly lodged between two arc converters; a slim and metallic tool, it appears to be an Arc Wrench.

MintyNinja
2012-07-21, 05:00 PM
An Arc wrench... which would mean... along with the disappearances... The mental gears of the Bothan spun and clicked into place. Clues previously unnoticed rose to the surface as his conclusion seemed to become more and more concrete. He removed the Arc wrench with care and took a second glance through the inner workings1 before he stood up. He set the tool down and spoke to the droid, "Looks like we've been sabotaged. Probably the same person or group that have been behind the disappearances. We should probably report in immediately; any thoughts?"

Just in case: Mechanics: [roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-21, 05:05 PM
Jek-
The Hyperdrive core seems to be receiving constant power, most of the sparks have subsided. There's no way to tell if it's completely repaired though, a full workup would be required; and that might take a few cycles to complete.

Major
2012-07-21, 09:27 PM
Ovelia seems confused for a moment, "I'm not sure how to explain the Current if you cannot already perceive it. How does one explain destiny and fate." She says, her words reflecting it was not a question. "The closest to explain the Current is to say it is fate. If I am fated to be here then I would be here no matter what you or I tried. In that same regard if I am fated to be placed on that table no matter what I tell you I will be placed on it. If I am not fated to be on it I won't be on it no matter what you wish. Our desires and will don't matter, merely what the Current, or fate, wants."

thechosen2nd
2012-07-21, 10:57 PM
"Sabotage? The list of disasters just keeps growing, doesn't it?"

The droid's processor unit hums a little louder as T4 analyzes the evidence.

Perception for examining the arc wrench and surrounding area for any clues:
[roll0]

"The saboteur would have to have access to an arc wrench, and know enough to be able to subtly sabotage the hyperdrive without killing themselves... so they must be somewhat mechanically inclined. In other words, we aren't dealing with a simple minded brute. And the fact that they struck for the hyperdrive implies that we can most likely add the imminent threat of a space battle to our growing list of existence-threatening problems...
In any case, I suppose you are right; we should report this right away. It would also be wise to check the other hyperdrives and ensure that they are in working order... Yet another mind-numbingly boring task. Sigh."

T4 comms in to the officer who gave him the orders to check out the hyperdrive.

"It would appear my initial predictions were correct: the ship is doomed. The hyperdrive you sent us to fix seems to have been sabotaged. We do believe that it is now in working order. However, it seems whatever is causing these disappearances has larger plans than just a few minor kidnappings."

T4 goes on to relay as much information to the officer as he can.

MintyNinja
2012-07-22, 05:41 AM
When T4 mentioned that the other Hyperdrives could be sabotaged Jek just nodded and went to check the other auxiliary drive. He got a readout from the screen and popped a panel to peek inside. It was entirely possible for a saboteur to leave explosives that don't interfere with functioning until detonation.

Know (tech): [roll0]
Mechanics: [roll1] <-- well if anything was wrong, it ain't now :smallbiggrin:

Ballista
2012-07-22, 02:10 PM
T4-
The comm connections is rather shaky, you hear portions of speech but it's generally warbled. You assume that their may be some EMP fields interfering with the transmission. Some words are distinct enough to make out though...
Sabotage...Sith...Droid...Aboard...
The comm cuts out at this point and only silence meets your attempts to reestablish communications.

Jek-
The monitor flashes to life as strings of data begin to dance across the screen. From what you can discern, this drive seems to be functional and other wise untampered with. Not trusting of the instrumentation, you pry open an access panel to the hyperdrive to give a closer inspection. All seemed to be in order, the power reached each different component of the machinery and it gives off a healthy and steady hum. Satisfied with its operation, you begin to close the panel, you spot something on the interior of said access panel. A brown stain covers a majority of the metal plating, you detect a slight metallic scent as you investigated further.

MintyNinja
2012-07-22, 02:22 PM
"Hey, T4? Can you come here a second? I have no idea what this stuff is, maybe you'll be able to recognize it," Jek called to the droid. He was glad the hyperdrive was fine, seemed to be a perfect example of said device. But the substance... with the new information regarding sabotage, this could be very important. Leaning closer, Jek tries to inspect further, hoping the smell would trigger a memory.

Ballista
2012-07-22, 02:31 PM
Jek-
The thought hits you square in the head; it's dried blood.

MintyNinja
2012-07-22, 02:36 PM
Don't know how I didn't think of that...

"Nevermind, I figured it out," said Jek. "How are we on comms?" He replaced the panel and walked back to the droid. As he walked, he tapped his concealed blaster to remind himself of its presence and weight.

Down Comforter
2012-07-22, 02:59 PM
Kot looks less than impressed, but it's hard to tell anything from the unmoving face. "Typical force user then." He types something into the datapad quickly and leans back. "What are your connections to the Republic? Why is your signature in the force different from others that we have encountered?"

Major
2012-07-22, 04:06 PM
"I have no connections to the Republic and have little information on who or what they are." She says calmly. "I do not know what you mean by 'Force' so I can't say why I appear different to you."

lothlirial
2012-07-22, 06:41 PM
Soga comes out of his trance to find the woman from before is gone.

That's not good. I hope they aren't doing anything to her.

Even as he thought that, he knew it was unlikely. He had learned the past few months not to trust the Sith. Their tactics in the courts were brutal... not to mention his abduction. Still if there was anything he could do for her, or anything he could learn from her, he'd best try.

Information is the best weapon, indeed.

As he drops again into a trance, Soga wonders how he could possibly escape this place without betraying the Jedi.

May the Force be with me...

Action: Farseeing
Target: the woman from the other cell
Use the Force: [roll0]
Special: if successful use a force point for knowledge of surroundings

thechosen2nd
2012-07-22, 07:52 PM
"More bad news. My internal comm isn't receiving a strong signal, most likely due to EMP fields interfering with the transmission. I recommend we move to another deck in hopes of receiving a stronger signal. Also, your comm might provide a stronger signal than my internal one, so perhaps we should give that a try. However, I don't have high hopes for that working either... I really should be able to reestablish communications here, but I can't... something must be very wrong...

In any case, it seems the boss has already been informed of some sort of saboteur on board... which certainly doesn't bode well. I couldn't hear him properly, but he mentioned something about the sith, and droid... don't know where he was going with that. I have a very bad feeling about all of this. What is the status of the other hyperdrives?"

MintyNinja
2012-07-22, 08:10 PM
"Other Hyperdrive is fine. Mechanically, anyways. There's a bloodstain inside the panel, and I do not like how this is looking," Jek said to the droid. "I'll give my comlink a shot, but you're right, we should get to another deck. Lead the way." While walking Jek tries his own comlink, disregarding the scrambler and tried to access any of Daedalus' channels. He also types out a quick message to his SpyNet contact, using the pocket scrambler: <Trouble on Daedalus. Disappearances and sabotage. Is this sanctioned? Do I stay?>

Ballista
2012-07-22, 08:41 PM
Jek-
From your location in the chamber, all attempts to reach local comm channels are met with static and silence. Your message disappears as you send it through , but you're unaware if the data actually made it through.

Jek & T4-
Walking to the door, you stop a good distance from the gate as it slides open slowly without any input from either of you. A figure is seen in the hallway leading to the chamber, his silhouette is shrouded in darkness as the lights in said hall are no longer functioning. The figure steps forward onto the catwalk, his features being revealed by the slight illumination from below you. A stocky man, possibly a soldier from his musculature; he has a human face, with a completely shaven scalp. Though only one things sticks to your mind, half his face has been blown apart, leaving his brain matter exposed to the air and only the left portion of his head remains intact. Sprouting from inside his cranium are several wires that twist and meander about his neck and disappear behind him. He stops in the doorway for the moment, not taking any further steps toward you.

T4-
Years of being around so many biologicals have made you a bit more sensible towards body language and subtle physical indicators.
You see a glint of restraint on his face, as if the man was restraining himself or otherwise in great strain.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-22, 10:09 PM
"Oh. Hello. I must say, I've met some sinister looking characters before, but I do believe you take the cake, so to speak. You really exude that 'I will destroy you and every evidence you ever existed' kind of vibe."

"I assume you are the saboteur, then? and the source of these disappearances? I can't imagine why it is you appear so hesitant to do us in... I can clearly see the strain in your facial expression."
(Yes, Jek, I am 97.3% certain. My experiences tell me he is either exhibiting extreme self control, carrying something very heavy, or having a particularly difficult time expelling solid waste. I highly doubt the later two are the case in this instance, which led me to the aforementioned conclusion.)

"Honestly, I wish you would just get it over with. I suppose you intend to push us off of the catwalk into the void? That doesn't seem like such a bad way to go. Unfortunately, my programming ensures that I do everything in my power to protect myself and my allies, so I expect I shall have to suffer a while before I meet my end. How dreadfully unsurprising."

Down Comforter
2012-07-23, 01:46 AM
Kot frowns, "How does one of little knowledge of the Republic? Before the arrival of the Sith, they were the dominant power in the galaxy." He leans forward in his chair. "And do not deny being a force user. A Sith has confirmed that you are one and I have no reason to doubt him. I will warn you one last time, regardless of your faith in this Current, I have no doubt that pain can bring you round soon enough. No more lies."

Major
2012-07-23, 01:52 AM
"It isn't lies. I know OF the Republic, but if you desire specific information on them I can't provide it as I'm not a member of them." She says with a calm shrug as if they were talking casually as opposed to her being threatened. "And I dislike the use of force, I'm a pacifist so I'm not sure why they would say I use force." She says in a pondering tone as if trying to figure out why they would say that. "And I'm not denying you could inflict pain, merely was commenting that if I was already fated to be in pain then no matter what I told you I would be. We are all but servants to the Currents of fate."

Down Comforter
2012-07-23, 02:03 AM
Kot sighs as he feels a headache starting to build up. "Well in that case, there's really no reason for you to even be here, now is there? Come on now, let's get those cuffs off you and get you out of here." Kot stands and walks around the table, bending to take off the cuffs, before backhanding the woman in the chair hard enough to knock her out of it. Kneeling next to the woman, he growls quietly, "being smart or clever will not help you in here. Remember that for when I next bring you in here."

