PDA

View Full Version : Help with Dnd Jargon and making Tables

Flame_Excess
2012-07-19, 06:21 PM
Hi there,

I rarely come on these forums but recently I've been more active and there seem to be more and more jargon appearing in some conversations.

I would like to ask you the following question:

What is ACF and BFC? (Not in the same sentence)

Do you have more? As I'm sure there are! I know all of the STR, BAB, REF and such, but it's more like PF (Pathfinder), KM (haven't seen it yet but it would stand for Kingmaker), etc.

Also, I forgot on how to make a good-looking table (as for when making an entire class progression table). Is there any guideline given here on these forums?

Thanks in advance!

PersonMan
2012-07-19, 06:39 PM
ACF = Alternate Class Feature, you trade one thing (like a Rogue's Trapfinding) for another (bonus feats or whatever).

BFC = BattleField Control, effects that change how creatures can move around a battlefield (wall of X, etc.).

Tables you can find here (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=205677)(preset ones), with a built-in guide.

Augmental
2012-07-19, 06:43 PM
ACF stands for Alternate Class Feature. They replace some features of a class with different class features - for example, the Thug Fighter variant from Unearthed Arcana loses proficiency with medium and light armor and their first level bonus feat in exchange for getting more skill points, some extra class skills, and they get the Urban Tracking feat added to the list of Fighter bonus feats.

BFC stands for Battlefield Control - anything that controls enemies. Full casters are the main source of battlefield control - Entangle can keep enemies immobilized so they can't attack your party, Glitterdust blinds them, Black Tentacles grapples and damages enemies... the list goes on and on.

Razgriez
2012-07-19, 08:05 PM
Some others:

RACF/RCF/RSCF/RSF: Abbrieviations for "Racial Alternative/Substitution Class (or level) Feature". In short, a rule which lets you swap out the standard level or feature of a class, with one designed for a specific race, as long as your character is of that race. They range from flavor to design changes, to help either roleplay, or make up for a flaw by boosting other areas, for a race. I.E. Dwarven Fighter or Half-Orc Paladin