PDA

View Full Version : Kingmaker

Saidoro
2012-07-21, 08:05 AM
OOC Thread (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=13589495)
You have finally arrived. It has been several days of hard traveling since you had been given the charter and set off with your soon-to-be collaborators. But now, at last you stand before Oleg's trading post, a large palisade marking the reference point of your charter and likely your primary point of contact with the outside world while fulfilling it.

As you approach the gate you get your first look inside. To the left is a well used stable, large enough to hold the animals of the small caravans which pass through. Ahead is a fenced off area seemingly designed to hold furs and other bulky stock out of the rain. To the right are a pair of well made wooden buildings with a fire pit between them.

A woman at the fire, previously stirring a large pot of stew, looks somewhat stunned at your appearance, likely due to your armor, your weaponry and the fact that you are accompanied by a dragon. After a moment she recovers herself and seems to come to some sort of decision, waving you over to the fire.
We got a letter saying a team of adventurers would be coming through here. Might I assume that you are them?

Lionheart
2012-07-21, 11:35 AM
Tynan flashes the woman a winning smile. In one movement, he sweeps his feathered cap from his head and bows low.

"You most assuredly can my lady. My name is Tynan, high priest of Ires. It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance miss?

He pronounces the last syllable as a question, attempting to discover her name.

The-Mage-King
2012-07-21, 01:48 PM
"Indeed, it is as my associate says. I am Ivar, and it would be simplest to call me a warrior with some grasp of magic." The swordsman says, climbing from the cart he was driving.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-21, 01:52 PM
Dhovanas keeps an eye out, but lets her companions converse with the woman.

We don't want to overwhelm her. Even I'm still uneasy around the dragon.

Halae
2012-07-21, 04:14 PM
Solomon stands quietly, wondering what the woman would think of Kul.

I hate not coming in with you. Damn doors. Why do you humans have to be so small?

Because otherwise I'd be too big to fit on your scaly ass.

The mirth is evident in Kul's response, Yes, because you humans always seem to have an obsession with riding something bigger than you.

Solomon smiles, You should know better than anyone that bigger is better.

To an outside observer, Solomon is just standing aside as his companions talk, not letting on beyond his smile that he and Kul are talking.

Saidoro
2012-07-21, 05:16 PM
The woman raises an eyebrow at Tynan's manners, but lets them pass without comment.
It's Mrs., actually, Mrs. Svetlana Leveton. And the pleasure is all mine.
She turns to the second man to approach her and speaks.
And I think I'll just call you Ivar, that second bit's a bit of a mouthful.
She walks towards the larger of the two buildings and stops at the door.
I'll fetch Oleg and we'll fill you in on the bandit problem. And let me just say that it's good that Restov sent you down to help, I don't know how much longer we would have lasted.
Before any of you could protest or point out that you weren't informed that there was a problem at the trading post she has disappeared into the house, leaving the lot of you alone in the yard.

Halae
2012-07-21, 05:59 PM
Kul rests outside the walls, basking in the sunlight to the right of the gate. To an outside observer, he might at first appear asleep, but he opens his eyes every now and then to look around when he hears a sound.

Solomon on the other hand, leans against a post by the stables, "Well, the charter said we're to put bandits to the sword. Besides, I like the idea of making this place a little safer."

PhilMeyer
2012-07-21, 11:15 PM
"What you say is true, and our mission into the Stolen lands has no great urgency."

The elf girl tries her best to hide her excitement at being set loose on humans who see fit to prey on the weak. It is foul humans like these that Dhovanas despises above all.

Saidoro
2012-07-22, 03:28 PM
Svetlana reemerges a couple minutes later accompanied by a middle-aged man.
So, the Swordlords actually sent you down here before it was far too late. Can't say I was expecting that.
He looks you over and then scowls.
Course, they still didn't send as many as I asked, but I suppose if they actually fixed problems they wouldn't be running things.
I'm sure they'll do fine. They've been bringing less and less guards the past few times.
Oleg grunts in response.
So, you're Tynan and you're Ivar, what about the other two of you?