He roughly hauls her up and pushes her out the door. He opens the force cage that is her cell and shoves her in. Activating the cage door, he turns to the other prisoner, the Miraluka. "Now then. Looks like it's your turn." He chuckles deep and low. "For now."

Major
2012-07-23, 02:17 AM
A frown had crossed the woman's face as she hadn't trusted him, but the backhand was a surprise. As she is thrown in the cage she tries her best to gracefully pick herself back up and move to the spot she'd been sitting in before the interrogation while mumbling something about men with tiny parts and their compensating.

MintyNinja
2012-07-23, 02:56 AM
Alarm bells were going off in Jek's head at the sight of the visitor. What T4 had to say really did not alleviate that tension. It, in fact, had inspired him to take action. In a rapid motion he had his blaster in hand and less then a second later he had fired upon the monstrous man. "Shoot first, apologize later," he said quickly to T4 as he edged closer to his target.

Swift Action: Quick Draw Blaster from Concealed Holster.
Standard Action: AC [roll0] + Force Point [roll1], [roll2] Energy damage.
Move Action: Move so as to be further from the edge, and only 2 squares closer to the enemy.

If I hit and he's denied his Dex bonus because of Surprise round, move him -1 along condition track.

Ballista
2012-07-23, 09:27 PM
Jek-
Your blaster bolt flies straight and ture, striking the man in the chest, smoke billows from the point of impact as he reels back from the force of the blast. As the grey steam dissipates, a stench of burning flesh fills the air. The figure recovers himself, a massive burn, red ans blistering swathes over most of his upper body.

Jek & T4-
You hear a voice, a whisper at best.
Please... help me.

Note: Use the map (https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AhXkIm0cD2Z6dDB0bFFjeFdrS0h0bnl2OHhDaTI2U lE#gid=2) as a reference to where you are, should be the third sheet of the doc.

MintyNinja
2012-07-23, 09:55 PM
Jek's left hand dives into his Tool Kit and resurfaces with one of his Ion Grenades. He's about to throw it when he hears the voice and instead asks, "What do I get if I do? And what kind of help?" His arm is still poised to use the grenade, but there may be a chance to profit here.

Swift Action: Unused
Move Action: Draw the Ion Grenade. (Quick draw negates penalty for concealment)

Readied Standard Action: IF he moves 2 squares closer, OR draws a weapon, OR takes an aggressive action: Jek throws the grenade at him (I'll roll it when needed). ALSO, if he says, "Kill me" or "Please die" Jek will throw the grenade at him (only so much tension a man can take).

Ballista
2012-07-24, 04:17 PM
Jek & T4-
The man is still frozen in place, his one remaining eye darts from Jek to the droid and to the hyperdrive cores. From the irapid eye movement you can tell that he is either in shock or simply terrified.
Run... I can't keep it in check for much longer...
Right at the end of his sentence, his eye freezes and shifts to focus on Jek. He approaches you, dragging one of his feet at an odd angle as he slowly makes his way toward the Bothan.

Jek-
You can make that attack now if you want.

MintyNinja
2012-07-24, 04:29 PM
"Wrong answer." A press of a button and a light toss send an armed ion grenade his way. Jek only hoped that the freak had something in his pockets after.

AC [roll0] Aiming for M29-N30
Ion Damage: [roll1] (I think that's a x2 for a cybernetic enemy)

Down Comforter
2012-07-24, 04:34 PM
"Right then, up you go," Kot growls as he lifts the Miraluka up by the scruff of his neck. He makes certain his cuffs are secure and then moves him to the interrogation room. "Now I'll ask you the same thing I asked the other. Identify yourself and your purpose on this ship."

Ballista
2012-07-24, 05:55 PM
T4-
You notice little else of the man than you've already seen. He seems to have sustained far more damage than any biological can live through and in fact should be dead much less move around in his condition.

Jek-
The cylindrical ion grenade soars through the air, and hits the catwalk several feet away from the man. An explosion of pure white erupts from beneath your target's feet, blinding you for at least a split second. As soon as it began, the flash receded, leaving a limp figure on the floor, blood oozing from his wounds and sparks erupting from the wiring.

Kot-
Make a spot Perception check as you pass the interrogation chambers.

The lights have activated in the other chamber across from the one you have been working in, most likely in conjunction with a sterilizing process that cleans the rooms after use. Within the room, you see pools of a red liquid on the floor draining down several grates. The white paneled walls are also smeared with what appears to be the same substance. Most of it has been cleared off by the ultraviolet emitters several seconds later.

Ballista
2012-07-24, 06:11 PM
Jek-
You run up to the body and confirm that there is no pulse; though his head is still oozing grey matter and ichor. He only wears a simple standard issue rec uniform consisting of a white short-sleeved shirt and a pair of black sweat pants. In his pocket you find a datapad, it's screen is completely shattered and bits of circuitry fall out as you remove it from the man's pocket.

MintyNinja
2012-07-24, 06:14 PM
Jek holsters his blaster once he's sure the man won't be getting up. <"Well... that was easy,"> he mumbled to himself in Bothese. He turns to the droid and in Basic he says, "T4, could you try the comlink again? I think the ion grenade might have been a bit overkill." He discards the datapad and instead pokes around the fried wiring that was in the man's head.

Mechanics: [roll0]
Use Computer: [roll1]
Knowledge (Tech): [roll2]

lothlirial
2012-07-24, 06:16 PM
"Hmm, they didn't tell you? The Sith had me captured. You can ask them about my purpose on this ship. They had me jumped on Manaan and next thing I know I'm waking up dizzy headed in that force cage." Soga nods towards the door. "They clearly don't trust you. Don't you ever wonder why? The Sith way is nothing but deceit and trickery, and everyone involved loses. Everyone. Can't you see how they control you, even now. Turn away from this dark path and save yourself before they turn on you."

"Anyway, I'm Soga Kortass." Soga's lips purse as he pauses, "They did tell you that, right?"

Ballista
2012-07-24, 06:21 PM
Jek-
You can see that the most of the cybernetics have managed to inegrate into the man's brain, though apart from keeping him alive, you can't tell what further purpose it may have. The cords and wires that are interfaced with his brain slither around to his back. You flip the body over and you see something particularly strange as something seems to be attached to the extent of the corpse's back. It protrudes obtrusively from under the shirt.

Down Comforter
2012-07-24, 06:43 PM
"Spare the platitudes. Who do you think trained the troopers who took you? " Just as the question leaves his mouth, Kot notices something off with the room across the hall. He pauses and glances back at the prisoner, then stands. "Stay in place prisoner," he commands before backing out of the interrogation cell and locking it behind him.

He quietly moves next to the window and looks in.

Perception to see anything unusual inside:
[roll0]
If Kot doesn't see anything inside, he will open the door and make another Perception check from the doorway.
[roll1]

Ballista
2012-07-24, 07:01 PM
Kot-
The lights have turned off at this point so you punch in the pass code in the nearby terminal, activating the fluorescent lights in the room.. The doors unlock and slide halfway open before you hear a soft crunch and the door comes to a sudden halt.
From the window, you see that the room is identical to the other except for the faint pink smears that stain the walls of the otherwise sterile room.

Down Comforter
2012-07-24, 07:14 PM
Not liking the way things were going, Kot slowly draws his sword. Every Mandalorian has a Plan B.

He activates his earbud comlink and whispers into it, "I need a tech at the cell block, I have a broken door and decon unit... send a trooper too." With that, he peers around the door, trying to find the source of the crunch.

Ballista
2012-07-24, 07:19 PM
Kot-
You hear static as you attempt to contact the local officer, maybe the prison block scrambles transmissions? Either way you doubt your request went through.
At first you thought it was simply a pile of discarded rags, hidden in the corner where the wall meets the door frame but you soon come to your senses and you realize that a corpse has been jammed between the door and the frame. Its limbs are bent at odd angles and you can see hints of bone jutting out of the joints, blood oozing from a plethora of wounds that cover the exposed flesh you see.

Down Comforter
2012-07-24, 07:24 PM
Kot's hand tenses on his blade as he examines the body and his comlink fills with static. "This is not good." He looks for some form of identification on the body, using his sword to pull it closer if needed. He doesn't much want to get locked into an interrogation cell.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-24, 09:13 PM
T4 looks on awkwardly over Jek's shoulder as he picks through the remains of the creature that moments before loomed before them.

"I told you before that I was unable to establish a connection here, I see no reason to attempt something that will all but certainly meet with failure. I believe our best course of action at this point would be to return to the bridge ourselves, and deliver the message to a superior officer in person. Not that it will be of any use... we are surely doomed either way. First though, I would like to make a more careful investigation of these cybernetics. Very curious indeed."

He wheels forward slightly to get a better look.

"Now what in the creator's name is this?"

Examining the cybernetic protrusion on the man's back.
Mechanics: taking 10, +10 = 20.
Knowledge (tech): again, taking 10, +10 = 20.

Ballista
2012-07-25, 05:41 PM
Kot-
You stab your sword through part of the corpse's remaining clothes and attempt to draw it closer to you though it simply rips a portion of the cloth off. Trying again, you stab through the soft flesh, dragging out the body from where it was wedged. The man's face could barely pass as more than a chunk of bloodied meat, someone or something was very diligent in this, carving up most of the skin and flesh surrounding the skull. You spot a singular shard of metal about 2 feet long protruding from beneath the chin.

T4-
You tear open the back of the shirt, revealing a long segmented and metallic apparatus run down the spine. Judging from the design, you deduce that this machinery allows direct contact with the spinal cord, allowing it to tap into the biological's motor and sensor functions. The function seems similar to those developed by medical departments to aid those with crippling injuries. Despite the uses of such machinery, this technology is not commonplace through the galaxy and it's unlikely the Daedalus has the equipment nor resources to install it on anyone, much less someone in such a critical state.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 05:55 PM
Seeing the metal shard, Kot crouches and pulls the body closer, trying to examine the skull and shard more closely.

Ballista
2012-07-25, 06:08 PM
Kot-
Through the blood and the gore you spot a small hole on the left side of the skull, you're almost sure the perfect circle was created by a machine. The shard is a slender piece of metal, though you can't tell what the alloy is made of you can see that it penetrated through to hit the brain.

