PDA

View Full Version : 4e Firefly

Tegu8788
2012-07-24, 06:18 PM
Awhile back, after the Avengers movie, I asked the playground how they'd build the various characters. While 4e might not be the best system, it was certainly fun. I've recently introduced some friends to another of Joss's works, and my mind once again went to finding classes for the characters. Everybody would be human, or near human refluffed. Anything not martial would also have to be refluffed, and everyone would need some competency with ranged weaponry.

What would you do?

Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds
Zoë Washburne
Hoban 'Wash' Washburne
Inara Serra
Jayne Cobb
Kaylee Frye
Dr. Simon Tam
River Tam
Shepherd Book

Raimun
2012-07-24, 07:57 PM
Bow Rangers, Crossbow Rogues and Seekers. Perhaps a Bow Bard too.

And there was the chick with two melee weapons so she's Melee Ranger.

Done. Can we do Buffy/Angel next?

ninja_penguin
2012-07-24, 08:45 PM
Pull out the 3rd party Amethyst or Ultramodern 4 rule set so I can give them all guns without any problems, and go to town, basically.

Otherwise rogues, rogues everywhere.

Tegu8788
2012-07-24, 10:01 PM
Yeah, Rogues and Bards fit most of them, the lot are Cha/Dex. Jayne strikes me as a Barbarian, Zoë maybe a Ranger. Mal could easily be a Bowlord.

But the noncombatants are a bit trickier. I'd say Simon is an Artificer, River a Monk. Book perhaps even a Laser Cleric or Paladin. Inara I'm at a loss for. Wash is more skill monkey and charm than damage, and Kaylee is almost pure skill monkey.

Honestly, Skald would work pretty well for most of them. I wonder how unbalanced things would be if you let melee weapon powers work with ranged weapons.

@Raimun, you want a Buffy list, make your own thread. Don't want titles to be misleading. Maybe I should have called it "Classes for Whedon Characters."

Alejandro
2012-07-24, 10:11 PM
It would be really easy to do with SW Saga edition. 4E, everyone already covered it, except there's no real Pilot skill.

Siegel
2012-07-24, 11:59 PM
Sherpherd is a Touchstone
The doctor is an Angel
River is a Brainer
Inarra is a Skinner
Jayne is Gunlugger
Zoe is a Battlebabe

wait, wrong System...

Katana_Geldar
2012-07-29, 07:35 PM
It would be really easy to do with SW Saga edition. 4E, everyone already covered it, except there's no real Pilot skill.

It would be easier to use the actual Serenity game, TBH.

Tegu8788
2012-07-30, 08:37 PM
Well where's the fun in that?

Hopeless
2012-07-31, 06:19 AM
Awhile back, after the Avengers movie, I asked the playground how they'd build the various characters. While 4e might not be the best system, it was certainly fun. I've recently introduced some friends to another of Joss's works, and my mind once again went to finding classes for the characters. Everybody would be human, or near human refluffed. Anything not martial would also have to be refluffed, and everyone would need some competency with ranged weaponry.

What would you do?

Captain Malcolm 'Mal' Reynolds: Fighter with extra levels of Tank and Toughness feat
Zoë Washburne: Fighter multi-class with ranger
Hoban 'Wash' Washburne: Bard multi-class with Rogue
Inara Serra: Cleric multi-class with Bard
Jayne Cobb: really dumb Rogue multi-class with Ranger
Kaylee Frye: Sorceror multi-class with Artificer
Dr. Simon Tam: Cleric multi-class with Paladin for that stick stuck up the proverbial
River Tam: Psion multi-class with Monk
Shepherd Book: Fighter multi-class with Cleric