PDA

View Full Version : Release the hounds!

Ranting Fool
2012-07-26, 06:24 AM
I was wondering if anyone in the playground could point me in the direction of a good "Guard Dog" monster or template.

Something to chase down thieves / guard a Sorcerers tower.

Though I'd rather like something that could fly and either see invisible or more likely have a good scent and survival skill.

The Sorcerers in question are mostly LE and wouldn't be more then level 15 if that makes a difference.

All types of critters welcome :smallbiggrin: even a good homebrew critter

Vorandril
2012-07-26, 06:31 AM
Dear comerade, I'd like to point you to page 182 of the Monster Manual 2.

The Runic Guardian.

Works as a bloody awesome guardian for your tower, and can be called to save your own arse. Oh, and if someone steals the control device? The golem kills them with impunity. =P

Prime32
2012-07-26, 06:35 AM
Mordenkainen's faithful hound? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesFaithfulHound.htm)

GenghisDon
2012-07-26, 06:52 AM
Invisible Stalkers? Dune Stalkers?

is this for NPC's/an adventure? or PC's?

Ranting Fool
2012-07-26, 07:19 AM
Invisible Stalkers? Dune Stalkers?

is this for NPC's/an adventure? or PC's?

It's for NPC rulers of a large city on the off chance the PC's ever decide to try and rob the evil guys (since that is what Good PC's do:smalltongue:) just doing a bit of "Fleshing out" to my world. Even if they are never seen I like to be prepared. :smallbiggrin:

Ranting Fool
2012-07-26, 07:27 AM
Mordenkainen's faithful hound? (http://www.d20srd.org/srd/spells/magesFaithfulHound.htm)

Very very nice :smallbiggrin: just the kind of thing to guard those pesky spell casters when they don't feel like sleeping in a magical space that only they can get to... :smallbiggrin:

@Vorandril, the Golum is very nice and I might just have to sneak that in somewhere but too powerful for what I'm thinking of.

Cheers guys lots of nice ideas:smallbiggrin:

nedz
2012-07-26, 08:09 AM
Hell Hound (CR3) or the Nessian Hell Hound (CR9) MM p151-152
The latter is better, obviously, and they are the right alignment.