Halae
2012-07-22, 04:08 PM
"Solomon Valke," The brown haired man says, "Dragonrider and tactician. The dragon laying outside the walls is Kulidiguidrike, but since that's a mouthful, just call him Kul"

"I could have introduced myself," Kul says from out of sight.

"And scare these people half to death?"

"Yes."

Solomon gives the wall a flat look, then turns back to the married couple, "Don't worry about him. I keep him pointed at the bad guys."

PhilMeyer
2012-07-22, 07:27 PM
Dhovanas waits until Solomon finishes his introduction and then says to the man:

"My name is Dhovanas... I am an elven ranger. I am our group's hunter and tracker. I will find these individuals who have disturbed the peace of this village."

The elf's expression grows serious.

"What can you tell us of their attacks?"

Lionheart
2012-07-23, 04:22 AM
Tynan allows his companions to finish introducing themselves before moving forward to shake his host's hand.

"It is a pleasure to meet you Mr. Leveton. I assure you, this little force assembled before you will be more than enough to end the bandit problems forever."

His green eyes twinkle as he finally lets go of Oleg's hand.

"Tell us everything you know about these ruffians, and we'll be sure to set them straight"

Saidoro
2012-07-23, 03:43 PM
Oleg's face falls into a scowl which you are quickly recognizing as his default state of being.
If by set them straight you mean talking I doubt it'll go over as well as you hope.
They weren't really attacks.
Attacks on our livelihood!
A few months back a group of bandits led by a terrible woman came by, said we had to turn over our stock for the month, and every month after. Said if we didn't-
Svetlana shudders and touches the ring finger on her left hand, you notice that she isn't wearing a ring.
We can't keep going with them taking everything and with what they might do I can't protect my stock.
Oleg almost spits the last words out, it clearly isn't something he wants to say.
They'll be coming to collect tomorrow. Fourth time now, and less of them have been coming each time. I figure they think if we haven't fought back by now we never will.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-23, 03:57 PM
"So I don't even have to track them, they're coming to us. They'll find more than they bargained for when they arrive for the shake-down."

To Oleg she says...
"Which direction do they come from?"

Dhovanas means to find a nice elevated platform to shoot from. Perhaps a tree, or a rooftop?

Halae
2012-07-23, 04:04 PM
"Well, you won't need to worry. With Kul around though, I can't promise there'll be enough left of them to hang on the walls, so I make no promises to that end, but they aren't going to be making off with any more. This I promise."

"I'm not going to eat them..."

"Just leave them in three places each, sure."

"Hmph."

The-Mage-King
2012-07-23, 04:15 PM
"...So, they're coming here, and don't know about us yet?" Ivar says, after a moment of thinking.

"Let's lay an ambush. Elf, find yourself a hiding spot on a roof. Dragon-boy and dragon, hide yourselves within easy reach of the gate, but somewhat out of sight. Priest, take up a spot like the elf. When they enter, I'll close the gate behind them, and we all attack. That will let us wipe them out easily." He continues, pointing to each as he says their designation. "Mr. and Mrs. Leveton, I'd advise you two to stay inside while we deal with this. About when do you expect them to show up tomorrow?"

Halae
2012-07-23, 05:19 PM
Solomon looks at Ivar flatly, "Names, Ivar. Names lead to long friendships, not referring to everybody by race and job description." Honestly, they had all just introduced themselves for Caylean's sake. Would it kill him to remember their names? "That said, I'll only contest one part of the strategy-" he points to the walls of the trading post, "The walls have catwalks on them. Dhovanas would likely be better situated up there, since if she's on the wall she can put an arrow in the back of any of the ones that try to escape. Kul and I are going to be behind a wall. When the signal is given, we'll move over the wall and descend on the bandits."

"Dhovanas, can we rely on you send your hawk out and scout a bit? I'd send Kul, but dragons are conspicuous."

"Well, at least they would see something magnificent before they die."

PhilMeyer
2012-07-23, 07:57 PM
"Dhovanas, can we rely on you send your hawk out and scout a bit? I'd send Kul, but dragons are conspicuous."

"Of course. I'll send Ouray out tonight a few times, just in case the bandits are running ahead of schedule. There is little her avian eyes miss."

As she speaks, Dhovanas strokes the hawk's head affectionately.

