PDA

View Full Version : Watersinger (Undine bard archetype) extra spells (PF)

Scarlet-Devil
2012-07-24, 02:07 PM
The Watersinger Spells class feature says:
A watersinger adds certain water-themed spells to his spell list. He adds these abilities to his spell list as soon as his bard level allows him to cast spells of that spell level.

Does this mean that all of the extra spells are automatically added to the bard's list of spells known, or that they're just added to the Bard spell list, so that he has the option of picking them if he wants?

The ambiguity for me comes from the term "his spell list" as opposed to something like 'the Bard spell list'.

Waker
2012-07-24, 02:19 PM
I would say that the spells are added to Spells Known, it seems quite similar to the Sorcerer Bloodline Spells which reads

At 3rd level, and every two levels thereafter, a sorcerer learns an additional spell, derived from her bloodline. These spells are in addition to the number of spells given on Table: Sorcerer Spells Known.
However if someone can find precedence somewhere else though, I could be wrong.

Psyren
2012-07-24, 02:46 PM
"Spell list" and "spell known" are different things though. One is potential, one is actual.

grarrrg
2012-07-24, 03:53 PM
Actually, the wording seems pretty clear.

A watersinger adds certain water-themed spells to his spell list. He adds these abilities to his spell list as soon as his bard level allows him to cast spells of that spell level.

The "as soon as his level allows" bit is (probably) to prevent you from UMD-ing wands earlier or something.

They become valid options to take, as NONE are on the Bard list normally, but you do NOT automatically get to cast them.