PDA

View Full Version : Zedpocalypse

rorikdude12
2012-07-23, 10:52 AM
You find yourselves in an unfurnished wooden barn with no windows, and hear footsteps outside. The barn door is barred shut from the inside with a stout wooden log. You seem to have been sleeping in piles of hay.

In the barn there is

A pitchfork

A picnic basket

The corpse of a man clad in leather armor

and a sealed barrel marked "GOOD ALE".

What dost thou do?

stanleyindraven
2012-07-23, 02:01 PM
"Well, we're all going to die if we just stand here. Hurry, check for anything useful or an escape route," Forrest will say to the others as he searches (roll in ooc).

dantiesilva
2012-07-23, 02:26 PM
Xanth wakes up and looks around. " Well I always knew that the shining one would one day challenge us. And it seems it is time." Xanth says before he hears one of those with him suggestion. " Good idea." And with that he begins searching the place for anything useful like an escape route or something he can turn into holy water or something useful later on.

rorikdude12
2012-07-23, 02:37 PM
Forrest and Xanth find, in addition to the aforementioned items,

A 10-ft ladder hidden in the rafters
and flask of a fiery red liquid in the hay bale Xanth was sitting on.

On the dead man, they find

A Long sword, a hatchet (hand ax) leather armor, two small sticks that seem to be coated in some strange substance, an unloaded Light Crossbow with 20 bolts in a case, a pouch with 1 day's worth of trail rations, and a half-filled water-skin.

The pouch and the water-skin, along with the case and the sticks, were kept in his backpack.

The dead man seemed to have killed himself with a bolt from his crossbow. The bolt is now unusable.

NinjaTBB
2012-07-24, 12:05 AM
"While you search about, I'll scan the area for any signs of malevolence."

He uses Detect Evil to scan the surrounding area.

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 09:09 AM
"While you search about, I'll scan the area for any signs of malevolence."

He uses Detect Evil to scan the surrounding area.

You sense that there is much evil. When you try to sense the individual auras, the vision flashes red and hurts your eyes. You get done stunned for 6 seconds, then you're fine.

NinjaTBB
2012-07-24, 10:37 AM
"I'm afraid there is some powerful and malign force outside these walls. We best prepare for a fight if we plan on leaving."

stanleyindraven
2012-07-24, 10:40 AM
"I have a plan," Forrest says as he sets the ladder against the wall opposite the door. He then grabs the hatchet, climbs the ladder and starts chopping a hole in the wall. "Figure we can try to get a better look this way, see what's around."

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 10:56 AM
Break that wall!! I'll assume Forrest is going at it for 30 seconds.
[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]
[roll4]

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-24, 11:11 AM
"Be careful," Idunn warned, the stout dwarf struggling out of the pile of Hay she'd spent the night sprawled in.

Brushing off stray strands of hay, the Dwarf strolled over to the picnic basket that was lying innocuously on the floor of the barn, and cautiously opened the basket, peering inside.

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 11:15 AM
Forrest breaks a good-sized hole in the wall, and sees several things...

https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1InS_-UJD5x5kBHEbkzCVEqcah1x2YWw79ANG0Md7w5E/edit

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 11:19 AM
the Dwarf strolled over to the picnic basket that was lying innocuously on the floor of the barn, and cautiously opened the basket, peering inside.

Inside is a strange ceremonial dagger, along with several jars of a glowing liquid. There is also a sealed envelope marked, "To the finder".

Croverus
2012-07-24, 11:23 AM
Brugard grumbles, leaning against one of the support beams of the barn, fiddling with his sword. He glances at the paladin and shrugs.

"Well we certainly can't spend too long in here. Only a matter of time before the abominations figure out how to get inside, or bring the barn down around us. I'd rather go otu fighting anyway."

He goes over to the body and takes the crossbow and bolts, checking both. He decides to climb up the ladder and get a look outside. "Let's see what kind of target practice we got out there."

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 11:26 AM
Brugard sees this: https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1...NG0Md7w5E/edit

Also, the folks outside are alerted to your presence. Roll initiative.

Croverus
2012-07-24, 11:31 AM
OOC: It says i don't have access to that document...

Edit: Rolled initiative in the ooc

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 11:41 AM
INITIATIVE
Skeletons
[roll0]
Cloaked Figures
[roll1]

stanleyindraven
2012-07-24, 11:47 AM
OOC: I cannot see google docs from here.

Initiative [roll0]

Croverus
2012-07-24, 12:21 PM
Minor Action: "There's someone being held captive out there!"

Move Action: Load the crossbow and take aim at the cloaked figure.

Standard action: Fire at the closest cloaked figure. [roll0] Doing [roll1] damage, +2 if its an undead.

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 01:42 PM
1st, The Skeletons lining the procession take aim at Brugard and Forrest and fire their shortbows.

Skeleton 1
Attack
[roll0]
Damage
[roll1]
Skeleton 2
Attack
[roll2]
Damage
[roll3]
Skeleton 3
Attack
[roll4]
Damage
[roll5]
Skeleton 4
Attack
[roll6]
Damage
[roll7]

2nd, the cloaked figure goes down. The bolt sticks in his back and he falls to the ground.

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 01:43 PM
[roll0] Confirming for the third skeleton, if so, [roll1]

rorikdude12
2012-07-24, 01:47 PM
Brugard is stuck in the ribs with two arrows. Take 5 damage.

Forrest has an arrow strike him decisively in the chest. Take 5 damage.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-24, 01:56 PM
On my initiative, Forrest is going to come down off the ladder and whine about the arrow.

Croverus
2012-07-24, 02:45 PM
Brugard snarls and tries using the barn wall to give himself cover formt heir shots, surprised he wasn't at least partially covered by the wall from their first volley.

Minor Action: "I could use a bit of healing guys."

Move Action: Moves to be hidden by the wall and reload the crossbow.

Standard Action: Fires out fo the hole, trying to get as much cover as possible. [roll0] (now firing one handed to maintain cover), doing [roll1] piercing damage, +2 to the undead skeletons.

NinjaTBB
2012-07-24, 03:22 PM
Kalitus turns to Brugard. "How many are there? Can we take them?" Kalitus runs to the barn door and gets ready to remove the log if necessary.

dantiesilva
2012-07-24, 10:45 PM
Xanth laughs at the two of them and said not to friendly. " Maybe if you waited for the group instead of jumping around like a mad person you would be fine." And with that he begins casting the spell to heal them.

casts cure light wounds from his Domain granted power and Cure minor wounds on Forest and Brugard.

Roll for Bridget [roll0]

Inititave [roll1]

After he heals the two he begins picking up the rest of the items that were left alone. Never knew when something would come in handy.

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-25, 02:38 AM
Idunn pales as Brugard and Forest are struck by a flight of arrows, and rushes over to them. She scurries over to the two of them, and looks out through the gap, trying to get a better view of their adversary.

"Are those humans...alive? She asks, shocked that the Skeletons and Zombies around them was still among the living, "Should we try to save them?"

Ready an action to duck away from the hole in the barn if attacked, getting back behind solid (or as solid as something that can be destroyed in 30 seconds with a hatchet can be) wood.

Initiative [roll0]

stanleyindraven
2012-07-25, 06:52 AM
"Trying to get a peek at how many undead are around just to find a necromancer and his body guards, not going to be a good day," Forrest says.

dantiesilva
2012-07-25, 07:37 AM
On Xanths turn he loads his light crossbow and readies it, aiming at the whole in the wall while he hides behind the bucket labeled good ale. " Should I read the letter?" He asks to the group not moving from his spot.

stanleyindraven
2012-07-25, 07:45 AM
"Yes, please," Forrest will grunt out.

rorikdude12
2012-07-25, 12:17 PM
Idunn pales as Brugard and Forest are struck by a flight of arrows, and rushes over to them. She scurries over to the two of them, and looks out through the gap, trying to get a better view of their adversary.

"Are those humans...alive? She asks, shocked that the Skeletons and Zombies around them was still among the living, "Should we try to save them?"

Ready an action to duck away from the hole in the barn if attacked, getting back behind solid (or as solid as something that can be destroyed in 30 seconds with a hatchet can be) wood.

Initiative [roll0]

Idunn sees the two remaining cloaked figures run off. The procession guarding the captives are proceeding forth.

Initiative Is

Skeletons (17)
Idunn (17)
Kalitus (13)
Forrest (11)
Xanth (10)
Brugard (9)
Cloaked Figures (6)
Procession

dantiesilva
2012-07-25, 09:18 PM
It has been 12 hours and thus I am adding a reply ps i did role initiative

Xanth looked at the voice that spoke and then nodded before he opened the letter and read what was in it. After he was done he readied his crossbow and pointed it at the door.

rorikdude12
2012-07-25, 10:36 PM
The letter said

I am sorry. I amso horribly sory. I had to take as many as I could to what I thought would be a safe haven. You were drugged, then brought here. I thought it would be safe, but I was wrong. In the basket is a knife (it's a good knife, and will serve you quite well)The knife is masterwork and several vials of holy water. Use them wisely. If you survive escaping this town, head southwest. A caravan bearing a blue flag will take you in.

I am so sorry.

Tedric Derrintsson, Alchemist of Whiteriver.

NinjaTBB
2012-07-25, 10:58 PM
[roll0] Initiative
Kalitus quickly scans the area beyond the door for the presence of evil (Standard Action use of Detect Evil). If there is an evil presence behind the door he will take out his shield and strap it to his arm (Move Action). If there is nothing to be sensed he will try to move the log from blocking the door. ([roll1] strength check; Move Action)

"Shall we be making an exit then gents?"

Croverus
2012-07-26, 03:34 AM
Xanth looked at the voice that spoke and then nodded before he opened the letter and read what was in it. After he was done he readied his crossbow and set up the one that was lying on the floor on the crate in front of him, also loaded that way it would take less time to load.

I already took that crossbow and I'm currently using it as a matter of fact.

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-26, 05:41 AM
Idunn ducked back behind the barn door, trying to minimize the risk of being shot at like the others had been

"Two people in cloaks just ran away, and the skeletons and zombies are heading towards us. Just thought that everyone should know" She voiced, before moving away from the wall and heading towards the other side of the barn, tapping on the wooden walls.

"I don't particularly want to be trapped in here once those undead get in, so I'm thinking we find another way out, and one that doesn't lead us towards the skeletons and zombies outside would be preferable" Idunn deadpanned, as she looked for a spot where they could break through without too much trouble

Search (untrained) [roll0]

rorikdude12
2012-07-26, 10:30 AM
Idunn ducked back behind the barn door, trying to minimize the risk of being shot at like the others had been

"Two people in cloaks just ran away, and the skeletons and zombies are heading towards us. Just thought that everyone should know" She voiced, before moving away from the wall and heading towards the other side of the barn, tapping on the wooden walls.