Lionheart
2012-07-24, 01:31 AM
Tynan smiles again, nodding in approval of the plan.

Excellent ideas everyone, they'll be in for a nasty surprise!

Though, perhaps we ought to take at least one alive, so he can lead us to the others?"

Halae
2012-07-24, 12:21 PM
"Sounds about right to me. Ivar, Tynan, do you have any spells you can prepare that would aid us in this? We only need long enough for someone to pin him to the ground." Solomon says

The-Mage-King
2012-07-24, 02:31 PM
"As I believe I mentioned on the way here, I specialize in amplyfing my own combat capabilities, not 'blasting' or affecting others. I'm afraid I can't help." Ivar replies, ignoring the comment about names.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-24, 02:49 PM
"Ruffians sometimes surrender when they have an arrow sticking out of their leg. More often they just bleed out..."

The elf looks confident.

"I should be able to track where they came from in either event."

Saidoro
2012-07-24, 03:25 PM
I wouldn't worry about them arriving too early. Some of them always seemed anxious to get back to their camp, and I doubt they'd be so eager if they had to travel far to get there.
Might be best if I stayed out here. I've always been out when they came, they could get suspicious if I'm not.
http://i639.photobucket.com/albums/uu116/saidoro/Olegs.png

Lionheart
2012-07-25, 03:24 AM
Tynan nods as he mulls over the plan.
"Okay, I'll take position here," he points to a spot above the gate H20
"If Dhovanas takes the other side of the gate we can harry their rear while Solomon and Ivar take them from the front.
As for capturing one, I'll see what aid Ires is willing to give us, but I should be able to get one down long enough for you to incapacitate them."

He then turns to Oleg, ""I applaud your bravery, and your presence would help to put them at ease, though once the fighting starts it would probably be best if you got inside sharpish. We are here to protect you after all."

PhilMeyer
2012-07-25, 11:31 AM
"Yes, the catwalk would make for an excellent perch. We should take care to remain hidden until they are all inside. Perhaps some barrels or crates we can hide behind?"

Edit: Had some stuff here that was already covered earlier. Sorry.

Saidoro
2012-07-26, 04:22 PM
You spend the rest of the day preparing for the bandits and resting after your journey.
The Levetons try to make you feel welcome: Svetlana offers you use of the traveler's quarters for the night, and her soup would have been good even if you hadn't spent the entire day traveling.
Oleg wakes you early, the bandits usually arrive within an hour or two of dawn.
Let me know where you will be when the bandits arrive and what preparations you have made.

Halae
2012-07-26, 08:40 PM
Solomon is on Kul's back, waiting for the bandits to arrive. He has his lance ready, and Kul is laying down for now as he waits for his opportunity to take flight and descend on the bandits.

They'll be behind the wall opposite the direction the bandits normally come from.

PhilMeyer
2012-07-26, 08:56 PM
Dhovanas climbs the ladder, and sets up behind a set of low crates that she has moved over. These should provide concealment until the fight begins, and cover in case any have their own ranged weapons. She then raises the ladder such that no one can climb up after her.

"Solomon, try and make sure you and your dragon are hidden until they are all inside the fort."

She then looks to her bird companion, and whispers "Tuuva i firya kotumo." The elvish words tell Ouray to seek the humans out, and return when they are found.

Set up at E20.
Handle Animal (seek): Take 10, +4 animal companion, +3 skill = 17
Ouray's Perception (if needed): [roll0]

Lionheart
2012-07-27, 02:49 AM
Tynan spends an hour in 'prayer', which looks very similar to remaining in bed snoozing.

After a quick breakfast and look around the fort Tynan sets up position opposite Dhovonas, longbow and spells at the ready.

The spells I've prepared are Command, Burning Disarm and Expeditious Retreat.
Also making a Perception check to see if we can close the gate, and how easy ti would be.
[roll0]

The-Mage-King
2012-07-29, 03:55 AM
Taking a quarter hour after waking to meditate, Ivar prepares himself by ensuring that the doors will close smoothly, and that he has some cover while he's waiting, lurking behind some barrels under the catwalk.

