View Full Version : (IC): A Changing World [3.5] (Titian's sidestory)

zagan
2012-07-22, 01:45 PM
OOC; Before we begin I need to discuss a few thing with you. During this short sidequest Titian will participate in some sort of underground tournament (four fight) and in the final will fight against a bizarre of his own CR (after taking gestalt into consideration).
My question being do you wish to fight all four fight or skip directly to the final ?
I'm asking because the first two fight will be really easy, perhaps no ressource spent and max 2 rounds, three if they are lucky. The third is supposed to be a bit harder still fairly easy but may need more ressource. And the fourth one, the final, should be challenging and you'll need both your ki point and your pp for it.
I'll let you decid what you want to do. In either case we'll have some roleplaying too of course.

Beschoren
2012-07-23, 12:21 PM
(OOC: gimme them all! As you could see by now I'm a big fan of lots-of-creature-fighitng)

With a little help from Evlen, Titian finds himself in some kind of ilegal fight club... not really what he enjoys the most, but all that viciousness of the tortle since the change must stem off somehow. Better to have it blown in a controled seeting rather then getting trouble in the streets above.

zagan
2012-07-23, 03:34 PM
While he was training in the park, Titian was approched by a man, changed into some sort of insect, that remind Titian of a cockroach. The said that he was impressed by what little he has seen of Titian's abilities and that as he result he wish to invit to participate in a secret tournament. If Titian was interested he was supposed to come in a specific tavern and ask at the bar for Tristar, after the sun has goes down.
Curious Titian choose to accept the offer and did as told. With that he was show into a backroom where he food the cockroack man. The man was happy to see him and led Titian in an undergroud passageway. On the way he explained the rule of the tournament.
No magic item, mundane equipment would be provide instead.
No magical effect use on yourself before the fight begin.
And if possible try not to kill your foe, if only so he can fight again.
At the end of the passageway Titian and his guide reach an immense underground cavern and inside was build an arena, a big and solid looking building. Already a fair number of spetactor are waiting, most look like unsavory people but a few have the look of rich and bored men, or women for that matter.
Once inside the arean the man, Tristar, ask if Titian as any other question before begining.

Beschoren
2012-07-23, 10:22 PM
"Is there anyone fighitng in before me? I'de like to watch first. Who are the opponents? and also... if i cast a spell in battle that lasts a long time, it will be dispeled before the next fight?"

Titian seriously dosen't want to remove his magical itens in an ilegal underground aberration-killing arena. what if this is just a stunt to rob him? the tortle is no good to undesrtand and read people, so his best defense agasint schemes is not entering them at first - or bashing down the would-be scondrels as first.

He would only accept if he could keep his itens on his backpack. And his real wepon easy to draw.

(OOC: how many people are there? 20 or 200? the arena has any features for cover and concealment? do I keep backup wepons?)

side-sheet

str: 15
dex: 12
con: 16
int: 10
wis: 18
cha: 6

AC: 19
HP: 68
single mace attack: +10 (2d6+5)
full attack: +10/+5 (2d6+5), +7/+7 (1d6+2)
fort/ref/will: +9/+6/+8
ki uses: 8
29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle
-dimension slide (did i mention I was thinking on chaging this power?)

zagan
2012-07-24, 11:36 AM
OOC: Titian would have know that the fight were done without magic item if he had let me roleplay his encounter with the insect man, instead of suddendly being at the arena. That way he could have let them with his companion. :smallamused:

Tristar calmly respond to all Titian question, "You are fighting in the third preliminary round and you are allowed to watch the other. And yes if your magical effect last until the start of your next fight it will be dispelled."
He pause after this explanation before continuing, "For your magic items you can either leave them in an individual vault here or keep them in your backpack but if you use them during the fight you will be disqualified immediatly."
While telling you that he show you to a room full of basic gear, armor in all size, all sort of weapon and even in the back an old but solid executionner mace.

Once equipped Titian take a peek to look at the arena again, but from the inside now.
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/721560Arenaencounterprep.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=721560Arenaencounterprep.gif)
Taking a quick count he can see nearly 150 spectators, the interior of the arena itself is bare apart from big puddle of... well Titian really hope it's just mud.