Kot, Ovelia and Soga-
You hear a quiet hum as the lights shut down, leaving the dim red hue of the emergency lights as the sole source of illumination. The prison cells, being only a reinforced transparisteel box maglocked to secure detainees open when the doors are no longer powered.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 06:15 PM
"Definitely not good." Kot grabs the metal shard, in the off chance that he gets the opportunity to examine it later.

He stands and marches over to the room Soga is held in and gestures towards him, "Prisoner, to me. This area is not.... secure." He turns his head and looks down the short hallway to holding area, "Prisoner Ovelia. Report your status"

Major
2012-07-25, 06:36 PM
"I'm fine...just sitting in my depowered cell." She says calmly. "Remember what I said about the Current of fate?" She says slightly amused. "What do you need Mr. Grumpy?" She asks not moving from her cell till he says something.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 06:39 PM
Seeing no way into the interrogation cell, Kot looks around for some way to restart the power in area. "As he searches, he activates his comlink, "Can anyone hear me? I have experienced a loss of power in the detention block. Please send assistance."

Major
2012-07-25, 06:42 PM
An amused sounding reply from Ovelia replies, "I can hear you. Do I count?" She ask with a soft chuckle. "You know...this cell is pretty poorly designed if a simple power loss lets prisoners run free." She notes.

Ballista
2012-07-25, 06:42 PM
Kot-
The comlink only responds with static and a few jumbled words...
Shipwide...Power...Bulkheads

thechosen2nd
2012-07-25, 06:51 PM
T4 expresses his alarm by emitting a low whistle.

"Do you see this Jek? This proves my suspicions were correct all along. There is no way an individual with this kind of cybernetic equipment could be a member of the crew This equipment is extremely rare and, no doubt expensive. In other words, it appears our enemies are filthy rich, and will spare no cost in bringing us down."

"That man did not seem entirely in control of his own body. Thus, I am led to the conclusion that our enemies are capable of exercising a sort of mind control upon living organisms, and then to use these individuals to do their bidding far beyond the normal capacities of that life form."

"Have I mentioned lately how doomed we are? Ah well. I suppose we best report this incident immediately."

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 06:51 PM
Kot kicks a bulkhead, "Piece of osik ship! When I get my hands on the di'kut that built it, I will kill him myself." He moves the exit from the detention block, checking for any way to enable the power and checking on Ovelia as he passes by. "I'm not overly concerned about you, but we have a dead man down there. If I wasn't the one who killed him, something else did. Stay silent and keep your eyes watchful."

Major
2012-07-25, 06:58 PM
As her interrogator enters sight she shrugs, "So does that mean I can leave my cell without being shot or am I watching from here?" She ask calmly as she stands up. "Not worried I'm going to run away or attack you?" She ask raising an eyebrow.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 07:27 PM
"Run all you want, where do you really think you'll go? We are all locked in here together. Besides," he turns his nearly seven foot frame to her, "Do you really want to test the worth of a true Mandalorian?"

He turns back to trying to find a way out, "And stay in the box. Something is very wrong."

Major
2012-07-25, 07:34 PM
With a sigh she sits back down, "Staying in the box is fine with me. I was getting comfy..." She says leaning against the wall with a bored look on her face.

However, underneath the bored look her mind worked quickly as she decided to test the Mandalorian and have some fun with him. Ahead of the mandalorian she imagined an image of a dark monstrous figure rising out of the floor. She didn't know what men like him feared so she tried to put together the scariest thing her mind could come up with. As she focused on making the illusion appear she had it draw a large scythe and just stand there in front of the mandalorian.

Spending a force point to see how a 'true Mandalorian' reacts to this. Consider it a psychological test.
Illusion vs will defense:
UtF: [roll0]

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 07:42 PM
Seeing the "thing" rise out of the floor, Kot immediately drops back and shouts at Ovelia, "Stay in cover, human!." He pulls in blade up into a defensive posture and waits for the beast to move first.

Drop into defensive stance (fighting defensively) since he has no idea what that is.
Damn you! My poor will defense!

Major
2012-07-25, 07:46 PM
Ovelia glances around her cell as if panicing and trying to find cover. "Where?!" She ask moving to the opposite side of the cell. As she moves over she creates an another illusion on the other side of the corridor of the same type of monster, this one holding a giant axe. The first illusion merely stands, though it's head looks directly at the Mandalorian.

Spending another Force Point (I'm an idiot but this RP is too much fun to pass up on -_-).
[roll0] vs will defense

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 07:50 PM
Kot sees a second creature form on the other side of the room. Just as he is about to shift to face both creatures, it shifts and flickers. Having successfully disbelieved the illusion, he turns and strikes at the original, which flickers and wavers.

"Sith's blood, what is this?" He rounds on the force user, "Is this your doing?"

Major
2012-07-25, 07:53 PM
Ovelia looks surprised as if she had no idea, "Me? How the hell am I supposed to do that?" She ask as if offended to be accused of it.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 08:00 PM
Kot raises his sword, pointing it at her and growling, "I am not in the mood. Stay in the cell."

He resumes his search for a way out.

Major
2012-07-25, 08:02 PM
Ovelia rolls her eyes, "That's what I've BEEN doing." She comments, "Why don't you check with the other prisoner. Those Jedi guys seem creepy and weird, it's possible it was him with all those wizard mind things they do." She points out.

lothlirial
2012-07-25, 08:48 PM
"I'm not sure what those were," Soga nods at the illusions, quickly dissipating, "but it seems likely it was you. I don't know of any Jedi ever doing anything like that. Honestly though, don't you think its a bit silly messing around like that with the situation at hand. Our friendly interrogator is in the middle of realizing the truth of what I said about the Sith..." Soga trails off.

"Anyway, we should be doing something more productive. What's that thing you've got there, Sir?" Soga looks inquisitively at the object in the Mandalorian's hand.

Major
2012-07-25, 08:59 PM
OOC: Was going to edit this in now that it is cleared up where Soga is, but I don't want it missed so I'll add on with a new post...Post changed to reflect the Jedi not being near us as I believed before.

"Speaking of the Jedi...don't you find it interesting that he is nowhere around while all this is happening? He's missing, monsters start appearing, and yet I'm the first to blame..." Ovelia points out.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 09:03 PM
"Phwoar! Do you human never cease your chatter? I am swiftly losing patience." Kot turns away from them and tries to open the door leading to the outer hallway, attempting to force it if needed.

Ballista
2012-07-25, 09:07 PM
Kot-
The panel nearby the door is dim and does not seem to be powered, trapping Soga within the chamber. You hear a quiet and muffled alarm from the top of the door frame as atmosphere begins to vent from the interrogation room.

Major
2012-07-25, 09:13 PM
"Udesii..." Ovelia mumbles under her breath. The sound of an alarm gets her attention and she looks at the interrogation door. "Looks like your Jetti friend is about to get vented." She says amused.

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 09:17 PM
Kot looks up and down the dark hallway outside the block, looking for anything of interest. "<Ne baatir>"

Perception
[roll0]
Mando'a: I don't care.

MintyNinja
2012-07-25, 09:30 PM
"Alright T4, let's get to the bridge," Jek says as the body slumps back down. "I don't like the fact that we might have enemies."

OOC: Let's go to the bridge. Nothing else Jek can really add.

Major
2012-07-25, 09:37 PM
Ovelia moves from her cell and stands near the door to the interrogation chamber, glancing over her shoulder back to the Mandalorian. On one hand, she didn't want to leave anyone to die despite what she acted like, but on the other hand if she wanted to try and gather trust it wouldn't fit to go running to save someone.

"You're rather adenn (merciless) I see...Still, it seems a waste. Jetti (Jedi) are supposed to be powerful verde (warriors). Letting him die a death like that conflicts with my sense of ijaa (honor). Mind if I help him then while you keep an eye out?" She ask.

Not gonna lie I'm not the best with mando'a soooo forgive slip ups. I'm tempted to just do things like *Mando'a* and just type up whatever >.>

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 09:50 PM
Kot turns from the hallway scowling, "aruetii like the pair of you know nothing of honor. Do not pretend to do so. Back to the cell."

He paces back to the interrogation chamber, keeping an eye on the shadows, and looks at the Soga in eye. "Show me your worth. We will see if you deserve to live for the next five minutes."

Major
2012-07-25, 09:58 PM
"Says the man who feels so powerful smacking around and threatening unarmed people while being a pawn of people who twist and defile the Current." Ovelia says coldly as she moves back to her cell, *Mando'a* "Which of us is the one who really lacks honor?"*Mando'a*

lothlirial
2012-07-25, 10:01 PM
"I am a valuable ally and so is she. You need to save me."

Use the Force, Mind Trick (on bold part): [roll0]

Down Comforter
2012-07-25, 10:09 PM
Kot's hand tightens around his sword, "My honor is intact. Question it again and, I promise you, I will end your life."

He grimaces as his mind wavers, but he nods curtly and tries to gain leverage to wrench the door open.

Strength? check
[roll0]

Major
2012-07-25, 10:12 PM
Ovelia snorts, "My what difficulty you would have with that. It takes great power to cut down a defenseless person." She says crossing her arms. She seems confused at first as Kot reaches out to open the door, however it dawns on her what the Jedi did and she laughs as she watches.

Ballista
2012-07-26, 05:50 PM
Kot-
You grab at whatever seams you can find on the door, settling for where the two panels meet. Find friction, you attempt to pry the door apart and it begins to slid open slowly. Relieved at this success, you momentarily slow your efforts in order to catch a breath; in this lull, the doors slam shut again with a thud, nearly crushing your hand in the process.

Down Comforter
2012-07-26, 06:03 PM
"Assist me di'kut! I will not lose a hand in order to free you." With that, Kot tries to move the door again.

Strength
[roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-26, 06:25 PM
Kot-
With your sword in hand, you stab the blade into the seam with a satsifying krcht. Twisting the handle with all your strength, you manage to create a sizable gap between the panels. As you see this opportunity, your hands reach out and find traction against the now closing door. With a single shove, you managed to send the doors crashing sideways into their frames as the doorway stands wide open. You feel a slight breeze as oxygen rushes into the non-pressurized room.

lothlirial
2012-07-26, 06:25 PM
Soga doesn't have to be asked twice. He grabs the door and throws all his strength into pulling it apart, ready to jump through as soon as it opens.