"I don't particularly want to be trapped in here once those undead get in, so I'm thinking we find another way out, and one that doesn't lead us towards the skeletons and zombies outside would be preferable" Idunn deadpanned, as she looked for a spot where they could break through without too much trouble

Search (untrained) [roll0]
Maybe the door? In any case, the hole made could be broken more and then moved through...

[roll0] Initiative
Kalitus quickly scans the area beyond the door for the presence of evil (Standard Action use of Detect Evil). If there is an evil presence behind the door he will take out his shield and strap it to his arm (Move Action). If there is nothing to be sensed he will try to move the log from blocking the door. ([roll1] strength check; Move Action)
"Shall we be making an exit then gents?"
You sense the same evil that you did before. You are stunned. After such another episode, you strap the shield on.

Croverus
2012-07-26, 10:48 AM
Knowledge religion check to see if Brugard knows In Character the best way to deal witht he skeletons and zombies. Skeleotns: [roll0], Zombies: [roll1]
Will edit with other actions after I get the results.

rorikdude12
2012-07-26, 03:36 PM
@Croverus
Brugard knows that the best way to deal with sekeltons is (A) bludgeoning weapons or (b) magic or (c) explosives. For Zombies it's (A) slashing weapons or (B) fire or (C) acid or (D) magic. Holy water works well on either one.

NinjaTBB
2012-07-26, 07:38 PM
You sense the same evil that you did before. You are stunned. After such another episode, you strap the shield on.

OOC: That's why I specifically only did it for one standard action, stunning is only possible during the second round.

"I believe there to be more outside the front door. What is the best way to approach this?" He says glancing back and forth between his comrades and the doors.

dantiesilva
2012-07-26, 09:07 PM
Xanth says confidently raising up his crossbow in one hand and his holy symbol in the other and says "By the burning light of the shining one we shall get through this wickedness of those who follow The dark one. And with that he moves over to the others and says "we should dip the arrows in holy water that way they are all blessed by the gods to smite these abominations." and then he waits to see if the others agree.

Croverus
2012-07-27, 05:36 AM
Brugard comes down from the rafters to avoid getting shot while he offers what he knows to the group. "Skeletons and Zombies both shrug away stabbing and piercing attacks. For the skeletons, try smashing them to pieces. Zombies, hacking them up works well. Magic and holy water hurt both of course. Skeletons are pretty easy to blow up, zombies burn and melt pretty easilly. I'll get to the front, get the attention of some of the horde. I can take down zombies pretty easilly with my waraxe. I'll need casters focusing down the skeletons so they don't keep shooting us. Someone should go check on those civilians." He puts the light crossbow in his backpack and pulls out his axe, tapping it to his shield and muttering something. "Whenever you guys are ready, lets get these doors open."

NinjaTBB
2012-07-27, 10:13 AM
"Got it, let's go then." He now removes the log from the door (STR check [roll0]; move action), and opens the door (another move action).

rorikdude12
2012-07-27, 10:48 AM
Here's the new map!!!
https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1xLlbdFkWCw0MvMqdfXgcJLGgz4SyK7QQXgMbTmbIIKI/edit

The Skeletons before you are armed with longswords, and carry large metal shields.

The Cloaked Figure before you seems to be muttering an incantation...

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-27, 08:17 PM
Idunn let out a string of Dwarven curses; of course they were surrounded

She pulled the crossbow slung across her back, and took aim, getting ready to fire.

Pause here; Idunn will make a spellcraft check to try and determine what the incantation the Cloaked Figure is muttering is. If it seems like it would be harmful to us, then Idunn will open fire on the CF (taking a 5ft step if necessary for the Barn to not give cover).

Otherwise, if it seems like the spell being cast is a good idea (Mass Cure Light Wounds would be nice :smallbiggrin:), then Idunn will spend her action casting Mage Armor on herself.

Spellcraft [roll0]

Crossbow [roll1]
Damage [roll2]

Croverus
2012-07-27, 09:34 PM
Brugard spat in their general direction than lets otu a roar, charging the middle skeleton and slamming his shield into it as hard as he can.

Initiative:[roll0]
Charge action, moving infront of middle skeleton, +2 to the hit, -2 AC
Using my Heavy Steel Shield to shield bash, I'll take another -2 AC for this but it does bludgeoning; Current AC is 15
Attack roll [roll1], Confirm is Crit [roll2], Damage [roll3] Bludgeoning damage

rorikdude12
2012-07-27, 09:58 PM
@Brugard
The skeleton intercepts the shield bash with it's own shield, blocking you.

@Idunn
Wait to post until it's your turn please.

Initiative Is Still

Skeletons (17)
Idunn (17)
Kalitus (13)
Forrest (11)
Xanth (10)
Brugard (9) (Just Went)
Cloaked Figures (6)
Procession

The cloaked figure stands there, and the zombies charge the valiant heroes (Just "hero", as they're attacking Brugard.)!

Zombie 1
To hit [roll0] Damage [roll1]
Zombie 2
To hit [roll2] Damage [roll3]

rorikdude12
2012-07-27, 10:04 PM
Brugard holds off the undead monsters with his shield.

SKELETONS

The Skeleton attacked by Brugard strikes at him, slashing with his longsword.

To hit [roll0], Confirm [roll1], Damage [roll2], Crit Damage [roll3]

Another Skeleton joins in the assualt on Brugard.

To hit [roll4], Confirm [roll5], Damage [roll6], Crit Damage [roll7]

A third skeleton charges at Kalitus.

To hit [roll8], Confirm [roll9], Damage [roll10], Crit Damage [roll11]

rorikdude12
2012-07-27, 10:12 PM
Brugard is stabbed by both skeletons. Take 13 damage.

Kalitus, however, is impaled on the blade of the skeleton that charged him, the sword going through his lower torso. Take 5 damage.

Idunn can tell that the cloaked figure seems to be controlling the undead. She shoots him with a bolt that grazes his rib cage. He winces, but continues muttering. It seems as though he speaks not magic words, but commands. You then observe him cast Entropic Shield on himself.

It is Kalitus's turn.

NinjaTBB
2012-07-27, 10:50 PM
Kalitus winces at the well placed wound and takes a swing on the skeleton with his flail (Move Action to take it out, [roll0] to hit; [roll1] crit confirm; [roll2] damage; [roll3] additional crit damage). "These abominations are formidable. We may have a tough fight on our hands."

rorikdude12
2012-07-27, 10:55 PM
The skeleton has the chain wrapped up in his rib cage. When Kalitus pulls it back, the skeleton shatters and the chunks fall to the ground.

dantiesilva
2012-07-28, 08:46 PM
As Xanth sees the undead focus on the man named Brugard he once again calls out to the shining one asking him to heal his fellows as he moves to directly behind him.(move action)

[roll0] Cure light wounds (standard action)

Croverus
2012-07-28, 11:28 PM
Edit edit: I just now noticed the post you made about the damage. Please ignore this post I'll redo my turn as I can take full actions now.

Croverus
2012-07-28, 11:48 PM
Brugard feels the healing energies restore him into fighting shape. With his renewed vigor he roars and swings his ax at the same skeleton he had tried hitting before, his shield will be needed to hlep intercept enemy retaliation.

Brugard attacks the skeleton again with his ax this time, so his Ac should be back up to 19.
Attack [roll0], critical confirm [roll1]. Damage [roll2] if crit do an additional [roll3] damage (the +2 vs undead isn't multiplied in crits).

rorikdude12
2012-07-29, 08:44 AM
Brugard slashes with his axe, slicing through the very bones. The skeleton falls apart at his feet.

rorikdude12
2012-07-29, 08:54 AM
The walking corpses surround the valiant Brugard, assailing him.

Zombie 1
To hit [roll0], confirm [roll1], damage [roll2], added crit [roll3]
Zombie 2
To hit [roll4], confirm [roll5], damage [roll6], added crit [roll7]
Zombie 3
To hit [roll8], confirm [roll9], damage [roll10], added crit [roll11]
Zombie 4
To hit [roll12], confirm [roll13], damage [roll14], added crit [roll15]
Skeleton
To hit [roll16], confirm [roll17], damage [roll18], added crit [roll19]

rorikdude12
2012-07-29, 08:56 AM
One zombie is able to get past Brugard's shield, and a skeleton stabs him in the back with a longsword. Take 15 damage.

rorikdude12
2012-07-29, 09:01 AM
Three skeletons fire their shortbows at Kalitus.

#1 To hit [roll0], confirm [roll1], damage [roll2], added on crit [roll3]
#2 To hit [roll4], confirm [roll5], damage [roll6], added on crit [roll7]
#3 To hit [roll8], confirm [roll9], damage [roll10], added on crit [roll11]

One fires his shortbow through the hatchet hole at Forrest.
#1 To hit [roll12], confirm [roll13], damage [roll14], added on crit [roll15]

rorikdude12
2012-07-29, 09:04 AM
Several arrows ping off Kalitus, but one sticks in him solidly. Take 5 damage.

The arrow whizzes by Forrest and implants itself in the wall of the barn.

Croverus
2012-07-29, 04:13 PM
-13 HP. Aaaaand I'm dead. GG games, this was fun for how short it lasted. The dice seemed to just WANT me to die I guess.

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-29, 07:37 PM
Idunn screamed as Brugard, defiant to the last, was pierced through the abdomen with the Skeleton's blade. He fell, unceremoniously, in a heap.

"Guys, we need to get out of here, now. Forget about kill these things, we need to RUN!" She shouted, before beginning to mutter a handful of familiar arcane words, as she conjured a "simple" Illusion

A wall of thick stone appeared around the zombies and skeletons, which curved around to block the entrance completely. The side facing the undead creatures grew pointed spines of stone, sharpened to a razor's edge, to hopefully discourage their master to order them smash through it. Idunn called the illusion so that it would grow from the ground up, as she had seen stronger mages than she call actual walls of stone in the past.

"Okay, that'll buy us some time" She told her remaining companions, "now we just need to deal with that one"

She gestured at the lone Skeleton standing at the hole in the wall, firing shots uselessly with its shortbow.

Standard Action: Cast Silent Image, creating the above. Idunn will make it as threatening and impassable looking as it is possible to have such an illusion look, in hope that the Necromancer (I assume) in charge of these undead will take pause in getting his minions to attack it.

Move Action: Move 20ft, in the most economical fashion, towards the hole in the wall. I don't think I can reach it, based on the scale of the map, but as close as I can get.

Unless that causes me to be eaten by a skeleton.

Also, now is the time to run, guys. We don't care about winning, simply surviving would be nice. We can't brute force our way through this...

