PDA

View Full Version : Epic Level Swordsage build help

Man on Fire
2012-07-26, 07:16 AM
So, I'm going to play Swordsage for the first time and on Epic Levels, starting at 30. Pure, nonmagical version, but with dibs to Crusader and Warblade and maybe some PrC. My build right now is Air Goblin Swordsage 15/Warblade 5/Crusader 5/Master of Nine 5 (through i consider changing it to Swodsage 20/Warblade 5/Crusader 5 or some other PrC instead of Master), aiming at secondary meele. I have problem with picking up maneuvers - I was reading through various handbooks many playgrounders produced and they were great help, but...I get the feeling that maneuvers are like spells - what's good at levels you can take it for the irst time may not be so good on epic levels. So I decided to come here and ask about it - what maneuvers and feats should I take to be useful secondary meele on Epic levels?

Nizaris
2012-07-26, 07:39 AM
Well take all nine level nine, some aren't as useful, DW9 due to fire resistance and IH9 since 100 damage is a drop in the bucket in epic. I recommend TWF and making sure you have all four attacks before epic since you stop getting extra attack. Take Mo9 and apply it to Warblade, you can recover maneuvers faster that way and cherry pick from the list.

A lot of it comes down to your build weapon-wise but small bonus damage die don't account for much in epic.

Feralventas
2012-07-26, 12:50 PM
Ask your DM for translation of the Spell Seeds for Epic Maneuvers instead; Martial Lore and the maneuver's school skill as the replacements for Knowledge Arcana/Religion/Nature and Spellcraft.

If the 'casters are boosting themselves and their abilities by pouring a few hundred thousand GP into a 3/day ability, you should be able to do the same. I understand you're going non-magical, so here's some of the spell seeds that could work with maneuvers.

-Afflict: Plenty of maneuvers already have debuffs like ability damage or d20 penalties.
-Destroy: Straight up damage, no excuses.
-Fortify: Probably more for Iron Heart or Stone Dragon, but there are some buffing maneuvers.
-Life and Heal: Both good for a Crusader with access to the Devoted Soul school.
-Reflect: return attacks and spells and w/e else back to sender, excellent for Setting Sun or Diamond Mind.
-Slay: Tiger Claw already hands out a Save or Die on their capstone, 9th level maneuver, so this should fit in fine with any epic maneuver.
-Transport: probably Shadow Hand only, but I suppose a super-jump or effect similar to the Abundant Step effect for the Monk might work.