Beschoren
2012-07-25, 08:13 PM
Titian decides to put his itens on the backpack - better to be safe then sorry. He watches the first match to get a glimpse on the competitors and on jsut how dirty they fight.

as for basic gear he takes 10 javalins, a longspear, and an executioner's mace. 50 shurikens are also handy. He takes up simple white cloaths, to bathe in the blood of his enemies.

"who, exaclty, fights here? mercenaries? free knights? monsters?"

zagan
2012-07-26, 03:36 AM
Tristar guide Titian to the balcony where he can observe the first fight. He can see an humanoid pig equiped with a big club facing a dwarf using a rapier.
While Titian watch the fight, Tristar explain, "All sort of people fight here, monster rarely, they lack restraint. Adventure passing through town are common, mercerany too, soldier occasionaly."
While he listen to the explanation Titian follow the fight below, the dwarf try using some sort of magic on the pig but it fail and the pig manage to close the distance striking hard with his club. The dwarf barelly avoid it. From this point on the pig press his advantage and the dwarf has a hard time defending himself. Finally a powerful blow from the pig throw the dwarf on the ground and he is unable to get up. The spectator scream in delight after this interesting fight.
Tristar speak up again while the dwarf is evacuate by two human wearing cleric robe. "We need to go only one fight before it's your turn."
As Titian go back undert he arena he can see the pig leavin the arena and an insect gnome and a winged halfling entering it.

OOC: Any last question before your first fight ?

Beschoren
2012-07-26, 08:19 AM
"Ok, I'm ready"

Titian was a bit worried he would be out of magic itens... but so will his competitors (he hopes), and since he won't be fighiting mosnters he belives all with be ok

zagan
2012-07-27, 01:46 PM
As Titian prepare himself for battle he catch the end of the fight betwen the gnome and the halfling. The halflinf was using a bow and fighting from the air, the gnome try at best as he could to avoid the arrow but finally one struck him in the torso. Quickly men goes to heal the gnome while the halfling does figure in the air to celebrate.
Once they're gone Titian enter the arena followeb by is adversary. An humanoid creature covered in purple fur armed with a club. It only grunt toward Titian.
When you are both in position the signal to start is given.

OOC: Roll for initiative
Creature init: [roll0]
(If you win you can double post for your action.

Map

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/385796Arenaencounterprelim1.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=385796Arenaencounterprelim1.gif)

http://img269.imageshack.us/img269/1870/titian.gif: Titian

Beschoren
2012-07-28, 10:52 AM
Ok, time to hurt animals.

Innitiative [roll0]

side-sheet

29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

Beschoren
2012-07-28, 10:56 AM
When the signal is given Titian jumps in, dealing several blows in sucession. Hopefully he will destroy this enemy withou revealing his most important skills

Manifest hustle as a swift action
close in
full round attack
mace [roll0], [roll1], SA [roll2]
mace [roll3], [roll4], SA [roll5]
tentacle [roll6], [roll7], SA [roll8]
tentacle [roll9], [roll10], SA [roll11]

zagan
2012-07-29, 08:53 AM
To everyone shock Titian move suddendly and deliver four attack in quick succesion. His foe manage to avoid the first three but the fourth attack hit him directly in the head and he fall to the ground unconcious.
Stunned silence fill the arena before a resounding cheer come from all the spectator. Some people come to take the purple fur being away while Titian bask in the glory of his victory.

OOC: As planned a very quick victory, any preparation before the next fight ? (apart from looking at fight of the others).

Beschoren
2012-07-29, 05:28 PM
Titian uncerimoniously weaves at the crowd and it's ready to go.

