PDA

View Full Version : Archpsion Help?

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-20, 12:25 PM
So, I'm going to start a very, very high powered campaign soon.

I'm playing an epic gestalt spell to power erudite/initiator gish. This means I have potential access to all powers and arcane spells in the game, plus a lot of martial maneuvers.

I'm allowed to take the Archpsion (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/psm/20021122b) Prc

What can I do with it? :smallsmile:

My first idea was body outside body + psi-like fission + psi-like schism + repeated white raven tactics

I'm looking for more cool ideas like that. No cheese is enough (except infinite loops and infinite resources which are explicitly forbidden).
Do your shameful best, I'm all ears :smallredface:

PS: I know most people don't like it, but I have the Vow of Poverty feat (with an epic homebrewed variant that you can easily find through google).
I know it's not optimal, but it's pretty cool for the concept so I'm goona keep it.

thank you in advance for your help =)

Psyren
2012-07-20, 12:28 PM
Check the "Psionic Tricks" handbook in my sig. Erudites can do most of them.

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-07-20, 01:20 PM
Epic Gestalt Initiator/Erudite, eh?

Initiators can multiclass six levels and still have 9th level maneuvers at 20th. Full BAB 14/Wizard BAB 6 still gets a +17 BAB at 20th.

You can take a prestige class that doesn't give full manifesting progression, and take Erudite levels with it at the levels where it wouldn't increase your manifester level. Even something like Metamind will be worth taking.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-20, 03:22 PM
Don't worry, I know how to optimize and minmax out of my levels.
I only need suggestions about the archpsion.

Specifically: what spells/powers should I convert into psi-like abilities? To do what?

Biffoniacus_Furiou
2012-07-21, 12:05 AM
Psionic Reach once and Sculpt Power are probably the only two that are really worthwhile. Psionic Reach is only really useful if you're able to take Persistent Power (http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/msrd/ArcanaOccupationsandFeats.rtf) from d20 Modern (which is just as valid as Dragonlance material for D&D games that don't take place in that setting). Maybe Mastery of Power Negation, which would be updated to Dispel Psionics, and then you'll want to dip for Turn Undead and a divine caster level for Divine Defiance from FC2. None of the other abilities you can pick are really even worth considering IMO.

If you're able to get Persistent Power, then with Overchannel you can get the feat Metapower to have Persistent Timeless Body at level 20. Absolutely silly.

eggs
2012-07-21, 01:02 AM
Psionic Reach once and Sculpt Power are probably the only two that are really worthwhile. Psionic Reach is only really useful if you're able to take Persistent Power (http://www.wizards.com/d20/files/msrd/ArcanaOccupationsandFeats.rtf) from d20 Modern (which is just as valid as Dragonlance material for D&D games that don't take place in that setting).
Good suggestion, but that's a really bad argument. The difference between d20 modern and D&D is that they're two different games. The difference between Dragonlance and WotC D&D is that they're two different publishers. The situations aren't parallel, and there's no reason to believe Dragonlance is allowed in the first place.

That said, Persistent Power is 3.0 material that's still compatible with the EPH system and hasn't seen a 3.5 update or explicit ban anywhere. I believe it's already technically 3.5-legal, if sketchy due to the system update. But the the OP's use of Archpsion demonstrates a willingness to look past the edition change, so it should be fair game.

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-21, 03:47 AM
Persistent Power is indeed allowed, but I'm afraid that combining it with Timeless Body would fall a bit too close to perfect invulnerability for my DM's tastes.
Instead, I will probably extend it when needed
Good suggestion anyway, thank you

Rubik
2012-07-21, 07:43 AM
First, use either feats or the mantled erudite ACF (which is right next to the spell-to-power variant, and you can take both) to grab the Magic Mantle to open up feat choices for all feats that affect spells, and grab the Reserves of Strength feat to both uncap all of your powers and spells and to boost your ML by 3.

Use Gate to bring in any non-deific critter you want, such as a hagunemnon. Use Fusion to merge with it, then Astral Seed while Fusion'd. Then unFusion and kill yourself. When you come back you have all of the other creature's HD gestalted with your own, and all of its physical, mental, and magical abilities.

Do this with a lvl 10 metamind as well in order to grab Font of Power, and use Schism and the Temporal Reiteration power.

Now you have all sorts of overpowered abilities and infinite power points.

Have fun!

Cor1
2012-07-21, 08:08 AM
Persistent Timeless Body? You're doing it wrong. Persist Temporal Reiteration, and then manifest Timeless body when you need it. And it stays, and stays, and...

Shenanigans : Persistent Temporal Reiteration, manifest Temporal Acceleration augmented to Quicken it. "Lol Time Stop for the rest of my day, I'll come back fresh in next round". Laziest recharge method ever.