NinjaTBB
2012-07-29, 08:57 PM
Taking advantage of the illusion, Kalitus withdraws from combat and moves over to Xanth. (Full round move, up to 60 ft of movement if needed to get to him.) "Don't suppose you have any healing left do you? I'm a bit shaken up."

dantiesilva
2012-07-29, 11:12 PM
Xanth shakes his head and looks at the zombies, " Pelor grants me many lights to heal, but I fear if I do so we will not make it out of here, and then we will have all died in vein." And with that Xanth lifts his silver holy symbol up into the air and begins reciting the ancinet rites of the shining one, speaking of how he had banished all evils from his presence. And as he did this he began to glow as if with divine energy that kept on expanding as he spoke until it reached 60ft. away.

Turning check[roll0]
Turning damage [roll1] Ok so basically i did nothing but fart apparently really these roles suck

Croverus
2012-07-29, 11:57 PM
Seriously. I'd just like to say so far, we've had maybe 3, 4 successful rolls. This is why DnD is a terrible horror game. The randomness dones't make the tanky character suddenly being killed a horryfying event, it was just bad luck. And if the olls keep bieng this bad for the PCs, I predict everyone is dead before this even gets to page 5. :smallannoyed:

stanleyindraven
2012-07-30, 07:46 AM
Forest will pull his short sword. "So lead the way," he says to anyone who will move, as he is farthest from the entrance.

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 09:19 AM
One of the captives almost escapes, but he was shot to death by his skeletal captors.

The lone skeleton fires an arrow at the weakling mewling priest of his master's enemies.

To hit [roll0], Confirm [roll1], Damage [roll2], Crit [roll3]

rorikdude12
2012-07-30, 09:28 AM
The poor skeleton shoots another arrow into the wall.

Golden Ladybug
2012-07-30, 09:56 AM
"Lets go!" Idunn whispered, gesturing to the others to move, and quickly "I have to go last; I need to be here so that I can keep the illusion up"

She stole a glance back at the wall she had created, and shivered, "We might not have a lot of time..."

NinjaTBB
2012-07-31, 06:22 PM
Kalitus will move beside the hole in the wall opposite the doors, out of the skeleton's line of fire. "I'm far too wounded to lead the way out. Someone with more fight left in 'em should lead."

stanleyindraven
2012-08-01, 07:13 AM
Seeing the opportunity to flee closing, Forest will finally bring himself to dart out the door and directly at the cloaked figure. Hoping that he will be able to distract the necromancer and break his hold on the undead.

If I can reach him and attack i will. Attack[roll0] damage [roll1]

dantiesilva
2012-08-01, 08:35 AM
Xanth becomes annoyed very quickly as the man with the sword begins charging the robed figure. They needed to get away and he was attacking. " The fool. I'll lead." Xanth says to them as he puts his crossbow back on his back and pulls out his spear. Next he hands the magical dagger to the wizard and says " You may need this more then I do." And with that he began running towards the exit chanting in the divine language trying to make the undead become dust. Turning check 1d20+1 Turning damage 2d6+0

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 08:48 AM
Forrest runs THROUGH THE ILLUSORY WALL and comes about five feet away from the cloaked figure. He is yet unable to strike him.

The skeletons let loose a volley of archer fire.

#1 To hit [roll0], Crit Confirm [roll1], Damage [roll2], Added Crit Damage [roll3]
#2 To hit [roll4], Crit Confirm [roll5], Damage [roll6], Added Crit Damage [roll7]
#3 To hit [roll8], Crit Confirm [roll9], Damage [roll10], Added Crit Damage [roll11]

Also, roll a Will Save versus fear or Forrest is frightened for [roll12] rounds as the cloaked figure casts a strange spell.

dantiesilva
2012-08-01, 08:51 AM
Turning check [roll0] Turning damage [roll1]

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 09:18 AM
Several Undead flee in terror.

The Cloaked Figure realizes the wall is an illusion and mutters fervently.

Two Zombies charge at Forrest.
To hit [roll0], Crit confirm [roll1], Damage [roll2], + [roll3] on a crit.
To hit [roll4], Crit confirm [roll5], Damage [roll6], + [roll7] on a crit.

A skeleton fires an arrow at Xanth. To hit [roll8], Crit confirm [roll9], Damage [roll10], + [roll11] on a crit.

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 09:22 AM
The zombies beat Forrest to a pulp before he can flee. The cloaked figure stabs him with his dagger to finish him off.

[roll0]

The arrow misses Xanth.

rorikdude12
2012-08-01, 09:23 AM
Forrest lies dead, his mangled body on the ground oozing blood.

Golden Ladybug
2012-08-03, 07:53 AM
Idunn swears profusely as the Rogue breaks her Illusion and is swiftly defeated by the group of undead, stopping when the Cleric passes her the Dagger they had earlier collected.

She looked from the hole in the wall and the lone skeleton to the quickly advancing force (weakened as it had been by the Clerics Turn Undead). Even if the Cleric dispatched the Skeleton that barred their way from the exit in one strike, they would probably be chased down by the horde.

They needed time. She couldn't call up another illusion; such a trick wouldn't work twice, and she couldn't call the words to mind. If only that rash idiot had dealt with the only obstacle to their escape, rather than charging to certain doom.

She only had one trick left up her sleeve, and it wasn't a very good one.

"I'm not dying yet..." Idunn swears, before she mutters a snatch of arcane syllables. Her arm hardened, a stone exoskeleton created by her magic. Strength flowed through her as she pulled a short length of wood from her pack, and squared off against the remaining monsters, an Illusory Copy coming into view besides her.

"I'll buy you as much time as I can, just make sure we have an exit, okay?"

Idunn breathed deeply, and shivered. They didn't have a chance.

Okay, Standard Action: Cast Fist of Stone
Move Action: Draw Club from Backpack (Bring it on Skeletons, I'll bludgeon you straight to hell)
Immediate Action: Brief Figment (50% Miss Chance)

5ft step into whatever space I can which provides a decent amount of cover for my remaining party mates. I'll try and AoO at least one of them, and them use my Club and Natural Attack to try and take down as many as possible.

Is this a horrible plan? Yes, yes it is.

If my Brief Figment is destroyed, I'll use my next turn's Swift Action to bring out another one.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-03, 08:45 AM
Defending himself to the best of his abilities, Kalitus tries to break the wall to enlarge the already existing hole. "This may be the end my friends, it was an honor to fight by your side."
AC now at 21 and [roll0] STR to break the wall.

dantiesilva
2012-08-03, 09:31 AM
" What kind of talk is that." Xanth says looking back at them as he continues to hold up his holy symbol holding the undead at bay. " The shining one watches us, and as long as his light shines I shall fight." Xanth says with a smile before he casts a healing spell on Kalitus, after all it would not be long before the battle was joined once more. " I shall go through the door last to cover our escape. Make sure the mage stays alive, she may be our only chance in surviving this mess." He says with a smile to his companions.

[roll0] Thats my last 1st level spell and keep in mind that Kalitus you are invisible to undead right now because of me casting hide from undead.

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 03:15 PM
The wall is broken.

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:00 PM
One Zombie lumbers up to Idunn. Another charges her.

To hit [roll0], Crit Confirm [roll1], Damage [roll2], Crit damage [roll3]

Three skeletons fire their arrows at Idunn.

#1 To hit [roll4], Crit Confirm [roll5], Damage [roll6], Crit damage [roll7]
#2 To hit [roll8], Crit Confirm [roll9], Damage [roll10], Crit damage [roll11]
#3 To hit [roll12], Crit Confirm [roll13], Damage [roll14], Crit damage [roll15]

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:04 PM
Miss Chances

Hit on a 2

[roll0]
[roll1]
[roll2]
[roll3]

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:06 PM
Idunn is able to avoid all the attacks with her beguiling enchantments and the poor aim of the undead.

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:08 PM
The Cloaked figure strolls up to you and tries to poke you, his index figure swirling with unholy energies.

[roll0]
Melee touch attack [roll1], Damage [roll2]

rorikdude12
2012-08-03, 09:09 PM
The touch of the figure seems icy cold, and then everything goes black.

Idunn is dead.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-03, 10:31 PM
Kalitus cringes as Idunn drops to the ground, lifeless. "Requiescat in pace, you died nobly." He turns to Xanth. "Unless there are undead raising the dead I shall assume the cloaked one can see me. I'll try to run for help." He starts for the hole in the wall. "None tonight shall have died in vain."
Full round action running hopefully southwest [roll0] survival to know where to go(?). 90 ft per round (40 base speed (Quick trait), 30 in heavy armor, x3 = 90) for 13 rounds before checks are necessary. All the while looking for any signs of life.

dantiesilva
2012-08-03, 11:21 PM
Dantie follows after Kalitus though still behind him by a ways.

[roll0] Survival check to make sure they are going in the direction the note said.

rorikdude12
2012-08-04, 06:08 AM
You run safely out of the town.

Everyone gets 1200 xp!

You all have no idea what direction you are going.

dantiesilva
2012-08-04, 10:49 AM
Once outside of town Xanth calls out to Kalitus. " I think we are safe." He says as he stops to catch his breath. "By Pelors beard that was close. It was by his grace we escaped that. We must be more careful on who we choose to listen to for it seems that unlike normal undead these ones are much stronger. I fear that our trials shall only get worse the longer we live." Xanth then looked up in the sky trying to find out where they were as he handed Kalitus the note that he had picked up in the barn. All the while he was looking around where they were and listening to the sounds around them. " We must find a place we can easily defend. Running around all the time will only get us killed. By now all the more powerful mages have probably retreated to their hidden houses. Besides the ones it mentions vaguely in the letter we may be the only ones left alive."

[roll0] Survival check
[roll1] Listen check
[roll2] Search check

rorikdude12
2012-08-04, 01:10 PM
Once outside of town Xanth calls out to Kalitus. " I think we are safe." He says as he stops to catch his breath. "By Pelors beard that was close. It was by his grace we escaped that. We must be more careful on who we choose to listen to for it seems that unlike normal undead these ones are much stronger. I fear that our trials shall only get worse the longer we live." Xanth then looked up in the sky trying to find out where they were as he handed Kalitus the note that he had picked up in the barn. All the while he was looking around where they were and listening to the sounds around them. " We must find a place we can easily defend. Running around all the time will only get us killed. By now all the more powerful mages have probably retreated to their hidden houses. Besides the ones it mentions vaguely in the letter we may be the only ones left alive."

[roll0] Survival check
[roll1] Listen check
[roll2] Search check

You hear the sounds of cawing ravens, and of footsteps moving from the town to your position. You seem to be in a thickly wooded area.