He's just a bit unhappy he missed do many strikes, but on the next fights he would amed that.

init: [roll0]

zagan
2012-07-30, 03:43 PM
After his quick victory Titian go back on the spectator side of the arena to watch to following match. First he see a short encounter betwen a very buff goblin and an humanoide bird made of jelly, like Michael on occasion. The goblin won very fast by jumping on the bird and grappling him to the ground. Then a see what appear to be a zombie fight against a green ogre. Surprisingly the zombie won, he simply touch the ogre who immediatly look weaker, the fight end shortly thereafter. After that the combat is between a moving stone statue of an elf against a minotaur with flower in place of hair. the Minotaur won without much trouble but it take sometime because the efl was surprisingly resilient.
The following fight was a big purple humanoid with a weird folding skin against a kobold with red scales that breath some sort of energy. But the humanoid simply ignore it and smash the kobold into the ground. And the last fight of the preliminary was an orc against some sort of devil looking being that breath lighting, the devil won by flying in the air breating occasionally on the orc who could do anything with his sword.
After that there is a recess to allow for every warrior to rest and for the public to place bet.
The quarter final begin with a fight between the Humanoid Pig and the devil looking man. Once again the strategy of the devil that consist in flying away from his foe and breathing lighting on him worked very well. The pig couldn't do anything against it.

Finally it's Titian turn again, this time against the Minotaur.

OOC: You won initiative, I roll the minotaur init in the main ooc thread.

Map:
http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/850386Arenaencounterquart1.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=850386Arenaencounterquart1.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-01, 08:19 PM
Altought Titian would love to put up a show to the crowd, he finds it better to keep his secret skills secret until the right moment. He simpy does the same thing he did on the last time: manifests hustle to close in quickly and destroy his enemy before it could do anything about the fight

swift: manifest hustle to gain a move action
move: close-in
full round attack
mace [roll0], damage [roll1], SA [roll2]
mace [roll3], damage [roll4], SA [roll5]
tentacle [roll6], damage [roll7], SA [roll8]
tentacle [roll9], damage [roll10], SA [roll11]

side-sheet

23/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

zagan
2012-08-02, 02:30 PM
Once again Titian is the first to act and it's decisive. He land two blow, one with his strange mace and one with his tentacle. Immediatly the Minotaur fall down gravelly wound.
Again the spectator cheer for him, but perhaps a little less, some of them seem to be prefer longer fight.
As Titian reenter the arena, Tristar join him. "Titian my boy, excellent show once again. Still could you prolong the fight a little next time, please ?"

OOC: I had hoped that he would survive one round (or act first). Ah well it was just an appetizer anyway.

Beschoren
2012-08-02, 06:30 PM
"Titian my boy, excellent show once again. Still could you prolong the fight a little next time, please ?"

"It's not my fault they are so squishy. Big fights come with big foes. have you ever tried mechanic giant scorpions? those are a pain."

zagan
2012-08-05, 03:28 PM
Tristar look dubious at that, "Hum, yes, I'll think about it."
After that he let you go on the stand to look at the following fight.
It's the goblin against the flying halfling, again the halfling fly away and use is bow to spnie the goblin. It has a much harder time hitting and the goblin manage to hit him a few time either with small throwing axe or at one point with a claw attack after an impressive jump. Still the halfling won in the end.
After that it was the man with the strange purple skin against the zombie-like being. The man seem immune to the weakeaning power of the zombie and make short work of him with his axe, killing him.
The is another short recces before the first demi-final began, Titian against the devil-like man. The specatator are visibly hopping to see more from Titian this time.

OOC: Devil init [roll0], if you won you can double post to act.

Edit: Your really lucky, you can act without rolling init.:smallamused:

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/949823Arenaencounterdemi.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=949823Arenaencounterdemi.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-05, 10:24 PM
Somehow Titian manages to be quiker to act yet again. His strategy so far was a pretty good winner (at least while he can act first), so no need to change it. The crowd can suck, He here to win, not to give a show.

siwft: hustle, then full round

mace [roll0], damage [roll1], SA [roll2]
mace [roll3], damage [roll4], SA [roll5]

20/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

Beschoren
2012-08-05, 10:27 PM
your wording left me a bit confused when I re-read it, so here init
[roll0]

I'll also put an AoO
mace[roll1], [roll2]
tentacle[roll3], [roll4]

zagan
2012-08-08, 02:15 PM
OOC: I said that you won because I though that your init modifier was +7 and in that case you couldn't lose. But it was probably item based.