Strength: [roll0]

Down Comforter
2012-07-26, 06:31 PM
Kot looks at the still cuffed figure before him, "Right. Now go sit in the other cell while I try to figure out what's going on."

thechosen2nd
2012-07-26, 06:35 PM
"Alright T4, let's get to the bridge," Jek says as the body slumps back down. "I don't like the fact that we might have enemies."

"Indeed. Perhaps once we get out of this area of the ship we will be able to reestablish connection with the command center."

T4 motors off towards the bridge, retrying his comlink along the way.

lothlirial
2012-07-26, 07:05 PM
Soga nods and walks to the cell. He knows there will be a time to prove himself to the Mandalorian, but now was not that time. Sitting down next to the woman, he comments, "We seem to be in quite the predicament, Mrs...." He looks inquiringly at the woman.

Major
2012-07-26, 07:09 PM
"Ovelia." She replies calmly. "And the Current guides everything. This isn't a predicament merely where it has placed us."

Ballista
2012-07-26, 07:10 PM
T4-
The comlinks begin to pick up a bit of chatter along the way, though none of it seems to be rather pertinent to your experiences, though mentions of power shifts do slip through occasionally.

T4 & Jek-
You both step into the main turbo lift that would take you to the bridge, the doors hiss shut behind you. Only seconds later, the lights along with the control panel flutter and dim as the lift stutters to a stop.

Down Comforter
2012-07-26, 07:18 PM
"You may be the most irritating prisoner I have ever dealt with." Kot calls from across the room. He shouts down the hallway, "is anyone out there?"

Ballista
2012-07-26, 07:25 PM
Kot-
The only reply you receive is silence, you swore that there were at least a guard or two posted here earlier though.

Major
2012-07-26, 07:36 PM
"I'm terribly sorry for not really carrying how annoyed you get when I can't do anything except sit here anyways." Ovelia says amused, "If I had something else to do perhaps I'd not need to speak as much. Like if you guys hadn't stolen my medical packs and prevented me from providing medical aid to people in need."

MintyNinja
2012-07-26, 07:48 PM
"Nek take it..." Jek mumbles as the lights on the lift go out. "I cannot believe our luck, T4. I'm starting to think you're doom and gloom talk may have a hint of truth to it." Jek pries open the control panel with his knife and does his utter best to at least open the doors where they were.

Knowledge (Tech): [roll2]

Ballista
2012-07-26, 07:53 PM
Jek-
From the diagnostics screen that has flashed on, you can tell that all power has been shut off in the area. Only a trickle of emergency power manages to travel to the turbo lifts, making it relatively impossible to start up without an external power source. You find an emergency release that should be able to at least unlock the doors, allowing you the possibility of escape.

MintyNinja
2012-07-26, 08:02 PM
"No power... would need an external source..." the mechanic mutters quietly to himself. He stops his work and pulls at his braided beard for a moment trying to think of a way out of this situation. He glances at T4 and an idea comes to mind, but he quickly dismisses it. Seeing no other alternative, he then presses the emergency release to unlock the doors. "I hope this works," Jek says as he tries his utter best to pry the doors open.

Strength: [roll0] + Force Point [roll1]

Edit: well, that was a waste.

Ballista
2012-07-26, 08:05 PM
Jek-
The massive durasteel doors do not heed your attempts to open them, you're unable to find a secure grasp on the seam and almost fall on your back when you exerted to much force.

MintyNinja
2012-07-26, 08:08 PM
"T4, I hope you can open these doors. Because if not, then I'm down to my last idea and you're not gonna like that one," Jek says to the droid as he rubs his sore back.

lothlirial
2012-07-26, 08:15 PM
"Nice to meet you Ovelia, my name is Soga Kortass, and as you've seemingly already discovered, I'm a jedi."

Soga ponders for a moment.

"Hmm... Ovelia, they're probably keeping our stuff around here, in this cell block. It's probably not a good idea to sit around unequipped at a time like this. Let's go take a look. We're certainly much more likely to be fated by the Current to die if we just sit here with nothing to defend ourselves while who knows what goes on in the rest of the ship than if we do something productive."

Soga stands and begins walking out of the cell, but then hesitates. Turning to the Mandalorian, he remarks, "You don't mind, do you?"

Ballista
2012-07-26, 08:31 PM
Ovelia & Soga-
You hear a muffled thump coming from deeper down the deck.

(In other words, it's coming from down the hall)

Down Comforter
2012-07-26, 09:03 PM
"The prisoners want to have access to their equipment. Of course I mind." He grunts. "If you must do something, keep an eye on this hallway. The irritating woman can stay in the cell."

He looks up and down the hallway, "Be wary. Something is off."

Major
2012-07-26, 09:06 PM
"If you really want your stuff just do that mind thing on him you did already..." Ovelia whispers to the Jedi. Before she can add anything else however she stops and turns her head towards where she head the thump, "You hear that?" She ask calmly. "Something is coming from deeper in the deck."

lothlirial
2012-07-26, 09:19 PM
"You're kidding, right? You need to help us get our equipment." Soga sighs. I hate having to do that to someone just trying to do his duty. I'll have to let him know what I did and apologize later if I get the chance.

Use the Force: [roll0]

Major
2012-07-26, 09:38 PM
Ovelia chuckles amused, "I think you're going to be my best friend. You gotta teach me to do that."

Down Comforter
2012-07-27, 04:49 PM
A look of profound turmoil flashes over Kot's face before suddenly going slack. "Go on ahead, I won't stop you."

He seems to come to his senses again and asks, "Teach you how to do what? What happened?"

lothlirial
2012-07-27, 04:54 PM
"Nothing. Didn't you hear that thump?"

Soga runs around the detention block looking for their equipment.

"Help me search, Olivia. We haven't got much time."

Perception (Search): [roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-27, 05:00 PM
Soga-
You don't seem to be able to find any of your personal effects in the room nor the hallway you are currently in. Though you do spot the chemicals from the room you were locked in...

Down Comforter
2012-07-27, 05:00 PM
"I hear nothing, stop distracting me with your babble, di'kut." He flexes his hands, missing the weight of his rifle. He murmurs to himself, "When this is done, I will give them both to the Sith gladly"

thechosen2nd
2012-07-27, 05:59 PM
"Well, I doubt this will work, but I suppose it's worth a try..."

T4 grabs a crowbar out of his toolkit, and stabs it at the crack between the door and the wall, trying to pry it open.

Strength check: [roll0]

[OOC: or the closest thing he can find in his tool kit to a crowbar]

Edit: lol. 3. just what we needed.

Major
2012-07-27, 06:15 PM
Ovelia shrugs and starts looking for her things as well, being quiet for now. She didn't have much and she doubted she'd be able to carry her things easily without taking out the stretcher. Still she chose not to mention that.

A part of her wished she knew what the Jedi's equipment looked like to make an illusion of it, but sadly she didn't know and couldn't test his mind.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-27, 06:27 PM
"As I expected... Completely pointless."

T4 scoots back from the door, heaves a sigh [ooh, that was a good one] and re-evaluates the situation.

Perception check: take 10, +8 = 18.
Looking for a hinge I could break or weld through, emergency exit roof panel we could take off, etc...

Ballista
2012-07-28, 10:06 AM
Ovelia-
Though you find nothing of value in your current hall, you peer into the doorway leading to the next room. Through the relative darkness, you can see several panels along the wall.

T4-
The crowbar sinks easily into the seam of the doors; though as you push on the handle, it refuses to budge. In the end, you give up before your actuators snap in half. The crowbar is firmly wedged into the door now and will be difficult to remove.
You see an access panel on the roof which you should be able to breach... if it wasn't about 15 feet above you. The turbolift gates do not possess hinges and will not be breached through sheer physical strength.

lothlirial
2012-07-28, 10:46 AM
Soga, not having any luck searching, calls to Ovelia, "I can't find our stuff around here. Found anything over there, Ovelia?"

MintyNinja
2012-07-28, 01:34 PM
"Right, well here's my idea, and remember, I said you won't like it," Jek says as T4 gives up. "If we can connect you to the control panel, maybe you could interface with the doors and lend enough power to open them. There are some risks, but they're all on you. What do you say?" He's leaning against a corner of the lift, trying to stay calm. There have been a few bad situations in the past, but normally he knew what he was up against. This was different. This was tense.

Major
2012-07-28, 03:14 PM
Ovelia points at the panels while staying in the room. "I think your lightsaber is over there." She states not wanting to go out in the dark hall first.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-28, 07:37 PM
"You were right... I don't like it. Although it's beginning to look as though it might come to that. However, before I allow you to dive elbow deep into my inner workings and hook me up to some blinking door, I hope you don't mind if I make one final check to make sure that it is our only option. I'm sure you wouldn't volunteer for open heart surgery in a malfunctioning elevator without thoroughly exploring every other alternative. For example, perhaps a few power packs for a blaster would provide sufficient power to open the door, if we could jury-rig up a way to tap into the power safely. Or maybe my electroshock probe could deliver a brief power surge to open the door. Although I doubt either option will work..."

T4 connects his scomp link to the elevator's access panel to try to hack into the ship's computer and increase power to the door. [If that is at all possible. I figure if R2D2 can shut down a trash compactor from the other side of the death star, this should be doable.]

Also, take 10 +10= 20 on knowledge checks to see if either of those ideas might work/ how to potentially go about them.

lothlirial
2012-07-28, 09:12 PM
"Alright." Soga walks over to the panels and begins sliding them open, one at a time. While doing this he listens carefully for any more sounds around the ship.

Perception (Listening) if necessary: [roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-28, 10:37 PM
T4-
Your scomp link fits easily into the maintenance port and you rotate it in an attempt to access the computer mainframe. You don't seem to be getting any response though, it seems that the network has locked down completely. The entire ship wide network has restricted access to all energy control and it seems doubtful you would have the ability to penetrate its defenses.
Retracting the probe, your processors whir a bit before you seem to recall a piece of information regarding turbolifts. The doors are deceptively thin, only several centimeters thick; perhaps an arcwelder could cut through.

Soga-
You hear a murmuring, but you can't discern what was said, though you can tell it was coming from the far away.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-28, 11:04 PM
After some deliberation and muttering, T4 pulls his scomp link back and slouches dejectedly.

