PDA

View Full Version : Woes of Starter Gear

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 11:53 AM
Hey all, so am trying to participate in a few d&d forum post style roleplay, and am use to starting at level one, so am struggling at choosing gear for higher level things.

One is a simple level 5 dread necromancer

While another which am still planning out is going to be a rogue/cleric/shadowbane stalker, with the starting level being at 9

I can use most the 3.5e books , but well, am stuck with what to choose, as I have so many options. A guiding help would be great.

SideNote: I have 7,000 gold for the Necromancer

for the shadowbane is 35,000 gold.

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 02:38 PM
For the dread, I came up with this

ring of sustenance
-No need for food or water
Hat of Disguise
+10 to disguise checks
an Hand of the mage
Unlimited mage hand at will

Mystral
2012-07-23, 02:46 PM
The haversack is always a good idea. Other then that, maybe a wand of a spell you plan on using often.

SowZ
2012-07-23, 02:48 PM
For the dread, I came up with this

ring of sustenance
-No need for food or water
Hat of Disguise
+10 to disguise checks
an Hand of the mage
Unlimited mage hand at will

For the 35k character, when I play, I try and get +4 attribute items as soon as possible. Of course, you may not have the money yet and it might be more prudent to have a +1 Holy Weapon first and save up some money and get the attribute boost later. An amulet of natural armor and AC deflection ring are worth dropping a few grand on if you have a spare ring slot. Maybe slap a couple extra AC onto your armor, too, if you have the coin.

Keep an eye out for a flight method, too.

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 03:06 PM
What about unmovable rods for the 35k?

Will work on the+4 gear , I have been Googleing some various rog tricks and items like marbles for tripping. I will look deeper into some arrangement's that could be done. Thank you all for your thoughts.

Ernir
2012-07-23, 09:01 PM
I have quite a few suggestions under the "Lists of Necessary Magic Items" link in my signature.

silverwolfer
2012-07-24, 12:49 AM
ty ill have to look into it