The devil-like man is wound twice by Titian first assault, but still stand strong he immediatly fly away hopping to avoid any further attack. Titian manage to score one more blow with his mace before the devil is too far for him.

He move nearly up to the celling of the cave, something like 50ft up. It does nothing else, seemingly trying to recover from those blow.

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/269698Arenaencounterdemi2.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=269698Arenaencounterdemi2.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-09, 05:14 PM
Titian insults the demon as it fly away, making sure only that opponent would hear "You chiken."

After that, Titian drops his executioner's Mace and vanishes in thin air, becoming invisible. At best just a few people in the seats would see his footprints.

free: drop wepon
swfit: 2 ki uses to stay invisible for 2 rounds
move: draws borrowed longspear as moves to under the demon (R-16? Q-14?)
Standard: expends 7 pp to get into huge size for 7 rounds

AoO (huge longspear): [roll0], damage [roll1]

str: 15 (19)
dex: 12 (8)

AC: 19 (15)
ki uses: 6/8
13/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

zagan
2012-08-11, 02:41 PM
Note: When opponent (or allies) are flying, I put them on the map in the square they actually occupy and then specify the altitude with some text next to them. In that case the devil was in Q11/R12 last round. As consequence I've put you as close to the devil as I could.

The public rejoice when they see that this combat will last at least a little longer, a number of them do boo the devil for fleeing. They are all surprised when Titian suddendly turn invisible. They seem eager to see what will happen next.

The devil seem very surprise to see Tiitan dissapear, he look around frantically before claming himself with a deep breath. A move only a little, closer to the stand, and then for some reason briefly glow a very pale blue.

OOC: 5-foot step (just outside your threatened area) and then did something. Your turn.
And to answer your follow up question, Titian does not know if the devil can detect him or not.

Map:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/698279Arenaencounterdemi3.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=698279Arenaencounterdemi3.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-14, 08:10 PM
Titian, still invisible, take a fir foot step to chase his enemy. after that, he lands another series of blows to take down the anoying flying thingie.

longspear [roll0], damage [roll1], SA [roll2]
longspear [roll3], damage [roll4], SA [roll5]

Beschoren
2012-08-14, 08:12 PM
One of the speartrusts is about to piecer the creature's blackend heart. Titian does hot hesitate to kill him if it comes to that.

crit:[roll0], extra damage , SA [roll1]

zagan
2012-08-15, 10:05 AM
OOC: I'm sorry Its probably not clear on the map, but you can't just five foot step closer, there's a wall in your way. You could either make a jump check, at least 5 feet up (move action), one attack (standard) and fall back down (free).
Or simpler take out a range weapon.

Beschoren
2012-08-16, 05:56 PM
Titian could just have picked it's bow and started shooting, but spearhunting is much more enthusiastic

Titian takes a jump to get the demon in reach and stabs him good

jumo check (5 feet tall)[roll0]: DC 20
Due to great leap ninja class feature, i don't need a runing start and get a +4 bonus on the jump

single longspear attack [roll1], damage [roll2], SA [roll3] (i had previsouly forgotten the +2 to attack from invisibility)

Beschoren
2012-08-16, 05:58 PM
Titian uses an action point to increase his d20 roll by [roll0]

confirm critical [roll1], extra [roll2]

zagan
2012-08-17, 01:58 PM
OOC: And you kill it, you have such luck ! Ha well i hope the final will be better. One question do you return to your normal size before ending the invisibility ?
Also you can roll init for the next fight that way it's done.

Beschoren
2012-08-17, 02:49 PM
Titian shows up again from invisibility moments after he stabs the winged devil. He's still in supersize and makes a small flourish with the spear as a show-off to the crowd before returning to his normal size. After he's back on normal he greets the crowd, takes back his ex-mace and leaves for the next fight, hoping the winged halfling gets wasted. Titian could't afford much more supersize manifestations...

on his way to his bench to watch the next fight, he raises his shoulders at Tristar "Well this time the fight was 3 times longer"

init [roll0] (ouch)

zagan
2012-08-18, 02:52 PM
When the devil man is suddendly wound and began falling to the ground everyone is surprised, thankfully his wings snap open when he fall and he land gently on the ground of the arena. Well it's corpse land gently. The public is even more astonished when a giant Titian reapper and then turn back to normal. They are so surprised that by the time they start clapping and cheering he is already back in the backstage.
Both the halfling and the big purple man are observing him carrefully, they seem wary but eager to fight him.
Tristar is all smile and make a thumb up at Titian.

