PDA

View Full Version : God of War

GeekGirl
2012-07-25, 03:19 PM
Greetings all. My group is starting a new game and we are allowed to make a deity (if we like) to follow. I am making the God of War, he is neutral evil, but I am honestly just stuck on the build. We get 30-40 level and the DM will do the divine rank stuff after.
So if you were going to build a level 40 God of War, what build would you use? They aren't really going to see play so it doesn't have to be too crazy, but he is a god.

Diovid
2012-07-25, 03:28 PM
Depending on the exact kind of God of War (Athena-like or Ares-like) either Warblade or Barbarian probably fits best. An even more tactical God of War could go with something like Crusader and Marshal.

For a Barbarian I'd probably go with the Totem Rager prc or the Runescarred Beserker prc.

silverwolfer
2012-07-25, 03:30 PM
Greetings all. My group is starting a new game and we are allowed to make a deity (if we like) to follow. I am making the God of War, he is neutral evil, but I am honestly just stuck on the build. We get 30-40 level and the DM will do the divine rank stuff after.
So if you were going to build a level 40 God of War, what build would you use? They aren't really going to see play so it doesn't have to be too crazy, but he is a god.

I would suggest talos from FR as your template what type of gow is it, tactics, rage , rash, blood thirsty?, honorable?

GeekGirl
2012-07-25, 03:54 PM
I was planning more or a tactical warrior. His domains are War, Domination, Glory.

silverwolfer
2012-07-25, 04:25 PM
I was planning more or a tactical warrior. His domains are War, Domination, Glory.

try this out

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Red_Knight

Diovid
2012-07-25, 04:27 PM
Definetely either use Crusader or Warblade as a base then.

silverwolfer
2012-07-25, 04:32 PM
Definetely either use Crusader or Warblade as a base then.

oh jeesh why would you do that , juse do a fighter spiked chain .

Man on Fire
2012-07-25, 04:52 PM
So you do 40 levels and after that you get Divine ranks, do I understand you correctly?

Okay, how about one of two options:

1) Simples possible, this is a crazy maniac who likes to fight more than anything else, he's like Marvel Comics' Ares, as in, he's like this:

"Now, as the learned bookworms among you may know, two Gods of War hail from Olympus. We have divergent interests. The chain of command. Rules of engagement. This Geneva Convention thing. Medical evac. Supply lines. The white flag. The Red Cross. Worrying about evacuees and refugees. Taking prisoners. Losing the battle but winning the war. Cursed diplomats. The proper standard of grooming. Sensibe things like having enough bullets before you go into battle. That's the dung my sister cares about. I'm the other God of War."
- Ares, Dark Avengers: Ares.

If so, I would suggest simples build possible - Barbarian 20/Frenzied Berserker 10/War Hulk 10.

2)Another possibility is somebody who sees war as source of fame and glory, somebody whose followers starts wars for glorious battles, but have set of rules they follow - they won't do things that won't bring them glory, like raping or killing surrendering enemies, killing children and pregnant women - you know, bad guys with standards. They should be technicans - they study fighting techniques and dedicate their lives to improve their skills, so they can have more glorious victories, and so is their god. In that case build would be more dificult - I would suggest Warblade 10/Crusader 5/Swordsage 5/Eternal Blade 10/ Bloodclaw Master 5/Master of Nine 5 or some other combination of ToB classes and PrCs. (Also, Elvish Evil God of War Would be Amusing)

And sugggestion - make thsi god be a woman.

Igneel
2012-07-25, 05:04 PM
I almost want to throw out doing what most of the Gods in Deities and Demigods did with roughly half your levels being a spellcasting class (such as Cleric) and the other half consisting of classes like Warblade, or at least a gish PrC to progress either side.

GenghisDon
2012-07-25, 05:15 PM
To be honest, I think any major evil Gods of War would be LE or CE...but a demi-god or maybe lesser god could be a NE "war" god of mercanaries, pirates, ect, ect.

Medium sized Human (Extraplanar, Evil ) Demi-God: DR 5
STR 26 (32) DEX 26 (32) CON 26 (32) INT 22 (28) WIS 18 (24) CHR 24 (30) Speed 80 AC 55+(+10 deflection, +5 divine, +11 dex, +12 armor +7 Shield, +5 nat; +6 dodge/1 attacker, +4 vs AOO, -4 KS) BAB +30 (can hit on 1) Saves (+5 divine, can save on 1)
Rogue 4 Swashbuckler 11, Fighter 10, Ranger 3, Scout 12
Skills: +5 divine
Domains: Evil, Trickery, War, Travel (domain powers: free action 5/day, SLA: CL 15(16 for evil), DC 25+SL: pro vs good, desecrate, magic circel vs evil, unholy blight, dispel good, create undead, blasphemy, unholy aura, summon monster 9(evil), longstrider, locate object, fly, dimension door, teleport, find the path, greater teleport, phase door, astral projection, disguise self, invisibility, nondetection, confusion, flase vision, mislead, screen polymorph any object, time stop, magic weapon, spiritual weapon, magic vestment, divine power, flame strike, blade barrier, power word blind, power word stun, power word kill, plus greater teleport (CL 20, 500 lbs+)