You realize that you need to go directly south to get to the point mentioned in the letter.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-04, 08:25 PM
"Indeed, we are quite fortunate to have escaped with our lives. Do you perchance know of the surrounding area? I myself am rather unfamiliar with it." While speaking Kalitus is remaining alert.
[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot

dantiesilva
2012-08-04, 08:55 PM
Xanth nods his head and turns to the south. "I know that we need to go south, and that we are not going south. Besides that no. I was one of those clerics who stayed in the town he was sent. I never thought I would have lived to see this day and so had never prepared for such actions. The only reason I know about directions is from lots of study. My skills are best in magic and the knowledge of the divine. Everything else is not so easy for me." Xanth admits hoping that the paladin knew more then him. " If we were inside a church of our gods right now, I have no doubt that I would be able to tell you anything you needed to know, but out here I am very little help." As they are talking Xanth begins walking towards the south, always paying close attention to his surroundings. Hopefully they would find something of use on there travels.

[roll]1d20+4[roll] Listen
[roll]1d20+4[roll]spot

dantiesilva
2012-08-04, 08:58 PM
Sorry lets try that again

[roll0]Listen

[roll1] Spot

NinjaTBB
2012-08-05, 12:40 AM
"Then I suppose we shall wander. If we come across any towns I may be able to scrounge up enough resources to forge some armor, if needed. If we intend to survive we must be well equipped and well trained." As they walk Kalitus uses a single round duration of Detect Evil every 18 seconds, taking advantage of his quicker pace.
Assuming single moves so we can spot/listen the movement would then be as such.
{TABLE="head"]Round | Kalitus | Xanth
1 | 30 | 20
2 | 60 | 40
3 | DE | 60[/TABLE]
Repeat.
Also, since just one round I can't be stunned by anything, I'm just detecting the presence of evil.

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 07:46 AM
"Then I suppose we shall wander. If we come across any towns I may be able to scrounge up enough resources to forge some armor, if needed. If we intend to survive we must be well equipped and well trained." As they walk Kalitus uses a single round duration of Detect Evil every 18 seconds, taking advantage of his quicker pace.
Assuming single moves so we can spot/listen the movement would then be as such.
{TABLE="head"]Round | Kalitus | Xanth
1 | 30 | 20
2 | 60 | 40
3 | DE | 60[/TABLE]
Repeat.
Also, since just one round I can't be stunned by anything, I'm just detecting the presence of evil.

Not much evil is really to be found, no. Nothing evil.

dantiesilva
2012-08-05, 08:07 AM
Xanth continues heading south, every 40 feet stopping to look around and listen to make sure nothing closes in on them.All the while he talks to his fellow survivor. " So which branch are you from. I do not believe I have seen you before in the city. Though then again I got out only to heal those less fortunate then myself, so I never had much contact with the world. And epically not with hunting down evil." After he catches up to Kalitus he pulls out the bottle of firey red liquid and asks " Any idea what this is? I'm asumming the glowing bottles of liquid are holy water since the note said there was some and it is the only thing that was in the barn besides this waterskin." Xanth says before casting a spell to make sure it was safe to drink. Content he took a swing and then passed it to Kalitus. " Good fresh water."

I'm assuming nothing has changed since the last tie I checked so here goes. [roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Knowledge religion to see if he knows what the fiery liquid is or the glowing water in the jugs

NinjaTBB
2012-08-05, 08:34 AM
"You probably haven't seen me in the city, I was simply passing through. Though in light of recent events, my previous task is rather irrelevant at present." He inspects the bottle. "I'm not sure, I'm not particularly versed in the pursuit of knowledge." Taking a small gulp from the waterskin, he passes it back to Xanth. "Thank you, and I do not believe I've caught your name?"
[roll0] Listen
[roll1] Spot
[roll2] Untrained (maximum 10) Knowledge Arcana to know what the red liquid is.

dantiesilva
2012-08-05, 11:23 AM
Xanth will keep on going until the conditions change from his spot or listen check. And still waiting on my knowledge check

" I see. Well my name is Xanth. And no task passed by the gods is irrelevant. If it was how would I still have my powers? No my friend, though the times have changed our mission is still the same." He said as they continued walking, always listening to see if they heard or saw anything.

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 01:29 PM
Xanth will keep on going until the conditions change from his spot or listen check. And still waiting on my knowledge check

" I see. Well my name is Xanth. And no task passed by the gods is irrelevant. If it was how would I still have my powers? No my friend, though the times have changed our mission is still the same." He said as they continued walking, always listening to see if they heard or saw anything.

Glowing water from the jugs is holy water.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-05, 03:33 PM
Kalitus nods. "I am Kalitus, pleased to meet your acquaintance, though I wish it were in a more...controlled environment." He laughs. He glances around. "Any clue how far it is to our destination?"

rorikdude12
2012-08-05, 05:02 PM
@Xanth
Xanth knows it's about one more hour of walking.

dantiesilva
2012-08-05, 08:42 PM
Xanth finds the humor in what his companion says and begins laughing as well. " If it were that easy I fear we would have never have gotten out. For if we would have kept with those we would have surly died. Did you see the way one of them ran to there death." Xanth said shacking his head. Xanth looks up into the sky and then turns back to Kalitus "About an hour more. Have you picked up anything on your undead radar? After all the more we kill now the less we have to deal with later on." And with that Xanth once again went to his normal routine of looking around and listening to the surroundings. " And best of all it seems we are indeed carrying a lot of holy water, though the red liquid seems to be above my knowledge.Shall we coat our arrows in the holy water? Xanth asks as he opens the jar and dips his spear head into the water as well as the tips of his arrows.

[roll0]Listen
[roll1]Spot
[roll2]Survival

NinjaTBB
2012-08-05, 09:10 PM
"Indeed, though the illusionist was simply unfortunate." He smiles slightly knowing they're closing in on the destination. "Not yet, thankfully. I guess it can't hurt." He rubs some holy water on his weapons.
[roll0] Spot
[roll1] Listen

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 07:53 AM
Xanth finds the humor in what his companion says and begins laughing as well. " If it were that easy I fear we would have never have gotten out. For if we would have kept with those we would have surly died. Did you see the way one of them ran to there death." Xanth said shacking his head. Xanth looks up into the sky and then turns back to Kalitus "About an hour more. Have you picked up anything on your undead radar? After all the more we kill now the less we have to deal with later on." And with that Xanth once again went to his normal routine of looking around and listening to the surroundings. " And best of all it seems we are indeed carrying a lot of holy water, though the red liquid seems to be above my knowledge.Shall we coat our arrows in the holy water? Xanth asks as he opens the jar and dips his spear head into the water as well as the tips of his arrows.

[roll0]Listen
[roll1]Spot
[roll2]Survival

Still a lot of the same, bu after 30 minutes you see a deer.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-06, 09:27 AM
Kalitus whispers to Xanth. "I'm without ranged weapons, fire a shot and as soon as I hear it go off, I'll charge the creature. Sound like a plan?" Kalitus grabs his flail and waits for Xanth.
Readied charge on the condition: Xanth fires his crossbow

dantiesilva
2012-08-06, 09:35 AM
Xanth smiles and whispers back " I'm always game for dinner." And with that pulls out his crossbow and fires. Please lets us not go hungry tonight. Xanth prays to Pelor as the shot leaves his crossbow and Kalitus begins to charge. Reloading his crossbow as he does so.

[roll0]To hit
[roll1] Confirm
[roll2] Damage(x2) if confirmed which is a 19-20

Attack standard action
Reload move action.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-06, 09:44 AM
As the bolt flies over the deer's head, Kalitus charges it. (Hopefully within 60 ft or this will become a chase scene lol)
[roll0] to hit +2 for charge = 13
[roll1] crit confirm +2 for charge(20/x2)
[roll2] damage
[roll3] bonus crit damage

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 09:48 AM
The bolt misses, but Kalitus got a good slash at the deer's flank. It seems to be running away, although horribly wounded.

I'll let you have one more shot with the crossbow, but then it's out of range.

dantiesilva
2012-08-06, 01:35 PM
Xanth quickly runs after the deer and after about 20ft. he stops and takes aim again, hoping this time it hits, otherwise he will have to hope his tracking skills are enough to find the wounded animal. And with a Silent prayer to pelor he lets the bolt fly.

Move action: Moves full speed 20ft.
Standard action: Fires crossbow
[roll0]To hit
[roll1]Confirm critical
[roll2]Damage x2 if crit is a 19-20 and is confirmed

rorikdude12
2012-08-06, 03:10 PM
You shoot off the deer's right ear with the bolt as it disappears into the forest.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-07, 11:51 AM
As the deer turns to leave, Kalitus takes one last swing at it.
[roll0] to hit
[roll1] crit confirm
[roll2] damage
[roll3] extra crit damage

dantiesilva
2012-08-08, 12:30 AM
" Looks like we are either tracking it down or eating trail rations tonight if we do not find this place soon." Xanth says as he once again begins going south once more towards their destination.

Spot
[roll1d20+4Listen
[roll1]Survival Just doing these checks to situate myself once more and to see if there is any food or anything useful near us, and if I can hear the dead.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-08, 01:39 AM
I'm sure there's a reason the deer had to get away from us. I have faith we'll find suitable food.
[roll0] listen
[roll1] spot

dantiesilva
2012-08-08, 06:05 AM
Indeed, lets just hope we find shelter as well. Its starting to get dark and I personally do not want to be out in the open when they have the advantage. Xanth said as he once again began walking towards the camp mentioned in the note. Either it would be overrun when they got their by the dead or it would be a good place to set up camp for now. At least from their they could launch assaults against the undead and try to learn what happened, Xanth thought as he continued heading towards the area indicated on the letter. Continuing to walk until his ears or eyes picked up a change in their surroundings.

[roll0]Spot
[roll1]Listen
[roll2]Survival to make sure they stay going in the right direction. And Can we use some of the rules from CC where if you were a member of the church you had certain benefits and such depending on your rank.

rorikdude12
2012-08-10, 09:33 PM
No rules from CC. I don't have it.

You see a clearing, and folk armed with crossbows guard a caravan marked with a blue flag. They are roasting a deer over the fire and are cutting up some one-eared deer that looks familiar.

One raises his crossbow at you.
Who goes there?!?!

dantiesilva
2012-08-11, 01:05 PM
I gave ninja time to post.

It is I Xanth, loyal servant of the shining one, and destroyer of the dead. Xanth said as he came into the firelight so that those with a crossbow could see him. I was sent here by some man that had shot himself and left us this message. He said as he pulled out the letter and held it out to whoever wished to take it.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-11, 09:35 PM
Sorry, been real busy IRL recently.

"And I am Kalitus, paladin of Heironeous." He says and he concentrates on the figures before.
Single round action detecting evil

dantiesilva
2012-08-12, 06:15 AM
Once his companion was done he once again spoke up. Now that you know who we are, may we ask who you are? After all it is very odd that we all woke up in a barn and were told to come here by a man who had shot himself in the head with his own crossbow.Xanth was not ungrateful that they were their, it all just seemed odd though, and so he was slightly on his guard, at least till he had an idea on who they were and what their agenda was. If he still had his old mentor, Dantie, he would listen to his judgement. But in a time like this, he had little hopes that he had survived the encounter. He would have fought till the bitter end in the shining ones honor, as he himself would try to do from now on. So while he stood their listing to what the spokes person of the caravan said he looked around and continued to listen to the surroundings around him.