"Well, I can't pretend I didn't see that one coming. I have another idea though: I bet we could get through this door with arc welders. If you have one, you can start on one side, and I'll start over here. It may take a while, but we should be able to cut through this door eventually."

Taking 10+10=20 on mechanics check if necessary.

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 05:28 AM
"Yeah, that sounds better than my idea," Jek conceded. "I'll take this side." He pulled his arc welder from his tool kit and started on the left, making sure to burn a hole tall enough for him to climb through.

Mechanics: [roll0] If needed.

Ballista
2012-07-29, 12:29 PM
Jek & T4-
The arc welders cut easily through the elevator door, you create an outline of a 5 foot by 5 foot square that will act as your escape. The metal you cut around sits precariously on the frame you have made and will fall out with the slightest push, though you know this would create a rather ruckus and will probably attract unwanted attention.

Soga-
Behind the panels are several locker doors. As you attempt to slide the handle to open it, your hand catches as the handle refuses to budge any further. The locker is sealed shut. You try this with the other two remaining panels, all yield the same result.

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 01:01 PM
Once a portal has been made, Jek draws his blaster and kicks the panels away. He jumps through the hole and immediately moves left as stealthily as possible. He couldn't stand to be trapped in that lift for any longer and he hoped T4 wouldn't get hurt for his rash actions.

Stealth: [roll0]

lothlirial
2012-07-29, 01:05 PM
"Looks like this may be our stuff," Soga shouts back at Ovelia. Turning to the Mandalorian, he asks, "Sir, would you please assist us in opening these lockboxes? Perhaps you have a blaster on hand?"

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 01:57 PM
"I have no weapon on me aside from my beskad. My weapon remains in my quarters, as this degree of... frustration, was not anticipated." The Taung glances up and down the dark hallway, missing his helmet and weapon, "If they are sealed like the rooms, we may be able to force them." He moves to the first locker, "On my signal, push as I pull.... now."

Strength check to force the locker
[roll0]

lothlirial
2012-07-29, 02:23 PM
Soga grunts as he throws his body into pushing where instructed.

[roll0]

Ballista
2012-07-29, 02:35 PM
Kot & Soga-
The locker doors doesn't seem to open, you can see that it warps as you pull on the door but it refuses to break. In one final attempt, Soga yanks on the handle and the lock gives, throwing the jedi on his back.

Jek-
The chunk of durasteel pops out from the frame and falls outward into the adjacent room with a thunderous Thud. You jump out from the turbolift, tumbling to the left, adopting a crouched stance as you blend into the shadows of the dimly lit room

Kot, Ovelia & Soga-
You here a crash from down the hallway, the opposite direction of the interrogation rooms.

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 02:51 PM
"Grab your things and get into the room. There is something out there." Kot whispers quickly. He slinks against into the darkness and watches in the direction of the crash, blade ready.

Stealth:
[roll0]

Major
2012-07-29, 03:15 PM
Ovelia looks in the locker and grabs her belt, stun pistol, medisensor, and medpacs. As she attaches her belt she glances at the medical kit and reluctantly picked up the surgery kit with a grunt, "Those are a bit heavy for me and I usually roll them around on the gurney, but not sure that's the best idea with what's going on. So...unless someone wants to carry the medical kit I recommend nobody need medical treatment more than a medpac can administer." She said struggling with carrying the surgery kit.

She turns and follows the mandalorian trying to move stealthily with him without waiting for a reply. If someone could carry it cool, if not well she'd just have to leave it.

Forgot roll, see ooc

lothlirial
2012-07-29, 03:30 PM
Soga grabs his equipment from the locker. Hastily, he throws on his garments, thankful that most of his equipment was left in the pockets of his ventvest. He slides on his holsters, placing the blaster into its holster.

Finally, Soga grasps his lightsaber hilt and a certain warmth passes over him as he feels his identity restored. He powers it on and slices open the remaining lockers, careful not to damage the contents inside.

Nodding towards Ovelia, "Your equipment, Ma'am," Soga walks quietly over to stand by the Mandalorian. "We're in this together," he whispers.

I need to refresh the page before i decide to write a post! Sorry Major.

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 03:47 PM
Kot grits his teeth and whispers, "No, we are very much not. Get back inside with that glowstick and the woman."

lothlirial
2012-07-29, 04:04 PM
"If you truly feel that way, I will. But when that thing attacks, do not expect me to leave you alone to fight it."

Soga walks over to Ovelia, "He is stubborn, but he will likely need our help when whatever is making those noises arrives. Perhaps then we can earn his respect and trust."

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 04:10 PM
Kot stands and shouts at Soga "For the love of all is holy, do you not understand the concept of stealth?! I am done!" He lifts his hands to his face and shouts towards where the noise came from. "Please, whatever you are, come down here and kill the idiot with the lightsaber and rid the universe of his stupidity."

With that, he glares once more at Soga and walks back into the cell block.

lothlirial
2012-07-29, 04:31 PM
Soga scratches his head. I'm clearly not doing a very good job of this. I wish Regis were here to help me now; surely he'd know what to do.

Soga sighs. There is still something out there, he thinks. The Mandalorian will have to wait. He scans the room in front of him and listens carefully, not wanting to be unprepared for the the attacker, and rests his finger on the power button of his lightsaber, ready to turn it on at the slightest disturbance.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-29, 04:47 PM
T4 silently maneuvers himself into the room, staying behind Jek as he surveys the area.

Perception: [roll1]
T4 has darkvision

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 04:56 PM
The Bothan mechanic gestures to the droid to keep close, but silent as he moves further along the wall. As T4 follows him, Jek silently looks around the shadows, his blaster out and ready.

Ballista
2012-07-29, 05:15 PM
T4 & Jek-
The two of you step into an area that seems to be sunken into the floor, from what you can see, there are two other turbolifts, one to the left as well as another to the right.
You walk slowly away from turbolift and climb the short set of stairs leading to a higher platform. The raised floor slits into two separate halls, you travel down the left most corridor slowly and stealthily, listening for an abnormalities and searching for motion. You both hear a distinct chatter from further down the hall as well as a brief flash of green light.

T4-
You see a man standing further down the hall as well as another humanoid walking across the hall to the right, away from the other person.

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 05:42 PM
Green... What could that possibly be?! Jek thinks to himself as he stops moving. He ponders a bit about his situation: first the power fluctuates while he's in a remote area of the ship, then some sort of half dead cyborg shows up and is dealt with, and then the power is cut once he got in the turbo lift. It looked like the Daedalus is under attack, but from a stealth team of some sort.

He risks a whisper to T4, the closest thing to an ally he had on this massive death trap, "Seems like we have company. I don't know if we can reach the bridge from here and I really think it's past time we get off this ship. We should deal with these sleemo first, then look for an unoccupied hangar. You with me?"

thechosen2nd
2012-07-29, 06:07 PM
T4 is happy to interpret Jek's desire to leave the ship as an override of his programmed priority to report the sabotage to the boss. After all, Jek is in the employ of the Sith, so T4 to some extent must do what Jek says.

T4 lowers his vocabulator to the minimum audible level for Jek and responds:
"Indeed, I would very much like to evacuate this stupid hunk of metal. Although we have no reason to assume that these creatures in front of us are hostile to us, given my luck, it is almost a given. Using my superior eyesight in the dim light compared to your species, I can see two humanoid individuals at the end of the hall, one walking away to the right. It doesn't appear they have spotted us yet. How do you wish to proceed?"

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 06:16 PM
"Hmm... I'm not sure," Jek whispers as he takes a moment to think. "Let's avoid them for now. We have no idea where we are, so let's keep going this way a bit longer. Once we know where we are in the ship, we'll have a better idea of who we're with." With that Jek continues along the left most hallway.

OOC: I assume our Stealth rolls are still valid, right?

Major
2012-07-29, 06:24 PM
Ovelia is quiet and doesn't respond as the Jedi and the Mandalorian have their disagreements. An amused smile crosses her face at the the shout about killing the Jedi, but doesn't say anything as she is trying to be stealthy.

She glances down when the sound was coming from to see if she spots anything while she remains in hiding grateful that the Current had gifted her such skill at illusions and stealth as opposed to the weird powers that the Jedi and Sith used.

Edit: Wow...two 20s in a row O.o

Ballista
2012-07-29, 06:43 PM
Ovelia-
From behind you in the opposite hallway, you can see two silhouettes skulking forward. One seems to be short and squat, the other takes a more humanoid appearance; both are slowly approaching the door that connects the prison block to said hallway.

Major
2012-07-29, 06:47 PM
Ovelia taps Kot and points out the figures making sure not to speak.

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 06:55 PM
Kot blinks in surprise as a hand reaches out of the darkness and taps him. He motions the hand to stay hidden.

With the opportunity for stealth for himself gone, he moves into the center of the hallway, makes himself as large as possible, and bellows down the hallway. "And who is skulking about in my hallway?"

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 07:04 PM
The large soldier gave Jek a fright, but he was certain he wasn't spotted. Okay, round two, he thinks as he fires at the armored Mandalorian.

Standard Action: AC [roll0], [roll1] Energy Damage. Dastardly Strike in effect IF Ballista agrees that Kot can't actually see Jek. IF not, it's not in effect.

You may be an officer, but at this point, Jek's freaked the hell out :smalltongue:.

Seeing that he missed, Jek calls out, "That was a warning shot. Identify yourself or the rest of my team will open fire."

Ballista
2012-07-29, 07:09 PM
The shot flies easily out of the blaster barrel and across the hallway, aimed at the man standing in the way. The red bolt of plasma glides harmlessly past its intended target and strikes the bulkhead behind him.

Major
2012-07-29, 07:13 PM
Ovelia quickly ducks behind things and draws the stun pistol remaining hidden, but keeping it ready in case she got seen. She hated fighting and would rather be here to provide medical attention, but she reluctantly held the weapon in case she needed it.

As she stood in the shadows, her hands shook a bit as she gripped the weapon. She hated guns and the feeling of it in her hand was causing it to waver a bit.

Remaining hidden she glances behind her. If her party got hurt she'd have a hard time dragging the medical kit back this way to heal them.

Ovelia softly whispers, "It's a bluff...I see two. Him and some small stubby thing. Probably a droid."

