PDA

View Full Version : 9 Levels of jumbled Cleric/Rogues PRC help

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 03:57 PM
okay so bascily speaking, I am doing a forgotten realms and will be making a cleric of mask, and my goals are for stealth and tricky interaction not so much as raw combat.

PRC wise, I am debating between shadowbane sneaker/inquistor

Chameleon

and Telflmmar shadowlord

would just like folks thoughts and comparisons on them.

Gavinfoxx
2012-07-23, 04:00 PM
Why not just go straight cloistered cleric and normal cleric prc's? And ask the DM for permission to reflavor domains and have Mask use the relevant domains?

http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=10961.0

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 04:09 PM
My dm wants only one player to be the one of the 5 major spell casters. So it is why am not just doing a full up cleric.

Andezzar
2012-07-23, 04:18 PM
Shadowbane Stalker/Inquisitor requires a Lawful Good alignment. That is not possible with a cleric of mask.

Gavinfoxx
2012-07-23, 05:00 PM
Why not play a Nightsalker? Dragonlance, Races of Ansalon. Divine powered tier 4-ish stealthy character.

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 06:05 PM
who plays dragonlance :P

My only answer to that would be that it is well dragon lance an not part of the core set/FR set.

Gavinfoxx
2012-07-23, 06:11 PM
Eh. I've gotten Dragon Magazine, Races of Eberron, and Dragonlance Campaign Setting option available for that game. Just saying. Aim high!

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 06:15 PM
Shadowbane Stalker/Inquisitor requires a Lawful Good alignment. That is not possible with a cleric of mask.

An adaption bit that is umm hmm... part of ...some of the ..well*tweedles thumbs * I'll remove if an issue from a mod

Adaptation: The Order of Illumination might be too
zealous for some campaigns. Its members are so thoroughly dedicated to good that they can sometimes stray
into intolerance or unfounded accusations. But by leaving
the game mechanics unchanged and simply removing the
flavor elements of zealotry and suspicion, the shadowbane
stalkers become a small group of dedicated cleric/rogues
who are extremely skilled at finding evil monsters. This
order probably would consist of clerics from several
different churches and would welcome characters who
have the right skills.

silverwolfer
2012-07-23, 06:39 PM
An adaption bit that is umm hmm... part of ...some of the ..well*tweedles thumbs * I'll remove if an issue from a mod

Okay I eat my hat, mask is evil aligned I thought he was chaotic neutral

erikun
2012-07-23, 06:53 PM
Okay I eat my hat, mask is evil aligned I thought he was chaotic neutral
You can still be CN and worship Mask without a problem. Or just pick one of the other sneaky-gods with a less evil outlook.

Answerer
2012-07-23, 07:08 PM
My dm wants only one player to be the one of the 5 major spell casters. So it is why am not just doing a full up cleric.
Your DM has way too much say over what his players play, then. Your characters are not his to decide, he's got the whole world to play with. Those are yours, the players, and you shouldn't let him tell you what to do with the one part of the game that's actually yours.

Before someone puts words in my mouth, as they inevitably will: there is a difference between telling you what to play, and banning inappropriate material. It's one thing to ban all of the major spellcasters if they're inappropriate. It's an entirely different thing to mandate that the players only have one. Everyone should be following the same rules.

gorfnab
2012-07-24, 12:35 AM
How about a prestige class from the Giant (Rich Burlew) himself: Divine Trickster (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showpost.php?p=9623145&postcount=7)
Rogue 3/ Cleric 3/ Divine Trickster 10/ Divine Oracle or Cleric 4 - if you go with cleric 4 at the end take the feat Sacred Outlaw from Dragon #357. Cloistered Cleric (UA) might be an okay option as well for this build.