salient divine abilities: Battlesense (always has dex, no flanks, no sneaks unless vs gods of divine rank 6+), Divine Armor Mastery (no dex cap/hindrances in light/med armor), Divine Weapon Mastery, Irresistable Blows (weapon attacks as touch attack, stuns fort DC 26 for d10r, ignores hardness), Sunder & Disjoin (DC 29 disintegrate & disjunction vs weapon or object used against him),

Feats: Dodge, Mobility, Quickdraw, Spring attack, Daring Outlaw, Daring Warrior, Swift hunter, Swift Ambusher, Track, Rapid Shot, Endurance, Weapon Finesse, Bounding Assault, Combat Expertise, Rapid Blitz, Karmic Strike, Combat Reflexes, (WF, WS, Improved Crit all weapons), Elusive Target, Melee Evasion, Leadership, Telling Blow, Greater WF: , 21 24 27 30 33 36 39

Sneak Attack +8d6 (L15; 13d6 for ambush feats), Skirmish +5d6, +5 AC (L19; always works for fav enemies, even crit immune), Fast move +20, Battle fortitude +2, blindsense 30', camouflage, flawless stride, improved evasion, trackless step, improved uncanny dodge, trap finding, favoured enemy's (L15: human, undead, constructs, elementals ), wild empathy +3, dodge bonus +5, grace +3, insightful strike, acrobatic charge, lucky (1/d), trapsense +1, +5 divine bonus on attribute checks, immune to transmutation, mind affecting, energy/ability drain, ability damage, electricity, cold, acid, disease, poison, death, stun, sleep, paralyze, disintegrate, massive damage saves; fire resistance 10, SR 37, DR 15/epic, immortal, divine senses (5 mile range), remote sensing (5 mile r, 2 locations, block gods with DR 5 or less), portfolio sense (1,000+ peeps), portfolio actions ( DC 15 auto, 2 free actions/r), portfolio magic items (4,500 gp), divine aura (50'r, will DC 25, daze, fright or resolve), all communication, direct to 5 miles; remote communication (any worshipper, or within 5 miles of religous site or statue), godly realm (500'r)

Gear:
+6 weapon of ?
+5 Mithral Plate & Mail of?
+5 Mithral Heavy Shield of?
+5 Amulet of Nat armor of?
+5 Cloak of Resistance of?
of Perfection (+6 all scores)

cripes this is taking a bit...I'll edit more on later(x2)

2xMachina
2012-07-26, 06:47 AM
And here I thought you meant Kratos.

GenghisDon
2012-07-26, 06:56 AM
video games aside...Kratos is the god (personification really) of force/power/might

silverwolfer
2012-07-26, 07:08 AM
video games aside...Kratos is the god (personification really) of force/power/might

lust, fortification,bloodshed

D@rK-SePHiRoTH-
2012-07-26, 07:42 AM
I'd play Jack b Quick
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19869062/6_hits_to_1:_Jack_B._Quick

With added levels of Swordsage, Crusader, Warblade and Master of Nine.

Feralventas
2012-07-26, 12:42 PM
For a God of War, with War, Domination, and Glory?

Warblade5, Warmage5, Jade Phoenix Mage10, Cleric 5, Ruby Knight Vindicator 10 (ignore patron and alignment requirements) and Legendary Leader (Heroes of Battle) 5.

Initator level 25. 13th caster level warmage, 13th caster level Cleric, and Legendary Leader because a God of War better Damn Well be able to lead as well as fight. Cleric because a bit of divine casting when you're a divine entity is expected, and Warmage because it's a god of War, not just Fighting, and ignoring the warfare potential of arcanum is foolhardy in a 3.5 setting of almost any sort. I'd consider a bit of either Rogue or Swordsage dipped at some point, maybe eating a warblade level or two to represent the mundane aspects, but the sneaky-stabby bit may go against the Glory part unless Victory is the only Glory you need.

Edit: I realized that one could qualify for JPM at 5th level by Warmage4/Warblade1 because of the Initiator Multi-class rules, so
Warmage4 (4)
Warblade1 (5)
JPM10 (15)
Cleric3 (18)
Ruby Knight Vindicator (28)
Legendary Leader (33)
Dread Commando (38)
w/e 2, really not sure what has two levels or a pair of one-level dips that scream WAR.

GeekGirl
2012-07-26, 01:29 PM
Wow you guys are awesome. I like the ideas a lot.