To sum up

E20, under catwalk. :smalltongue:

Saidoro
2012-07-29, 10:43 AM
The bandits appear an hour after sunrise, their arrival having been heralded 15 minutes previously be Ouray's return. Four bandits and six horses, with the latter seeming far more alert than their masters. Presumably they think Oleg sufficiently cowed that they need not be on guard. The bandits stride confidently into the trading post and stop in the middle of the courtyard. The leader speaks up.
Aw, where's yer pretty wife this time, hiding her away?
Oleg remains stoically silent, opening the storage pen and stepping out of the way. The bandits begin loading the horses.
Or maybe she left, ran off with someone less helpless.
Oleg seethes, but does not rise to the bait, remaining silent.
Feel free to step in any time, you can either jump in at any point in this post or wait a bit and assume it continues in the same vein until you do.
The way we'll do combat turns is this: I'm going to post a target initiative number in each fight. Players who roll over that number can act immediately and then we'll just alternate between all enemies and all players. If there's a surprise round that comes before everything else. You'll have a surprise round in this fight, so if you don't beat the target initiative you'll take your surprise round action only and if you do you'll take your surprise round and follow it with a full round of actions. Players can post in any order.

Target Initiative for this fight is 7.
Enemies:
Bandit Leader: H12, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 1: I11, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 2: I10, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 3: K14, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Allies:
None
Noncombatants:
Oleg: K11
Horse: I12

Saidoro
2012-07-29, 10:44 AM
Fixing post bug

Lionheart
2012-07-29, 11:27 AM
As Oleg moves to open the storage pen, Tynan rises quietly to his knees and sends an arrow flying at the back of the leader in front of him.

Initiative
[roll0]

Attack roll for surprise round
[roll1]

and damage [roll2]

PhilMeyer
2012-07-29, 04:54 PM
Dhovanas takes aim at the bandit leader, but its not him she sees. In her head she is shooting at the all the humans who have wronged her family since time immemorial. The bearded thug who tried to rape her sister. The magistrate who falsely imprisoned her uncle Fayne. The Restovian nobles who treat all elves as second class citizens.

She hopes her arrow strikes true...

I did this map quickly, let me know if something isn't right.

When I originally stated where Dhovanas was I didn't realize that I had Tyvin on the wrong side in my head. He asked her to be on the opposite side as him, so I moved her over there. I'm assuming the catwalk is high enough to give a clean shot to the bandits, but if not then maybe I'll move her back over to the west side of the gate? She'd be smart enough to give herself a good line of fire I'd think.

http://i.imgur.com/I6JPs.png

PhilMeyer
2012-07-29, 04:55 PM
Initiative: [roll0]
Attack: [roll1]
Damage: [roll2]

PhilMeyer
2012-07-29, 04:57 PM
Her first shot likely sailing wide, Dhovanas quickly lines up another one and lets loose.

Attack: [roll0]
Damage: [roll1]

Halae
2012-07-30, 09:19 PM
Once the arrows fly, Solomon knows the time to strike is upon them, and he urges Kul forward, It's show time.

Hold on then.

Kul takes to the air, and he will move swiftly from his spot behind the middens, Solomon riding on his back. Solomon bears his lance and shield proudly.

That map seems about right to me with an exception; Solomon is riding Kul, so he's on the dragon, and thus doesn't take up another space. That said, he's got his lance at the ready, So Solomon will still be able to do an attack of opportunity this round if someone moves, as will Kul.

Kul himself has his upper left hand corner of his base (give it's large size) move to G-12. This will put him in attacking range of the Bandit Leader, who also happens to be the only one that the pair will grant cover to during the fight if everybody remains where they are. Assuming this is done during the surprise round, the leader won't even get an attack of opportunity, but he will if it's no longer the surprise round (against Kul, that is. Especially since he can tank the damage).

Solomon and Kul don't get any attacks yet, but can still get AoOs if the enemy makes a bad move.

Initiative: [roll0]

Saidoro
2012-07-31, 02:52 AM
The moment Tynan's arrow is loosed Oleg makes a run for the house. He slips inside and you can hear the clacking of locks closing.
The horse, shocked by the sudden appearance of a dragon and makes a break for the gates.

