PDA

View Full Version : What Would You Do with a Martial Monk?

VGLordR2
2012-07-25, 07:35 PM
Hey, guys. On a recent thread, Someone mentioned the Martial Monk. I did some digging, and I found that it is an ACF from Dragon Magazine. Essentially, it allows you to select Fighter bonus feats instead of the normal Monk ones, in exchange for a few skill points. Now, there is a debate over whether or not you need to meet the prerequisites for the Fighter bonus feats, based on some poor wording. I am not here to continue that debate. Instead, I want to ask the Playground: what would you choose if you could pick three Fighter bonus feats without meeting their prerequisites?

JKTrickster
2012-07-25, 08:01 PM
Oh ignoring ANY prerequisites?

Martial Study three times to grab 3 9th level maneuvers of your choice :smallbiggrin:

Or....

Versatile Unarmed Strike with Slashing Flurry and Weapon Mastery - but that might not work as well as the first option.

Roguenewb
2012-07-25, 08:01 PM
Hmmm. Robilar's Gambit, Melee Weapon Supremacy, and Spring Attack. I know those feats aren't terribly synergistic, but they are all three feats that I have always really wanted, but the Pre-Reqs are deadly.

danzibr
2012-07-25, 08:18 PM
I'd pick up Whirlwind Attack and throw it on a Spiked Chain Half-Minotaur Enlarge Person dude.

VGLordR2
2012-07-25, 08:43 PM
Oh ignoring ANY prerequisites?

Martial Study three times to grab 3 9th level maneuvers of your choice :smallbiggrin:

I thought of this. The problem is that Martial Study doesn't have a prerequisite, the maneuver does. So while you could choose Martial Study for your feat, the odd wording of the Martial Monk would not allow you to skip over the maneuver's prerequisites, only the prerequisites of the feat.