Sense motive[roll0]
Listen[roll1]
Spot[roll2]

rorikdude12
2012-08-12, 11:46 AM
Kalitus detects no evil.

Xanth can tell that most of the people here are scared, several are wounded, and most are armed. There seems to be a good deal of supplies. About a dozen men are working hard to dig trenches and build walls around the perimeter. The people mutter of orcs and kobolds, and dragons southward, and of the undead to the north.

The spokesperson replies, "I am Derrint son of Lord Vyrfnin. I was called out from my estate in the mountains three days ago by an organisation that stated there were necromancers afoot. I came immediately here and set up an outpost that can be fortified and shall protect us from the living dead.What is your business here, and what is the name of the aforementioned man?

The man seems to speak truth. He is clad in chainmail, and on his belt is a sword. The sheath depicts the crest of some royalty nearby, one that has given much to the coffers of Pelor's temples.

dantiesilva
2012-08-12, 08:36 PM
As Xanth saw all the people he took into account that many were injured, and all looked scared. But he could also see that they were well stocked for this battle just by the supplies alone that he saw. He saw some men at work digging trenches and building walls while he heard whispers of all sorts of creatures. It was as if it was the end of the world.

My business is Pelors Will being followed out Lord Derrint, and the man who sent us, as the letter states was named Tedric Derrintsson, none of us meet him though. Xanth said not lieing to him as he spoke the truth. Something seemed familiar about the man but he could not place it. The crest on the sword struck a thum but he was afraid to say anything an be wrong so instead he kept his mouth shut about it as he thought of who the man could be.

[roll0]Knowledge religion saying he is known by the church, or at least the family is.

rorikdude12
2012-08-12, 09:46 PM
As Xanth saw all the people he took into account that many were injured, and all looked scared. But he could also see that they were well stocked for this battle just by the supplies alone that he saw. He saw some men at work digging trenches and building walls while he heard whispers of all sorts of creatures. It was as if it was the end of the world.

My business is Pelors Will being followed out Lord Derrint, and the man who sent us, as the letter states was named Tedric Derrintsson, none of us meet him though. Xanth said not lieing to him as he spoke the truth. Something seemed familiar about the man but he could not place it. The crest on the sword struck a thum but he was afraid to say anything an be wrong so instead he kept his mouth shut about it as he thought of who the man could be.

[roll0]Knowledge religion saying he is known by the church, or at least the family is.

You know that the family worships Pelor and gives freely. Not much else.
The man looks for a moment as though he will bawl, but quickly composes himself.

"Yes, that would be my son. He was trying to prove himself to me and the the rest of my House. I am sorry that this happened. Please excuse me. You can go speak with Gethnor.", he says as he points to a male half-orc.

dantiesilva
2012-08-13, 08:58 AM
Xanth looked on horrified at the exclamation and with a bowed head said to the man. I am sorry for your loss, but in time we will understand why this happened. The shining one works in mysterious ways, and it seems he was in need of your sons help. Otherwise the morning lord would not have taken him. Xanth said before adding I shall pray for him my lord, but in truth he is the one who is blessed for he does not have to live in a world like this one. And with that he watched the lord disappear. So while he went looking for the half-orc Xanth began using his powers to heal all those their that he could, after all he would soon have to sleep, and Pelor would fuse him once more with his divine light.

He can cast 9 healing spells. 4 that heal 1hp, and 5 that cure 1d8+4hp. Each spell used on a different person. That way everyone knows they are their to help. May be a gamble using all but one of my spells, but saying its night time I'm hopping I can get some rest in after sone talking and learning.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-13, 10:52 AM
Kalitus too went to look for the half-orc, slowing his pace to allow Xanth to keep up. While walking he looks about for a smithy.
[roll0] Spot

dantiesilva
2012-08-15, 01:55 AM
When Xanth is done healing all those he can that seem to have the most grievous wounds he lets his friend lead the way, and is not surprised to see that they are looking for a blacksmith along their way to the half orc. " So what is it you are looking for?" Xanth asks him.

rorikdude12
2012-08-15, 04:07 AM
The people react very well to Xanth's healing. The people smile at Xanth and Kalitus as they go by.

Both Kalitus and Xanth see and hear a smithy with a smith at work.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-15, 11:22 AM
"Mostly the half-orc, secondarily, a smithy. I need better armor." Kalitus continues to look for the half-orc.
[roll0] Spot

rorikdude12
2012-08-15, 02:41 PM
"Mostly the half-orc, secondarily, a smithy. I need better armor." Kalitus continues to look for the half-orc.
[roll0] Spot

You see a half-orc. He seems to be directing work on fortifications.

dantiesilva
2012-08-15, 09:40 PM
Very valid point. It seems that we both may need better armor if we wish to survive this. And with that Xanth looked on at the people. All of them worked, but what caught his eye was the figure speaking orders, right away he could tell it was the half orc and began walking towards the man. Greetings, we were sent here by Lord Derrint to speak with you. We are survivors from a village due south from here.

rorikdude12
2012-08-16, 12:45 AM
The half orc turns to face you. He extends his hand and gives you a firm handshake.

"It is good to have more hands at the ready.", the half orc says as he begins walking towards a large section of tents."You two can have this tent.", he says, motioning to an unoccupied canvas tent that looks to have been designed for one person.
"Dinner will be soon, so be ready. We'll have you on scavenging duty tomorrow, or maybe scouting the south."

dantiesilva
2012-08-16, 09:02 AM
As the half-orc shows them their tent Xanth bows, Thank you for your hospiality in this time of great sorrow, any way I can help I will. Xanth said happily. Sure it may have looked like it would only fit one person, but the fact that he had room for them was enough for Xanth. Even if he had to share the tent with two others and use it in shifts the cleric would not mind. He understood what was going on and that luxury was not in the program. When the half-orc told them about dinner a small snicker went through him. It seems we did good tonight after all Kalitus, our deer didn't get away. He laughed then turning to look at the half orc to explain.Earlier we were hunting that same deep, its why it looks like that, sadly we were tired from our run from the village so we failed to actually bring it down in a clean shot. Then to the fact that they would be working he took the jobs as they were told. That is fine by me how about you paladin? Will you be ready in the morning to go and do these tasks? After all they are giving us a place to sleep and eat. Xanth said hoping the paladin would agree with his mind set.

Xanth is using Gather information to see if he learns anything else from the half orc.[roll0] and Sense motive to see if he is lieing [roll1]

NinjaTBB
2012-08-16, 10:38 AM
"It's good to know society is still holding together in such times, I thank you." He bows to the half-orc. He turns to Xanth. "I will be just fine."

rorikdude12
2012-08-16, 06:31 PM
Xanth is using Gather information to see if he learns anything else from the half orc.[roll0] and Sense motive to see if he is lieing [roll1]

The half orc informs you that though times are tough, the place is doing well. There is a goblin encampment that will need to be dealt with soon. He is not lying.

dantiesilva
2012-08-16, 07:01 PM
With the information they gain Xanth nods his head and starts to speak but then stops himself. Though the goblins will be a problem in the short run, I believe we may want to keep an open eye on the undead advancements. In great times of need even enemies band together to stop great evils. Perhaps we can try to negotiate with them first before sending in the murder squad. None the less though if there is a strong dwarven axe here that would accompany us on such a venture so if things go bad we can kill both birds with one stone it would be greatly appreciated. Xanth says to the half-orc, after all you never knew when the shining one would work his magic.

rorikdude12
2012-08-16, 08:07 PM
"Even so, we can deal with that later. Let's have dinner.", the half-orc says as he walks to the mess area.

The mess area seems to be a clear-cur section of what as once forest, with many stumps to sit on. People are already shoving their aces full of food. There is a very old man moving the plates to people with magic.

dantiesilva
2012-08-17, 09:37 AM
Agreed Xanth says as he follows the half-orc and takes a seat close to the center of the group so that he could try and hear all the conversation going on, as well as keep the mage in his sight, perhaps he would confront him later to see what he knew. But not now, it was time to eat, and as the plate was magically brought to him he looked directly at the mage and said thank you mage for your hospitality. And with that bowed his head and prayed to Pelor thanking him for the meal they were eating and for helping the people of this world be able to still function and have a society.

Spellcraft check on the mage to see what spell he used Listen check to see if he hears any rumors and also to learn about some of the people who he would be sharing a living space with [roll1] as well as a gather information check because he is asking about a smithy and where it could be found here if there was one as well as asking about the lord[roll]1d20+-1

rorikdude12
2012-08-17, 10:32 AM
Xanth does not know what spell that was, except that it did not come from a god. He doesn't hear too much in the way of rumors either, most people seem to be eating quietly.

dantiesilva
2012-08-18, 08:23 AM
Waited 24 hours before posting. Ninja were are you?

Xanth noticed that the spell being cast had no divine spark in it and new it was not from a god. But that left many things open for their were many ways to cast spells besides from the gods. He would have to keep an eye on the man to make sure he didn't fall down the wrong path in this time of sorrow and pain.

As he ate from the plate he had been given through listening he heard nothing that was going on, it seemed no one wanted to talk about what was going on, as if they were all afraid if they spoke to loud that they would be found. Then again it was dark, and their was a goblin encampment not far away while they still did not have all their defenses up. It was something to worry about. Perhaps he would suggest making the trench they were digging into a pit trap of sorts, that way when the undead fell into it they would also die from it, and not just be stuck in the pit until they found a way out. And for the enemy spellcasters he would suggest overlapping the great fields that denied all spellcraft around the base, so that if they were attacked while sleeping the spellcasters would not have the upper hand. Yes Pelor was showing him these sites, remininding him of the prison that was outside the town he had once livid in. It was made so no one could break in or out.

rorikdude12
2012-08-18, 08:30 AM
The people begin to leave to their tents for sleep, as they seemed rather tired. Several people cleaned dishes.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-19, 08:47 AM
Really sorry, back to school time is really busy. :smallredface:

After eating the meal, Kalitus turns to Xanth. "Shall we be off to rest? It has been quite a long day." He starts toward the tents.

dantiesilva
2012-08-19, 07:24 PM
Lets Xanth says before he to goes to the tent they w4ere given and goes to sleep. Until the morning.

rorikdude12
2012-08-19, 09:25 PM
Both of you wake up around dawn, as floating shoes lightly kick you both.

dantiesilva
2012-08-20, 06:46 AM
Xanth instantly wakes up when the boat lightly kicks him and reaches for his weapon. But when he sees it is only the boat and not a person he eases. Well time to start our mission it seems. But first.Xanth says before kneeling down and praying to Pelor as is his morning ritual as he watches the sun rise on a new day. Once finished he begins walking towards where they ate. It was probably the mage who had awoken them, so it was a good idea to go see him.

rorikdude12
2012-08-20, 06:51 AM
You see the old man, but nobody else is awake. He points north, where a ccontingent of around fifty zombies and twenty five skeletons are heading for the camp. They are around half a mile away.

dantiesilva
2012-08-20, 09:36 AM
O good great. Xanth says as he sees the congregation of zombies and skeletons coming. Quickly he cast protection from evil on Kalitus, and then takes out his crossbow and loads it.