The bandits were slow to react to the unexpected attack, but are now beginning to recover. The leader, visibly injured by the arrow sticking out of his back, rolls out of the way of the landing dragon and decides to put some distance between himself and the wall of meat that suddenly appeared behind him. He makes a run for cover and then snaps an arrow at the archer on the wall. The first of the followers in a display of either inspiring courage or baffling stupidity decides to engage the dragon in melee, drawing his sword, charging the dragon and, shockingly, drawing blood. The second is safely out of the dragon's reach in the cage and seems to like it that way. He steps back, draws his bow, fires at the elf on the wall and strikes one of the . The third apparently prefers his chances against a more human-scaled opponent and runs at the man standing at the gate, swinging his sword wildly and ineffectually.
Horse is now out of the fort, Oleg is in the house.
By the 24 hour combat turn ruling Ivar forfeits his first turn, but I'll have him move to K19 during the surprise round since he announced he was going to start by moving in front of the gate. If you know you might have trouble posting on time in combat let me know and set up a strategy I can run your character by.
Kul should have a standard action left over after moving in the surprise round and then the first round. I'll let him take it now.

The Leader moves to G8, provoking an attack of opportunity from Kul, and then attacks Tynan with his longbow with a modified roll of 20 for 4 damage. He doesn't make this attack if Kul takes the AoO and drops him.
Bandit 1 draws a short sword and attacks Kul with a modified roll of 19 for 2 damage.
Bandit 2 5-ft steps to I9, draws a longbow and shoots at Dhovanas with a modified roll of 12. He has cover against the archers and total cover against Kul's melee attacks(the pen can be broken easily enough, but you can't get at him without doing so) but not against his breath.(I doubt Oleg will like you setting his stock aflame though.)
Bandit 3 moves to L18, provoking an attack of opportunity from Kul(he can make this one or the one against the leader) and attacks Ivar with a shortsword with a modified roll of 8.

Enemies:
Bandit Leader: G8, 5 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 1: I11, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 2: I9, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 3: L18, 0 Damage taken, no known effects

Halae
2012-07-31, 09:22 AM
Kul and Solomon both attack the retreating leader, a bite and a strike from Solomon's lance. Solomon's bite likely misses, but Solomon uses his steed's distraction to position himself for a better attack.

Actually, it took a double move to get Kul into position, so no standard action for him. That said, you seem to have overlooked the fact that Solomon is wielding his lance from dragonback, so he'll be getting an attack of opportunity against the leader-guy too.

Solomon's Attack Roll:
[roll0]
Solomon's Damage:
[roll1]

Kul's Attack Roll:
[roll2]
Kul's Damage:
[roll3]

PhilMeyer
2012-07-31, 10:23 AM
The elven archer is visibly mad at missing her first two shots. The arrow lobbed her way does nothing to improve her mood.

"Valash-aki!" She screams as she fires yet another arrow at the leader.

[roll0]
[roll1]

Lionheart
2012-07-31, 12:28 PM
With the leader down, Tynan cooly turns his attention to Bandit 3, loosing another arrow at his unprotected back.
[roll0]
damage [roll1]

The-Mage-King
2012-07-31, 04:30 PM
Taking a half-step back and drawing his blade, a strange smell of disinfectants surrounds Ivar as he's covered with a thin film.

"Come on, then! Fight me!" He says, flourishing his sword and pointing it at the bandit who swung at him.

Five-foot step back, move to draw weapon, and manifest Vigor.

5 Temp HP. 1 pp.

Saidoro
2012-08-01, 03:27 PM
Solomon's lance strikes the bandit leader's shoulder as he attempts to flee, leaving him laying on the ground bleeding. The other bandits react in shock and apparently decide they'd rather not stick around. The first reconsiders his previous assault on the dragon and dashes for the exit. The second balks at the thought of running past the beast and steps further back into the pen, firing an arrow at the dragon in desperation and striking surprisingly well. The third aims a frantic slash at Ivar and then runs for the horses.

Bandit 1 moves to M20, provoking an AoO from Simon and Kul.
Bandit 2 moves to I8 and attacks Kul with his Longbow with a modified roll of 17 for 8 damage.
Bandit 3 attacked Ivar with a modified roll of 8 and then moved below the map(barely), provoking an AoO from Ivar.