Move Action: Draw weapon
Standard: Nothing
Swift: Nothing

Question: How far are we from where my medical kit was left?

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 07:17 PM
"I have your identification right here, hut'uun. Come taste the edge of my beskad!" Kot jeers as he thumps his chest with the fist holding his blade. He raises his blade and prepares for an attack.

Fighting defensively for another +2/+5 to Reflex (+5 if I don't do anything but defend)

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 07:26 PM
Dammit dammit DAMMIT! Why did we have to be attacked by Manda... wait... thinks Jek as pieces begin to come together. "Hey, Mando! You're not a sneaky guy, right?" Jek says as he steps to the side, a little away from T4. "So the attacks on the ship probably aren't because of you. My name is Drey'lorsk, Jek Drey'lorsk. I'm just a damn mechanic!" He steps closer to the soldier, his blaster hidden away in it's holster. "I guess this makes you my superior officer, sir."

OOC: :smallbiggrin: If you can't beat them, make them feel like crap if they beat you.

Major
2012-07-29, 07:27 PM
Ovelia mumbles so she can't be heard down the hall, "Pretty sneaky mechanic...Barely saw him and he fired from the shadows."

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 07:32 PM
Kot straightens, "and your first thought when wandering the ship, a ship crewed entirely by soldiers and mercenaries, was that the first person you found in your wanderings must be a hostile." Kot lowers his weapon slightly, "I thought Bothan's were supposed to be intelligent. How have you not been spaced yet?"

Major
2012-07-29, 07:35 PM
"I'll remain out of sight in case they try and pull something...he doesn't seem to know I'm here." Ovelia says softly.

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 07:38 PM
"Last guy I saw tried to kill us," Jek says. "When we were working on the hyperdrive. Considering the recent disappearances, fluctuating power, and inability to contact anyone on a comlink, I made the decision to shoot first ask later." Jek comes another couple steps closer, hands raised in placation. T4 mentioned there were two of them, he thinks. "So, we know you've got another friend running around. If the droid comes out of hiding then your friend follows suit, fair?" Jek then waves T4 over. There wasn't any real way they could outfight the soldier so they might as well talk their way into his group.

Major
2012-07-29, 07:39 PM
Ovelia glances over at the Jedi. "I sure wasn't seen..." She whispers not moving out of the shadows.

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 07:44 PM
"I know there are only two of you now, thank you for that. However, that's not how this works. If the both of you come into the light and give me some ID, my noble-hearted self and the rest," he gestures around him, "will not have to have to end your existence."

"I am reasonable, yes?"

thechosen2nd
2012-07-29, 07:49 PM
T4 wheels his way into the open.

"I am T4, technical repair robot assigned to the Daedalus recently. I can assure you the validity of Jek's statements, though I don't expect you will believe me. We were just on the way to report to our commanding officer when the turbo lift malfunctioned due to power loss... I don't suppose you could inform us of where we are on the ship, exactly?"

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 07:51 PM
As T4 came out and asked his question, Jek smiles. "I don't mind telling you there's only two of us," he says. "I'm pretty damn certain you're not the cause of these issues." He slowly reaches into his pocket and retrieves his Datapad. "Mechanic ID's on this. If you have access to a computer while the power's out then I'll be impressed. But until you do, you'll have to take my word that it's valid." He holds it out towards the soldier but doesn't move any closer. T4 said there was only two, and if the Mandolorian tried to bluff him about hidden soldiers then that meant he didn't trust them yet.

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 07:51 PM
Kot grunts, "Detention block."

thechosen2nd
2012-07-29, 08:23 PM
"...the detention block? How unfortunate. I don't believe I've ever even been to this part of the ship before. I don't suppose you would happen to know an alternative way to get from here to the main bridge aside from the turbo lifts, would you?

"Oh yes, as for identification: As you may or may not be able to see from where you stand, I am clearly branded with the Sith insignia here on my side. Besides, even if I were an enemy of the Sith, I pose no threat to you. I am programmed to not hurt biological life forms unless my existence depends upon it, and a burly biological being like yourself could most likely turn me into scrap metal with one swipe of that fearsome blade of yours anyways."

Down Comforter
2012-07-29, 08:29 PM
That is a... valid point." Kot lowers his weapon. "I have been down here with others since we lost power. We have lost all communication with the rest of the ship."

MintyNinja
2012-07-29, 08:34 PM
Seeing the soldier lower his weapon Jek let's out a breath he didn't know he was holding. He lowered his arms and asks, "Now that we're all on the same page, how about you call your 'others' out here and we try to either find out what's going on, or get the Nek out of here."

lothlirial
2012-07-30, 11:12 AM
Soga puts his lightsaber in its holster and walks out of his hiding place.

"Here I am. You seem to be telling the truth, and you're definitely not sith, so you must be in the same boat as we are. As I sense no evil in you, I would gladly accept your offer to group up. I'm sure Ovelia and my good friend the Mandalorian will do the same; they are sensible people. However, I must warn you, Ovelia and I were prior to this hour prisoners, before the power outage was kind enough to free us."

"come over here and we can draw up a plan to escape," Soga smiles a genuine smile.

Down Comforter
2012-07-30, 11:46 AM
"Ignore that one, I've tried to. They are going back to their cells as soon as the power is back on." He gestures towards the detention block before grabbing Soga by the cuff of his neck and pulling him in behind him, "Help me get the power back on and we can get them secured."

MintyNinja
2012-07-30, 12:10 PM
"I may not be Sith, specifically, but I am in their employ for the time being," Jek says to the young man in robes. He was curious as to why such a youth was a prisoner, but he felt it was wiser to not ask the Taung to many questions. But Jek had never been very wise, "So, Mandalorian, where exactly do your loyalties lie if we can't get the power back on? Say, for instance, all the disappearances lead up to today, would you be of the self-preservation persuasion?" Jek has now fully relaxed and walked closer to the young newcomer. He puts his furry hand on the boy's shoulder and asks, "And what of the other prisoner? Ovelia, did you say? Would she really be of a mind to become a prisoner again?" He looks back to T4, garnering some form of courage from the short droid before continuing. "What if we five were to perchance upon an uninhabited hangar, and just so happen to take a ship and find ourselves far gone from this Sith-cursed bucket?"

Not gonna roll a Persuasion because we're all PCs here and we can argue it out with RP and words :smallbiggrin:

Down Comforter
2012-07-30, 12:43 PM
Kot stops and looks back at the Bothan. He keeps a hand on Soga but casually wrests a hand on his sheathed sword. "Of the self-preservation persuasion? Of course. But I have my honor to consider as well as profitable employment training and leading the men aboard this vessel. I have no cause to leave and even more cause to... question... those who would consider looting and desertion at a time of crisis."

Kot looks Jek straight in the eye, "I have no cares as to what the prisoners desire and I will not suffer any talk of desertion by a hut'uunla mechanic who seeks to flee honorable work at the first sign of trouble."

Mandolorian: Hut'uunla - Cowardly

lothlirial
2012-07-30, 01:02 PM
Soga turns to Kot, "I admire your desire not to abandon your duty. Unfortunately, your duty seems to be at odds with the intentions of the remainder of our group. Being that there is only one of you, however, you will not be able to stop the four of us from making our way off this ship, or at least trying to. Please reconsider your decision to detain us in light of that fact, or we will be forced to make our way without you."

Major
2012-07-30, 02:18 PM
Ovelia remains in the shadows amused as she listens to the group. She wanted to come out and talk, but she was amused by the fact that they had heard of this 'Ovelia' but could not see her.

Ballista
2012-07-30, 02:21 PM
Ovelia, T4 & Soga-
You hear a soft tapping sound, like metal upon metal. Though quiet as well as slow at first, the sound grows increasingly louder and more rapid. From down the hall, you see several humanoid silhouettes barrel around the corner before stopping still. The newcomers don't indicate that they have spotted you.

Soga-
You notice that these three men seem exhausted as they look as if they stopped to catch their breathes. One is holding something in the shape of a blaster.

thechosen2nd
2012-07-30, 04:54 PM
T4 blinks in the direction of the newcomers, and says quietly:

"Oh dear. As much as I am enjoying discussing this apparent moral dilemma, it would appear we have company. I certainly hope those humanoids down there aren't more zombie-cyborg-like creatures like the last thing we encountered.
By the way, I believe I have already made Jek aware of our predicament, but for the rest of you, I suppose I should mention that my analyses of the recent happenings on this ship lead me to the conclusion that we are all utterly doomed. I recommend you all give up hope now: it will save you the let down later when the inevitable happens."

Major
2012-07-30, 05:19 PM
Ovelia barely holds back a snort at the droid's comment not wanting to give her location away. She intentionally doesn't mention the figures and decides to let the big bad tough mandalorian and cowardly mechanic find things on their own. She was content to just chill in the shadows and not say anything.

Down Comforter
2012-07-30, 05:26 PM
"Well aren't you a bright spot in the galaxy." Kot looks in the direction the droid seems to be looking in, not really seeing anything. He tries to make something out and shouts down the hallway, "You there! We could use assistance!"

Perception check
[roll0]

MintyNinja
2012-07-30, 05:59 PM
Jek looks toward where T4 has indicated and tries to determine whether or not these three have exposed brains or expensive cybernetics.

lothlirial
2012-07-30, 07:35 PM
Soga puts his hand on his lightsaber hilt. "Careful, they have blasters out," he says in a hushed voice. As well as he can, Soga monitors them for signs of hostility.

[roll0]

Major
2012-07-30, 07:59 PM
Ovelia glances over and looks the figures up quickly. She didn't think they saw her so that was a good sign, then again it seemed nobody did and she was ok with that. Still, it would be good to check if they were hostile or injured.

So I roll two 20s in a row and now a 1 :P

Guess I was distracted with how cool I was being stealthed that I failed my perception.

Ballista
2012-07-30, 08:18 PM
Paranoid People-
They seem to be of a normal, biological structure. But from this distance and level of light, they could be mynocks from what you can see.

The men straighten up as Kot yells out to them, the one with the blaster out quickly straightens up, aiming the barrel of his weapon at the Mandalorian.
[Basic] "Identify yourselves!"
With this gesture, the remaining two men draw something from their sides. They make the same motions as the first, aiming what appear to be pistols at Kot.