Initiative [roll0] Please be good. Not good

rorikdude12
2012-08-20, 07:21 PM
The man speaks in a croaky and barely audible voice.

"They won't be here for at least eighteen minutes. I'll be sounding the alarm."

The man casts a spell, and a deep voice shouting, "RISE, ABLE-BODIED FOLK!" resounds through the camp.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-20, 08:01 PM
Kalitus rises and begins to don his armor. "Not a moment of peace here."
[roll0] Initiative

dantiesilva
2012-08-20, 10:30 PM
Once Xanth has his armor on and bow ready he looks to Kalitus So you go left I go right? Xanth laughed knowing that if they got surrounded they would be finished. They had to hit hard and hit fast, otherwise it would be a repeat of last time.

Question Are rules from Heroes of battle allowed, more to the point arrow volley rule.

rorikdude12
2012-08-21, 11:35 AM
The old man chuckles. "We have archers ready, you don't need to go out like big damn heroes and get killed. The fortifications are even readied, with spikes to boot. You folk can relax. Anyone for checkers?"

The old man's assurances seem wholehearted. However, there are a lot of undead...

Nothing from books I don't have, so HoB is off. Sorry. :smallfrown:
[roll0], [roll1], [roll2]

NinjaTBB
2012-08-21, 08:06 PM
"If you insist, though preparation is still good to have just in case." He relaxes and takes his time donning his armor.

dantiesilva
2012-08-21, 10:35 PM
Thats fine, I was just hoping for arrow volley for the fact you have to hit a 15 and each person in the line hits. No big deal

I believe you sir but me and the group we were with thought the same thing. As you see, we are the only survivors. Xanth said with no male intended. I would just rather play it on the safe side then see so many die for no reason. Thank you though for your concern. Xanth said to him before running ahead 20ft and taking aim at the coming undead that were still far enough away where they could not get him.

[roll0] hit [roll1] crit confirm [roll2] damage

rorikdude12
2012-08-22, 03:12 PM
Your crossbow bolt whizzes by the heads of one of the zombies.

The camp's archers are heading toward the battlements and firing. They seem to have it under control.

rorikdude12
2012-08-25, 09:57 AM
The old man looks at you.

"In the forest to the south, there's goblins. Diplomacy won't work, we've heard they're working with the necromancers. We need you to take out their encampment. There's a dispatch of five men at the south wall. Command them as you see fit."

dantiesilva
2012-08-25, 10:01 AM
As you wish. Xanth says confused at his comrades dolling stare the zombies.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-26, 08:22 AM
"If that's where you find us useful, then so be it." He walks toward the point indicated.

dantiesilva
2012-08-26, 09:29 AM
Xanth follows until they reach the indicated group of ten. So I am Xanth, and was told we would be leading this attack on the goblins. If I may ask what are your expertise in combat for each and every single one of you. If we are to win this battle with no casualties as a commander I need to know what my soldiers can do. Xanth began by telling the man about his own capabilities. When he was finished he waited to see if anyone else would step up and tell him what they were good at, as he waited he looked around to see what kind of equipment and armor they had.

[roll0] Spot check to see what they have on them.

rorikdude12
2012-08-26, 07:36 PM
Xanth follows until they reach the indicated group of ten. So I am Xanth, and was told we would be leading this attack on the goblins. If I may ask what are your expertise in combat for each and every single one of you. If we are to win this battle with no casualties as a commander I need to know what my soldiers can do. Xanth began by telling the man about his own capabilities. When he was finished he waited to see if anyone else would step up and tell him what they were good at, as he waited he looked around to see what kind of equipment and armor they had.

[roll0] Spot check to see what they have on them.

Each soldier has leather armor, a longsword, a longbow with 20 arrows, and 2 healing potions.

Three men are Archers, five are swordsmen, and two have forsaken armor and seem to have some magical abilities, focusing on Abjuration.

dantiesilva
2012-08-26, 09:04 PM
I have a plan that may work it is crazy but bear with me. We split up into teams. There are four of us that are bow users and 6 sword wielders. Split up into three groups. 1 archer and 2 swords per group. The mages I shall leave to find there own place in this, you know your powers much better then I. The two swords shall act as a wall for the archers while they rain arrows down on the enemies, once we no longer have them by surprise they charge in while we continue to pelt them with arrows. How does this sound. Take out there patrols first as silently as possible if we can, we do not want them ready for an attack. Xanth said to the group infront of them.

NinjaTBB
2012-08-27, 11:47 AM
"You're battle strategy impresses me. I'd never have thought one of the clergy would be so tactically versed. I'm all for that plan of action."

dantiesilva
2012-08-27, 11:57 AM
Not everyone is born into the clergy you know. Xanth laughed. [COLOR="Red"] In the end it will be a shield wall that keeps us alive long enough to do damage, that is of course as long as they do not have many ranged units themselves, if so it will be much harder to pin them down.Shall we be off?/COLOR] he then asks the group with them.

rorikdude12
2012-08-28, 01:07 PM
The group responds in unison, "Sir yes Sir!"

dantiesilva
2012-08-28, 10:52 PM
And so they go in the direction that the goblins have their base.

rorikdude12
2012-08-29, 07:29 PM
Everybody roll perception.

dantiesilva
2012-08-29, 07:33 PM
[roll0] hope this wrks

NinjaTBB
2012-08-30, 06:27 PM
[roll0] Come on baby!!

rorikdude12
2012-08-31, 07:13 AM
Your buddies get [roll0], and somebody else gets [roll1]

You and your folk come across a group of nine armed goblins.

Initiative is

Xanth > Goblins > Your Soldiers > Kalitus

dantiesilva
2012-08-31, 08:44 AM
Ok everyone get into formation. Xanth says as they spot the goblins. I'm assuming they are far enough away for us to us bows on them. Once everyone is ready he lets lose his arrow and fires it from his crossbow.

[roll0] attack roll [roll1] if original roll was a 19-20 this is crit [roll2] damage, x2 if crit is confirmed im assuming 80ft away.

rorikdude12
2012-08-31, 04:10 PM
One goblin falls, the crossbow bolt stuck in his torso and sticking out the other end.

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 08:44 AM
The goblins seem to have the jump on your troops.

They fire a volley of crossbow bolts at your party.

Vs Xanth
To hit [roll4], Crit Confirm [roll5], Damage [roll6], Crit damage [roll7]
To hit [roll8], Crit Confirm [roll9], Damage [roll10], Crit damage [roll11]
Vs Kalitus
To hit [roll12], Crit Confirm [roll13], Damage [roll14], Crit damage [roll15]
To hit [roll16], Crit Confirm [roll17], Damage [roll18], Crit damage [roll19]
Vs troops
To hit [roll20], Crit Confirm [roll21], Damage [roll22], Crit damage [roll23]
To hit [roll24], Crit Confirm [roll25], Damage [roll26], Crit damage [roll27]
To hit [roll28], Crit Confirm [roll29], Damage [roll30], Crit damage [roll31]

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 08:51 AM
One of your troops falls, a bolt piercing his abdomen.

Kalitus takes ten damage

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 08:56 AM
Two mages in your party cast mage armor on Xanth and Kalitus, and another casts True Strike on an archer.

Archers firing longbows
To hit [roll4], Crit Confirm [roll5], Damage [roll6], Crit damage [roll7]
To hit [roll8], Crit Confirm [roll9], Damage [roll10], Crit damage [roll11]

Warriors firing longbows
To hit [roll12], Crit Confirm [roll13], Damage [roll14], Crit damage [roll15]
To hit [roll16], Crit Confirm [roll17], Damage [roll18], Crit damage [roll19]
To hit [roll20], Crit Confirm [roll21], Damage [roll22], Crit damage [roll23]

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 08:59 AM
Two goblins fall dead, while one is wounded with a stray arrow.

dantiesilva
2012-09-01, 09:04 AM
Not trying to say they didn't die but you missed a few rolls. A hide check vs. the goblins spot check, saying the archers are behind the meat shield short to speak. And thats only if they target the archers sadly. Anyways it is Soldiers turn now, If I may I would like the archers to aim at all the ones with a bow, same with the magic users if they have offensive ray or range spells. The ones that deal the most damage would be best, each one going after the archers launch their arrows targeting whatever is still standing. Both the archers and the mages first go and take cover behind a tree though before launching their spells, that way both need to roll hide checks for the goblins to get by and hit them with a spot check which they get negatives to due to the trees. While the soldiers move in a turtle formation, shield locked together giving each one +3 to AC and reflexes until they are close enough to close in, if they have spears that is great, but otherwise one person attacks a turn that way the integrity of the turtle formation does not fall. If you like I will roll a cha check right now to see if it effects them. 1d20+-1 cha check just encase you wanted it to see if they obey the orders, though saying I told them earlier how to fight it should not be needed.

dantiesilva
2012-09-01, 09:07 AM
Ok guess you already posted so just cross that out, but if you could use it for the next tactic. [roll0] Please and thank you, I have one fallen soldier I do not need or more. Kalitus what is your health at?

NinjaTBB
2012-09-01, 04:49 PM
Taking a heavy blow, Kalitus swings on the nearest goblin with his sword. [roll0] for [roll1] damage. ([roll2] possible crit confirm [19-20] for [roll3] extra damage.)
"I could use a healing hand friend."
At 5 hp

dantiesilva
2012-09-01, 05:53 PM
Dantie hearing Kalitus cast a spell of healing hoping to help his friend out.

[roll0] the 1st level healing spell I have, I believe it is cure light wounds.

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 06:55 PM
Another goblin has fallen, slain by Kalitus's hand. Five Goblins now remain.

Three fire at Kalitus
To Hit [roll0] Crit Confirm [roll1] Damage [roll2], Cit Damage [roll3]
To Hit [roll4] Crit Confirm [roll5] Damage [roll6], Cit Damage [roll7]
To Hit [roll8] Crit Confirm [roll9] Damage [roll10], Cit Damage [roll11]

One fires at Xanth,
To Hit [roll12] Crit Confirm [roll13] Damage [roll14], Cit Damage [roll15]

and the wounded goblin flees.

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 06:57 PM
Kalitus takes 8 damage.

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 07:08 PM
The archers run to duck behind trees as the mages cast true strike on them. The two remaining soldiers run off to charge the goblins.

Charge
To Hit [roll0] Crit Confirm [roll1] Damage [roll2], Cit Damage [roll3]
To Hit [roll4] Crit Confirm [roll5] Damage [roll6], Cit Damage [roll7]
Archers
To Hit [roll8] Crit Confirm [roll9] Damage [roll10], Cit Damage [roll11]
To Hit [roll12] Crit Confirm [roll13] Damage [roll14], Cit Damage [roll15]
To Hit [roll16] Crit Confirm [roll17] Damage [roll18], Cit Damage [roll19]

rorikdude12
2012-09-01, 07:12 PM
Three more goblins die: One by the sword, two more by arrows.

One more is wounded by an arrow. He is the only one alive.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-02, 07:57 AM
Kalitus takes 8 damage.

Because of mage armor my AC is at 21. So I believe I avoided that.

Kalitus charges the last remaining goblin. [roll0] for [roll1] damage. ([roll2] confirm possible crit for [roll3] more damage)

dantiesilva
2012-09-02, 08:07 AM
If Kalitus attack does not kill it.

Dantie seeing that the goblin was still standing loaded his crossbow and lined it up, saying a quick prayer to pelor he let the bolt fly lose.

[roll0] hit [roll1] confirm crit [roll2] damage. x2 on 19-20

If kalitus does kill the goblin

As Xanth sees the last enemy fall he goes to the bodies of the fallen and prays for them all to be welcomed into the halls of Pelor and know peace in the afterlife. Once done he dumps holy water on each one that way if someone were to try and raise them their bodies would turn to dust and be destroyed from the holy energy of the holy water. Once done he looked at everyone and said Everyone who needs healing come to me. and so then he waits to see who steps forward.

rorikdude12
2012-09-02, 02:54 PM
Because of mage armor my AC is at 21. So I believe I avoided that.

Kalitus charges the last remaining goblin. [roll0] for [roll1] damage. ([roll2] confirm possible crit for [roll3] more damage)

Yup, you did, my bad.

rorikdude12
2012-09-02, 03:00 PM
The last goblin falls by Kalitus's blade.

@Xanth

The one fallen soldier seems to be bleeding out, and could be saved through your healing. His comrades hoist him to you.

dantiesilva
2012-09-02, 09:26 PM
As the soldier is brought to him he holds his holy symbol to the sky and places his hand on the mans wound, as the light hits the symbol a soft glow can be seen around the holy symbol, with a few words spoken Xanths arms become engulfed in the glow and then they dissapear into the mans body, leaving a small glow where the wound had been.

Cure light wounds [roll0] on the soldier

rorikdude12
2012-09-03, 08:24 AM
The soldiers wounds glow with magic, and seem to mend themselves. He is still somewhat wounded, but he is conscious, and the wounds aren't bleeding too badly. He looks at Xanth.

"Thank you.", he whispers as he gets back up on his feet.

rorikdude12
2012-09-05, 05:14 AM
All involved gain 225 xp
The soldiers stand ready for new orders.

dantiesilva
2012-09-05, 07:19 AM
Ok looks like we are skipping him again

As the soldier thanks him he goes over to his friend and uses all of his low level spells making sure he was at the best health he could be then looks into the sky to see what time it is.
+6hp to Kalitus but if he does not post by the next fight scene can I count it as he has quit and get me spells back?

rorikdude12
2012-09-05, 03:36 PM
Ok looks like we are skipping him again

As the soldier thanks him he goes over to his friend and uses all of his low level spells making sure he was at the best health he could be then looks into the sky to see what time it is.
+6hp to Kalitus but if he does not post by the next fight scene can I count it as he has quit and get me spells back?

It seems about 2 pm.

If he doesn't post by the next fight scene, I will count him as having quit.

dantiesilva
2012-09-05, 08:44 PM
We still got a small good amount of daylight left, we should use it to our best advantage and try to find there base and take them out before it gets dark, we do not want to be trapped in the woods in the dark. Xanth says as he looks around trying to find which way to go. While he is doing this he orders his soldiers to search the bodies for anything that could be used back at camp and to stack everything bulky in a pile, and to take everything else that could prove useful.

[roll0] Survival check to see which way they need to go to get to the goblin camp. When he finds out and the soldiers are done they move out. Making spot and listen checks every 90ft. [roll1] listen [roll2] spot

NinjaTBB
2012-09-06, 04:19 PM
"Thank you friend, I agree that the light is to our advantage. Let's move out."
[roll0] Spot, [roll1] Listen

rorikdude12
2012-09-07, 05:14 PM
After three hours, you hear a large number of sounds that increases as you walk along. They sound about a mile off, and the area around you is heavily wooded.

The soldiers stop, and look to you for direction.

dantiesilva
2012-09-07, 11:00 PM
I think we should get into formation like last time everyone. It seemed to work last time. Take your time with your shots and make sure they count, target anyone who seems to be a mage first that way our spellcasters have nothing to worry about. While this is going on if you can mages please help our men hit, we need to do as much damage as possible quickly to distract them. Dantie then summons a celestial owl to the material plane so that they may attack from above as well. I will call forth one more of these noble creatures before we go into battle. May everyone know that it has been an honor knowing you all. And Pelors himself awaits us in the afterlife. and with that he begins making preparations for the battle to come.

[roll0] spot [roll1] Listen

rorikdude12
2012-09-08, 07:35 AM
Through the thick woods, you see a horrible battle. A scaly winged lizard wreaks terror on the goblin camp. It's hide flashes red in the light, and it spews fire, roasting the goblin camp. It rip through the goblins avoiding it's ghastly flame, the carnage evident as it eats the flesh of it's victims.

The dragon seems to not notice you or your troops.

One of your troops stops you as you summon the owl.

"It seems like we may have a bigger problem."

Hmm. I guess you can keep the slot for the summon spell. Sorry I didn't describe things well enough. Your spot roll was really good, by the way. I hope you can forgive me for the dragon, I just thought it would be more fun than the goblin camp. It's about as difficult, but seems cooler. Is everyone ok with that? I don't want to be a bad DM!!! :smallfrown:

dantiesilva
2012-09-08, 08:09 AM
The lowest CR red dragon I see is 4 and can 1 shot us with a full attack. In 1d4 rounds can breath fire on us all killing us,has a frightful presence around 17 on a will save...others wise shaken for 1d6 rounds.

Pros, it has lots of money and can probably make one weapon and 1 suit of armor for an animal. Lots of XP. Braging rights that we killed something 2 levels higher then us. And a chance to test our characters mettle.... I agree under one condition, you use my level 1 warriors for this battle filling in your stats for them instead of the one I have. Otherwise we are hoping that with True strike being cast on archers to deal roughly 5 damage a person against 51hp roughly and whatever I summon to do battle against it. They have a better AC then the dragon and will only need to roll 11 to hit, but they only do 1 damage as well, unless I am allowed to chose its feats making its claws attacks deal 1d6-3 damage with improved natural attack claws, a small increase in the end, but if I use my last two level 1 spells that is 9 damage a turn just from them. They die the first time they are hit, but 9 damage a turn plus the archers is impressive. Lets see what Kaltius has to say. After all with his smite evil it may be worth it.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-08, 10:40 AM
At level 2 smite evil is less than helpful in the long run. An extra 2 damage I believe on one attack. Is this battle feasible? Yes. It is gonna be easy? Not at all. If the soldiers are dragon fodder it could be done.

rorikdude12
2012-09-08, 12:04 PM
The lowest CR red dragon I see is 4 and can 1 shot us with a full attack. In 1d4 rounds can breath fire on us all killing us,has a frightful presence around 17 on a will save...others wise shaken for 1d6 rounds.

Pros, it has lots of money and can probably make one weapon and 1 suit of armor for an animal. Lots of XP. Braging rights that we killed something 2 levels higher then us. And a chance to test our characters mettle.... I agree under one condition, you use my level 1 warriors for this battle filling in your stats for them instead of the one I have. Otherwise we are hoping that with True strike being cast on archers to deal roughly 5 damage a person against 51hp roughly and whatever I summon to do battle against it. They have a better AC then the dragon and will only need to roll 11 to hit, but they only do 1 damage as well, unless I am allowed to chose its feats making its claws attacks deal 1d6-3 damage with improved natural attack claws, a small increase in the end, but if I use my last two level 1 spells that is 9 damage a turn just from them. They die the first time they are hit, but 9 damage a turn plus the archers is impressive. Lets see what Kaltius has to say. After all with his smite evil it may be worth it.

What level ones? Please stat them up in a spoiler on your next post.

dantiesilva
2012-09-08, 05:03 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=434254

rorikdude12
2012-09-08, 07:15 PM
http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=434254

Those are all 18s. If you lower all mental stats except wisdom to ten, and lower wisdom and all physical stats to 12, with the exception of one that can be 14, then deal.

dantiesilva
2012-09-08, 10:38 PM
As I told you I give you full control over their stats. It was for another campign that was all on war. So just throw yours in their place and now you have the layout for four soldiers and we are ready to battle a dragon.

rorikdude12
2012-09-09, 06:15 AM
ROLL INITIATIVE

Red Dragon [roll0]

Soldiers
Warriors [roll1]
Archers [roll2]
Mages [roll3]

dantiesilva
2012-09-09, 07:40 AM
[roll0] Initiative Can we have a map? I have a site that does them if you want.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-09, 11:38 AM
[roll0] thank goodness the dragon rolled low

dantiesilva
2012-09-09, 12:59 PM
Yea it gives everyone the chance to hit the wounded dragon before it can attack, and by letting us all hit first it gives us the chance to kill it before it gets its breath weapon back.

rorikdude12
2012-09-09, 04:29 PM
[roll0] Initiative Can we have a map? I have a site that does them if you want.

Umm, yes (https://docs.google.com/drawings/d/1s8Br_ff4ORPk1RN-9UupIWXAbfsM7t00CVfO1Kh8678/edit). A bit crude, but should do the job.

dantiesilva
2012-09-09, 07:57 PM
K thanks. Kaltius your up first.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-10, 11:43 AM
Kalitus moves through the soldiers and charges the dragon, slicing it with his sword. ([roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage. Crit threat (19-20) confirm [roll2] for [roll3] extra damage. Edit: +2 to all attack rolls for charge, I forgot :smallredface:) "Die foul beast, your evil shall not taint this fallen world any longer."
Yay, a crit threat. Odds are I did score a crit.

rorikdude12
2012-09-10, 04:17 PM
The dragon cries out in pain at your blow as it cuts through the dragon's flesh.

The other soldiers run up to aid Kalitus.

The archers fire a volley at the dragon.

rorikdude12
2012-09-10, 04:29 PM
[roll0]

[roll1]

[roll2]

All the arrows fired miss, veering off in the distance.

dantiesilva
2012-09-10, 10:31 PM
Xanth stays where he is commanding the Mages to cast True strike on the warriors and Kaltius while he shots and arrow at the dragon.

[roll0] to hit [roll1] crit [roll2] damage x2 if crit is confirmed.

rorikdude12
2012-09-11, 04:36 PM
The mages have no more spells left today

The mages ignore your order in the thick of combat, for they are lacking in magical energies.

rorikdude12
2012-09-13, 04:40 PM
The dragon roars in pain at the crossbow bolt and the sword wound. He flies back, and exhales deadly flame upon Kalitus and the warriors.

[roll0] fire damage, DC 15 reflex halves.

Kalitus [roll1]
Mage 1 [roll2]
Mage 2 [roll3]
Mage 3 [roll4]
Warrior 1 [roll5]
Warrior 2 [roll6]
Warrior 3 [roll7]

All the warriors and one of the mages dies, perishing in the blast of flame The remaining two mages are horribly scorched.

Kalitus takes 9 damage

rorikdude12
2012-09-13, 04:49 PM
[roll0]

The mages flee, screaming, "RETREAT!!!"

The archers let loose another volley and run.

[roll1], [roll2], [roll3]
Crit Confirms: [roll4], [roll5], [roll6]
Damage: [roll7], [roll8], [roll9]

Alas, all the arrows bounce off the beast's thick, scaly hide!

NinjaTBB
2012-09-13, 06:51 PM
Kalitus winces as the dragon's fire boils him beneath his own armor. "You'll not have me that easily." He advances to the dragon and makes a smite evil attempt (+CHA to hit, +Lvl to damage; [roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage; [roll2] crit confirm for [roll3] extra damage.)

rorikdude12
2012-09-14, 05:20 AM
The beast growls as your blade bounces off it's hide.

dantiesilva
2012-09-14, 06:01 AM
Ok so time to heal. Saying I have only used spell today I am still good.

Seeing the battle going badly Xanth once again runs up to heal his friend Kaltius. Fall back to the tree line, it will provide us some cover. Xanth calls out as he is healing the paladin from the dragons fire, his most powerful weapon blocked. We must fall back to the tree line, it will take him a few seconds to do that again and in an open field we will be slaughtered. We need to take him out from a distance. You have a bow right? Xanth asks him as he begins to turn around so that he can run.

[roll0] Cure light wounds on Kaltius

rorikdude12
2012-09-14, 05:22 PM
The Dragon roars, then tries to clamp his jaws on Kalitus.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2] , [roll3]

Kalitus gets a chunk taken out of him. He takes 9 damage.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-14, 05:49 PM
Kalitus turns and runs into the forest (withdraw action so it doesn't provoke attacks of opportunity) as he shouts to Xanth. "I'm afraid I have no ranged weapons of any sort. Never thought the situation would come up."

dantiesilva
2012-09-14, 10:41 PM
Figures the world is going to hell and no one has everything that could be useful. Xanth says as he runs into the tree line. At its entrence he screams out You shall not pass! Holding up his weapon and with that a burst of light shines from it creating a golden aura around him.

Protection from evil +2 AC and saves

rorikdude12
2012-09-15, 06:55 AM
The dragon charges forth at Xanth with a wild angry gleam in his eyes.

[roll0], [roll1], [roll2], [roll3]

The beast's maw bounces of Xanth's wards.

dantiesilva
2012-09-15, 07:21 AM
I take no damage did you look at my character and then at the spell I cast. 20 AC. Crit on a bite is natural 20. SO I take no damage.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-15, 08:21 AM
Kalitus maneuvers around the dragon to get a better attack point (counted up squares, I can do it without getting attacked). "I hadn't a clue the world would be thrown into apocalypse. There were no warnings." ([roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage. [roll2] crit confirm for [roll3] extra damage.)

dantiesilva
2012-09-16, 09:01 PM
Dantie takes aim with his bow once more trying to pierce the mighty dragons eye.
[roll0] to hit, [roll1] confirm [roll2] damage 19-20/x2

rorikdude12
2012-09-17, 08:05 AM
The sword blades cuts the drake, and trhe arrow pierces it's face, but not it's eye. The drake cries, almost pitiable, then flies up to flee.

Both of you get two AoOs. Xanth, you've been tracking ammo, right?

dantiesilva
2012-09-17, 10:19 AM
yes down to 4 once i fire

NinjaTBB
2012-09-17, 11:28 AM
Kalitus swings on the dragon furiously to prevent it's escape (Attack 1:[roll0] to hit for [roll1] damage, [roll2] crit confirm for [roll3] more damage
Attack 2:[roll4] to hit for [roll5] damage, [roll6] crit confirm for [roll7] more damage)

dantiesilva
2012-09-17, 11:43 AM
Dantie lets his arrows fly hoping to stop the dragon from escaping. Fire your arrows men.

Attack 1. [roll0] to hit, 19-20 confirm [roll1] damage x2 if crit [roll2] crit

AoO [roll3] to hit 19-20 confirm [roll4] damage x2 if crit [roll5] crit

rorikdude12
2012-09-18, 05:13 PM
The remaining men you had already fled. They now come forward from a distance, amazed at the fleeing and grievously wounded dragon.

Xanth and Kalitus gain 1,400 XP!

dantiesilva
2012-09-18, 09:21 PM
Flees in the battle Xantih sees his men come forward to join them. Pelor shall not let us die my friends today. Dantie says as he looks up into the sky to see how much time they have before night comes.

1d20+4 Survival

If they have time to make it back to camp
" Ok men we do not want to be caught out here now, everyone that needs healing come to me. Once done we are moving out back to camp." And with that Dantie heals 3 people before saying he has no more spells left for the day. and that he will heal the rest of them tomorrow. 3 most seriously wounded he heals first.

If they do not have time to make it back to camp
" Ok men we do not have time to make it back to camp, what I need is those not wounded to badly to start getting ready for the night. I'm sure it will be a long one. Those of you who are injured come to me I will try to heal as many of you as I can. Once healed do what you can around the camp to make sure we are ready for tonight. These trees will be our camp area tonight because it is not an open area. There will be two guards always on duty. Now lets move out." And with that Dantie uses his last 3 healing spells on the 3 most seriously damaged people and tries using normal means for the rest. 1d20+4 heal

Did our soldiers gain xp as well? or just us?

dantiesilva
2012-09-19, 08:35 AM
[roll0] survival [roll1] heal

rorikdude12
2012-09-19, 03:18 PM
You have enough time to get back to camp. Only the two surviving mages are wounded.

dantiesilva
2012-09-22, 07:39 AM
What happened to everyone else I thought they survived as well? And did those with us gain xp as well?

Ok men we do not want to be caught out here now, everyone that needs healing come to me. Once done we are moving out back to camp. And with that Dantie heals 2 people before saying he has no more spells left for the day. and that he will heal the rest of them tomorrow. 2 most seriously wounded he heals first.

rorikdude12
2012-09-23, 01:43 PM
Only the three archers and two mages survived.

You heal your troops and begin heading back to camp.

Everybody roll perception at a -3 for distance.

dantiesilva
2012-09-23, 09:27 PM
[roll0] spot [roll1] survival [roll2] listen [roll3] search

NinjaTBB
2012-09-25, 11:14 AM
[roll0] spot [roll1] listen
"A fair warning, I am rather wounded and may not be up for another battle like that." He mentions to Xanth as he walks along.

dantiesilva
2012-09-25, 12:51 PM
Sadly I have no spells left, I used the last to stop the beast. Xanth said looking at Kaltius.

He returns

rorikdude12
2012-09-25, 06:42 PM
Kalitus sees a cloud of mist from the west.

NinjaTBB
2012-09-25, 06:48 PM
"Xanth, I see a bizarre precipitation off to the side. What do you make of it?"

dantiesilva
2012-09-25, 07:33 PM
Xanth looks of to where Kaltius tells him he sees a odd fog and says I do not want to be out in the open when we find out. Lets get back to base, and inform those their first. he said as he began to pick up his pace.

rorikdude12
2012-09-26, 08:09 AM
The cloud of mist forms a humanoid shape and solidifies into some creature hidden by a black cloak. It sprints after you.

dantiesilva
2012-09-26, 08:51 AM
seeing that they can not get away Xander looks to the archers and says All of you head back as far as you can while still being able to shot whatever it is coming at us, if it is friend I will call out to you, otherwise I shall lift up my holy symbol. Dantie then turns to confront the creatue in the black mist. By Pelor I demand you reveal yourself.

[roll0] turning check, but is keeping his holy symbol low at this time, Only thing I know of that can do that is a wizard and a vampire. Not taking chances. [roll1] knowledge relegion

rorikdude12
2012-09-26, 02:42 PM
The thing rasps at you,

"My master seeks parley with you. You will be granted safe passage into his abode and treated as guests, provided you do not instigate aggressive motions."

dantiesilva
2012-09-26, 09:19 PM
I do not speak for those who I am with, but never shall I agree to see or work with any undead creature. And that you can let your master know. Dantie said saying he still can not see the creature but from how it appeared and its voice he already dose not trust it.

rorikdude12
2012-09-27, 04:50 PM
I do not speak for those who I am with, but never shall I agree to see or work with any undead creature. And that you can let your master know. Dantie said saying he still can not see the creature but from how it appeared and its voice he already dose not trust it.

"We seek only to help you with the dragon threat. Are you sure?"

dantiesilva
2012-09-27, 09:02 PM
I have given you my answer. Xanth says now getting mad. Now leave me be before you have a much harder time making it back to your master. and with that Dantie makes his Holy symbol seen to the undead creature. He wants to ask use all to help his master kill the dragon. We have all seen what these masters have done when they need help my comrades. But I refuse to answer for you, so what shall it be, you all have a free will and I will not stop any of you who wish to go. Know this though, if you do choose to leave I with the full authority of the church of pelor shall never allow you near our people again, and if you even think of attacking I will kill you myself. Dantie screams back over his shoulder so those with him can hear, but not reveal themselves. Dantie then prepares to invoke Pelors divine might.

rorikdude12
2012-09-28, 05:02 PM
The creature looks at you.

"I am not kept safe. I do not have the luxury of free will. Leave if you will. Good day."

He leaves and turns into mist.

rorikdude12
2012-09-29, 02:39 PM
You get back to camp. It seems like it's supper. The people welcome you back, and your remaining men begin telling tales of he fighting and bloodshed.

rorikdude12
2012-10-01, 05:20 AM
If nobody posts within a week, this DIES. Really. I'm sick of checking the thread when nobody posts.

rorikdude12
2012-10-08, 04:37 PM
Ok. It's done. You guys abandoned this. Ihad fun, but I'm sorry you obviously didn't. Bye guys.