After thing have calm down, and the corpse of the devil man removed from the arena, the fight betwen the flying halfling and the brutal purple man begin. The halfling is again faster and goes in the air but the man is hardly wound by his arrow and began throwing javelin at him. He does not always hit but when he does he severely wound his foe. When a javelin miss him by less than an inch the halfling choose to surrender.

Finally the time of the final as come, the public seem to be very excited by the upcoming fight. Both being step in the arena, both are eager to begin.

When the gong sound, it's the goliath who react before Titian, immediatly he seem to grown in size. But not int he same way as Titian, it's more bulging muscle and longer limb.
He jump toward Titian and strike twice at him with his massive axe.

OOC:
Free action: become large somehow.
Swift action: Jump ten feet somehow
Full-round: Full attack:

Att: [roll0] // Dmg: [roll1] + [roll2] (not sneak attack)
Att: [roll3] // Dmg: [roll4] + [roll5] (not sneak attack)

OOC: I didn't roll init because it was an auto-win

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/733342Arenaencounterfinal.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=733342Arenaencounterfinal.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-18, 03:32 PM
Titian is greatly surprised by the axe-wielding creature and takes 2 powerfull hits. if he's hit again, the tournment will not end as it's suposed to be.

The tortle is forced to put himself invisible and use his mutant powers

ouch, 57 damage
fast heals 1 damage
swift action: 2 ki uses to kepp invisible for 2 rounds
5 foot step into P-17

full attack, 2 on power attack
ex-mace [roll0], damage [roll1], SA [roll2]
ex-mace [roll3], damage [roll4], SA [roll5]

Free action after full round: extra 5 foot step from leg mutation into O18

move silently so he donset' realize I moved from P-17: [roll12]

HP: 12/68
ki uses: 6/8
8/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

zagan
2012-08-18, 03:57 PM
OOC: Immediate action, reaction to your first attack (despite invisibility yes, but in this case it's justified)

Titian first attack easily hit apparently dealing some good damage, but less than expect because the purple man move at the last instant. (No sneak attack damage)
The problem come when Titian try to retrive his weapon to attack again. It seem to be stuck in the flesh of his foe !

OOC: Make an opposed attack roll against that: [roll0], if you fail your are disarmed and your weapon is stuck in the body of your foe.

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/733342Arenaencounterfinal.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=733342Arenaencounterfinal.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-18, 04:59 PM
[roll0] (DC unbeatable)

continues the rest of the full attack regardless

zagan
2012-08-19, 07:57 AM
From the start Titian is in a bad position, but he turn invisible and try to retaliate.
His first attack land but he lose his weapon, he continue attacking with his tentacle and land two more attack. Each time the man move at the last instant to minimise the damage (no SA). And Titian can already see the wound begining to close.

The purple man for his part does not attack again but instead close his eyes and wait with his axe in hand.

OOC: No visible action this round.

Map:
http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/162066Arenaencounterfinal2.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=162066Arenaencounterfinal2.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-20, 03:54 PM
How the hell I'm gonna beat that guy?

Titian falls back to O-21 and manifest Vigor, regaining some vitality

move silent to O-21: [roll0]
spends 7 power points to gain 35 temporary hp. fast heals 1 point of damage
move action: draw longspear (?)

OOC: so he negates my best wepon, my best tactic, strikers harder and should have more HP, gonna have to use action pointys and dirty stuff. I have an ordinary ex-mace as a backup wepon. can I draw it normally instead of the longspear? also, can I teleport outside the ring and into the public's row to shoot him down?

HP: 13/68, +35 temporary
ki uses: 4/8
8/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

zagan
2012-08-21, 12:32 PM
OOC Post:
Is poor Titian afraid ? :smalltongue:

I have an ordinary ex-mace as a backup wepon. can I draw it normally instead of the longspear?

