PDA

View Full Version : Any templates similar to "The Crow"?

Jeivar
2012-07-24, 04:18 AM
I recently rewatched The Crow yet again and I started wondering; Is there any official or semi-official template in any of the major systems about playing something similar to Eric Draven? Obviously he was too invulnerable to make for a balanced rpg character, but I'd like to play the same theme: Person rises from the dead as a physical, intelligent, non-rotten revenant to take revenge.

Dhavaer
2012-07-24, 04:35 AM
The d20 Modern Menace Manual has a 'revenant' template.

Siegel
2012-07-24, 05:12 AM
Promethean could be looked at. Also probarly a lot of other World of Darkness stuff.

Doorhandle
2012-07-24, 06:13 AM
A base race, and perhaps even better is 4th edition's revenant.

comicshorse
2012-07-24, 07:48 AM
Geist: Sin Eaters for NWoD

Or Revenants from OWoD

Dimers
2012-07-24, 12:15 PM
You could try the Risen Martyr prestige class ... :smalltongue: *dodges Books of Exalted Deeds being hurled for such an unoptimized suggestion*

More seriously, also in 3.X there's a template in Magic of Faerun called (I think) "crypt spawn" which can be applied to any typical character to make them undead. Not much more to it. Physical, intelligent, not rotten, no weird requirements (you become one by having a particular 7th-level cleric spell cast on you before death), no weaknesses other than those inherent to being undead. You get some minor bennies as you level up.

I like combining that template with "spellstitched" from Complete Arcane -- you infuse your skin with SLAs. But that's very much NOT intended for PCs.

Sturmcrow
2012-07-24, 01:18 PM
Risen from OWoD

From the Wraith sourcebook and exactly fits The Crow idea, basically a Wraith is so pissed off over their death that they either reanimate their own body or create a new one to inhabit. They get access to Wraith powers, they get their own specific Risen powers and the body they make is treated as if it has Potence, Celerity and Fortitude from the Vampire books.

The Glyphstone
2012-07-24, 01:20 PM
Book of Vile Darkness has the Corpse Creature - basically a super-zombie that retains its mental stats and class levels. Combine with a constant Gentle Repose and you've got something close.

Azernak0
2012-07-24, 08:28 PM
And then you need to look into a class that gives ranks in Makeup Use...

The Glyphstone
2012-07-24, 09:30 PM
A one-level dip in Rouge fixes that.

Dimers
2012-07-25, 01:11 PM

*chokes*

Didn't have to fix that for you.

Doorhandle
2012-07-27, 01:17 AM

*chokes*

Didn't have to fix that for you.

I'm very surprised that no-one has made a class based around that joke yet.:smallamused:

Particularly as I'm very guilty of that same mistake... :smallmad: