PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a premade Campaign

Sidmen
2012-07-19, 10:38 PM
Hi there playgrounders, playgrounites, players... playa's - yeah, playa's.

After a number of mostly sandbox games that were varying levels of coherent, I'm looking to play a premade adventure. Now, I have found a number of threads that offer up suggestions for adventure modules - but I'm interested in playing an entire campaign (adventure path) without having to make my own plans.

The system doesn't matter, neither does cost (though if the book costs 100+ dollars it better be AMAZING) since I'll be using a homemade engine regardless. The only requirement is that it be a somewhat lower-fantasy game, where it isn't assumed that there are tons of super-powered mages running around (a big boss mage is cool with me though).

Anyway, thanks in advance.

SamBurke
2012-07-19, 11:01 PM
Nice avvie, by the by.

I'd go with Kingmaker. It's got some fantastic stuff in there...

Menteith
2012-07-19, 11:02 PM
What system are you looking at? If you're considering a D&D or Pathfinder campaign, I'd recommend you check out the Red Hand of Doom campaign. It runs from levels 5-11 or so, and has a very traditional heroic feel to it. It's nominally a 3.5 campaign, but it's adaptable to PF. Check out Saintheart's excellent guide (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=171284) on these very forums if you're interested.

Saintheart
2012-07-19, 11:05 PM
If you're looking at entire adventure paths, The Shackled City adventure path was for 3.5 and seems to get good reviews from people. Runs from 1-20, though obviously (because I'm biased) I'd recommend Red Hand of Doom in any event.

There's also The Age of Worms adventure path which is basically an Elder Evil campaign from levels 1-20, which can be a little flimsy from time to time but at least is thorough.

Sidmen
2012-07-20, 05:04 AM
Thanks guys, I'll check and see if anyone else has run those campaigns yet (I know we ran the first book of Kingmaker already).

I'm actually using a modified version of new World of Darkness to run it, but just about any situation/critter can be modeled in it so any system's modules should work for me.

Talesin
2012-07-20, 06:31 AM
If you're looking at entire adventure paths, The Shackled City adventure path was for 3.5 and seems to get good reviews from people.

Shackled city is an awesome read and I cannot wait to play it with my group. I played the first 3 parts of Curse of the Crimson throne and I thoroughly enjoyed that so i'd recommend both of these adventure paths.

Tyndmyr
2012-07-20, 06:55 AM
(though if the book costs 100+ dollars it better be AMAZING)

I believe that WLD, at $100, holds the record for most expensive adventure. So, this shouldn't be a big deal.

Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is a fun adventure path. Definitely not a bad idea.

dsmiles
2012-07-20, 07:10 AM
Return to the Temple of Elemental Evil is a fun adventure path. Definitely not a bad idea.I still prefer the original ToEE.

Also (I can't remember the module numbers, or even all the names but...) The Sinister Secret of Saltmarsh series is good, and so is Undermountain.

Tyndmyr
2012-07-20, 07:43 AM
I still prefer the original ToEE.

Hell, no reason you couldn't run both. Would take a while, but would likely be a blast.