Enemies:
Bandit Leader: H10, 13 Damage taken, Unconscious and Dying
Bandit 1: M20, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 2: I8, 0 Damage taken, no known effects
Bandit 3: L24, 0 Damage taken, no known effects

PhilMeyer
2012-08-02, 12:13 PM
Having missed her first three shots, Dhovanas is realizing that stress of actually combat are not what she was expecting.

Get it together, girl.

Seeing a bandit attempt to flee, her anger flairs. She pivots around and shoots down from the fort wall at the bandit below her.

I think its probably going to be a point blank shot.
attack [roll0]
damage [roll1]

PhilMeyer
2012-08-02, 04:32 PM
Seeing her arrow strike true, and the bandit badly injured, Dhovanas sends her hawk after the one still willing to fight.

"Ouray, ju lutem sulmuar"

These are against the one with the bow.
Handle Animal (free action): [roll0]
Attack (bite): [roll1]
Damage (bite): [roll2]
Attack (claw1): [roll3]
Damage (claw1): [roll4]
Attack (claw2): [roll5]
Damage (claw2): [roll6]

The-Mage-King
2012-08-02, 06:17 PM
As the bandit attempts to pass him, Ivar swings, aiming to make his day a little more painful.

Moving to follow, he adjusts his grip on his sword, aiming to cut the man's flight short.

AoO: [roll0]

Damage: [roll1]

Move to K23, make attack.

2-handed PA.

Attack: [roll2]

Damage: [roll3]

Halae
2012-08-04, 06:02 PM
Kul and Solomon attack the fleeing bandit, striking him as he moves away. After this, they stop and wait.

Using that AoO Solomon and Kul got:

Solomon's Attack:
[roll0]
Solomon's Damage:
[roll1]

Kul's Attack:
[roll2]
Kul's Damage:
[roll3]

Lionheart
2012-08-05, 12:57 AM
Seeing his team mates dealing with the two bandits closest to them, Tynan decides it's time to capture one of them. He fixes the furthest bandit with a commanding glare and roars "Fall!"

Command on the bandit that hasn't suffered any damage, DC 14

Saidoro
2012-08-05, 11:14 AM
The first bandit is struck in the small of his back by Solomon's lance, knocking him almost to his knees. This would not have been so great a problem had it not been for the dragon's jaws descending from above from which he could no longer run. The second bandit finds his mind unexpectedly under assault. He fights off the strange man's influencing words just in time to receive a face full of angry hawk, the bird's claw gouging a deep red line through his arm. The third bandit's flight is disrupted by a slash from Ivar, knocking him off balance. He is then further disrupted by an arrow slamming down from overhead, piercing his lung and forcing him to the ground, barely alive.

The second bandit manages to force the bird away from his face for a moment and shouts out.
I surrender, I surrender! Just get this thing away from me!
Combat over. All the bandits are still alive, but all save Bandit 2 are dying. You still have time to save them if you want to. 150 Xp for everyone in any event.

Lionheart
2012-08-06, 02:48 AM
"Solomon, can you bring that bandit over here?"
Tynan gestures to the dying man as he descends the stairs into the courtyard.

"And anyone who's wounded, gather round, and let Ires refresh you."

When everyone is grouped around, Tynan lifts up the holy symbol of his goddess, a compass, and offers up a well rehearsed and overly dramatic prayer.

Channel Energy to keep the bandits alive and to heal any party members.
[roll0]

Halae
2012-08-06, 02:56 AM
Solomon swings his leg off of Kul, and he descends to the ground. The dragon, however, stays only long enough to be healed by Tynan before he grabs one of the bandit corpses in his mouth and-

"Kul! What are you doing?!" Solomon yells, ut the dragon continues anyways, dropping the corpse for a brief moment.

"Getting a bite to eat, as you put it." and He'll then carry the body away, over the wall. The horse size dragon doesn't go far, just to the other side of a wall, to enjoy his meal in peace.

Solomon Growls to himself. He hated the rare points when Kul did that. but if he tried to stop him, Kul would just move somewhere else and keep eating, so there wasn't much to be done. Instead, the dragonrider just (carefully)drags the unconscious bandit towards his companion.

