PDA

View Full Version : Melee optimized elf dragon rider Build number 2 of 5

dantiesilva
2012-07-25, 11:30 PM
As the name implies this is the second of the five builds I need made. The race has to be an elf and has to focus on using a dragon as its mount. You do not have to make it so he gets it as a mount because they automatically gain them, but if you use a class that powers up a mount it goes straight to the dragon instead. Any color dragon is allowed, Alignment is not a major issue, as long as they are not Chaotic evil it should be fine. Starting stats are as followed;

STR18
DEX20
CON16
INT18
WIS18
CHA18

Magic is not needed for the build because the other half of the build will be using a psion class from Expanded psionics. The level cap will be 24, 25 if it is essential. I want him to be all damage. One shot just about anything, and focus of of his DEX and INT if possible making it as sad as possible. I was thinking crusader and the class cavalier from PF along with the Classes Dragonkith, Dragon rider (from Draconomicon), Platinum knight if possible. Please playground cook me a dish that can work with the best and still end up on top. I will probably be using Psyionic warrior on other side if it helps anyone with an image. Thank you and can not wait to see what you create.

You can also create the dragon if you want, that is completely up to you.

VGLordR2
2012-07-25, 11:34 PM
What are the limitations on the dragon? Is prismatic (http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/SRD:Prismatic_Dragon) a color? What happens if you use Bestow Curse on it?

dantiesilva
2012-07-26, 12:07 AM
ahh good questions...Anything on the material plane normally is allowed, anything else count as a no. And what exactly do you mean if you cast bestow curse on it?

VGLordR2
2012-07-26, 12:12 AM
ahh good questions...Anything on the material plane normally is allowed, anything else count as a no. And what exactly do you mean if you cast bestow curse on it?

BoVD had some alternate uses of Bestow Curse and Greater Bestow Curse. The former advances the target's age category by one, and the latter advances the age category by two. Cast both on a dragon, and they're suddenly three age categories ahead of where they should be.

Also, for the dragon, I would look through the Sovereign Archetypes from Dragons of Eberron. One of them gives Fighter bonus feats, and another advances Sorcerer casting. Also, look at the Dragon Psychoses in Dragon Magazine. They are like mental disorders for dragons, and they are quite good. In particular, Spellhoarding and Ravening are quite good.

Shinovar
2012-07-26, 12:55 AM
I assume that this is an Eragon build?

I'm not really familiar with those PrCs, but if you want to focus on basing things off of Dex and Int, Crusader and Cavalier are not the way to go. Both will probably be wearing heavy armor and will get much more from Strength, Constitution, and even Charisma in the Crusaders case.

Sorry I can't really add much to this, as I am very unfamiliar with high level play. Good luck!

dantiesilva
2012-07-26, 08:37 AM
Yeas it is an eragon build. It is following the leader build i asked for help with about a week ago.

And now i see were you are going, yes that is allowed.