PDA

View Full Version : Types of class powers

killianh
2012-07-25, 04:54 AM
I'm trying to put together a list of the different type of powers that classes can get. Anything and everything. Here's my list so far:

Arcane magic
Divine Magic
Psionics
Manoeuvres
Incarnium
Binding
Mysteries
Truenaming
Precision damage
Auras
Invocations
Built-in damage progression (monk unarmed damage, warlock eldritch blast, etc)
Spell like abilities
Movement boosts
Immunities
Enemy specific bonus (Favourite enemy, smite evil, etc)
WIS bonus to AC
Nartual Armour
Attribute bonuses
Feats
X Stat to Y bonus (Most factotum abilities, anything that changes what stat is used or adds a stat to something different)
Action economy abilities (pounce, etc)
Self buff (Rage, etc)
Trapfinding
evasion
Mettle
Bardic Music
Wildshape
Debuffs (hexblade curse, Dread Necro touches, etc)
Duel progression (mystic theurge, etc)
Crafting (class abilities, not the skill check i.e. maester)
Infusions
symbiont (cancer mage, etc)
Summoning

If there is anything that stands out as a repeating ability from any PrC or Class that I might have missed please let me know and I will add it to the list A.S.A.P. I'm not too concerned with abilities that are unique to only a particular PrC unless its a unique ability that modifies another, better known ability.

I thank any and all of you in advance for your help.

Andorax
2012-07-25, 01:02 PM
Minor note: Dual progression, not duel progression...the latter is "getting better at dueling", and I'm not sure any class has that as a specific class feature.

Precision damage enhancing progressions (sneak attack/sudden strike/skirmish)

Foe-typed progressions (favored enemy X)

eggs
2012-07-25, 01:11 PM
I don't think I get it.

Do you just want us to throw in some comments like "Wild Empathy. Some classes get Wild Empathy" or "Some classes get bonuses to saves"?

EDIT:
Whatever it is, Surreal's Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff) is probably a good place to start.

killianh
2012-07-25, 09:35 PM
I don't think I get it.

Do you just want us to throw in some comments like "Wild Empathy. Some classes get Wild Empathy" or "Some classes get bonuses to saves"?

EDIT:
Whatever it is, Surreal's Lists of Stuff (http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19871954/Lists_of_Stuff) is probably a good place to start.

Thank you for the list. Comments like that would be helpful if its a recurring theme of abilities. There are quite a few classes and PrCs that use wildshape (and class variants) so that's something I want to add to the list.

The ultimate goal of the list (once I have it) is to use it for rating the power of core abilities that classes are built on for people that want to use existing class abilities and make a unique class out of them. Some problems obviously can come up with figuring things like that out (like the balance between a druid and a wizard. Both get full casting. One has a semi unique list, the other is more generic. One gets wild shape, the other gets bonus feats. One gets d4s, the other gets d8s. And so on)

Roguenewb
2012-07-25, 09:41 PM
Crafting? Techincally, there is Artificer and fleshwarper with the reserve class feature, but I believe there are a couple other PrCs with bonus feats for the task and related abilites (Maester comes to mind, but I'm AFB)

killianh
2012-07-25, 10:45 PM
Crafting? Techincally, there is Artificer and fleshwarper with the reserve class feature, but I believe there are a couple other PrCs with bonus feats for the task and related abilites (Maester comes to mind, but I'm AFB)

Thanks, has been added