The-Mage-King
2012-08-06, 03:34 AM
Spining his sword around and sheathing it with a clank, Ivar heads to the bandit nearest to the gate, dragging him towards the priest, before disarming the man.

"I'd suggest we take all of their weapons and armor. It never hurts to have spare tools." He say, rifling through the pockets of the bandit he dragged near the priest.

"Dragon. Be sure to spit out anything you think seems valuable, like weapons, or gold. And someone should probably get their horses. Those are probably worth more than all of their other stuff put together, and we should return the Levetons' goods that were loaded before we sprung our trap."

PhilMeyer
2012-08-06, 08:56 AM
To the cleric, Dhovanas says "I'm not sure why you are healing them all. Surely they'll be hanged by nightfall."

She then goes to retrieve her arrows.

Saidoro
2012-08-06, 04:08 PM
The bandits were all dressed in leather armor and carrying bows and melee weapons. Most significant among their equipment was a silver necklace in the shape of a stag's skull worn by the leader. You are also able to recover their horses, save the one which fled during the fight.
Oleg and Svetlana have reemerged from the house and thanked you all profusely for your help. They seem somewhat unnerved by Kul's treatment of the downed bandit but otherwise have little sympathy.
The one conscious bandit looks positively miserable without his equipment, his eyes flicking between the store owners who he has wronged, the terrifying elf whose bird wounded him and now talks so frankly of his execution, the unconscious forms of his comrades and the wall behind which the red dragon had disappeared. When he speaks his words pour forth in a confused tumble with few breaks, as though he is afraid that losing momentum will force him to stop.
Please, Miss, you don't need to...
He realizes that finishing that sentence with hang me might just suggest that leaving him to the dragon would be easier.
I... I can lead you to the others.. To the camp. Just please don't-
Don't give you what you deserve? After all you lot have done you want mercy!
Please, I can help!
Loot report:
4 suits of Leather armor
3 Short Swords
3 Short Bows
2 Vials Alchemist's Fire
1 Composite(+2) Longbow
1 Dagger
78 Arrows
8 Days Trail Rations for 1 person
5 Horses
Silver Stag Amulet
65 GP

PhilMeyer
2012-08-06, 04:43 PM
I... I can lead you to the others.. To the camp. Just please don't-

"Yes, you will lead us to the others. What happens to you after that is up to Oleg and the rest of these folks. Save your pleas for them."

Dismissing the bandit, walks over to Oleg and asks:

"Oleg, I don't suppose that some of these goods are items that you are interested in trading for? I don't believe we'll be needing most of their gear."

Lionheart
2012-08-07, 03:32 AM
Tynan is torn between dealing with the prisoners and haggling over the price of the spoils. Remembering his assumed role as priest, he sighed and left the others to divvy up the loot.

Ignoring the elf's admonition, Tynan steps to the conscious prisoner. "You have no need to fear, I shall intercede for you on behalf of the goddess Ires, for she is merciful.

"However, mercy cannot be absolute, nor can it be gifted to those unwilling to change their ways. There must be justice, and you must pay for your crimes."
As he speaks, Tynan gets more and more dramatic, emulating the practised sanctity of his former teachers.

"I will do what I can to have your life spared, but you must devote your life to helping and protecting those you used to prey on. Swear service to the goddess, and we will find a place for you somewhere."

Diplomacy to get him to repent. [roll0]

Saidoro
2012-08-07, 03:38 PM
Oleg seems to ignore the bandit quickly enough as you begin discussing the sale with him.
Course, you took care of them well enough least I can do is give you a good price.

The bandit doesn't seem quite sure how to react to Tynan's speech but he knows an opportunity to save his skin when he sees it.
Oh, of course Grand Sir, I'll swear whatever you like! I, um, I never wanted to go about stealing and such anyway.
His insincerity is rather obvious, but it may be easier to let things lie and continue relying on his cowardice than to extract a more meaningful oath.
Oleg will pay full price for any of the loot, he also has some lamp oil and lanterns, 70 feet of hemp rope, 2 weeks of trail rations, 6 torches and 2 vials of antitoxin among other less relevant gear available for sale at normal prices if you would like to buy anything.

