PDA

View Full Version : MBTI & Enneagram types for oots characters?

squidbreath
2012-07-22, 04:12 AM
Personality types anyone?
I haven't got much and these are very rough guesses.

Belkar 8w7 ESTP
Elan 7w6 ENFP
Haley 6w7 ENTP
Roy 1w2 ENTJ
V 3w4 ESTJ
Durkon 1w9 INFJ

Finagle
2012-07-22, 04:24 AM
Huh? You've gone outside the bounds of shared experience there, Tex.

oppyu
2012-07-22, 04:39 AM
I'd say V is more ISTJ than ESTJ, and Roy is ESTJ rather than ENTJ.

I've never heard of Enneagram types though.

squidbreath
2012-07-22, 04:49 AM

Thanks :) You're probably right - I just doubted ISTJ since V was so openly verbose, although both are prone to those lectures / rants things in my limited experience.

As to Enneagram types: http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.hk/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

WoolenSocks
2012-07-23, 01:30 AM
Hmm. V would be a five, Durkon and maybe Roy would be ones, Elan would be a seven, Belkar 7w8. I have no idea about Haley.

oppyu
2012-07-23, 08:59 PM
Personality types anyone?
I haven't got much and these are very rough guesses.

Belkar 8w7 ESTP
Elan 7w6 ENFP
Haley 6w7 ENTP
Roy 1w2 ENTJ
V 3w4 ESTJ
Durkon 1w9 INFJ

Hmm. V would be a five, Durkon and maybe Roy would be ones, Elan would be a seven, Belkar 7w8. I have no idea about Haley.

Belkar - I'd say 7w8. The Belkster cares more about putting the chaotic in chaotic evil than being dominant, which is the primary hat of 8w7.
Elan - Hard to pin down, as his low INT score makes it hard to do the usual shoehorning that these classifications require. I'd say 7wStupid.
Haley - 6w7. Barely even need to shoehorn that one, it just naturally fits.
Roy - 1w2. Also fits quite well.
V - 5w4. The 4 seems somewhat unintuitive, but the shoe fits. 4's in real life are passionate about their art or science, 4's in D&D are passionate about their spellcraft.
Durkon - 1w9. That one doesn't really fit properly, but it's closer than anything else on the Enneagram type list.

SowZ
2012-07-23, 09:13 PM
Agreed that V gets her energy from alone time and is, for the most part, drained by social interactions. I am not so sure that Roy is an S, really, he is a lot like obvious ENTJs I know and seems to be an abstract thinker which doesn't necessarily mean N but is a great sign of it.

ti'esar
2012-07-23, 10:50 PM
It might be worthwhile to actually try taking the test(s) from an OOTS character's perspective, instead of just winging it.

Gift Jeraff
2012-07-23, 11:18 PM
I'd say they're all sjdjdjdiid7373738Jajsjnsn.

ORione
2012-07-23, 11:20 PM
Huh? You've gone outside the bounds of shared experience there, Tex.

squidbreath posted a link for Enneagram. Here's one for Myers-Briggs: http://www.personalitypathways.com/type_inventory.html

WoolenSocks
2012-07-25, 06:23 PM
Belkar - I'd say 7w8. The Belkster cares more about putting the chaotic in chaotic evil than being dominant, which is the primary hat of 8w7.
Elan - Hard to pin down, as his low INT score makes it hard to do the usual shoehorning that these classifications require. I'd say 7wStupid.
Haley - 6w7. Barely even need to shoehorn that one, it just naturally fits.
Roy - 1w2. Also fits quite well.
V - 5w4. The 4 seems somewhat unintuitive, but the shoe fits. 4's in real life are passionate about their art or science, 4's in D&D are passionate about their spellcraft.
Durkon - 1w9. That one doesn't really fit properly, but it's closer than anything else on the Enneagram type list.

I agree with every bit of your assessment :smallsmile:. Belkar is in it for the fun, not for power.

I actually started a topic about Myers-Briggs types for the order a while ago, but it quickly descended into fruitless debates about whether Myers-Briggs has any scientific merit :smallsigh:.

Actually, I don't think ISTJ fits V very well. ISTJs are supposed to be very traditional, dutiful, reliable, and not particularly imaginative. They're salt-of-the-Earth types. I think Durkon is more of an ISTJ and V is more of an INTJ.

irenicObserver
2012-07-26, 04:40 PM
It's kind of rude to start a conversation like this.
Thanks :) You're probably right - I just doubted ISTJ since V was so openly verbose, although both are prone to those lectures / rants things in my limited experience.