Yes.

also, can I teleport outside the ring and into the public's row to shoot him down?

Yes, but take care of not killing anyone by accident.

Perhaps, I don't remember but you can exchange it at your next level up.

Dm rolls:
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]

Edit: in any case don't worry even if you lose now, you won't die it would create a time paradox. And this tournament is suppose to happen on the thrid day of your stay in Clertep so I can still create situation where you fight a CR 8 (adjusted for gestalt) bizarre creature.

zagan
2012-08-22, 12:33 PM
Titian step away from his foe, still invisible and moving as simently as possible to gain some respite.
Meanwhile the pruple man still do not move. For the first time you can hear him speak up, his voice his gravelly and resonate all over the arena.
"So your previous victory were only the result of luck and trickery. When confronted with a stronger foe, you hide and flee. In the end you are a coward nothing more." After saying that he grab the mace stuck to his body and with a mighty pull grab it in hand, then he let it fall to the ground in a mud puddle.
The public seem to appreciate the banter and some scream for you to fight.

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/248498Arenaencounterfinal3.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=248498Arenaencounterfinal3.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-23, 09:12 PM
Titian pops back into visibility, but only for a short second. He vanishes from sight again and smites his foe with the most massive blow he can afford. He really could't care less about his tauting nor the demmands of the crowd. He's there to kill, and that's it.

swift: 2 ki uses, invisibility for 2 rounds
charge attack. power attack 7. uses action point to enhance the power attack feat (-1/+4)
ex-mace [roll0], damage [roll1], SA :smallfrown:

after the attack, Titian uses his mutant powers to take a free five foot step to P16, closer to his other ex-mace

zagan
2012-08-24, 02:19 PM
Everyone is surprised By Titian brief return to visibility, but they can see the effect of his attack when a huge gash appear on the shoulder of the purple man.
Again he try to grab the weapon with his own flesh. (Disarm check: [roll0])

The purple man try to retaliate but each time strike only empty air. (he targeted the wrong square)

OOC: Remenber that you have a limited number of bonus five-foot step per day. (1/4HD, so two) You've just run out.

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/352726Arenaencounterfinal4.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=352726Arenaencounterfinal4.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-24, 05:05 PM
disarm check: [roll0] (considers attack modifiers such as power attack, charge and invisibility. also considers +4 for using a large wepon)

Beschoren
2012-08-24, 05:13 PM
Titian press on wildly, using all the power he can unleash. He knows that his advantage lies on invisibility, and that it won't last forever.

Despite losing wis wepon, the one that was just released by the goliath soon desapears and finds his flesh again

swift action: manifest hustle to gain a move action
extra move action: pick up executioner's mace from P15. If i can't pick up the mace from were I'm standing, I'll take a five foot step to P15 to pick it up. since I'm invisible, I'm pretty sure there won't be an AoO.

full round attack, no PA, considers +2 from invisibility
mace [roll0], damage [roll1]
mace [roll2], damage [roll3]
tentacle [roll4], damage [roll5]
tentacle [roll6], damage [roll7]

If I did not use my five foot step to stand in the square the mace is, I'll take a five foot step after the attack to P17. I was well aware of the limitations of the extra free 5 foot step.

fast heals 1

HP: 14/68, +35 temporary
ki uses: 2/8
5/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle

zagan
2012-08-26, 12:14 PM
Titian press his attack on, he quickly move to pick up his mace which dissapered in his hand and attack. His first blow land, but not the second and both tentacle hit.
By this point the purple man had received multiple bleeding wound, still it's not enough and Titian can see that he his healing just like him, perhaps even faster.

OOC: You need to move in P15 to pick up the mace.

The purple man now knowing Titian position after seeing the mace dissapear attack in earnest.

Att: [roll0] // Dmg: [roll1] + [roll2]
Miss chance: [roll3] (need 51 or more)

Att: [roll4] // Dmg: [roll5] + [roll6]
Miss chance: [roll7] (need 51 or more)

Map:

http://img15.hostingpics.net/pics/689729Arenaencounterfinal5.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=689729Arenaencounterfinal5.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-27, 12:14 PM
The Goliath misses his attacks thanks to Titian invisibility. Titian keeps pressing on, hoping his most important skill keep him alive until he drops the gaint.

power attack 4! considering +2 from invisibility
[roll0], damage [roll1]
[roll2], damage [roll3]
[roll4], damage [roll5]
[roll6], damage [roll7]

after full round, five foot step to P16. move silent [roll8]

HP: 15/68, +35 temporary
ki uses: 2/8
5/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle
-dimension slide

zagan
2012-08-28, 12:21 PM
Titian manage to strike trhee times far some impressive damage.
The purple man is by now really wound after all those blow, still healing fairly fast however.
He clearly heard Titian move and strike twice again.

Att: [roll0]] // Dmg: [roll1]] + [roll2]
Miss chance: [roll3] (need 51 or more)

Att: [roll4]] // Dmg: [roll5]] + [roll6]
Miss chance: [roll7] (need 51 or more)

Edit: One hit but you live because of vigor. You may win after all. Depending on the next round I think.

Map:

http://img11.hostingpics.net/pics/887953Arenaencounterfinal6.gif (http://www.hostingpics.net/viewer.php?id=887953Arenaencounterfinal6.gif)

Beschoren
2012-08-28, 12:50 PM
Titian dosen't even have to dodge the 1º attack but the second hits him hadrdly, taking away all the vitality he had boosted himself with.

When he appers back from invisibility, he shows a large grim to the purple man, despite all the blood both are losing. He disapears again and makes several attacks with much strenght.

Titian stays put after the attacks. The opponent might belive Titian silently moved again after his attacks. May he think that...

siwft action to turn invisible for 2 rounds. last daily uses of ki.
full attack, power attack 3, considers +2 from invisibility
[roll0], damage [roll1]
[roll2], damage [roll3]
[roll4], damage [roll5]
[roll6], damage [roll7]

okey, so that's 199 damage delt so far in 14 hits if his AC is 11... too bad he prevented 42d6 in sneak attacks

HP: 16/68, +1 temporary
ki uses: 0/8
5/29 PP
-vigor
-expansion
-offensive precognition
-detect hostile intent
-damp power
-hustle
-dimension slide

zagan
2012-08-28, 02:50 PM
With one final strike of his tentacle Titian kill his foe, who immediatly shrunk down a little before falling to the ground on his back with his eyes open and covered in dark purple blood.
Titian reappered also covered in blood in not much better shape than his foe. The arena is silent for an instant before the public errupt in joy, throwing flowers in the arena and screaming in delight.

OOC: I'll let Titian reveal in his hard won victory, roleplay it any way you want and then we'll wrap it up.

For info the purple man was a bizarre goliath. And he did not have more than 200hp, but he did have DR 2, fast healing 3 and temp hp with the stone power feat.

I also have a question, why didn't you use expansion to become huge, wouldn't it have made the fight much easier for you by increasing your damage output ?

Beschoren
2012-08-28, 04:03 PM
Titian drops his foe with the last tentacle hit, but still has a last moment of invisibility - wich he uses to behead the said goliath with the slashing side of his wepon... it may seem brutal, but Titian is not one to give second chances to powerfull regenerating foes when he is nearly depleted of power, ki, and vitality himself.

Once visible, Titian slowly weaves to the crowd in all directions, aprecciating his victory and the cheers. He surely never had such an audience before, and might return to fight again one day. Even so, he's not exalted in joy like many of the expectors. he only mutters under his breath "well, it went like expected afterall..."

Titian then takes his executioner's mace out of the goliath's body, takes the decapitated head, and strides toward the exit. He looks at Tristar on his way and says "Now that was quite the fight. It even got me worried for a moment! Still, next time just put me up with the champion, allright?"

With one final strike of his tentacle Titian kill his foe, who immediatly shrunk down a little before falling to the ground on his back with his eyes open and covered in dark purple blood.
Titian reappered also covered in blood in not much better shape than his foe. The arena is silent for an instant before the public errupt in joy, throwing flowers in the arena and screaming in delight.

OOC: I'll let Titian reveal in his hard won victory, roleplay it any way you want and then we'll wrap it up.

