PDA

View Full Version : New Comics!

yearsball
2012-07-25, 02:35 PM
Hello, all,

I've been reading OOTS for a while now. Reading, re-reading, and re-rereading. I am a HUGE fan, obviously, and yet I had never visited the forum.

The only reason I'm doing so today is to voice my concern about update frequency. I'm aware that Rich is singlehandedly doing all the work on the comic itself, plus I'm sure that keeping up with everything promised on the Kickstarter takes up a bunch of his time. Although I'm not too sure, I guess he probably has a life of his own also, so there's that.

However, the point of all this rant is to scream, loud and tearfully, PLEASE, RICH, PLEASE UPDATE THE COMIC MORE FREQUENTLY! Time was when we would see a new issue every week or two at the most (or at least some amazing artwork explaining what was going on). Now, I barely bother to check once a month... and have ocassionally come away emptyhanded.

Come on. We all love the characters; we're going to stick around (pun intended). But please show us you still care about us, regular readers!

Hiro Protagonest
2012-07-25, 02:58 PM
Every time someone complains about the update frequency, Rich kills a catgirl. Please think of the catgirls.

Seriously though, this is against the forum rules. And I remember the last time people started voicing complaints about the updates. Nobody liked it.

Serpentine
2012-07-25, 03:06 PM
Rich is sick and isn't subject to demands, complaining won't make the updates come any faster, welcome to the forum, be sure to read the forum rules.

Mordokai
2012-07-25, 03:40 PM
Rich is sick and isn't subject to demands, complaining won't make the updates come any faster, welcome to the forum, be sure to read the forum rules.

Badum-tsh! (http://instantrimshot.com/)

Hazzardevil
2012-07-25, 04:19 PM

Where was this announced? I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere.

Douglas
2012-07-25, 04:35 PM
Where was this announced? I don't remember this being mentioned anywhere.
What, Rich being sick? I don't think she's referring to a specific recent illness or anything like that, but rather that Rich has some kind of chronic recurring health issue. It's been mentioned on various occasions over the years, and he has consistently refused to reveal any details about it (and, I think, considers asking for such details to be somewhat rude and invasive) beyond that it exists and sometimes affects his ability to make comic updates.

In any case, discussing the comic update schedule (and especially making demands that it be increased) is strictly prohibited (http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?t=6496).

yearsball
2012-07-25, 04:50 PM
Well, I definitely need to read the forum rules. And I can see why too many people whining about the same issue might be considered annoying and impolite, so - thanks for the heads up.

I can't believe, however, that nobody shares my feeling - and just to show I don't want to just whine, I'm officially volunteering to do whatever I can to help Rich keep making it.

So, any ideas? Tasks?

Jimorian
2012-07-25, 06:14 PM
Well, I definitely need to read the forum rules. And I can see why too many people whining about the same issue might be considered annoying and impolite, so - thanks for the heads up.

I can't believe, however, that nobody shares my feeling - and just to show I don't want to just whine, I'm officially volunteering to do whatever I can to help Rich keep making it.

So, any ideas? Tasks?

This is precisely the kind of offer that Rich wants to AVOID and why the topic is off limits. Really, just respect his decision and privacy and leave it alone and deal with the fact that the comic appears "at random" and always will until it is finished.

Roland St. Jude
2012-07-25, 06:25 PM
Sheriff of Moddingham: This topic is explicitly listed as an Inappropriate Topic in the Forum Rules. Thread locked.

Also, the News pages make several references to the non-schedule and the reason for a non-schedule.