As to Enneagram types: http://typewatchenneagram.blogspot.hk/2011/06/typewatch-enneagram-type-descriptions.html

I am far too lazy to take the time to come under the same experiences you have since you seem to be lazy to even bother and meet me halfway :sigh:

WoolenSocks
2012-07-26, 05:24 PM
It's kind of rude to start a conversation like this.

I am far too lazy to take the time to come under the same experiences you have since you seem to be lazy to even bother and meet me halfway :sigh:

Whoa there, no need to overreact. If you want enneagram types explained to you instead of reading the helpful link that was kindly provided, you could at least ask politely.

Here's a super dumbed-down and highly inaccurate summary:

Ones are crusader types who strive to uphold their moral code.
Twos are helpers and caretakers, hoping to be loved and appreciated
Threes are ambitious folks trying to perfect their skills and achieve reown
Fours are artists, trying to create a unique identity for themselves.
Fives are scientists, striving to understand the world around them
Sixes are loyalists, and persue a sense of security
Sevens are pleasure-seekers, seeking new experiences
Eights are control-freaks who assert themselves
Nines are passive people who avoid conflict

Often people are said to have some of the traits of one of the types adjacent to their own as well. These are called "wings". So a 1w2 would be a one with some 2 influences, whereas a 1w9 would have 9 influences.

Bulldog Psion
2012-07-26, 06:49 PM
Whoa there, no need to overreact. If you want enneagram types explained to you instead of reading the helpful link that was kindly provided, you could at least ask politely.

Admittedly, though, that thing does rival V for verbosity. I mean, I'm a writer by profession, and even to me that looks like an appalling wall of text. :smalleek:

irenicObserver
2012-07-27, 07:29 PM

The fact that the link to this esoteric and pedantic subject was not in the OP and had to be asked for makes it very inconsiderate in the first place. I'm sorry if I came off bitter but this really isn't very topical, especially since it sounds like an erudite way to discuss character traits in some sort of code.

The OP was two, very vague statements. Far be it from me to be apprehensive about it. :annoyed:

WoolenSocks
2012-07-31, 08:43 AM
The fact that the link to this esoteric and pedantic subject was not in the OP and had to be asked for makes it very inconsiderate in the first place. I'm sorry if I came off bitter but this really isn't very topical, especially since it sounds like an erudite way to discuss character traits in some sort of code.

The OP was two, very vague statements. Far be it from me to be apprehensive about it. :annoyed:

Yeah, sorry for jumping on you. I just felt that your post was unnecessarily hard on the OP. Obviously there are people here who are familiar with MBTI and enneagrams and are interested in talking about them in respect to the OOTS characters. I'm sure she didn't mean to make you feel left out. If you don't understand something, you can always ask. We'd be happy to explain.

Anyway, enneagram is about personality types, not character traits, but I personally find it the most interesting personality indicator to apply to fictional characters because it suggests a overarching motive and a deep fear/flaw, which is similar to how authors create characters. In my opinion, it works better on fictional people then on real ones!

Admittedly, though, that thing does rival V for verbosity. I mean, I'm a writer by profession, and even to me that looks like an appalling wall of text. :smalleek:

True! I wasn't objecting to what he said so much as the manner in which he said it.

BTW maybe you'll find this to be a better resource:

http://www.enneagraminstitute.com/

Here's a quiz to find your type:

http://www.9types.com/rheti/index.php

Feel free to add these to the OP, squid.

Tass
2012-08-17, 02:39 PM

I don't see how it was rude at all. Yes the OP presuppossed something that is not common knowledge, but we live in a time where google is available. It is not hard to google the words in the topic. He didn't keep anything secret, the subject is right there in the title.

It is easy to forget that what is common knowledge in certain circles may not be so in others. Especially if you work with a subject daily (have no idea if the OP does), you tend to think there are two groups of people, those who know the subject, and those who don't know the subject and probably don't care for it either. You tend to forget that there migth be a third group: Those who don't even know of the subject. The OP probably just thought "It could be interesting to discuss the personality types of the OotS" and then "Oh, there are people who don't know what enneagram is but are curious, I'll help out with a link" How is that in any way rude?

Anyway, it is obvious that there is after all quite a few people here who are familliar with both MBTI and enneagram. (Personally, I had a glancing knowledge of MBTI and had heard of enneagram but never checked it out, I am going to now.)