Major
2012-07-30, 08:25 PM
Ovelia slowly starts moving to get closer to the figures while remaining in the shadows.

MintyNinja
2012-07-30, 08:27 PM
Jek raises his hands in a placating manor while gesturing Kot to take the lead, "It's your show, sir."

OOC: I can draw and fire pretty quickly, so this may not be such a bust.

Ballista
2012-07-30, 08:31 PM
Ovelia-
The men become a bit clearer as you approach them, you see that they are all human or at least near-human. From their rather muscular bodies and neatly shaved heads, you come to believe them to be soldiers of some sort. They fail to acknowledge your presence as they keep their sights down-range at Kot.

Down Comforter
2012-07-30, 08:32 PM
Kot sticks his hands on his hips, "This is staff sergeant Kot Ha'rang. Who you are aiming weapons at. Identify yourself."

Ballista
2012-07-30, 08:45 PM
The leftmost of the group drops his arms for a second and whispers something to the man who first reacted. Both the two figures drop their aim.
That same man yells, "Hell Sarge, you scared the frack out of us!"
The one farthest to the right hesitates to do the same as his companions, his pistol is still trained at the Mandalorian.

Kot-
His voice is familiar to you, he was one of the better soldiers under your command. Though you fail at remembering his first name, you do recall his surname to be L'kath, and a fair skinned human face.

Major
2012-07-30, 08:45 PM
Ovelia calmly looks over each person before waiting on their answer. She'd go tell Kot if their answer wasn't satisfactory.

Down Comforter
2012-07-30, 08:51 PM
The first grin that Kot has shown in a while appears before quickly vanishing once more. "Su'cuy gar L'kath! Get your scrawny ass over here before you shoot yourself in the foot! Why the hell are you running about like a trio of drunken bantha?"

Mandalorian: Su'cuy gar! - Hello/so you're still alive (this is why I like Mando'a)

Ballista
2012-07-30, 10:24 PM
L'kath motions to his friends to holster their weapons as he slides his own blaster easily back into his belt. The one who hesitated earlier simply holds the pistol at his side, whilst the other shoves it in his own holder. L'Kath walks at a brisk pace across the hall, flanked by the other two, you notice that he keeps giving sideways glances at the walls and the ceiling.
Sarge, the damn ship's gone completely black, me and Ben over here were on the way to the bar when the damn lift jammed up and all the lights went out.
He motions to the incredibly burly man to his left wearing a pair of greasy overrals and a pair of goggles over his forehead who gives a slight nod as well as a soft grunt.
We met Kelras over here on the lift when we were heading down.
You assume he's talking about the man to his left, his face and body is rather well hidden under a black cloak.
We stuck together and blasted our way out of the lift after Kelras started the thing back up to get us up a few levels. What the hell are you doing out here anyway? Umm... sir.

MintyNinja
2012-07-30, 10:30 PM
As the situation defuses Jek lowers his hands and crosses his arms. His right hand was right next to his concealed holster and so far nobody seemed to question where he hid the blaster. It'd still be a surprise if it needs to be, he thinks to himself. And didn't that kid say there was an Ovelia here? Haven't seen her yet. Could be anywhere.

He steps back a few steps away from the Miraluka, who he just noticed was not a human, and only stops when next to T4. He doesn't speak until spoken to, preferring for Kot to handle the current situation.

Down Comforter
2012-07-30, 10:48 PM
Kot nods towards Soga. "Interrogation duty. Cells released and comms blacked out at the same time we lost power. Not been willing to leave until the mechanic and his droid here came from that way," he points in the opposite direction of the grunts. "The droid says they were attacked by something. Also, that we're doomed, but it seems to have a rather bleak outlook."

He looks over at Kelras, "I don't recognize you, grunt. Where are you stationed?"

Ballista
2012-07-31, 06:22 PM
Kot-
The man hidden under the hood doesn't speak at first, though he makes enough motion with to indicate that he seems to be staring at you from beneath his shadowy cloak. Eventually he speaks out, his voice is calm but forceful:
"Office of Intelligence, though you should not be one to speak out of turn mando."

Down Comforter
2012-07-31, 07:27 PM
Kot scowls, "Until I know otherwise, I am the ranking officer remaining on this ship and will remain so until contacted by a superior." He looks the cloaked man up and down, "Given that I wasn't even aware we had an Agent aboard, I would like some ID."

Ballista
2012-07-31, 08:07 PM
"Yes, ask for identification whilst the ship is under a state of emergency, while the primary generators are currently down and while the contingency cores are dying slowly along with what little atmosphere is left on this husk. Now, more pressing matters remain... Have any of you the slightest smidgen of information regarding this blackout?"
The hooded man's face turns slowly to each of you, his eyes and face are impercievable, though he obviously can see clearly.

Down Comforter
2012-07-31, 08:15 PM
Kot grunts, "A deflection. If things are as bad as you say, then I'll need my gear." He looks to L'kath, You and your friend keep this lot under control. My quarters are a minute away. I'll be back in two. Com freq 122.6." With that, he turns and walks away, heading to his quarters. Once he's out of sight of the group, he moves into a run, his training easily compensating for the switch.

MintyNinja
2012-07-31, 08:43 PM
Jek looks to the Agent and careful not to divulge his name, he says, "The Droid and I were repairing the hyperdrive. We had found significant evidence of sabotage and when we tried to report in the comms were down." Jek tries to keep his story as bare bones as possible while he considers the new information about remaining atmosphere. "We were then attacked by a half-mad human that had half his head missing. I know, it sounds crazy, but I think the machine that was wired into his spine is what kept him moving. We tried to reach the bridge so as to report in person, but the turbo lift got stopped on this deck and we ran into this group."

lothlirial
2012-07-31, 09:04 PM
The intelligence agent makes Soga feel uneasy. He has the feeling this may be a sith... or even another Miraluka. Glad for his obscuring hood and silk band, as well as the attention being focused elsewhere, Soga reaches out to the force, searching for disruptions.

Use the Force (Sense other force users): [roll0]

Major
2012-07-31, 09:33 PM
Ovelia looks at the man claiming to be an agent and moves to the side to see if he noticed her. Of everyone he seemed to be the most perceptive, though she was confident and wanted to test. Finally she slips out of the shadows slowly and with her hands raised to not get shot.

"If these problems exist I'm going to recommend we get my medical kit...it's a bit heavy can any of you carry it?" She ask calmly, "And I'm Ovelia, one of the prisoners."

Down Comforter
2012-08-02, 03:52 PM
Reaching his quarters, Kot pulls open the unpowered and unlocked door and retrieves his rifle from its case. He slides his bandolier across his chest and locks his helmet in place. With a beep the life support system engages and his vision adjusts to the low light. Satisfied, he sheathes his sword and begins his jog back to the group.

thechosen2nd
2012-08-02, 06:07 PM
"Unfortunately, I cannot contribute any information as to the cause of the power outages, only than that I am confident that it is a sign of our impending doom. Your news about the dying contingency cores and loss of atmosphere seems to support my conclusion."

Ballista
2012-08-03, 03:57 PM
Soga-
You feel the presence of an overwhelming number of force users surrounding you, the ship must in fact be filled to the brim with Sith. You concentrate harder, focusing on your immediate surrounding; though when you believe yourself to have calibrated your search to the group, you find a distinct lack of force users.

Ovelia-
The large man in the dirty overrals approaches you slowly, reaching out an open hand as if accepting your request.
"The name's Ben, you probably figured it out eh? I'll be happy to take the weight off your shoulders little lady."

Jek-
The man you know as Kelras look at you, his void that is his hooded face seems to stare for a few seconds before his voice speaks again.
"The sabotage I can believe, the Sith Empire has its enemies; though that last part, some cyborg? That is a tad more interesting than what I had thought. None the less, perhaps we should search for a proverbial higher ground? The bridge seems like an obvious place for others aboard to congregate, we should travel there."

Major
2012-08-03, 04:04 PM
OOC: I trust we can assume this happens while Kot is getting his stuff?

Ovelia smiles sweetly at Ben, "Thank you, you're a major help. I'll make sure to put you first on the list of people to heal in case of injury." She says nodding towards the cell area, "I was only able to carry the surgery kit, the medical kit is back in the locker." She says, "I'll show you." She says before turning to go back to where she left the medical kit.

MintyNinja
2012-08-03, 05:50 PM
"The bridge seems like a great place to go, except for two issues: One, those two were prisoners up until moments ago," Jek says while indicating the young Miralukan and the human medic. "And two, there's no power in the turbo lifts, otherwise we'd already have been on the bridge." Jek regards the Agent as calmly as he can. These were the kind of people that his friend in the SpyNet went up against; he was no simple guard. "Unless, of course, a situation like this warrants the conditional release of useful prisoners and you already know another way to the bridge. Then all our problems are solved and we just have to wait for the big Taung to get back here with his gear."

Ballista
2012-08-04, 08:47 PM
Ben follows Ovelia to her belongings, stumbling as he approaches the panels. L'kath shoots the man a quick piercing glance before he walks towards a bulkhead, and rests his back on the steel. Suddenly everyone can here a short grunt coming from the direction of Ben as well as a loud thump as he falls to the ground.
"Blast it, I can't see sithspit on this accursed ship..."

Jek-
Kelras' voice slips seamlessly out once more;
"Aye, the power loss is a setback, though there are ways to circumvent it. A mechanic such as yourself should know that there is an endless amount of solutions to this problem. But we shall wait for the Mandalorian to return."
He inches towards Jek, his hidden face only inches away from the Bothan's
"As for the prisoners, they're possibly more useful than most of the staff on this wretched ship. Escorting them would be icing on the cake, an added bonus so to say... I'm sure Revan will squeeze something of use out of them, and I expect the Sith would be most grateful for such."

Down Comforter
2012-08-04, 09:14 PM
As Kelras finishes speaking, the Mandalorian moves into view, remarkably quiet for someone almost seven feet tall and armored. "I am prepared. Let's be done with this and get moving."

Kot pauses, as if thinking, before turning to the agent, "It may be worth mentioning that I found a dead man in the unused interrogation cell. He had this in him." He pulls the metal rod out of his bag and holds it where Kelras can see. "Do you recognize it?"

