PDA

View Full Version : D20 Modern Plot Help

Killrain
2012-07-24, 08:32 AM
Hello everyone, I've been watching giantitp for quite some time, but this is my first time on the forums :D

I kind of need some help with a d20 Modern game i will be DM-ing in the near future. I thought of a plot, but it seems to be screwed up pretty bad by my own ideas *other ideas that mix in randomly*, so i might need a hand here :(

The setting is in the near future, where the world is governed by 2 giant corporations *lets call them A and B*. Corporation A is an industrialist, driven by economic and industrial growth, using and abusing whatever means necessary for better quality of living. Corp B are the environmentalists, their mission is somewhat close to corp A, but they veer to nature's side, coexisting with all their green technology.

The PCs are 5 university students that happen to be caught up in the mess between these 2 corporations, and they eventually will pick a side to fight on.

I plan to make corporate A the bad guy, but then I'm out of ideas.

I can't seem to grasp how can I lead these guys into picking a side, while they can just stay neutral and probably get away with it ?

I'd really appreciate some backup here :D

Cespenar
2012-07-24, 09:14 AM
Not getting very innovative here, but you could go with this:

The students uncover/chance upon a covered-up research suggesting that the "project of the year" that Corp A has been working on would have destructive effects on the environment. Make it so that the project is pretty definitive in improving the quality of life, to balance things up. The choice works on not one, but two axes (Life Quality/Environment and Truth/Greater Good), so it might be interesting to watch.

Killrain
2012-07-24, 09:47 AM
wow that's quite an idea. hmm...

might have to think about a science project gone bad then. something like the tech used for ironman's core ? :smallbiggrin:

in the meantime, any other suggestions ?