PDA

View Full Version : Legacy of the Six [D&D 3.5 Legacy weapons] (WIP PEACH)

Lohj
2012-07-23, 01:24 AM
The Six Legendary Warriors were laid to rest in eons past. Now, their legacy continues in their weapons. These items of power will grant their users great strength, and enable them to change the world, forever.

http://images.wikia.com/yugioh/images/3/3e/SixSamuraiUnited-TF04-JP-VG.png
Image courtesy of Yugioh.Wikia.com's Falzar Z

Yaichi’s Bow: +3, Shrouded, Frost, Masterwork Longbow.

{table]Level|Attack Penalty|Check Penalty|Abilities
10th|||+3 Shrouded, Frost Longbow
11th||-1|Sniper's Eye
12th|||Shift Water
13th|||Distance
14th|-1||Enchanting Quiver
15th||-2|+4 Spell Sealing 1/day
16th|||Seeking
17th|||Spell Sealing 3/day
18th|-2||Lock On
19th|||Exit Wound
20th|||+5 Spell Sealing at-will[/table]

Shift Water: At will, the wield of Yaichi’s Bow make remove all water on his bow, on his clothing, or at their feet into a fog around them. For every 5lbs (5ft of 1inch thick water) of water converted this way, the archer gains a +1 to AC for 1 round. The fog generated doesn’t block the wielder’s line of sight. After the round, the water condenses and forms at the wielder's feet. The maximum AC bonus is equal to 1/2 the wielder's level.

Sniper’s Eye: By using a full round action, the wielder of the bow makes an attack with the critical strike chance being 18-20/x3 instead of x3.

Enchanting Quiver: As long as the wielder has a quiver of arrows with at least one (1) magic arrow in it, they will never run out of arrows. EX: A quiver with only a +2 arrow in it is considered to be full of +2 arrows.

Spell Sealing: When attacking a creature with spell slots or spontaneous spells left, the wielder can reduce the damage he dealt by a number equal to the highest spell slot currently available to the target, and remove that spell from the target. If multiple spells are available to be removed, then the target is removed randomly. This ability is activated at-will by the wielder, and is usable once per day at level 15, three times a day at level 17, and at level 20, this ability can be used at will.

Lock On: once per day, by using a full round action, the Wielder can combine the bonuses of his attacks into one attack. EX: A 15th level fighter will have a BAB of +15/+10/+5, and can combine the 15 and 5 into a +20 attack bonus once per day. The maximum bonus is equal to 20.

Irou’s Nodachi: +3, Shadowy, Disruption, Masterwork Nodachi (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Nodachi_%283.5e_Equipment%29).

10th|||+3 Shadowy, Disruption, Masterwork Nodachi
11th||-1|Lurk in Shadows
12th|||Murky Reflexes
13th|||Deflecting
14th|-1||Shadow Shift
15th||-2|+4 Defense Sealing 1/day
16th|||Ghost Touch
17th|||I Can SEE You (60ft)
18th|-2||Shadow Shroud
19th|||Vorpal
20th|||+5 Defense Sealing at-will[/table]

Lurk in Shadows: While in low light or darker, or in an area that is filled with shadows, the wielder of Irou’s Nodachi gains a +5 bonus to Hide, Move Silently, and Tumble checks.

Murky Reflexes: While in low light or darker, or in an area that is filled with shadows, the wielder of Irou’s Nodachi gains a +3 dodge bonus to Reflex saves and a +1 bonus to AC. The bonus to AC increases by 1 every 4 levels after 12 (+2 at 16, and +3 at 20).

Shadow Shift: While in low light or darker, or in an area that is filled with shadows, the wielder of Irou’s Nodachi gains the ability to move between shadows as Dimension Door, but the range is limited to character level x 10, and the wielder must have line of sight. This is a move action that doesn’t provoke an attack of opportunity.

Defense Sealing: Once per day, the wielder of Irou's Nodachi can reduce the damage he deals up to 1/2 his level to reduce his target's AC by the same amount for 5 rounds. At level 20, this ability can be used at will.

I Can SEE You: The wielder of Irou’s Nodachi gains Truesight (As true seeing, except noted below) and Blindsight out to 60ft. This ability can be toggled on or off at will with a free action. This Blindsight is functional in a vacuum, allows distinction of color, and Truesight can see through solid objects.

Shadow Shroud: At will, the wielder of Irou’s Nodachi can shroud the area around him out to 10 feet in shadows, allowing usage of all the abilities that require shadows.

Zanji’s Naginata: +3, Brilliant, Holy, Masterwork Naginata (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Naginata_%283.5e_Equipment%29).

10th|||+3 Brilliant, Holy, Masterwork Naginata
11th||-1|
12th|||
13th|||Keen
14th|-1||
15th||-2|+4
16th|||Vicious
17th|||
18th|-2||
19th|||Wounding
20th|||+5 [/table]

Yariza’s Yari: +3, Clean, Shocking, Masterwork Longspear.

10th|||+3 Clean, Shocking, Masterwork Longspear
11th||-1|
12th|||
13th|||Brilliant Energy*
14th|-1||
15th||-2|+4
16th|||Strength Sapping
17th|||
18th|-2||
19th|||Vampiric (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Vampiric_%283.5e_Equipment%29)
20th|||+5 [/table]
*Brilliant Energy is an at-will activation ability, thereby allowing the weapon to strike constructs, oozes, etc...

Nisashi’s Katana and Wakizashi: +4, Comfortable, Corrosive, Masterwork Bastard Sword (Katana) and Masterwork Short Sword (Wakizashi).

10th|||+3 Comfortable, Corrosive Masterwork Katana and Wakizashi
11th||-1|
12th|||
13th|||Defending
14th|-1||
15th||-2|+4
16th|||Disarming
17th|||
18th|-2||
19th|||Last Resort Wakizashi/Speed katana
20th|||+5 [/table]

Kamon’s Dynamite: +4, Smoky, Returning, Masterwork Shuriken (x6)

10th|||+3 Smoky, Returning Shuriken (x6
11th||-1|
12th|||
13th|||Explosive
14th|-1||
15th||-2|+4
16th|||Knockback*
17th|||
18th|-2||
19th|||Flaming
20th|||+5 [/table]

*Knockback hits all creatures hit by the Explosive ability

Lohj
2012-07-23, 01:25 AM
Thinking about giving each individual weapons abilities based on character level, with an HP or temporary Attribute cost or temporary attack/damage penalty. Thoughts?

Pyromancer999
2012-07-23, 06:22 AM
Thinking about giving each individual weapons abilities based on character level, with an HP or temporary Attribute cost or temporary attack/damage penalty. Thoughts?

I'd recommend looking at trying to make these Weapons of Legacy, if that's the case. It allows for the item's abilities to progress along with character level, often at some cost to the wielder, although I'd reduce such penalties if I were you, as most people agree the costs recommended are too steep.

Lohj
2012-07-24, 01:14 PM
Alright! I've begun the process of converting the items into Legacy Weapons, but am kinda at a loss for the rituals involved. Can someone give me some advice? I think I know how to start with them, but should I write a small, three section story for each of the six, or just the trials necessary to gain the next Legacy feat?