PDA

View Full Version : Rage Help!

Azoth
2012-07-22, 01:46 AM
Ok playing in an epic game with 2 free LA. LVL30. Build is Half Minotaur Mineral Warrior arctic dwarf barb2/ftr2/fotf3/deepward3/Frenzied Berserker10/Warhulk10. This guy is large mean and nasty. He is meant to be the tank from hell, and mechanicly can do this.

What I need help with enhancing rage and such further through feats/items...and in picking a weapon.

I so far have found:
Mantle of Rage: +1/day rage
Brash weapon enchantment: immune to fear while raging +3rounds to rage
Furious weapon enchant: +2 str/con that stacks with rage while raging
Berserker weapon enchant: +2 weapon enchant while raging

I already know my weapon will be valarous. With the mantle I rage 4/day, feral fury 2/day, and frenzy 5/day. Please if anyone knows good feats, gear, enchants, ect. For a big charinging raged out monstrousity help.

dantiesilva
2012-07-22, 02:17 AM
I would suggest 6 levels of drunken master. Flavor wise it works plus you gain bonus to Str and con, as well as the ability to charge in a none straight line. Dwarfs like beer, drunken masters like beer.

As for feats of the top of my head their is extra rage and extend rage. I know their is some form of a epic rage for epic characters.

KillianHawkeye
2012-07-22, 05:41 PM
Minotaur Greathammer from MM4.

NeoSeraphi
2012-07-22, 05:52 PM
The Reckless Rage feat from Races of Stone increases the bonuses to Strength and Constitution granted by rage by +2 each.

The Righteous Fury feat (Book of Exalted Deeds) allows you to deal nonlethal damage while you rage, which allows you to not kill your party when you are frenzying. It also lets you inflict a status condition (shaken or sicken or something) when you hit evil people while you rage. So that's cool.

You should also take Ability Focus (Inspire Frenzy) to increase the DC required for your allies to resist frenzying. Just to be a jerk. :smallamused: Make that wizard toss his spell component pouch away and throw down with the rest of the party.

Qwertystop
2012-07-22, 06:46 PM
Don't forget, if you're trying to tank, you need some way of making sure the enemies don't just walk around you and hit somebody else. D&D doesn't have an aggro system, and anything with common sense will probably just kill the spellcaster instead.

The general method to do this is with a certain combination of class abilities and feats that let you make AoOs more often, make AoOs on anyone who stands near you and attacks you, make AoOs on anyone who stands near you and doesn't attack you, trip as an AoO, stop people from moving near you in various ways, and make AoOs on anyone who gets up from tripping.

Overall, you need a way to make it so that nobody can ignore you until you're dead.

Azoth
2012-07-22, 10:15 PM
Well with the typical combat brute shock trooper leap attack combo...I do weapon +1d8+1d6 +108 str mod (doubled from valarous with an 85 str) +160power attack 5 times to everything within 10-20ft. Plus 1d10 +37+power attack (unarmed strike). Plus 2d8 +37 + power attack. And finally 1d6+37 + power attack bite. Free trip on all of them due to wolf totem 2. Coupled with brutal surge weapon enchant for bull rush on strike.

He isn't able to AoO well due to abysmal dex. He more leaps in as a charge, full attacks everything in reach due to the capstone of warhulk and anything not dead is tripped and launched away from the party. That way they waste a move to stand and to actually try and close again. Putting them right back in range for another dose of pain.

If they try and hang back he throws boulders/corpses at them for 2d8+54.

killianh
2012-07-22, 10:19 PM
From a handbook

Weapon Enchantments
Berseker (UE): +2 weapon's enchantment while raging.
Furious (OA): rage bonuses increase a step.
Fury (?): +1d6 damage while raging.

Feats
Blazing Berserker (SS): gain the fire subtype while raging.
Extend Rage (CW): +5 rounds.
Extra Rage (CW): +2 per day.
Instantaneous Rage (CW): free action to rage.
Intimidating Rage (CW): free action demoralize once per encounter.
Destructive Rage (CW): +8 to break stuff while raging.
Frozen Berserker (FB): gain the cold subtype while raging.
Mad Foam Rager (PHBII): delay a single attack that hit you by one round.
Reckless Rage (RoS): -2 AC, +2 str/con while raging.
Stone Rage (RoS): +1 enhancement bonus to AC while raging

Items
Bands of Blood Rage (MiC 202): 3/day you/allies "blood rage" for +5 moral to damage, not a real barb item but the flavor is the same.
Mantle of Rage (Online): +1 rage per day, or gives rage if you lack it.

killianh
2012-07-22, 10:24 PM
I personally would suggest taking your 2 levels of Barb and making it a Spirit lion totem wolf totem whirling frenzy barbarian. You lost uncanny dodge, trap sense, and fast movement but gain improved trip (+4 STR to trip, free attack after trip, no prereq needed) and pounce (full attack on charge).

Whirling frenzy changes rage to grant you +4 STR, +2 AC, and +2 REF while also giving you a -2 to attack rolls, but granting an extra attack on full attacks at full BAB. In my opinion its worth the trade since anything you attack will be dead thanks to the extra attack (or should be with a build like that!)

dantiesilva
2012-07-22, 10:29 PM
The feat Goad makes it hard for them to ignore you as does the knights challenge class feature you gain at first level.