PDA

View Full Version : Let's make a Dragon Rider!

metabolicjosh
2012-07-20, 08:33 PM
This is a WIP

Ways to get a Dragon!
Dragon Cohort
Gives -3 LA to your Cohort.
Dragon Familiar
Gives you a Wyrmling Dragon of Any Kind.

Level 12 lets you get a Gold Dragon Familiar, or Cohort.
To get him earlier you Should take Dragon Cohort to get him Level 9. Then take him as your familiar. This gives him the benefits of being you familiar.
You could do this earlier if you pick a Different Type of Dragon.

Dragon Sub-Species
Black Dragon (Worst of True Dragons, Listed Here)
+4 Str, Con
Fly 60
Immune to Acid
Water Beathing

Blue Dragon (Eragon Anyone?)
+6 Str +4 Con +2 Int, Wis, Cha
Fly 150 Burrow 20
Immune to Electricity
Create/Destroy Water

Brass Dragon (Nothing to Special)
+4 Str, Con +2 Int, Wis, Cha
Fly 200 Burrow 30
Immune to Fire
Speak with Animals

Bronze Dragon (This is getting better)
+6 Str, Wis, Cha +4 Con
Fly 150 Swim 60
Immune to Electricity
Speak with Animals
Water Breathing
Assume Form

Copper Dragon (Average)
+4 Str, Con, Int, Wis, Cha
Fly 150
Immune to Acid
Spider Climb

Gold Dragon (Now this is what you want)
+14 Str +6 Con, Int, Wis, Cha
Fly 200 Swim 60
Immune to Fire
Water Breathing
Alternate Form

Red Dragon (Evil is Cool)
+14 Str + 6 Con +2 Int, Wis, Cha
Fly 150
Immune to Fire

Silver Dragon (Not as good as Gold)
+6 Str +4 Con +6 Int, Wis, Cha
Fly 150

Advice on organization?
Any dragons you want specially?

dantiesilva
2012-07-20, 08:51 PM
I am actually working on a world based on the book Eragon so this should be interesting to see. I would suggest using the cavlier class from PF and taking the dragon order, it fits very well and not only because of the name. Then taking marshal 2/ And cavalier Prc 10. For magic i used the gestalt system and made the other half psion to represent their born ability to be able to use magic. And through in legendary commander level 5 for the abilities it conveyed. Though Dragon lord works just as well. Hope this helps you some.

HunterColt22
2012-07-20, 10:04 PM
They already have a PrC specifically called dragon rider though, why take the caviler from PF for it?

Dayaz
2012-07-20, 10:19 PM
there's also a 3rd party base class for Dragon Rider

here: http://www.d20pfsrd.com/classes/3rd-party-classes/super-genius-games/dragonrider

dantiesilva
2012-07-20, 10:35 PM
You asked for advice on organization. I told you an existing one in the D&D world, nothing more nothing less. And mostly because the two I know of suck truthfully. Defiantly the one in the Dracomonica. Dragonlance is slightly better.

Lonely Tylenol
2012-07-21, 12:18 AM
There is also the Drakkensteed Mount ACF available to a 5th-level Paladin, which gives you a Large Drakkensteed (which is an animal with the dragonblood subtype), complete with 60 ft flight (but poor maneuverability).

Daftendirekt
2012-07-21, 01:28 AM
Dragon Sub-Species
Black Dragon (Worst of True Dragons)

Since when? :smallconfused:

Have you looked at whites? Or coppers? They are the two weakest dragons.

TheGeckoKing
2012-07-21, 05:53 AM
May I also add that you could use Zhentarim Skymage for a really powerful dragon mount, but requires self-control of the "I-won't-break-the-game" type.

Also, srsly, Black is the worst? Whites are so weak I'm pretty sure the Draconomicon makes it quite clear that they're the weakest.

Ranting Fool
2012-07-21, 06:04 AM
Was just wondering where you got the stat ajustments from? I can't seem to find them. :smallbiggrin:

Amoren
2012-07-21, 06:36 AM
There's the dragon rider class from one of the dragonlance books, which gives an improved sort of leadership for attracting a dragon mount, I believe.

Paladins can use their special mount class feature to gain a dragon special mount with the rules from the Dungeon Masters Guide, too (one of my favorite routes with a halfling outrider. Just me and this adult gold dragon that I occasionally shoot things on top of.)