PDA

View Full Version : The Dwarven nation of Dragrimmar

lerg2
2012-07-20, 07:53 PM
Calvin, Brandon, Will, Chris, etc. turn back now.
This is part of an ongoing campaign run in D&D 3.5. We are all 8th level and lead a small (read: <1000) nation. One such nation is of "Magical constructs, those who suffer no trespass" (Warforged, but my scouts don't know that) and another of "Wizards who stalk the night". I lead a Dwarven nation of Morridin, devout in it's worship and ceaseless in it's mining. We are fine traders, and the quality of our metal knows no equal. We live in a great mountain rich in mineral and there are rumors of Mithril and Adamantine veins, just beneath the next section of rock......
So what should I do? The goal is to destroy or make lasting peace with the other nations. There are variables decided by the DM, such as Crime, Famine, Disease, Cave-ins, etc. The map isn't finished, but I'll post it when it is. Any feedback is appreciated and I'll try to post the "Blueprints" Tomorrow or Monday.

Sidmen
2012-07-20, 10:53 PM
Hi there, I'd first like to start out by suggesting you stop calling what you have a "nation". With a population of only a thousand people - its more like a small town or at best a city-state.

Aside from that small quip, there isn't a whole lot I can say at this point: your first moves should be obvious: go out and meet your neighbors. Try and negotiate a trade agreement to supply the robots with ores in exchange for protection and maybe technological aid. And if you do discover magical ores you can start trading to the wizards for magical help.

Of course, this is assuming that your DM isn't planning on initiating conflict right away. And if you are the DM, well, that would change how to start this conversation.