The-Mage-King
2012-08-07, 10:58 PM
Taking a shortbow and quiver of arrows from the loot collection, Ivar slings them over his shoulder in an easy to carry manner.

"Hm. We should probably take the horses, too. Easier to travel using them." He says, glancing over at the five animals as he heads towards where his cart was stored.

"Regardless, we should split this gold fairly."

Taking a shortbow and 30 arrows. Moving some stuff to my cart from my inventory.

Lionheart
2012-08-08, 03:47 AM
Tynan is disappointed, though not particularly surprised, by the bandit's lack of sincerity. He pretends not to notice it, and smiles down at the man.
"Who better to be my first follower? I don't believe this crap myself."

At the mention of gold Tynan turns from the prisoner to Ivar and nods profusely.

PhilMeyer
2012-08-08, 11:08 AM
"Hm. We should probably take the horses, too. Easier to travel using them." He says, glancing over at the five animals as he heads towards where his cart was stored.

"I have a horse already, but will gladly accept Oleg's price for one of the beasts. And for the rest of this gear. However, I can always use more arrows."

I'll take another 30 of the arrows, myself.
Can sell the rest, though probably we'll want the food and the alchemy items.

Saidoro
2012-08-12, 09:10 PM
You are preparing your mounts and supplies for the journey to the bandit camp, in particular ensuring Happs' horse cannot stray far from the group. Oleg approaches, carrying a small leather bag in one hand and looking rather nervous.
Listen, ah. I've got something to give you. And a favor to ask.
He hands the bag to the first person to take it.
The first time the bandits came one of them took Svetlana's ring. Called it... payment for not taking my hand. Please, it means a lot to her if you can get it back I swear I'll find some way to pay you for it.
The bag contains 2 potions of cure light wounds and 1 of Shield of Faith +2
Loot not spoken for sells for 612.6 Gold assuming you keep 3 of the horses and don't choose to arm or equip the bandit showing you to the camp but do let him have a horse.
Dhovanas got the alchemist's fire since no one else said anything about it. I assume the trail rations were put on someone's mount.
If you want to buy something from Oleg's just add it to your sheet and subtract the gold and let us know in either thread so we don't have multiple people buying the same thing. Everything I listed is at standard price from the SRD
If the group decides to rest the night before stting out you can do so, in which case this takes place the next morning after some gracious hospitality from the traders.

PhilMeyer
2012-08-13, 11:00 AM
"If it hasn't been sold or stolen, I do not believe its return will be a problem. You will not be charged for its delivery. We are not thieves to make you pay for your own property."

Dhovanas bows her head slightly.

"I would ask only that you extend your hospitality to us, if we ever need return to this post in the future."

Lionheart
2012-08-16, 03:58 AM
Tynan purses his lips at Dhovanas' generosity.

"Of course, we wouldn't dream of charging you for the return of your property. Though perhaps a reward for ridding your lands of a bandit infestation would be more appropriate."

He flashes a smile at the ranger while he prepares to explore the wilderness

Halae
2012-08-18, 09:48 AM
Solomon rolls his eyes, and steps between the two of them, "A reward you think is acceptable is fine, Oleg. While we need something to live off of, we're not going to extort you." As he says that last part he looks pointedly at Dhovanas and Tynan. Turning down rewards is a bad idea, but so is requiring more of them. Best just to go with the offer and be grateful.

The-Mage-King
2012-08-21, 04:13 AM
"Honestly? Simple hospitality is all we'd need, though something like a small discount would be appreciated, since we'll be in these lands for a fair while." Ivar says, having attached his new horse to his cart and climbed onto the vehicle. "At any rate, I suppose we should be off."

PhilMeyer
2012-08-30, 08:21 PM
"Yes. Me and my hawk will scout ahead. If we know what we are up against, we may gain tactical advantage."

Let me know what rolls you want for this scouting, or if more detail is needed on specific actions. Here are some initial rolls that may be appropriate:
Stealth: [roll0]
Perception: [roll1]
Stealth (Ouray): [roll2]
Perception (Ouray): [roll3]

Note: Silent Hunter - Elves with this racial trait reduce the penalty for using Stealth while moving by 5 and can make Stealth checks while running at a –20 penalty (this number includes the penalty reduction from this racial trait).