PDA

View Full Version : Advice for a Multishape

Stallion
2012-07-25, 11:08 AM
In my upcoming game, my DM has ruled that wildshape will be useable in accordance to your character hitdie, rather than your 'wildshaping class' hitdie. In light of this, I jumped onto the concept of a multishape. In light of this, I was faced with a decision, because I still wanted at LEAST tier 2-3 power and flexibility, but I did NOT want to approach the tier 1 that is the druid. So, I've come to a decision: Do I want to use a wildshape ranger 5/MoMF 10/Warshaper 5 OR a wildshape ranger 5/Planar shepherd 9 (using one of the less broken environmental planes, maybe acheron)/Warshaper 5/Shiba Protector 1? Obviously I want a fair bit of raw power and flexibility, but I don't want to eclipse the other members of the party, which consist of a rogue/assassin, a barbarian that's been eyeballing frenzied berserker, and a sorceror that's been focusing on mostly blasting with a secondary emphasis on battlefield control. Any advice from the playground?

Tvtyrant
2012-07-25, 03:26 PM
Remember that you can always play your character below their build optimization, but the reverse is not as easily true. So I would personally take the latter choice and simply not go looking for the most powerful choices.