For info the purple man was a bizarre goliath. And he did not have more than 200hp, but he did have DR 2, fast healing 3 and temp hp with the stone power feat.

I also have a question, why didn't you use expansion to become huge, wouldn't it have made the fight much easier for you by increasing your damage output ?

Yeah I imagined he had about that amount of DR and fast healing. Challaging fight, very good! The goliath wouldn't take sneak attacks but thankfully he could not see me or even blind-fight me. You managed to give a dangerous foe who is resistent to important parts of my tactis but not to all of them, very well DMed.

I didn't have enought power points left to a propper expansion. I should have just shot that winged devil instead of using 7 pp and an action point just to get him from the skyes in melle.

if the fight kept on and on after my invisibility was gone I was going to the the longspear and prepare my action vs charge for double damage, or using hustle and tumble to deliver full rounds while avoiding full rounds

zagan
2012-08-30, 08:10 AM
Tristar seem a little shocked to see that Titian has cut the head of the purple man but simply nod when talk to.
Finally he seem to find his voice again, "Congratulation champion you were awesome there, the public won't forget you. Why don't you go clean up a little and then we'll talk about your reward. It's better to leave last anyway avoid a few problem that way."
he show to Titian a room with warm bucket of water and clean towel.

Once Titian his clean he join Tristar in his office. "Now for your reward, for religious reason, well because of the control the various clergy has on the town we can't simply give big monetary reward just like that. Still for exploit like that we can do something, and it might be even better by some respect."
He take out a golden ring out of his pocket and give it to Titian.
"If you wear this and show it to the right people in town, you'll be grant a fair number of privilege. If you are looking for information just ask around and those that recognize it will help you. If you are searching for rare or dangerous item that may normally be, let's say, hard to find it may be particularly useful. If you want to sell item that you find during your adventure, it may allow you to find better buyer. lot of people know what this ring mean."

After that he motion for Titian to follow him, guiding him back to the surface. He give him a burlack sac for the head.
On the way back Tristar make iddle chatter, as you reach the surface he make one remark that caught Titian interest. "But damn you turtle people are really strong. The last one that come through here, it was what a month before the change , yeah something like that. he look a lot like you but with a red mask. A tradition i suppose, he use those two weird dagger. He won too, not very talkative either. I don't know where your people come from but I wouldn't want to go to war if you are all like that."

OOC: The ring of champion is sort of an equivalent of what being an agent of clertep is but with the underground sort of people.
I'll consider the head enough for you to study and qualify for the Prc.
As for the hint at the end you do whatever you want with it. End of the sidequest (but you can post again here if you want to add something.

Beschoren
2012-08-30, 04:33 PM
Titian is so surprised on hearing that another tortle went to the arena he almost turns agressive go gain more information. Thankfully his victory in the arena calms him down... somewhat

"WHAT?" he says surprised "Another turtle man came here?? The only other tortles I've ever knew were my brothers! we were orphans and raised by monks, but all 4 of them they were captured years ago!"

"What else do you know of him!? were he came from and were did he go?? who else was with him?? It must have been Ralphael by the way you describe it!"

Titian is clearly aggitated by such news and might not even realize he could be scaring tristar off with these questions

(OOC: did I mention Titian is the name of a famous renascense painter?)

zagan
2012-09-01, 12:36 PM
Tristar is clearly frightened by Titian sudden outburst, but he does eventually respond.
"I don't know much, he didn't stay long in town, a few day at most. He was searching for something or someone I don't know. I've encountered him when he was asking question to one of my associate, he look strong so I ask him to come to the arena. He agreed immediatly, seem that he was angry for some reason and want to hurt someone. He left the day after winning, to the north I think."

(OOC: did I mention Titian is the name of a famous renaiscense painter?)

Yes, but he probably wasn't that famous. Never heard of him.

DM NOTE: I think we can stop here with this sidequest. Tristar won't know more than that and if Titian want to learn more he can ask around when he get back from his travel in the desert.

Also second thing, you can drop Titian association with the seven ravens oragnization. I've never used it in the game, you are the only member in the party with such ties and it just seem superfluous. In another game perhaps but forget it for this one.