PDA

View Full Version : Magic coins

keen320
2012-07-21, 08:55 PM
I was reading another thread, I think it was the "Animate a Planet" thread, and someone mentioned making magic coins that were self replicating. I'm wondering if there's any way to do that without epic levels.

I was also wondering if there's a way to make a more malicious self replicating coin. Say, if placed with other coins, it destroys gold pieces and replaces them with another version of itself, but it's a silver piece? Or just eats gold coins? I thought it would be amusing to use, especially if it was replicating, or maybe as a kind of economic warfare.

My only idea is to make it some kind of construct.

System is pathfinder, using Psionics via Psionics Unleashed (very similar of course to Psionics Handbook), ideally doable for a Psion Shaper. Although I'm still curious if it's doable at all.

Also, is there any good psionic substitute to make constructs? I figure it should be doable, but most constructs require Geas/Quest to make, I was wondering if there is any good substitute?

AntiTrust
2012-07-21, 09:29 PM
In one of the 3.5 MM are creatures called clockwork horrors that replicate when they get near metal ala stargate replicators. I'm sure they would give you two big mechanical thumbs up at making an infinite coin making machine.