MintyNinja
2012-08-04, 09:58 PM
The Sith would be grateful? As in they are a separate entity... interesting, Jek thinks as the Agent stops talking. Of course, this thought was secondary to: how grateful, in credits? Jek didn't shy away from the Agent's subtle advance, standing his ground next to the T4 droid. Before he could retort, however, the soldier returned and attempted to reclaim control of the group. Jek's ears perked up at the mention of another body and he glanced meaningfully at the Droid at his side. "Well if it's all the same to you, can you inspect it while we walk?"

Major
2012-08-04, 10:04 PM
Ovelia sighs as Ben stumbles around, "Are you sure you'll be able to carry things if you are falling all over right now?" She ask not trying to be mean but genuinely curious. She reaches into her utility belt and pulls out a glowrod. "I don't like using this, but fine..." She says turning it on and pointing it back at Ben.

lothlirial
2012-08-04, 11:07 PM
While all this happens, Soga plays the part of the silent onlooker. The less attention on him, the better. He didn't want these newcomers to know he was a Jedi, and he was glad the Mandalorian - Kot, did he say? - had procured something to distract the intelligence officer. Still, the thought of going to the bridge was not a happy one. Someone there would know why he was on this ship, why the Sith had wanted to capture him, and he would be sent to Revan. The last thought sent shivers down his spine, which he did his best to stifle.

Ballista
2012-08-07, 10:01 PM
Kelras takes the rod from the Mandalorian, for a brief second, Kot could see a glint of metal upon the man's hand. He examines the shard, twirling it around in his hands before testing the tip with his forefinger.
"A weapon of some kind, a projectile perhaps. The tip is surely wicked enough to pierce through a man's skin but without force to apply it, it would not go far. I will hold onto this for now Mando, perhaps a use may come to pass for it."
Turning back to Jek, Kelras tucks the shard into one of the magnetic hoops of his belt.
"The maintenance shafts of this ship spread and tunnel through the entirety of the ship, all we need is to find an access port."

Ovelia-
A pale white light emits from the end of the glowrod, illuminating Ben's path. Though you do find something peculiar, a trail of blood that leads around the corner.

Major
2012-08-07, 10:06 PM
Seeing the blood causes Ovelia to hesitate as she tries to think of what to do. On one hand if somebody was injured they would need her help, but on the other hand getting killed would be foolish.

Unsure of what to do, Ovelia closes her eyes and draws on the Current to ask it for guidance.

Use the Force: DC 15, "Search Your Feelings" aspect. Allows me to know if going to check this bloody area will result in harm or negative consequences. Kinda like a spidey sense (core rule book, use the force application)
[roll0]

Ballista
2012-08-07, 10:34 PM
Ovelia-
A red fog fills your mind as you feel arms pulling you away, away from the blood, away from the hallway, away from this ship.
OoC: Gosh that power makes me want to slap people...

Major
2012-08-07, 11:31 PM
Ovelia turns, "Avoid that...let's get out of here." She says stumbling backward. "We need to get off this ship."

<3

Down Comforter
2012-08-07, 11:43 PM
"That was all I found in the dead man. It looks like someone was trying to hide him in the room. What with the disappearances..."

He looks over at Ovelia. "Avoid what? I won't abandon this ship and my men without damn good cause. Especially with you and the other one. So far we have what looks to be, what?" Kot glances between the Agent and T4. "A saboteur?"

Major
2012-08-07, 11:56 PM
Ovelia looks forward as she hears a voice. She hadn't realized she'd gotten back to the party that quickly. "Sorry was talking to Ben on way back from getting my medical kit." She smiles at Ben, "Thanks again by the way." She nods at the blood trail. "Just a blood trail going down that way leading into the unknown. I'd recommend ignoring it." She says calmly. "Of course I can't make you leave the ship, but I'll point out that staying aboard this ship will end in your death." She says softly, "I doubt you believe me or the Current however, so I'll just settle for saying 'Good bye' or as you mandalorians put it *Mando'a* Die well *Mando'a."

Down Comforter
2012-08-08, 12:13 AM
"We might have a man down and you want to abandon them to their fate?" He silently gestures to L'kath, signaling to keep him covered, and moves down the hallway, keeping quiet and hugging the wall, his weapon at the ready.

His helmet's night-vision package picks up the blood trail as he approaches. He crouches down and peeks around the corner, trying to stay hidden.

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

MintyNinja
2012-08-08, 01:26 AM
A quick memory of Gorto leaving through a maintenance tunnel flashes across Jek's mind at the Agent's words. "By the... you're right. I can't believe it didn't occur to me. Okay, T4 will you..." he trailed off as Kot bolted after a blood trail despite grave warnings. Even Ovelia says we should leave! But that damned mando just can't see reason, he thinks to himself. With the very real possibility that they may soon be short a soldier or two, Jek says to T4, "Let's you and me find a maintenance tunnel. Shouldn't be too hard for you to find one in the dark."

So, as the resident mechanics, do T4 and Jek even need to roll for this? Or can they get a circumstance bonus?

Major
2012-08-08, 01:58 AM
"I'd love to help him, but we can't. I'm a medic, the first thing I wanted to do when I saw the blood was rush and help, but the Current warned me not to." Ovelia says quickly. "You wanted to know about why I feel different in what you call 'the Force'? It's because I am different. I can see many features and I can see the results of if you redirect the flowing current of Fate. If you go investigate, you will die." She says standing still. "That isn't one of many futures, that is the future. Any future that you investigate that body you die. Most futures you stay on this ship, you die. I'm sure you don't believe me, but if not for yourself will you risk everyone's life?"

Ovelia sighs, "Look I don't want anyone to die. Even with you as my captor I'd prefer you to live. I will answer questions you ask if you just trust me and leave this ship. I'm not asking for a full abandonment or even freedom. We can go to another ship be it sith or mandalorian, but please, please listen."

Down Comforter
2012-08-08, 02:48 AM
Just before heading down the corridor, Kot pauses and looks at Ovelia. In a much softer tone than he's used before and in Mandalorian, "<Nothing is written in the stars that cannot be changed by those who travel them. As I live and breath, I would risk my life to help one of mine, my kin, before abandoning them to a fate unknown. Flee if your heart fails you, but my destiny is mine. If death is round that corner, I will show it it's own heart before it dies or join the glorious dead with honor in my veins.>" He turns away and moves down the hall.

Major
2012-08-08, 03:54 AM
Unable to respond, Ovelia was silent. She had viewed the man as an idiot and a brute, cold, cruel, heartless. As he walked around her mind was racing as she was unable to tell if the man was stupid or a good man. Eventually however she grunted and followed, "Well, I'm your prisoner, might as well follower and make sure you live as long as possible..." She mumbled. "Good thing we got that medical kit."

thechosen2nd
2012-08-08, 04:19 PM
In response to Ovelia's concerns, T4 chimes in, in an absentminded drone, while helping Jek search for the nearest access port.

"Well, at least someone is finally listening to my warnings. Too bad SOME of us are misguided by false concepts and ideals such as glory and honor. I mean really. Next thing you know he'll tell us he's in LOVE, and has to go rescue his sweetheart, or something. You sentients can be so stupid.

Perception:[roll0]

Ballista
2012-08-08, 08:45 PM
Kot-
L'kath nods at you and motions his hand for Ben to follow, both draw their pistols and slowly walk towards the corner with their blasters at the ready. Adopting tactical positions, L'kath kneels beside you whilst Ben falls behind him. You turn your head to peer around the corner...
http://i818.photobucket.com/albums/zz107/HkCrimson/concept_desolate_hallway_download_021208.png

Jek & T4-
OOC: Simple intelligence check to remember where they were.
Jek and T4 gaze around their current location, finding nothing more than several containment cells and wall lockers. You see no access covers or computer terminals.

Down Comforter
2012-08-08, 08:53 PM
Kot whispers to Ben, "Let the Agent know there is a powered room and large traces of blood. Keep the droid or that mechanic looking for a maintenance hatch. We might need a quick exit." With that, he stalks closer to the entrance, sticking to the shadows before moving up to the lit door, rifle raised.

Stealth
[roll0]

Perception
[roll1]

Ready action: If anything comes out the door, he's shooting it.

MintyNinja
2012-08-09, 12:38 AM
Jek continues looking, trying to remember where the tunnel comes out in the Prisoner deck.

Int: [roll0]

thechosen2nd
2012-08-10, 03:57 PM
T4 mutters to himself while searching for an access cover, and searching through his memory databanks of the ship's layout for the nearest entrance to the maintenance tunnel.

"Of course there wouldn't be an access panel here- that would be too convenient. We will likely have to struggle halfway across the ship to find one. And I bet it will be locked, leaving us just as stranded as before."

Int: [roll0]

Ballista
2012-08-14, 08:13 PM
Kot-
[assuming you peer into the room]
You see a body of a soldier, chrome armor and all, slumped against the wall to the left of the doorway. Blood pours from a black and red hole that has pierced his armor, the same blood that trails from the open door to his current position. From this distance you can't tell whether the man is dead or alive, but you see an active glow rod clutched in the soldier's right hand, pointing directly through the door. He makes no movement or acknowledges your presence. The same wall is covered by holopanels of unknown purposes, though you can tell they are
inactive.

Jek-
You remember that their should be some sort of control room for neighboring decks on this floor. If your memory serves you correctly, then this room would have at least two maintenance hatches to reach adjacent decks.

T4-
Most of the maintenance tunnels have entrances in major components of a ship such as reactors, control rooms and medical clinics. It's possible there is one on this level.

MintyNinja
2012-08-15, 02:38 AM
"You know what?" Jek asks to no one in particular. "I'm pretty sure any maintenance tunnels would connect to the control room here. We find that and we can just move right up through the decks and too the bridge." He smiles to himself as he thinks not of reaching the bridge, but a well-stocked and empty hangar. He asks the Agent, "Any idea which room is the control room?"

Down Comforter
2012-08-15, 01:48 PM
Kot moves into the room, looking for cover. He shouts back to the group, "We have a man down, doesn't look good," and looks about for any threats.

Does Kot know the purpose of the room?
Stealth
[roll0]
Perception
[roll1]

Major
2012-08-15, 02:26 PM
Ovelia sighs hearing that a man is down and runs towards him quickly. "Ben, medical kit. Quick." She says as she checks for a pulse.